14 replies to this topic

#1 TOMSPY77

TOMSPY77

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:56 AM

I just listened to the whole thing at once....

Who else is tired of Dalek VS Dalek storys? I thought it was not that great, even for a Dalek tale.
The new companion is like a Bitchy Rose Tyler... biggrin.gif

#2 TOMSPY77

TOMSPY77

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (BlueBox @ Jan 15 2007, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then why the F*** did you insist on listening to the whole thing? idiot.

I listened to it and liked bits of it but it was my choice to continue listening to it....

Why do you insist on name calling??

I listened to the entire thing to write a review of it. If I did not listen to it all of it, I would have not been a very good judge of the story no matter what I thought of its overall content.
You know, I don't mind honest comments and evreything you said would have been fine with me without the use of the word 'idiot'. Unless you are ref Kinda, as I can talk, then that was very out of place.
Not to mention I would have misssed the the ongoing parts of the entire run with Lucie and the Timelords, as well as this Headhunter....

Like I said, I don't get into petty arguments on message boards, and from what I know of you you seem to have a good head, as much as it deviates into rants of name calling and such. I don't fully think you are 'anti-American' as others have suggested, but please refrain from addressing me as an idiot or any other such monkiers, thank you.
If you respond in a similar vein, I will not respond, so save your energy if that is your intent.
Have a nice day... smile.gif

#3 TARDISgeek

TARDISgeek

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:48 AM

BlueBox must be off his meds, I guess. It happens to the best of us.
They may shoot me dead, but the moral high ground is mine!

#4 MortisorLP

MortisorLP

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (TARDISgeek @ Jan 15 2007, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BlueBox must be off his meds, I guess. It happens to the best of us.

Twas a tad bit OTT.
"No, Mr Terrall, I am not a student of human nature. I am a professor of a much wider academy, of which the human being is merely a part... All forms of life interest me."
2nd Doctor - Evil of the Daleks Target Novelisation, p 182

Posted Image

#5 Calibanz

Calibanz

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (MortisorLP @ Jan 15 2007, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Twas a tad bit OTT.

Blue, please stop biting the Cousins. I don't think we'd mind, except that almost every time you pop up these days it's to take a shot at someone - and even those of us who are ready to defend you are getting a very one-sided picture of you.

Tom's reply clearly shows that he's not an idiot and that he's actually got more respect for you - bless him - than you earned by that little sally. Rough'n'tumble can be fine, but you're setting your own rules here and it's obscuring the best of you. sad.gif

OK, preach-mode off. wink.gif Now perhaps can you tell us more of what you thought of 'Blood Of The Daleks'?

#6 TOMSPY77

TOMSPY77

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:45 PM

Thanks C..but did not want to make it an issue, BB has the right to his opinons, just was wondering what others thought of 'Blood' and the new radio series. I have not a bit of hatred for anyone, its the easier way to do things, and its easy on my blood pressure too! laugh.gif

#7 who10

who10

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (BlueBox @ Jan 15 2007, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then why the F*** did you insist on listening to the whole thing? idiot.

I listened to it and liked bits of it but it was my choice to continue listening to it....

Easy now Blue Box..... I for the most part enjoy reading the posts on here.. In the past you have had a great deal of info to put out on this forum.. No more bashing OK... We whovians are better then this, I to have been baited into heated posts on here in the past.. Now I just take the good with the bad.... Lets all play nice....lol...Enjoy the shows..

#8 TOMSPY77

TOMSPY77

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:47 PM

O.k. Please back to the topic?

So who else heard the play?
What did you think of Lucie?
What did you think of the story for this one, and who or what do you think the 'Headhunter' will be?
(I have not listened to part one of Glam Rock yet, but spoil away!)

#9 BlueBox

BlueBox

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (TOMSPY77 @ Jan 15 2007, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
O.k. Please back to the topic?

So who else heard the play?
What did you think of Lucie?
What did you think of the story for this one, and who or what do you think the 'Headhunter' will be?
(I have not listened to part one of Glam Rock yet, but spoil away!)

Okay Tomspy77 - my apologies for calling you an idiot - must be the jet lag from London or frustration about reading that you didn't like the episode yet continued to listen to it.

No idea who the "headhunter" will be - but obviously, she'll be a recurring a baddie - at first I thought she might be an alien baddie who is after her to get some info in the Time Lords. Interesting that the audio dramas seem to be painting the TLs to be even craftier and darker than they were in the TV series.

I heard the Horror of Glam Rock (and there is only 1 part to it) - I didn't really care for that one. There were some interesting points and moments, but not enough to say its good.

But I will say, I am looking forward to hearing "IMMORTAL BELOVED" .

BTW, what did you think about the characters commenting on the 8th Doctors outfit and hairdo? I thought it was quite "realistic". I mean we never saw that kind of reality with, say Doctor 6 or 5.....

#10 TOMSPY77

TOMSPY77

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (BlueBox @ Jan 15 2007, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay Tomspy77 - my apologies for calling you an idiot - must be the jet lag from London or frustration about reading that you didn't like the episode yet continued to listen to it.

No idea who the "headhunter" will be - but obviously, she'll be a recurring a baddie - at first I thought she might be an alien baddie who is after her to get some info in the Time Lords. Interesting that the audio dramas seem to be painting the TLs to be even craftier and darker than they were in the TV series.

I heard the Horror of Glam Rock (and there is only 1 part to it) - I didn't really care for that one. There were some interesting points and moments, but not enough to say its good.

But I will say, I am looking forward to hearing "IMMORTAL BELOVED" .

BTW, what did you think about the characters commenting on the 8th Doctors outfit and hairdo? I thought it was quite "realistic". I mean we never saw that kind of reality with, say Doctor 6 or 5.....

I liked the fact that she mentioned the outfit and hair a great deal. It was also a nice throwback to the eras where the Doctor wore clothes of a more Victorian design, and was always so out of fashion, standing out like a sore thumb. Although as you say, no one ever really mentions it to him.
Lucie seems a great idea for a companion, and I love the idea of a continued storyline throughout the run, as it makes you want to listen even harder for clues and hopefully will make a good running theme.

I am most intrigued by this Headhunter as she seems to pick up a contempoary telephone at the end of Blood of the Daleks.

And aplogies acccepted of course, I hold no malice either way, thanks for the chance to make it right, very nice of you and shows a lot of class that I knew you had, as did evreyone else. smile.gif

Also, thanks, I thought Glam Rock was a two parter so I'm off to hear that now...

#11 Calibanz

Calibanz

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (TOMSPY77 @ Jan 15 2007, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks C..but did not want to make it an issue, BB has the right to his opinons, just was wondering what others thought of 'Blood' and the new radio series. I have not a bit of hatred for anyone, its the easier way to do things, and its easy on my blood pressure too! laugh.gif

Nice one. I try to aspire to that position too - I don't always succeed, but most of the time I triumph over my bad side.

To get back on topic...

I always manage to miss the broadcast episodes (and lack the patience to pursue them online) but will probably catch up by buying the CDs.

Re the over-use of Dalek stories - well, the old shouty-pots are commercial gold most of the time and even more so these days, so you can't be surprised that BF and BBC7 lead off with them to get the audience in. As long as the stories are interesting.... personally I'd like to hear a bit more of the civil war between the Imperial Daleks and the Renegade Daleks (or whatever the factions were in 'Remembrance...' - one set of Daleks were deviating from Dalek purity and I would like to see just how far they took it and where it led them.)

Didn't Steve Lyons previously write the Dalek audio 'Apocalypse Element' (or '... Elephant', as people seem to like calling it?). In 'Blood...' were there any hints at the Time War brewing?

#12 4thDoctorWhoFan

4thDoctorWhoFan

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (Calibanz @ Jan 15 2007, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
even those of us who are ready to defend you are getting a very one-sided picture of you.

Why when he goes on a rant would you want to defend him?

Blue is a big boy and I'm sure he can defend himself.
Posted Image

#13 Calibanz

Calibanz

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (BlueBox @ Jan 15 2007, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Away from the telly stories, some writers used to have a field day with the 6th Doctor's taste in clothing.

I remember one book in which a minor character described him as "the man dressed as the testcard..." laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#14 Calibanz

Calibanz

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (4thDoctorWhoFan @ Jan 15 2007, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why when he goes on a rant would you want to defend him?

Blue is a big boy and I'm sure he can defend himself.

It's about perspective.

I've no worries about Blue being able to defend himself... but some of us prefer it when he's posting in a more fully-rounded manner, as he is in this thread at the moment (cheers, Blue). I "get" Blue's often abrasive manner: I'm not sure that many others do (and newbies almost certainly won't).

I guess I'm just one of those boring gits who likes to see an actual conversation happening rather than a bunch of posters yelling, stomping, whining, needling and huffing. smile.gif Not that a little of each of those activities doesn't add a bit of spice to the board sometimes - just not all the bloody time! laugh.gif

#15 TOMSPY77

TOMSPY77

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:54 PM

In 'Blood...' were there any hints at the Time War brewing?

Well, the Daleks were in a war that had left them kinda stretched thin and depleted, the ship had no missles left and was damaged, and for some reason Lucie was safer with the Doctor then on Galifrey...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users