• Please log in to reply
716 replies to this topic

#701 JediMasterJoy

JediMasterJoy

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:02 PM

My computer has a voice program called Jaws. Yes, that's what I said; Jaws. He's a good shark though.
Don't worry, he just eats letters, words, sentences, etc.

<_<

Jaws only reads text. To scroll up or down a page, I use the up and down arrow keys, , and left, right, up and down arrow keys for reading text. Scrolling down pages is quite a chore here on Syfy, because of all of those links at the top of each page, so I scroll up instead. It takes me a while to locate and read things, but I manage just fine.

Glaucoma took my sight when I was a teenager. I understand about colors, because I have seen them before. Thanks for the helpful description of going through the stargate.
Though I am without sight, I am not without vision.

#702 Migmo68

Migmo68

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:14 AM

Gday all

#703 McSheppard

McSheppard

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:08 PM

My computer has a voice program called Jaws. Yes, that's what I said; Jaws. He's a good shark though.
Don't worry, he just eats letters, words, sentences, etc.

<_<

Jaws only reads text. To scroll up or down a page, I use the up and down arrow keys, , and left, right, up and down arrow keys for reading text. Scrolling down pages is quite a chore here on Syfy, because of all of those links at the top of each page, so I scroll up instead. It takes me a while to locate and read things, but I manage just fine.

Glaucoma took my sight when I was a teenager. I understand about colors, because I have seen them before. Thanks for the helpful description of going through the stargate.

Yes, the Stargate on SG-1 is a dark gray ring about 10-15 feet in diameter. The "kawoosh" is what it would look like if you were underwater looking up and somebody threw in a spinning object, with air bubbles and all being dragged in (I think that's how they did it in the original movie) - sort of like an inside out whirlpool shooting out from the ring for several feet and then receding. The open wormhole looks like the opaque ripply surface of a swimming pool, except that it is much bluer and has bright light coming out of it. There have been different visual effects for going through the gate, but usually it looks like falling very fast into a winding funnel of light. It sort of gives me the impression of riding an extremely fast roller coaster inside a bright blue tunnel.

I'm curious, JMJ: do you just listen to the audio of the episodes you watch or do you have some means of getting more information?

GateFans - Independent and uncensored sci-fi talk.

#704 miles11we

miles11we

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:01 AM

...you make me feel like dancing....dance the night away
Support our Stargate Universe, Atlantis, SG-1, Farscape, Star trek, and Battlestar shirts!
----POPFUNK----

#705 Athor77

Athor77

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:04 PM

Hello all, Another stargate SG1 & Atlantis fan here <_<

#706 DutyCalls

DutyCalls

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:58 PM

Hi Guys, Short-time 'lurker' here.
Haven't been on the Forum long... Lurve Stargate, = could watch the repeats of SG1 till the cows come home and not get bored... Am just stopping by SG1 while I work my way around the Boards. Just said 'Hi' on SGA but can't always get to watch those eps as I never can catch them (even the repeats) -. Hope I can fill in the gaps and catch up with all the chat on here though !

x
:) DC

"Let me assure this House that her Majesty's Government has never been approached by people from outer space..." ( - 1979 Government briefing for the House of Lords)

... are you out of your Vulcan mind ?

#707 TDAllonsy

TDAllonsy

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:37 AM

Just joined the forums, but I'm far from being new to the Stargate fandom.

I am currently on a mass Stargate marathon, rewatching ALL of the Stargate episodes (SG1/SGA/SGU) in order; currently almost done with season 10 of SG1 and 3 of Atlantis. Marathon has re-awakened my love for Daniel Jackson in, oh , so many ways!
~ Anastasia

@TDAllonsy

My Tumblr
Stargate Group on GoodReads: The GateRoom

#708 coolj0098

coolj0098

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:21 PM

I haven't been an active participant in this forum for quite a while, so I think it would only be proper that I reintroduce myself. This brief introduction was written for another forum and as such tailors to the members of that forum, but one could still glean information from this intro.

I have been wandering these cyber halls for far too long reading and learning all I can about writing/publishing in the SF world. I ,like all of you, fancy myself a bit of a creative genius and just like all of you know ,with the certainty of an insane man, that I will undoubtedly become recognized, for my sheer brilliance of the written word, and become published. After having my first novel become a NY times best seller i will become super rich and help Fillion bring firefly back
Although I know this all to become true, now I must suffer the unforgiving torture of time so for now I wait, but not idly, as we speak I have millions of ideas and even a few stories started. As it turns out I come to this forum in need of help, not with an idea but with the formation of memories

I'm looking for,as i mentioned, early childhood experiences that you would think most Americans share. I want this to not be a story of one man but though his memoir he would be the embodiment of his generation, the ppl becoming adults today 17-20, so if you could come up with some experiences that would be great. also, if you have any tips they would be much appreciated also.

@JamesTBrazil  :ph34r:

unleashthefanboy.com

#709 Xanni19

Xanni19

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:58 PM

Just joined yesterday. :]

Posted Image
"Everybody wants me to be a leader, until I make a decision they don't like."

#710 Xanni19

Xanni19

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

Oops, double post.

Posted Image
"Everybody wants me to be a leader, until I make a decision they don't like."

#711 Incursus

Incursus

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:16 AM

Hello all! Just finished watching Stargate SG-1 from start to finish on Netflix. Love it :-)

Kittens give Morbo gas.

Posted Image

#712 Coercri

Coercri

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm a huge SG-1 and Atlantis fan, have been since the first movie came out back in 94. I currently own the complete DVD collections of both series, pluse all three movies and never get tired of watching them. What I love is that there is an extented version of "Threads" which is one of my favorite episodes, plus alot of great extra features.

I'm very happy to have found a forum where I can communicate with other fans of this fantastic story. I love the shows' premise, the characterizations, and the cast. It's been a wild ride. I am disappointed that the new movies will probably not get made, however. Especailly the Atlantis one. Things were just kind of left hanging when Atlantis ended. At least the SG-1 story lines seemed to have been wrapped up. Ba'al is *supposedly* gone, and the Ori have been dealt with.

I'm not sure what is going on with Universe, I tried getting into it, but it lacked a whole bunch of stuff that I just missed too much from the other two series.

Anyway...hope to get to know you all!
Posted Image
"Ya know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water..."

Jared Kane: Don't you ever give up?
Daniel Jackson: Not til I'm dead...and sometimes not even then."

#713 AliciaHollinger

AliciaHollinger

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:01 AM

Hi, I just discovered Stargate SG-1 in 2008, after it was already out of production and in re-runs. I first came upon it by accident, clicking through stations and came upon an early episode where a young Michael Shanks looked like a dead-ringer of an old boyfriend of mine and I watched for a few minutes to check if it possibly could be my old boyfriend, (I live in L.A., everyone's an actor here,) realized it definitely wasn't, even though their voices are even similar, strange--but fell in love with the show, especially the quirky sense of humor so many of the episodes have and OK, maybe a little bit Michael Shanks too... Then last year at Comic-Con, I was fortunate enough to meet, interview, and hang out at a party with the amazingly funny writer Damian Kindler (Producer of "Sanctuary" now), producer Robert Cooper and the wonderfully charming Amanda Tapping. At some point I will post YouTube videos and podcasts of the interviews if anyone's interested. I also have some photos of Amanda Tapping.

Also, if anyone is interested I'm launching what's called a transmedia project--combining my digital art with story-telling in a blog format. It's a sci-fi Hollywood satire and will eventually get into things like quantum physics and wormholes. (http://www.QuantumPartyGirls.com) The equation I have in my artwork is for the Einstein-Rosen Bridge--a wormhole. Yes, I'm secretly a bit of a geek LOL...

I've been catching up on the whole Stargate SG-1 series for the past three years, DVR-ing all the episodes, but watching out of sequence so it's been kinda like that movie "Memento," trying to figure it all out, but by now I think I've seen 90% of the episodes--but I've never seen the one where Daniel dies--strange. Does anyone know what the title of that episode is? Maybe it's already in my DVR...

Favorite moment--when Tealc is stuck in the theater watching the Vagina Monologues. Hysterical. I LOVE that the show never took itself too seriously! Also I think I fell in love with Vancouverians (is that a word?) after meeting so many of them at Comic-Con. The Canadian talent from the SyFy Channel shows are all such amazing people!

Best,

:) Alicia

Posted Image

Digital Art by Alicia Hollinger: www.WonderlandArt.biz
QUANTUM PARTY GIRLS, a sci-fi Hollywood satire by Alicia Hollinger: www.QuantumPartyGirls.com
Posted Image

#714 mrsriversong

mrsriversong

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

Hi all, I'm new to SG-1 having only seen a handful of episodes, in random order, so I'm starting the whole lot from the beginning. I guess what's made me decide to do this is because of my love for Sanctuary and Amanda Tapping in general. So here's to the whole 10 seasons ( plus movies) *raises glass*
Posted Image

#715 JJupiter

JJupiter

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

I stumbled onto Stargate SG-1going through TV channels and happily so. I've been a Star Trek fan for ages, but I was delighted to find a show that was as good, and also had its own universe (literally). I watched the episodes as it was being broadcast. Sometime in the near future I hope to pick up any dvds or blu ray editions. Loved the show.

#716 mixavsim

mixavsim

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hello from Russia!
This is one of the best television series!
The series raises questions about the politics of our countries and of humanity, and of the human race in general.

#717 DoXeV

DoXeV

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:21 AM

Aloha!My name is Ivaylo and I'm from Bulgaria.Stargate is a great tv show.I really like the humor,especally of O'Neill( with double L Posted Image)
My english is not very good,but I hope we will understand each other Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users