33 replies to this topic

#1 Dione

Dione

Slan

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,674 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:40 PM

Anyone have any type of fanfiction written for BSG?

Or for that matter, anyone read the comics, interested to know if they follow the show's continuity. I would like to hear more about Tom Zarek, but especially about Boomer.
Posted Image
May the stars carry your sadness away, May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, May hope forever wipe away your tears, And, above all, may silence make you strong.

#2 BeyondInsane82

BeyondInsane82

Ascended

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,067 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Dione @ Mar 15 2007, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or for that matter, anyone read the comics, interested to know if they follow the show's continuity. I would like to hear more about Tom Zarek, but especially about Boomer.

I write fan fiction, mostly of the shipper variety. Although I've been looking for a muse for a more serious post season 3 plotline, and I think Tom Zarek would be good.
Posted Image

MINDF*CK! MY PHOTOBUCKET IS BROKEN SO I BORROWED THE FIRST SIGNATURE I SAW. LOL.

#3 ProperNoun

ProperNoun

Psychohistorian

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,851 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:49 PM

Yeah. I'm looking for good fanfiction as well. I'd even read shippy chapters if it's not too pink and frilly.

Posted Image

#4 mamaboo2

mamaboo2

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 01:09 PM

There's a lot of BSG fanfiction over at Live Journal. Many people, but certainly not all, post at

BSG 2003 Fics' Journal

Posted Image
Sig by Katee from a photo by Jordan Junck
Join BSG Cast Members in supporting Caleb's Hope

#5 SteveoUK

SteveoUK

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 01:14 PM

Why doesn't someone write some interactive fan fiction. That might be fun.

See http://www.inform-fi...7/Inform 7.html

#6 SamStarEagle

SamStarEagle

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 01:32 PM

I've been working on one for a while, and have several ideas lined up for ones that could be pretty fun.

#7 hprevan2

hprevan2

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 01:45 PM

I suppose I'll fess up. I've written one and am finishing up a second. I find fan fiction to be a good exercise for my own projects. The first one I wrote from having read spoilers when the show was on in the UK, but not here yet, its completely AU. The second is a prequel. Both deal with my outrage that no Jolly character exists in the show. They can be found here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/616485/

http://www.battlesta...ral.com/forums/ is also a pretty good place to get some good stories. I recommend SonOfTed's The Pathfinder Project.
Despite all appearances to the contrary, bears are not cuddly and do not respond well to hugs. This goes for pretty much all varieties of the species found in nature including the Koala.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/616485/] My crappy fan fiction

#8 Rowanofaltair

Rowanofaltair

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 476 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:31 AM

My personal fav is Crystal Wimmer. She's written a lot of BSG fan fic although I can't find anything recent by her.

http://bsg03fanfic.f...er_crystal.html

Great site for fan fic
http://bsg03fanfic.ffhost.net/

There is also this site that supports BSG fan fiction this page is there nomination page for the best there was in 2005

http://www.daydreamsawards.tk/
''If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.''- The Dalai Lama

Posted Image

#9 CountessBaltar

CountessBaltar

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:00 AM

Yes...but the stuff I did is probably not what you're looking for. I did some based on the old series as it was abandoned and left stranded in the cold of space. I have no idea how I would categorize the thing I'm doing now. "Attack of the old show?" "How much mileage can I get out of the naked-women-on-baseships joke?" "Why don't the Centurions speak?"

Anyway, there's a whole bunch of fanfiction at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/

They have categories for both old and new BSG.
Posted Image

#10 PizzaTheHutt

PizzaTheHutt

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE (SteveoUK @ Mar 15 2007, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why doesn't someone write some interactive fan fiction. That might be fun.

See http://www.inform-fi...7/Inform 7.html

I'm game, but it might take me a while. smile.gif

#11 mvsimo

mvsimo

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:31 AM

Here is what I've been working on I eventually want to do some animations with it.

Battle Defender Carpathia
Posted Image

#12 LadyLucilla

LadyLucilla

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:32 PM

There's a lot of fanfiction on LiveJournal.com
The_Wireless community there has a listing of fanfics from various authors that is updated several times a week.

And the Info page for Battlestar_Blog has a list of all the various BSG communities on LiveJournal, and many of them have fic, especially in the various shipper communities.

I've read the first 2 issues of the Zarek comic book, and it's quite good so far (there are 2 more issues to come). It was written quite a while ago, before 'The Woman King' was aired, so its depiction of the Sagittarons doesn't quite match what we see in that episode.
The backstory they have for Zarek is very interesting, and thus far has shown him as a child, how he became a revolutionary and what drove him to blow up a building.

#13 Baron_von_Richoven

Baron_von_Richoven

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 01:43 AM

I started a story about Admiral Cain from the time of the attacks to just as they meat up with Galactica. But I never finished it. Just didn't have time. Maybe I'll tinker with it some over spring break.

Columbia is gone! Oh my Gods, Columbia is gone!

Posted Image

#14 NightOwl40

NightOwl40

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:12 AM

Considering the amout of fan fiction being written by the fans of the show, you'd think RDM,DE and company would actually finally get around to having a faithful adaptaion of the series story written. There are a lot of readers who don't really watch that much TV(BSG is about the only show I really watch) who would love the story but have never heard of it. Doing the books would also make it easier to introduce this series to this wider audience......especially to those who don't have the money for the DVD sets or I-pod downloads.

I did write a treatment of the final scene of Ep. 317. To see it, click on the link in my signature.
Posted Image
siggy by miholo of The Daily Kos
In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and Right-Wing bigotry........

Private insurance companies only profit from denying health care, killing 20,000 Americans a year. A real public option ENDS the rationing of health care.

Our Ailing Healthcare: an A-Z guide on how our healthcare system works.....and doesn't This film was made by a physician, BTW. Click on "Chapters" to view.

Battlestar Galactica Series Novelization: Do you want more of the story?????

#15 IsntDaveOne

IsntDaveOne

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:16 AM

i once made a thread where i listed all the places where you can get/read BSG fanfic!

i'll bump it for you.
Posted Image

#16 ProgGrrl

ProgGrrl

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,316 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 03:00 AM

The K/L shippers and I have been collecting a del.icio.us cloud of K/L/S/D stuff, if anyone is interested you can access it in the link embedded in my signature below. (includes both fics & vids) Some of the links will lead to communities where you can find much, much more fanfic.

#17 warhammerdriver

warhammerdriver

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:00 PM

Mine is available here http://www.rustaz.co...8146#post198146

It should be noted that it was written during season 1. Probably should be majorly re-written.
Posted Image

#18 PizzaTheHutt

PizzaTheHutt

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (Pizza The Hutt @ Mar 16 2007, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm game, but it might take me a while. smile.gif

Make that a long while. wink.gif

That Inform 7 program is awesome though. I can set up the basics easily enough. Getting a story in place and making all the characters walk around and do things is a little more tricky. I've read most of the instructions, but forgotten about half of what I've read, lol. I don't know if any "maps" of the Galactica exist, but they would come in handy if they do.

#19 HowardSternite

HowardSternite

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:44 AM

not going to happen

#20 Meissa

Meissa

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,812 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:47 AM

There are/were a lot of fanfics posted in the Starbuck and Lee shipper thread and I think some in the A/R shipper thread too. Or I should say links to fanfic...

Posted Image

thanks to Katee for my awesome banner

You are a shining beacon of hope, only hope is the last thing we need ~ Romo Lampkin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users