• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 349 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:43 AM

Send Your Ideas for the BSG Video Blog

We're interested in hearing your ideas for the Battlestar
Galactica Video Blog. Send us your suggestions -- What part
of the production do you want to see more about? Who would
you like to see interviewed by executive producer David Eick?
-- and we'll pass along the best of your recommendations to
David Eick himself.

But hurry -- the next round of BSG Video Blogs starts shooting
soon!

SCIFI.COM Staff

#2 madmac313

madmac313

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 565 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:58 AM

Two comments and a question:

1) Love the videos. Thanks for making the effort! As you might be able to tell from the sheer volume of comments on the board we really do appreciate it.

2) What have you done for us lately? ;> Okay well aside from writing episodes and doing podcasts and in general making sure the show actually gets shot and aired. If there's anything we can do to encourage you and the staff to churn out more behind the scenes stuff please just ask.

3) Can we get a tour of the hangar bay, esp the Vipers? RDM has occasionally mentioned parts of the bay that get added in post, and I'm curious to see what goes into making a typical bustling hangar bay shot given the space limitations, limited aircraft mockups, extras and miscellaneous equipment needed.

Thanks again!
Posted Image

#3 Tormadel

Tormadel

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 546 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 12:43 PM

For some reason these Blog's run like ***** on my computer using realplayer. The video is slow and doesn't match up with the audio that stutters along at normal speed. I didn't have any trouble with Ron's blogs last year so i'm not sure what the problem is.

#4 Zinjo

Zinjo

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:44 PM

Interviews with each cast member on a weekly basis (1 interview a week) with their thoughts on their character's development this season.

We get RDM's and DE's comments in the podcasts, but not much from the cast.

This also gives us a great insight into the character's development, since the actors play such a large role in how their characters behave & react in every episode.

THAT would be interesting.

#5 Frakula

Frakula

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:39 PM

oooOOOooo there's even a new one posted...to top off the new thread.

#6 Shardith

Shardith

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:56 PM

My favorite was the cast read through. I know they all can't be of the read through, but I'd be happy seeing more of them if possible.

#7 MHall

MHall

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,826 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 07:43 PM

David, thanks for the video blogs.

You focussed on the stars, Sackhoff, EJO, Callis-n-Park, etc., but I'm sure many would be just as thrilled, if not more, to follow some of the lesser characters' actors around on the set: Nicki Clyne, Aaron Douglas, etc. You did get some of the behind-the-scenes people, and that was good.

The pelvic exam was hilarious. Please look for other scenes that lend themselves naturally to cut-ups by the cast.

The sound quality was just atrocious (using Quicktime.) That was frustrating, because I kept hearing critical dialogs that had been deleted from the final cut, and I couldn't make out all the words.

You didn't really do any filming of the filming, did you? That could have been interesting for the rain scenes on Kobol or shot of the people running up the ramp onto the heavy raider (which was just a blue screen.)

I am curious about the precautions that are made with guns and whatnot on the set. In the podcasts it was mentioned that gunfights are expensive to film because of the safety regulations. Maybe it would be interesting to see... or maybe not.

What about a writers' brainstorm? I'd really like to see/hear you and RDM dreaming something up or at least working on a rewrite. But I did like that your video blogs were pretty spoiler-free.

#8 The_Merovingian

The_Merovingian

Time Lord

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,069 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 09:01 AM

I love the outakes from the cast script read through:

Baltar: "Who will be the mother then? CALLY? Selix? Starbuck?"

Adama/Olmos: "Maybe she's seen it in a vision. I'm serious....she has all sorts of visions, see's me; she's seen me naked twice!

#9 Bredd13

Bredd13

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 488 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 09:00 PM

I love your signature!

#10 Bredd13

Bredd13

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 488 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 09:02 PM

Notice how they were changed... (the Baltar one, as other ones were...)

I think the first one wasn't an outtake.

#11 madmac313

madmac313

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 08:55 PM

Quote:

I love your signature!

Thanks! Plenty more where that came from by the talented group of mouse jockeys in the banner/avatar thread
Posted Image

#12 frame3_13

frame3_13

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 578 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 05:22 AM

I enjoyed “On the Set with Lucy Lawless”. The bit where DE is talking to EJO. Commander Adama sipping on his fruit smoothie beverage. Both funny and a little disquieting.

#13 HAL9triple0

HAL9triple0

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 09:50 PM

The video blogs are great, keep it going! It's interesting to see how choices behind the scenes eventually end up on screen. A favourite thus far would be the tour of Galactica, and seeing that it's all wood flats......and the script reading. I'd be neat to see more of the production design/prop end of things. Who is responsible for all the uniforms, rank pins, and whatnot?

#14 1987SilverOak

1987SilverOak

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,372 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 09:57 PM

Its going the extra mile that makes me feel so great about this show. From RM on down everyone is really making the effort to comminicate with the fans directly. BSG is such a special show and I commend the CAST and Crew (despite many rude TOS fans) on going the extra yard for us fans. I find it interesting that even in interviews about the show you can almost feel how excited the actors' are about being involved in BSG

#15 lillybett

lillybett

Viper Pilot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 08:22 AM

Thank you for the blogs---I find them refreshing and informative. As you write also, I have a small question about the CIC. We only see the same people manning the stations, it would appear they need little or no sleep! Would it not be practical to show there are other shifts running the ship? I know that usually we are there only when the main characters are on duty (XO, Commander) however I a feeling very sorry for the rest of them.....24/48 hours of shift work and staying up all night has me sympathetic for the crew that gets all the S--- on their watch.......just a thought....thanks

#16 Lemmiwinks

Lemmiwinks

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 451 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 10:49 AM

There's a new update "Spaceships, Spaceships, and More Spaceships" showing the set of Colonial One, a banged up Viper, and the interior of a Raptor.

#17 Bredd13

Bredd13

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 488 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 06:05 PM

There's only one more slot...is there only one more blog left?

#18 Lemmiwinks

Lemmiwinks

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 451 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:01 PM

There is yet another blog entry out on the Pegasus and Blackbird.

#19 lisaarc

lisaarc

Mansquito

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:09 AM

I really think it's great to have the video blog and the podcasts! It's good to have something to look at in between episodes during the week and not to mention to see how everything really looks like on the inside, especially with the hangar bay and the ships, we love to hear and see details about them!

I loved the videoblog with the cast reading the script, my favourite so far. The Commander didn't even have to be there because just his voice is such a great character, and with the added music score on top, wow, it was thrilling!

Still, one part of me wants to know everything there is to know behind the scenes and one part of me wants it to be just BSG, with all the mysteries and questions. So I would say that the level of info is just right, not too much and not too little either.

I haven’t really been into sci-fi before, but know, 33-years old, I have been totally blown away, this show rocks!!!!

THANKS FOR THE BEST SHOW EVER AIRED!!!!

/Lisa A

#20 madmac313

madmac313

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 565 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:05 PM

Wahooooooooooooo! Thanks, David! That hangar bay blog was exactly what the doctor ordered.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users