Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

POLL: Who is the 5th and Final Cylon?

• Please log in to reply
622 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is the 5th and Final Cylon? (507 member(s) have cast votes)

Choose your prime suspect from the list below.

1. Adama (26 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

2. Apollo (26 votes [5.13%])

3. Baltar (26 votes [5.13%])

4. Cally (2 votes [0.39%])

Percentage of vote: 0.39%

5. Cat (2 votes [0.39%])

Percentage of vote: 0.39%

6. Doc Cottle (18 votes [3.55%])

Percentage of vote: 3.55%

7. Dualla (71 votes [14.00%])

Percentage of vote: 14.00%

8. Ellen Tigh (24 votes [4.73%])

Percentage of vote: 4.73%

9. Gaeta (39 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

10. Helena Cain (42 votes [8.28%])

Percentage of vote: 8.28%

11. Helo (10 votes [1.97%])

Percentage of vote: 1.97%

12. Hera Agathon (3 votes [0.59%])

Percentage of vote: 0.59%

13. Nicholas Tyrol (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

14. Racetrack (5 votes [0.99%])

Percentage of vote: 0.99%

15. Romo Lampkin (31 votes [6.11%])

Percentage of vote: 6.11%

16. Roslin (51 votes [10.06%])

Percentage of vote: 10.06%

17. Seelix (4 votes [0.79%])

Percentage of vote: 0.79%

18. Starbuck (86 votes [16.96%])

Percentage of vote: 16.96%

19. Tom Zarek (41 votes [8.09%])

Percentage of vote: 8.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#461 Decretiel

Decretiel

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (Solesius @ Jan 10 2008, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RDM only CHOOSE the final 5 cylons at the end or during season 3. So you cant conclude who the final cylon is by watching season 1. Simply because even he didnt know who they would turn out to be at that time. He has even said that in past in interviews.
Greetings,

Solesius

RDM and others have said they had the final cylon in mind writing of the first season. It has to be someone in Season 1.

Gaeta - its possible, but he has been used a red herring for the Cylon 7 and doubt they would use him. *spoilers* From what I have seen from season 4 previews the final four are going around doing various things, there is that one battle scene where they all are in the CSC, but if you see Gaeta he is just sitting doing his 'normal job'. I have also read some of the various info around the net and as RDM has said the audience wont even know who the 5th is until the 2nd half or later of the season.

The question is for any character what quality story can be had by the final cylon. Both Gaeta and Dualla are not interesting enough characters (in the grand scheme of the series) to be the Final cylon. I cant imagine what they have done that would make me go...oh thats cool/interesting with them as the final cylon.

Of the people who fit interesting, and in the first season that could be it I would say would be...

Bill Adama - fits, shocking, but probably too expected, plus i have a feeling he will be 'going down' with BSG sometime before the end
Lee Adama - fits, shocking, probably the 'effective' final cylon (if the final cylon is good), he fits with just about everything said (execpt for the 1 picture at the table which I think is meant to screw with us and to be taken with a grain of salt), he is the one person that is involved with EVERY main and almost every secondary character on the show.

Tom Zarrack - *spoilers* he is slated to come on in the 2nd half of the show which if you read above know thats when its supposed to be revealed, but thats also when the president dies, so he would also come back as the main president, so it works both ways* and I wouldnt put it past RDM to have had 'apollo' from the last series to be the final cylon, but i cant see them choosing him simply because of lack of screen time, sure he isnt that one picture, but I dont believe the final cylon isnt in that picture. if anything be guaranteed they ARE.

Baltar - fits with just about everything especially in first season, however plenty of cases why he wouldnt be (his quest to find out if he was), but he is visited by the 'angel of god' so anythings possible

Head Six/Head Baltar - remote possibility that the final cylon is the angel of god. if its true, from what i have read on the forums and else where i would be the only one to have guessed that, which may be RDM style.

#462 frakkintoasterluuva

frakkintoasterluuva

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (Kaplan @ Jan 10 2008, 04:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Granted, he's not trustworthy, but when has Leoben lied?

Um, Flesh and Bone - a bomb hidden in the fleet?

New Caprica - Kacey is Kara and Leoben's daughter, created from the ovary the Cylons took from her on the farm? rolleyes.gif
You may abuse a tragedy, though you cannot write one. You may scold a carpenter who has made you a bad table, though you cannot make a table. It is not your trade to make tables.
- Samuel Johnson

Posted Image
Posted Image

The Triangle-From-Hell banner courtesy of Daria from ATS (Anti-Triangle Ship) from http://www.lost-forum.com

#463 CoMa7oSe

CoMa7oSe

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (Decretiel @ Jan 10 2008, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RDM and others have said they had the final cylon in mind writing of the first season. It has to be someone in Season 1.

Gaeta - its possible, but he has been used a red herring for the Cylon 7 and doubt they would use him. *spoilers* From what I have seen from season 4 previews the final four are going around doing various things, there is that one battle scene where they all are in the CSC, but if you see Gaeta he is just sitting doing his 'normal job'. I have also read some of the various info around the net and as RDM has said the audience wont even know who the 5th is until the 2nd half or later of the season.

The question is for any character what quality story can be had by the final cylon. Both Gaeta and Dualla are not interesting enough characters (in the grand scheme of the series) to be the Final cylon. I cant imagine what they have done that would make me go...oh thats cool/interesting with them as

Dude, 1: PUT SPOILERS LIKE THAT IN WHITE PRINT!!!
2: Gaeta has mre or less been completely in charge of where the fleetr actually goes, he did all the calculations and determined destinations all through at least season 3
Posted Image
Posted Image

#464 Decretiel

Decretiel

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (CoMa7oSe @ Jan 10 2008, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, 1: PUT SPOILERS LIKE THAT IN WHITE PRINT!!!
2: Gaeta has mre or less been completely in charge of where the fleetr actually goes, he did all the calculations and determined destinations all through at least season 3

i just got back from burger king and was like...i forgot to change the text colors!!!

sorry!!

#465 MHall

MHall

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,826 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Decretiel @ Jan 11 2008, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But...

[MAJOR SPOILER]The next Cylon to be revealed is not the Final Cylon. At least one "Cylon" is not a Cylon.[/MAJOR SPOILER]

So, again, I would need a quote to be sure, but it seems like Hera would fit what you said. Hera existed as an idea right from the start of season 1, and existed in fetal form from at least... just a sec, search: "beans"... Hand of God.

#466 0b51d1an

0b51d1an

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:23 PM

*sigh* I give up trying to use facts.

I wish I could be there to give you all "the elbow" when it happens.

#467 CoMa7oSe

CoMa7oSe

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (MHall @ Jan 10 2008, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But...

[MAJOR SPOILER]The next Cylon to be revealed is not the Final Cylon. At least one "Cylon" is not a Cylon.[/MAJOR SPOILER]

So, again, I would need a quote to be sure, but it seems like Hera would fit what you said. Hera existed as an idea right from the start of season 1, and existed in fetal form from at least... just a sec, search: "beans"... Hand of God.

not really, I remember reading something about 'I'm pregnant' being sort of a spur of the moment writing stunt
Posted Image
Posted Image

#468 Trinity15

Trinity15

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,920 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (MHall @ Jan 11 2008, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But...

where have you read that? blink.gif

#469 0b51d1an

0b51d1an

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:25 PM

Oh for crying out loud people! It can't be Hera or Roslin. Both of them were looking at the Final Five in the Opera House.

You're falling for RDMs red herrings, plus making up your own. The answer is much simpler than you think.

#470 thatguy2001

thatguy2001

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

I'm with you Kaplan. I'm sick of people thinking it's Hera or Roslin or even that Romo guy who was in a couple of episodes and all of a sudden everyone thinks he is a major character. WHat's up with that!

What I found interesting with that whole dream sequence in the Opera House is why did the Final Five shy away from Baltar, Six and Hera by appearing elsewhere to where they usually are. Do they want nothing to do with Hera, or Six or Baltar or all of them?

#471 frakkintoasterluuva

frakkintoasterluuva

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (Thatguy2001 @ Jan 10 2008, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm with you Kaplan. I'm sick of people thinking it's Hera or Roslin or even that Romo guy who was in a couple of episodes and all of a sudden everyone thinks he is a major character. WHat's up with that!

What I found interesting with that whole dream sequence in the Opera House is why did the Final Five shy away from Baltar, Six and Hera by appearing elsewhere to where they usually are. Do they want nothing to do with Hera, or Six or Baltar or all of them?

Well, I'm not sure that we know where they usually are (it's not like we've seen anyone else see them in the Opera House)...

I never thought they were shying away... it never crossed my mind before I read your post. In any case, Six and Baltar expected to see them on stage, but the Five were on the balcony instead - instead of performers being watched, they were the audience watching Baltar, Six and Hera. I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean, but I hope it was meant to mean something. Why did Baltar and Six look so terrified?
You may abuse a tragedy, though you cannot write one. You may scold a carpenter who has made you a bad table, though you cannot make a table. It is not your trade to make tables.
- Samuel Johnson

Posted Image
Posted Image

The Triangle-From-Hell banner courtesy of Daria from ATS (Anti-Triangle Ship) from http://www.lost-forum.com

#472 thatguy2001

thatguy2001

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:35 PM

Also, if Lee is supposedly the final cylon then that would mean that the final 5 are actually human since he boarded the basestar which had the infected beacon on it and was not infected himself. If he was an actual cylon like the others he would have been infected and gotten sick.

This could explain the whole "the final five cylons are fundamentally different from the others" quote.

#473 frakkintoasterluuva

frakkintoasterluuva

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (Thatguy2001 @ Jan 10 2008, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, if Lee is supposedly the final cylon then that would mean that the final 5 are actually human since he boarded the basestar which had the infected beacon on it and was not infected himself. If he was an actual cylon like the others he would have been infected and gotten sick.

This could explain the whole "the final five cylons are fundamentally different from the others" quote.

blink.gif How are they Cylons then? huh.gif
- Samuel Johnson

Posted Image
Posted Image

#474 thatguy2001

thatguy2001

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:11 PM

it's possible but unlikely the final five are actually just clones created by the cylons and not built and programmed or hardwired like the other 7 and ultimately considered failed experiments. It is for this reason they would have been able to turn on their creator and join the other humans. This would also explain why the other 7 are not able to tell who the other 5 are.

Or simply Lee is not a Cylon and the final cylon was not one of those people who boarded the infected basestar.

I maybe wrong, but if the skinjobs we currently know where created in the last 40 years and created from the current colonial gene pool, wouldn't they be immune to the virus that was on the basestar also? If so, then they must have been created either thousands of years ago, or from genes that are thousands of years old or from somwehere else entirely unknown.

Also, where is the cylon homeworld and what the hell does it look like. I'd like to find out.

#475 0b51d1an

0b51d1an

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (frakkintoasterluuva @ Jan 10 2008, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blink.gif How are they Cylons then? huh.gif

RDM has stated they are "fundamentally different"...but he didn't elaborate what he meant. We'll find out in season 4, I'm sure.

#476 frakkintoasterluuva

frakkintoasterluuva

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Kaplan @ Jan 10 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RDM has stated they are "fundamentally different"...but he didn't elaborate what he meant.

Yes, I know, they are different from the 7...

...but, obviously, it doesn't make any sense to say that the Final Five Cylons are fundamentally different from the other Cylons by not being Cylons at all. blink.gif
- Samuel Johnson

Posted Image
Posted Image

#477 elfdream

elfdream

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 594 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:48 PM

I've decided its not Lee but whoever it is that associates with Lee in Season 4. I'm not going into detail about it because I've already started a whole thread on it. For right now I'm going with Zarek but it could be any number of people. This revolves around how the writers have structured the story so far. The short version is each of the main players has a personal cylon (and even the ship has one!) except for Lee. IF the writers keep up with this pattern I would pay close attention to whoever is seen hanging out with Lee on a regular basis.

Unless of course Lee IS the cylon. Then that changes everything. wink.gif

#478 0b51d1an

0b51d1an

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Kaplan @ Jan 10 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RDM has stated they are "fundamentally different"...but he didn't elaborate what he meant. We'll find out in season 4, I'm sure.

Let me elaborate on what I said....

My belief is they play into the whole "all this has happened before, and will happen again" cycle. Somehow, they are "leftovers" from the previous cycle of human/cylon conflict and also play a part in Colonial theology.

Now, let me blow your brains with this:

I've been watching the old series, mostly for nostalgia (yes, I'm old enough to remember seeing it the first time). After watching the episodes with the "ship of lights," etc., I remembered RDM has said that he won't do the "ship of lights" shows like the classic series did (too cheesy?). But I personally believe he has integrated some notions of the classic angelic beings into the new show's Lords of Kobol and the Final Five. The Final Five are (somehow) "good (redeemed?) Cylons" that have (or will?) become angels.

FYI: I don't think Starbuck is a Cylon, but is fulfilling her destiny as "Aurora, goddess of the dawn" -- vaguely echoing the episode from the classic series, "The Long Patrol" where Starbuck is sent on a recon mission in a new, ultra fast Viper. He is presumed dead, but where he is being held captive he finds a map to Earth. Later, he is discovered alive and is able to share his new knowledge with Adama. It happened before, and will happen again.

What about Count Iblis? We won't see him, but the spirit of who he was; charming, powerful, godlike/angelic and yet the evil "Prince of Darkness;" is embodied in Baltar's "Head Six." I don't think it's an accident she is "Number 6," if you understand the Biblical implication. "Head Six" is a bad angel who uses Baltar for her diabolical purposes, and this "bad angel" somehow influenced the creation of the physical Sixes -- much like how Count Iblis influenced the creation of the classic Imperious Leader, even sharing his voice.

Honestly, I hope there are some things the show leaves unanswered or ambiguous when the series comes to a close. Sometimes it's more fun to speculate about the answers instead of having the cards out in the open. smile.gif

#479 CoMa7oSe

CoMa7oSe

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (Kaplan @ Jan 10 2008, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FYI: I don't think Starbuck is a Cylon, but is fulfilling her destiny as "Aurora, goddess of the dawn" -- vaguely echoing the episode from the classic series, "The Long Patrol" where Starbuck is sent on a recon mission in a new, ultra fast Viper. He is presumed dead, but where he is being held captive he finds a map to Earth. Later, he is discovered alive and is able to share his new knowledge with Adama. It happened before, and will happen again.

there is sort of a motif of kara vanishing, being presumed dead, and returning, with something that enables or furthers the plot.

- Cylon Raider
- Arrow of Apollo
- Blackbird
- Self destructive path/closeness with childhood memories/closer relationship to Leoben
- Path to Earth
Posted Image
Posted Image

#480 frakkintoasterluuva

frakkintoasterluuva

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Kaplan @ Jan 10 2008, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about Count Iblis? We won't see him, but the spirit of who he was; charming, powerful, godlike/angelic and yet the evil "Prince of Darkness;" is embodied in Baltar's "Head Six." I don't think it's an accident she is "Number 6," if you understand the Biblical implication. "Head Six" is a bad angel who uses Baltar for her diabolical purposes, and this "bad angel" somehow influenced the creation of the physical Sixes -- much like how Count Iblis influenced the creation of the classic Imperious Leader, even sharing his voice.

Actually, she was named after the main character of "The Prisoner". That's all there is to it.

I don't see any Biblical implication to 6. Unless you mean "666", which is not the same, and which is a really cheap gimmick than has been overused in supernatural horror and everything else way too many times. dry.gif

I also think the show would jump the shark (much as I hate that phrase) if it abandoned the ambiguity and if was declared that it literallly included angels, demons, gods, etc. rolleyes.gif

Finally, Head Six is far more interesting as a creation of Baltar's subconsious mind or a way his mind taps into the 'stream' of collective consciousness, or whatever. As a separate "demon"/"angel" entity, especially as a bad angel as you suggest - simple, cheap and BORING.
- Samuel Johnson

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users