Posted Image

#96382 redrock

redrock

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 501 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:46 AM

Hi there frakkers, thought I'd wander by and say heeeeeeeeeelloooooooooooooo!!! Hope you are all doing well and getting ready for "The Closer" return next week. It looks like it will be a great season!!

#96383 vaevictisa

vaevictisa

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

Screw The Closer. Screw Falling Skies too btw

#96384 LittleCinch

LittleCinch

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:29 PM

Hey, y'all!

It's been a million years since I've been on here. I know there was a ton of pic spam for Unfinished Business. Anyone have a link? I'm looking for good images of the red dress - at least one, as full length as possible. My Google-fu is weak, as all I'm finding are crummy itty bitty pics.

Thanks for any help!

Cinch

Posted Image

#96385 subverter

subverter

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

I have not read every comment on this topic but am I the only here who can't stand roslin? She is so hypocritical and arrogant, and as soon as she got power it all went to her head. I know this may not be read at all but I have to say it, SHE DRIVES ME NUTS AND TRULY IS A WITCH. I just finished the entire show on netflix and every time I see her face I want to punch it and then put her out the airlock. I even started the show again (from the beginning) to see how she progressed into her character to understand why she turned out that way, and there is nothing. She just got power hungry and turned into a bi**h. And it has nothing to do with her being a woman. I am dead serious, I yell at the T.V. when she talks, of course my wife thinks i'm crazy and told me to rant on here because she is tired of it. hahaha

#96386 twinklelittlestar

twinklelittlestar

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

*skips through the vast empty land that is the AR thread and ignores the above comment*

Hey, y'all!

It's been a million years since I've been on here.  I know there was a ton of pic spam for Unfinished Business.  Anyone have a link?  I'm looking for good images of the red dress - at least one, as full length as possible.  My Google-fu is weak, as all I'm finding are crummy itty bitty pics.

Thanks for any help!

Cinch

My pick for good BSG images is http://black-celebra...php?album=2167. Definitely go have a look there--there must be something.

I've have been feeling particularly AR-nostalgic lately. Man, we all had some good times. :wub:

#96387 LittleCinch

LittleCinch

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

Brilliant! Thank you!!!! <3

Posted Image

#96388 redrock

redrock

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 501 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:55 PM

Greetings frakkers!! It has been a while, but I have some pics from Dragoncon and you know I always show up where it all began. Here are a couple Mary and Eddie pics to liven the place up. They are still so cute!! I hope everyone is doing well. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#96389 frizzy

frizzy

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

My husband and I just finished watching all of BSG--started over the summer. I'm glad people still read this message board because I'm addicted to Adama/Roslin and in mourning for the show being over and not seeing them anymore.

I read many of the responses to favorite scenes in the early pages of this thread. For me, along with all the usual scenes, there's one line that struck me that I love. It was after A/R got together (the "missed you/I love you" scene) and before the kiss when she leaves during the mutiny. Since they'd gotten together, Earth was a bust and Roslin was freaking out. Most scenes between A/R had Roslin saying leave me alone, don't touch me, get your hands off me, etc. They weren't fighting really, but she was irritated with him trying to get her back on her treatment and acting like president. Yet at the end of the episode where the Tilliam ship jumps away, Adama and Tigh are talking and Tigh says Adama doesn't look too well. He says he needs some rest and tells Tigh "let me know when the tillium ship is back. I'll be with the president."

I loved that line because, even though she kept pushing him away to some extent, he was fully confident that he could go to her quarters and that's where he'd stay. Tigh doesn't bat an eye--I think he assumes he just needs to meet with her. But I just love that even though she's been pushing him away, Adama is sure their relationship is intact. It's just very mature. He can see through the little bumps and know that everything is fundamentally fine. I have a little scene in my head where he goes to her quarters and says "Laura, I'd really appreciate if you stopped telling me to take my hands off you because that's the last thing I want to do." Then of course the next time we see them, they're naked in bed.

Also, just in general, I love the way Adama's face softens or lights up (or both) every time he sees Roslin. He's such a tough gruff guy with such a hard look on his face so often. The change is so subtle, but so obvious. EJO is an incredible actor.

#96390 restless

restless

Psychohistorian

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,503 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

Screw The Closer. Screw Falling Skies too btw

David Weddle and Bradley Thompson have signed on to write for Falling Skies for season 2, so look for it to get a lot better. ;)

#96391 CaproCaine

CaproCaine

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 558 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:11 PM

Air Lock Laura is my choice for President.

Maybe we will eventually get to see the show on our SPACE channel.

#96392 ariallie

ariallie

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

Hi Frakkers! Been a while, but just thought I'd drop in to say hello.

Just watched Exodus, Part 2 on BBC America. I love the scene with Galactica dropping into the atmosphere of New Caprica to launch the Vipers, then jumping away. I'd forgotten it also had that wonderful, sad scene between Saul and Ellen; she knew what was going to happen, but she drank the poison anyway. They really did love each other forever. I didn't think about it then, but now I'm glad the two of them walking away, hand in hand, was one of the last scenes in the finale. In retrospect, as much as I love A/R, I think Saul's and Ellen's love story was just as lovely. So, the love stories of two older couples made all the young couples seem so insignificant. Yeah, yeah, I know, the whole Hera thing... :rolleyes:

#96393 ariallie

ariallie

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

Thought I'd bump this thread because it seemed lost to the ages until pscard talked me through using the filters.

Hope all of you are doing well.

As much as I've found other shows I enjoy, none of them seem to measure up to the high standard BSG set. I hope the recent "reality" show popularity is just a passing trend. I guess showrunners are not willing to spend the money needed to make high quality drama when shows like Jersey Shore or The Real Housewives of..., etc. are so much cheaper (in all ways).

_

#96394 ariallie

ariallie

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

Happy Birthday, EJO!

Just in case any of you drop by in the next few days, there's one more chance to vote for Laura Roslin: Favorite Politician

#96395 ariallie

ariallie

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

Just in case any of you drop by in the next few days, there's one more chance to vote for Laura Roslin: Favorite Politician

UPDATE! The Finals of this poll pits Laura Roslin against Regina Mills (Once Upon a Time). IMO, no contest, Laura Roslin all the way!

#96396 redrock

redrock

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 501 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hello there frakkers!! Just wandering through the old board to say hello to you stragglers!!

:)

UPDATE!  The Finals of this poll pits Laura Roslin against Regina Mills (Once Upon a Time).  IMO, no contest, Laura Roslin all the way!

#96397 ariallie

ariallie

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hi Frakkers!

Watched The Oath and Blood on the Scales on BBCA Saturday. Once again, I laughed at Lee's and Kara's discomfort watching Laura and Bill kissing. And I'd almost forgotten how much I loved Laura's "I'm coming for all of you!!!" scene. And how great was Mary McDonnell's acting then, her facial expressions running the whole emotional scale in a few seconds?!

Speaking of "over 50" romance, I watched last night's NCIS episode and loved the last scene with Mark Harmon and Jamie Lee Curtis. I hadn't realized, until I looked it up, that he's seven years older than she is. I hope she returns for more episodes; finally a new character of whom Abby approves at first introduction. :D

_

#96398 xiratania007

xiratania007

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

*Dusts off the old handle*

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  Hello My Frakkers  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I have been feeling very nostalgic lately and thought I would come visit one of the happiest places I have ever found in fandom. This thread is what made me really enjoy watching a show with people. I miss so many of you. Luckily I still get a chance to speak with some of you via twitter and FB.  I have never found another haven quite like this one. Hugs to you all. 

I heard that Mary and Eddie were both at a Galacticon together recently. If anyone happens to drop in and can post any info about our beloved Roslin and Adama that would be great. 

Here are some beautiful pictures someone was nice enough to post. http://thenerdfu.com/galacticon-2013-olmos-mcdonnell-panel/

Mary looks gorgeous as always. 

Is anyone watching Major Crimes? Maybe I will see some of you around.  :D 

Posted Image

I am still and will forever be a FRAKTASTIK FRAKKER!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users