#2 PrescitedEntity

PrescitedEntity

Minbari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 08:08 PM

Well, it's a whitewash too, isn't it?

Not to mention that it seems to be a jumble of The Farthest Shore and Tehanu. And if Howl's Moving Castle is anything to go by, we might have a disaster on our hands.

#3 chocomeijin

chocomeijin

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:12 PM

Re: Ghibli Movie

I am looking forward to Miyazaki's animated Earthsea. At least it will have some depth, humor, and character development.

SciFi's Earthsea story was of course chopped drastically to fit the time allowed for airing. It was an okay adaptation but necessarily lost a lot of the wonder we were hoping for, relying heavily on some slam-bang special effects. The lead actor did not physically resemble Geb. Not his fault.

Note: If you call HMC a disaster, that means you didn't catch the thematic subtleties about aging and the power of love.

#4 VIPER1

VIPER1

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 05:42 AM

#5 kukuruza

kukuruza

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:55 AM

I am looking forward to Miyazaki's animated Earthsea. At least it will have some depth, humor, and character development.

#6 TravellerfromAfar

TravellerfromAfar

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:37 AM

Well, it's a whitewash too, isn't it?

Not to mention that it seems to be a jumble of The Farthest Shore and Tehanu. And if Howl's Moving Castle is anything to go by, we might have a disaster on our hands.

Ah I saw that it was alright. I'm a humonguos fan of the original books, but whenever you go to see a movie you do realise that the producer has only so much time and funding to recreate it - also a lot of the experience you get from a book is impossible to recreate on screen. I was reasonably satisfied with it, keeping that in mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users