#161 SigLaw

SigLaw

Viper Pilot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:15 PM

Quote:

The person that started this thread needs some serious medication.

Make it a dirty martini with Grey Goose vodka, please.

#162 1987SilverOak

1987SilverOak

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,372 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:12 PM

Yep, disgusting thread

#163 sighunter

sighunter

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:33 AM

Check out the Fulvio Cecere (Lt. Thorne) interview on the Galactica.tv site:

Fulvio Cecere interview

#164 astr0creep

astr0creep

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:36 AM

Wow, an appreciation thread for a rapist... Good job people!

#165 sighphi

sighphi

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (astr0creep @ Jan 10 2007, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, an appreciation thread for a rapist... Good job people!

Its interrogatorrr not rapist, interrogator.

#166 HarryParatestes

HarryParatestes

Slan du jour

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (sighphi @ Jan 10 2007, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You just keep telling yourself that if it helps wink.gif
Posted Image
The game speaks through all of us differently. Changes us in ways that we can't expect. Stick around long enough, it'll happen to you.

#167 sighunter

sighunter

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:37 PM

I just bumped the thread to promote the interview we did with the actor.

I'm personally not all to happy with his actions. Fulvio himself said that the guy himself probably saw he was a patriot doing "his job". Sure it's ugly, but taking out someones ovaries to make hybrid child isn't cute either so I guess the knive cuts on two sides...

#168 JLDGv2

JLDGv2

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,052 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (MAD @ Jan 10 2007, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just bumped the thread to promote the interview we did with the actor.

I'm personally not all to happy with his actions. Fulvio himself said that the guy himself probably saw he was a patriot doing "his job". Sure it's ugly, but taking out someones ovaries to make hybrid child isn't cute either so I guess the knive cuts on two sides...

As much as it's easy to hate Lt. Thorne you have to admit Fulvio's got a point about how it's fascinating trying to figure out the motivations of villains & our fascination with them.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Boys, have you got a thing for long skirts? Girls, have you got a thing for tzitzit's hanging out & black hats? Ever had a shomer negiyah crush? Too bad! Can't touch this nahnahnahnahnah nahnah nahnah! Being shomer = hot + shtark!.
Frummer than the cool kids & cooler than the frum kids.
"The first necessary step then, is, to depute power from the many, to a few of the most wise & good" - John Adams in Thoughts on Government (April 1776)
The Cylons have a plan - and the writers don't know what it is, but Daniel does
The Quorum of 12 - The Rodney Dangerfield of the Colonial Government
Daniel's my CPA, he said he could land me a bigger refund if I got his name in as a cylon - Grace Park

Shout & Battle of the Line Speech & The coolest vampire hunter & Diplomacy 101: Never mess with the Minbari

#169 sighunter

sighunter

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

Fulvio is actually a very pleasant and fun guy to talk to, so I tip my head for being such a great actor to play such a brutal part so convincing.

#170 Raptor3

Raptor3

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Rai1gun @ Sep 24 2005, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
</font>
<font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
</font>
</font>
That sick ******* will get no banner from me.

The only thing I can appreciate about Thorne is that he is dead.

<hr />
<font class="post">
Amen. I only wish He would have suffered more before He died.

<hr />
<font class="post">

you poeple are sicker than thorne

<hr />
<font class="post">

Raping a defenseless prisoner is immorale, inhumane, and totally unacceptable under any circumstances. Anyone that chooses to think otherwise is sick in my book.

Right on...dam straight. If i'd been Helo or the chief I'd be ****** at the bolt for killing that sack of garbage before I could do it with my bare hands.A quick death was far more then tha sick pig should have gotten.

#171 AIJ Alom

AIJ Alom

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:31 PM

Seriously dude, come off it. Here's a snippet from the interview above.

"it's easy to play a villain. It's just so much fun, because... Unless you actually are one in real life, you don't often get a chance to do things like that. Not that I'm saying that I would be out raping people"

Fulvio Cecere himself considers Thorn a rapist or to make it a little easier on you, an interrogator who rapes.
"Let us not dwell upon our differences, but marvel at our similarities."
Posted ImagePosted Image
Third Exodus: Wheatlons

#172 Raptor3

Raptor3

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:47 PM

How you just don't get this is beyond me. You can't call a rapist an interrogator and all Torn ever will be is a rapist, now he's a good rapist and by that i mean a dead one.
Fictional character or not, this guy needed to die

#173 sighunter

sighunter

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:57 AM

Okay, it's kind of like the thing to say by anybody who's written out of the series now (that they always could come back as a Cylon) but I could see an interesting weird storyline for his character when Fulvio said this:

"Well, I've got to tell you: I wished that somebody would think of some kind of way to bring me back as a Cylon. (laughing). That would be great! And not only from personal point but, I mean, that would make for a very interesting story. Me, coming back as a Cylon. I think that would be pretty interesting. Audiences will think: "Oh my God, what were they thinking? What's going on here? How could it be?" But I think it has got a lot of dramatic possibilities..."

I mean, maybe he used to be a Cylon model that was discontinued because it was too violent and this copy escaped and is taking revenge. Maybe it's a test from the Gods in some weird way. I tend to go with the first one. That he was a "mistake" and had serious and violent problems... Could be a weird storyline. Any thoughts on that?

#174 badbreath

badbreath

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:17 AM

Well, every coin has 2 sides. How do we really know what motivated the first (original) rape of the Six Model? Cain did say she led the attack on the Pegasus, killing 800 men. Maybe a lot of people, especially Thorn, lost people they cared about, not to mention the actual cylon attack, which nearly annihilated the species.

Most people we've seen on Pegasus had a lot of respect for Thorn as he saved their lives several times. I would like to see a whole episode of a Pegasus flashback showing all this, it would lend a new twist to the whole thing, showing Thorn from his good side.

And I wonder: If you had captured an agent of an enemy who had not only killed everyone you ever knew and cared about, but also your entire species and effectively destroyed your civilisation, not to mention the ecosystems of 12 planets including all animal and plant life, would you not want to hurt the enemy as much as possible?

If the cylon prisoner had not been a female but one of the male cylon prisoners and it / he had been similarly tortured, would anyone here really object? Of course such interrogation methods are morally wrong and often counterproductive, but given the circumstances, can you really blame the crew of the Pegasus for their actions? I don't know.

#175 astr0creep

astr0creep

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (AIJ Alom @ Jan 10 2007, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"it's easy to play a villain. It's just so much fun, because... Unless you actually are one in real life, you don't often get a chance to do things like that. Not that I'm saying that I would be out raping people"

Fulvio Cecere himself considers Thorn a rapist or to make it a little easier on you, an interrogator who rapes.

Yes and besides, this is a Lt. Thorn Appreciation Thread, not a Fulvio (Lt. Thorn) Cecere Appreciation Thread...

#176 11001001

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:43 AM

Why is this thread even here?

What next?

Will there be appreciation threads for the child molesters we saw in "Black Market", and the drug dealers we saw in "The Passage"? How about a "Wife Beater Appreciation Thread", for the people who enjoyed seeing Tigh beating up Ellen? Did I leave anone out? mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Some behaviors should not be held as examples for the masses to follow.
Posted Image

"Fighter pilots make movies..Bomber pilots make history."

#177 sighphi

sighphi

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (AIJ Alom @ Jan 10 2007, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

uum where?
where did exactly the words "rapist" and Thorne come together?

#178 sighphi

sighphi

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (Raptor3 @ Jan 10 2007, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How you just don't get this is beyond me. You can't call a rapist an interrogator and all Torn ever will be is a rapist, now he's a good rapist and by that i mean a dead one.
Fictional character or not, this guy needed to die

you want to tell me exactly did we find out that Thorne has raped ANYONE or did it to any human?

i dont get how you folks dont understand that after a few punches and some woody boody water torture and that thing is doing fine and it was needed to be taken to the next level.

he did this for humanity!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users