Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

POLL: Who is the 5th and Final Cylon?

• Please log in to reply
622 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is the 5th and Final Cylon? (507 member(s) have cast votes)

Choose your prime suspect from the list below.

1. Adama (26 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

2. Apollo (26 votes [5.13%])

3. Baltar (26 votes [5.13%])

4. Cally (2 votes [0.39%])

Percentage of vote: 0.39%

5. Cat (2 votes [0.39%])

Percentage of vote: 0.39%

6. Doc Cottle (18 votes [3.55%])

Percentage of vote: 3.55%

7. Dualla (71 votes [14.00%])

Percentage of vote: 14.00%

8. Ellen Tigh (24 votes [4.73%])

Percentage of vote: 4.73%

9. Gaeta (39 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

10. Helena Cain (42 votes [8.28%])

Percentage of vote: 8.28%

11. Helo (10 votes [1.97%])

Percentage of vote: 1.97%

12. Hera Agathon (3 votes [0.59%])

Percentage of vote: 0.59%

13. Nicholas Tyrol (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

14. Racetrack (5 votes [0.99%])

Percentage of vote: 0.99%

15. Romo Lampkin (31 votes [6.11%])

Percentage of vote: 6.11%

16. Roslin (51 votes [10.06%])

Percentage of vote: 10.06%

17. Seelix (4 votes [0.79%])

Percentage of vote: 0.79%

18. Starbuck (86 votes [16.96%])

Percentage of vote: 16.96%

19. Tom Zarek (41 votes [8.09%])

Percentage of vote: 8.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#521 kylenin51

kylenin51

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:47 AM

I say it's Starbuck.
Posted Image
July 19th -- TOS-R "Spectre of the Gun"

#522 Comm Traffic

Comm Traffic

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:35 AM

I doubt it's Starbuck.

She was experimented on in Season 2 at the hospital on Caprica. Why would they bother trying to impregenate her if she was a Cylon?

My money is on Dee.

#523 thatguy2001

thatguy2001

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:04 AM

It's Baltar.

Watch the episode where he gets interrogated by Rolsin and Adama again when they use that drug on him and think about what the Hybrid said in Razor (the extended version). Everything fits from being in the shadow, clawing towards the light, howling in terrible suffering. He lets out this huge and strange howl which startles everyone in the room.

Also, as far back as the begining of season 2 and even earlier, whenever he is in trouble, for example when the raptor he's in gets shot down over kobol, he says things like "oh my god" instead of gods. This is just one example of many. Everyone else I have noticed always mentions gods and never say just god.

#524 CoMa7oSe

CoMa7oSe

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (Thatguy2001 @ Jan 15 2008, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's Baltar.

Watch the episode where he gets interrogated by Rolsin and Adama again when they use that drug on him and think about what the Hybrid said in Razor (the extended version). Everything fits from being in the shadow, clawing towards the light, howling in terrible suffering. He lets out this huge and strange howl which startles everyone in the room.

Also, as far back as the begining of season 2 and even earlier, whenever he is in trouble, for example when the raptor he's in gets shot down over kobol, he says things like "oh my god" instead of gods. This is just one example of many. Everyone else I have noticed always mentions gods and never say just god.

thats because of Six's influence.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#525 RazorBSG

RazorBSG

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:58 PM

You know I'm not even going to guess, I don't want it to be Roslin, Baltar, Adama, Lee I just hope its a good twist and something worth getting like oh my gods about really.
Posted Image

Fast as a Viper, Sharpe like a Razor

#526 BillyCylon

BillyCylon

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:01 PM

Hey where is Billy on the list? Deep inside you know it's him.
Billy
BSG and Dr Who Troll

#527 RazorBSG

RazorBSG

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:22 PM

Billy doesn't match up to the redemtion part and what the hybrid said, I know I was sad he died, he was so sweet and nice sad.gif
Posted Image

Fast as a Viper, Sharpe like a Razor

#528 kylenin51

kylenin51

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (Comm Traffic @ Jan 15 2008, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt it's Starbuck. She was experimented on in Season 2 at the hospital on Caprica. Why would they bother trying to impregenate her if she was a Cylon?

Because they didn't know she was a Cylon? Just like they didn't know Tigh was a Cylon when they tortured him.
Posted Image

#529 EnGal

EnGal

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (kylenin51 @ Jan 15 2008, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because they didn't know she was a Cylon? Just like they didn't know Tigh was a Cylon when they tortured him.

What katee shackoff said : " I've been told from day one I'm not a cylon." she explain it here : http://es.youtube.co...h?v=bkYvXmD94e0

So Starbuck is not a cylon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

( Credit to Frakfest for the bomb)

#530 frakkintoasterluuva

frakkintoasterluuva

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Thatguy2001 @ Jan 15 2008, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's Baltar.

Well, let's see...could it be because...he got converted from atheism to the belief in the One God during season 1, or specifically in Six Degrees of Separation? rolleyes.gif

Matt and Nat from BSG Cast said the same thing about the torture scene an the Hybrid's speech. I think it's a very naive explanation. Do you really believe that: 1) the Hybrid's words should be interpreted that literally?! 2) it refers to something that happened in season 3, rather than something that will happen in season 4? 3) the BSG writers would spell it out for us before season 4 even starts?!

To me, it seems like a blatant attempt to make people start wondering "is Baltar a Cylon?" again... they know that a mention of "redemption" etc. would make people go "Oh, it's Baltar!"...Just like Starbuck's return in "Crossroads II" was meant to make people wonder "is Starbuck a Cylon?" and just like the Hybrid's words to Kendra were meant to make people wonder if she'll bring destruction etc. to the human race.People have fallen for all those "Baltar is a Cylon!...Ah.No, he is not" teases many times before ("Downloaded", previews for "Taking A Break From All Your Worries") and they will fall for it again. tongue.gif In the end, it will probably be a supporting character, but not before they've mindfrakked us as much as possible. In any case, I am sure that it won't be any of those two, because making Starbuck a Cylon at this point would suck big time, and making Baltar a Cylon would be the stupidest plot ever, which wouldn't bring absolutely anything to the show, and would take away so much...and ruin practically every storyline his character was ever involved in.
You may abuse a tragedy, though you cannot write one. You may scold a carpenter who has made you a bad table, though you cannot make a table. It is not your trade to make tables.
- Samuel Johnson

Posted Image
Posted Image

The Triangle-From-Hell banner courtesy of Daria from ATS (Anti-Triangle Ship) from http://www.lost-forum.com

#531 Graham

Graham

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:14 PM

Does anyone think about Lee he needs to be redeemed. In resurrection ship part II he projected his own death. Maybe he died and was replaced by a cylon somewhere during the series.

#532 0b51d1an

0b51d1an

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:21 AM

It's Dee, folks. Plain and simple.

Her first name, Anastasia, means "Resurrection." Her last name Dualla could be bastardization Latin for duo/two.

Leoben, though he lies a lot, also speaks the truth a lot. He told Roslin, "Adama is a Cylon." He didn't say which Adama. Dee married Lee which makes her an Adama. Haven't you noticed that the characters haven't been calling her "Lt. Adama" but still call her "Dee?" The writers are trying to misdirect and confuse.

I know...you're thinking, "But the Original Hybird said the final one is in the shadows (meaning, not revealed yet) and would know suffering and would want redemption and Dee doesn't fit the suffering/redemption part." You mean, yet. Season 4 is coming. One of the writers revealed in a Chicago Tribune fan interview that we would see more of Dee's "dark side" in Season 4, and ended his comment with, "'nuff said."

You're also thinking, "But she's not one of the major characters." Nether were Tory, Tyrol and Anders. That's an invalid argument.

Now, about this "fundamentally different Cylons" and "all this has happened before, and will happen again" stuff...

The "Significant Seven" are manufactured Cylons. The Final Five and biological Cylons. How is this possible? Because it's happened before, and it will happen again. Somewhere in the past there was a Human/Cylon hybrid, much like Hera is. He/She passed their Cylon traits genetically down the line until we ended-up with the Final Five. Hera will restart that cycle: She will bear children with combined Human/Cylon genetics and when the cycle comes to fruition again, there will be another Final Five, ad infinitum. Hera is the "shape of things to come." It's happened before, and will happen again.

#533 Archemedes1

Archemedes1

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (Kaplan @ Jan 16 2008, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's Dee, folks. Plain and simple.

Her first name, Anastasia, means "Resurrection." Her last name Dualla could be bastardization Latin for duo/two.

Leoben, though he lies a lot, also speaks the truth a lot. He told Roslin, "Adama is a Cylon." He didn't say which Adama. Dee married Lee which makes her an Adama. Haven't you noticed that the characters haven't been calling her "Lt. Adama" but still call her "Dee?" The writers are trying to misdirect and confuse.

I know...you're thinking, "But the Original Hybird said the final one is in the shadows (meaning, not revealed yet) and would know suffering and would want redemption and Dee doesn't fit the suffering/redemption part." You mean, yet. Season 4 is coming. One of the writers revealed in a Chicago Tribune fan interview that we would see more of Dee's "dark side" in Season 4, and ended his comment with, "'nuff said."

You're also thinking, "But she's not one of the major characters." Nether were Tory, Tyrol and Anders. That's an invalid argument...

Good argument, and I happen to agree. No one else in the cast has the trail of breadcrumbs like Dee does. I would still have been skeptical before Razor, but with the addition of the resurrection naming convention among Cylons tipped the scale over for me. The classic argument against this is that Leobin as a member of the Sig Seven has no knowledge of the final five. However, the Leobin Starbuck encountered showed some very Oracle-like tendencies and had knowledge of Starbuck he could not have known through means other then prophecy. I don't think it's much of a leap to conclude that 'Adama is a Cylon' wasn't a last-minute ploy to cause suspicion in the fleet, but a prophecy to be fulfilled in later seasons. It's convenient for the writers because the interpretation is open ended from the standpoint of season 2. If the writers changed their minds later on, they could simply let the initial interpretation stand and drop the thread with no consequences.

If I may go a bit farther however, I think that the Final Cylon reveal itself might be a bit of a red herring for us all. The fact that the writers are dropping such clues about means that they wish for us to be looking for the final reveal, and not thinking perhaps about other subjects to be revealed in the prestige.
~The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer.

#534 0b51d1an

0b51d1an

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (Archemedes @ Jan 16 2008, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I may go a bit farther however, I think that the Final Cylon reveal itself might be a bit of a red herring for us all. The fact that the writers are dropping such clues about means that they wish for us to be looking for the final reveal, and not thinking perhaps about other subjects to be revealed in the prestige.

I agree. It will be fun to see how they bring it all together -- how it all resolves. The Final Cylon is just one of the many threads that keep us hooked.

#535 kylenin51

kylenin51

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (enGal @ Jan 15 2008, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What katee shackoff said : "I've been told from day one I'm not a cylon." she explain it here : http://es.youtube.co...h?v=bkYvXmD94e0

So Starbuck is not a cylon.

Then why is her name on the poll?
Posted Image

#536 Archemedes1

Archemedes1

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (kylenin51 @ Jan 16 2008, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then why is her name on the poll?

A fair poll should have any character in BSG on it, regardless of evidence. The paranoid, delusional, ignorant, or confused should have their say too.
~The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer.

#537 Kapitalist

Kapitalist

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 438 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (CoMa7oSe @ Jan 14 2008, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Snag has hit a snag: Hera biologically existed before Kendra died.

That's exactly why my theory of Cylon reincarnation involves mutating a fetus, rather than being a process than effects a mother before birth.
El aanigoo ahoote—The truth is out there

#538 CoMa7oSe

CoMa7oSe

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (Kapitalist @ Jan 17 2008, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's exactly why my theory of Cylon reincarnation involves mutating a fetus, rather than being a process than effects a mother before birth.

but why should I care about a theory you make up so your other theory makes sense? Conjecture for conjecture's sake is worthless.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#539 EnGal

EnGal

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:59 PM

The more I think about it, the more I think the last five a very tortured inside.

The hybrid speak of " five lights of the apocalyspe, struggling towards the light" so the final ive are linked to the apocalypse...

We know there are ruin on earth

We know the final five " probably" came from earth

We can see on D'ana sketches a lot of figure screaming and crying...

They have done something terrible... Like destroying the 13th tribe?

Posted Image

Posted Image

( Credit to Frakfest for the bomb)

#540 CoMa7oSe

CoMa7oSe

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:44 PM

I have a theory that having 'head' versions of people the four arguably killed on/in relation to new caprica, or whose death they blamed themselves for, leading each of the final four to the gym room where their true nature is revealed would have been even cooler than all along the watchtower. Tori would be led by Maya, Anders by Duck, Tyrol by Jammer, and Tigh by Ellen.

Anyone who disagrees with this assessment is a fool.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users