96397 replies to this topic

#21 bsgbabe

bsgbabe

Minbari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:16 PM

I really like the dance scene too, and that's a nice picture of them. I suppose I'm a shipper, but not just an A/R shipper. A bit of a romantic, I'll all for people finding each other. I believe in destiny, happily ever after and all that, so I love it when I can see the beginning of little sparks between two characters. And I do see sparks between those two. I wonder if they've noticed yet?

#22 artlogical

artlogical

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:20 PM

I am an anti-shipper basically, but I will not diss your thread. In fact, 5 star rating.
Posted Image

#23 Eaglestar51

Eaglestar51

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,970 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:01 PM

Quote:

I really like the dance scene too, and that's a nice picture of them. I suppose I'm a shipper, but not just an A/R shipper. A bit of a romantic, I'll all for people finding each other. I believe in destiny, happily ever after and all that, so I love it when I can see the beginning of little sparks between two characters. And I do see sparks between those two. I wonder if they've noticed yet?

They might have. Although Bill Adama still wears his wedding band, and Laura is preocupied with other stuff, such as, she's only got 6 months to live... I like that they are mature characters, well beyond the first blush of youth, yet they convey so well that special spark when you meet someone with whom you could have a special relationship. It need not be sexual (although that would be mighty fine too!), but they certainly share a connection. Laura glows when she is close to Bill, and he is a better man around her.

All in all, one good 'ship!

#24 kelbelle

kelbelle

Mansquito

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:04 PM

*waves*

Hey, everyone

*tackles chauchi*

I'll wholeheartedly admit that the Adama/Roslin relationship is one of my favorite things to watch on the show. I'm a sucker for a good, intense power struggle between people, and I love the chemistry they have with each other.

For anyone who isn't a member of the adama_roslin lj community, I wanted to share a photo essay I put together of the S1 A/R moments. (I AM working on S2, but time has gotten away from me.)

The Positively True Story of President Laura Roslin and Commander William Adama (so far)....

#25 LittleLeenskie

LittleLeenskie

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:15 PM

It took me forever to find the reply button. Hah.

*pounces on Kel, SJ, Deb (WOO!), Kia and everyone else I've missed*

So I've heard A/R doesn't have much of a representation in these parts of the world. That's about to change. *g*

btw, this is Stephy.

#26 rimorob

rimorob

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 418 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:25 PM

It's so cool to see all the lj people over here.
Kelbelle, that story is genius. Adama's giving in face. Priceless.

#27 ZanONeillSGC

ZanONeillSGC

Mansquito

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:30 PM

Karihan's SuperMuse rocks!!!!!!!!!!

#28 kelbelle

kelbelle

Mansquito

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:30 PM

Quote:

It took me forever to find the reply button. Hah.

*pounces on Kel, SJ, Deb (WOO!), Kia and everyone else I've missed*

So I've heard A/R doesn't have much of a representation in these parts of the world. That's about to change. *g*

btw, this is Stephy.

*oof*

*tackles stephy back*

(There's a lot of tackling here, huh?)

Adama/Roslin REPRESENT!

I...may need some food.

I'm glad you liked the story, rimorob. I hope to have S2 (so far) done soon. That would require me to start it.

I'm with chauchi on the angstfactor. I'm a sucker for it.

#29 ZanONeillSGC

ZanONeillSGC

Mansquito

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:33 PM

I know I m Zan from the lj

#30 pangeamaru

pangeamaru

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:45 PM

Quote:

The Positively True Story of President Laura Roslin and Commander William Adama (so far)....

Honestly, kelbelle, this has got to be one of the funniest things I've read in a long time - fabulous! Please say you'll do season 2...

Re: favorite scenes, I have to say one of my favorites was the opening speech scene in "Water". Adama hates the pomp & ceremony, but does it to make Roslin feel special; she hates pomp, but goes along w/ it to make Adama happy. I think this scene speaks volumes about their characters & how they'll go the extra mile to support each other. I'm glad we're seeing more of this now in season 2 (finally).

#31 enty

enty

Foo Fighter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 08:14 PM

Quote:

Oh my gosh, Kelbelle, I agree with pangeamaru. That is SO FRAKING FUNNY!! I loved it! Thanks for posting it!

#32 Chauchi

Chauchi

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 08:29 PM

*sooperflyingninjatackles Kel and Stephy*

Guess I missed my opportunity to hide under a different screen name, huh?

*pokes Kel into finishing pt 4 of the photo essay*

Quote:

I like that they are mature characters, well beyond the first blush of youth, yet they convey so well that special spark when you meet someone with whom you could have a special relationship.

ICAM. I think it's really great how they're developing such an easy camaraderie with each other. The chat under the tarp on Kobol was fantastic. I loved how the anger didn't materialize and was instead replaced with forgiveness. Talk about maturity!

We'd better get a scene between them shortly where they talk about the fact that, OMGWTF, only 6 months???!

#33 anwy

anwy

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 08:42 PM

Quote:

It's so cool to see all the lj people over here.

yes it was! I can't stop laughing!
Great stuff
A/R rocks!

#34 karihan

karihan

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 08:48 PM

Quote:

Karihan's SuperMuse rocks!!!!!!!!!!

Joins in the general tacklefest, then blushes at Zan and anwy.

Ye gods and little fishes, I am such an attention hound! Anyone who would like to check out my fic should go to:
http://www.mujaji.ne...user.php?uid=18

Some caveats:

Of my longer, multichapter works, "The Last Dance" should be read before "Gods' Gift" (which is not yet finished).

Of my shorter pieces, "Zeus Descends, Hera Rises" kinda should be read before "Doc Cottle's Day After".

"First Glimpses" and "Scaled" aren't connected to anything else I've written, so read them whenever. happy.gif I do have both spoiler warnings and ratings on each story, so take heed. And if you read stuff out of order just because you're anxious to get to the smut, on your own head be it.

I have also just set myself up with a fanfiction.net account, but nothing is uploaded yet. It's under karihan. In fact I'm karihan just about everywhere I go, so I'm pretty easy to find. happy.gif

And do, PLEASE check out the adama_roslin livejournal community. Several of the posters write truly superb Adama/Roslin fic, and we're a pretty funny, raunchy group in general.

#35 karihan

karihan

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 08:53 PM

Quote:

This may be TMI, but reading Kel's photoessay had me as close as I've ever been to wetting myself laughing.

Say it with me now:

Worst. Fight. Ever.

#36 anwy

anwy

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 09:22 PM

Quote:

Ye gods and little fishes, I am such an attention hound! Anyone who would like to check out my fic should go to:
http://www.mujaji.ne...user.php?uid=18

Some caveats:

Of my longer, multichapter works, "The Last Dance" should be read before "Gods' Gift" (which is not yet finished).

I've read those two. It was great! I really had a good time reading your fics! I'm gonna check out the new ones

BTW pangeamaru, love your avatar

#37 lillybett

lillybett

Viper Pilot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 09:24 PM

I'm not a shipper for these two either--she's dying for goodness sakes I don't think sex is at the top of her agenda! I like the fact that they are two strong characters at either end of the spectrum. The decisions they make will not always be sympatic. The distance should remain to keep the distinction of him being a strong leader not a sex-crazed vulture. (for crying out loud)Sorry but that's the way I feel!

#38 anwy

anwy

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 09:27 PM

Quote:

I'm not a shipper for these two either--she's dying for goodness sakes I don't think sex is at the top of her agenda! I like the fact that they are two strong characters at either end of the spectrum. The decisions they make will not always be sympatic. The distance should remain to keep the distinction of him being a strong leader not a sex-crazed vulture. (for crying out loud)Sorry but that's the way I feel!

It's your right to think that but please don't ruin our pleasure!

#39 uryadone

uryadone

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,673 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:04 PM

Quote:

I love Roslin and Adama! Great thread!

In the canon "real world" of BG, I tend to agree that any R / A relationship shouldn't be focused on the physical. They're both such emotional, mature, internally strong people, and they're going through so much, I think their relationship should be emotional. I think if done right, the writers could develop a terrific loving relationship between the two. It would have to be an undercurrent, I think, given the inherent tension. But, it could be something really sweet and deep.

In the A/R world, well... that's another story.

THANK YOU RON, JANE, BRADLEY, DAVID, MICHAEL A., MrsRon, MEXI, MARY MCDONNELL, EDWARD JAMES OLMOS AND ALL CAST AND CREW.

---

----------

Posted Image

~Avatar and Banner by Trinity!~

#40 anwy

anwy

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:07 PM

Quote:

think if done right, the writers could develop a terrific loving relationship between the two. It would have to be an undercurrent, I think, given the inherent tension. But, it could be something really sweet and deep.

I agree. It could really be great! I really hope he writers decide smth for them...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users