• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:59 AM

Gentles,

Let the Children of the Knight come forth and remember Forever Knight
Forever Knight June 25, 2002
EPISODE 3:10 November18, 1995
"Night in Question"

CAST: (Detective Nick Knight)-Geraint Wyn Davies, (Dr. Natalie Lambert)- Catherine Disher, (Lucien LaCroix)-Nigel Bennett, (Javier Vachon)-Ben Bass, (Captain. Joe Reese)-Blu Mankuma, (Tracy Vetter)-Lisa Ryder

GUEST: Melanie Nicholls-King (Dr. Turner) Micheal Ricupero (Detective Maurer) Don Dickenson (Detective Dunneback)

WRITER: Gary Stephen Riect, DIRECTOR: Nicholas J. Gray

A bullet wound to the head lands Nick in the emergency room, where with no pulse, no heart rate, and no brain activity, he is declared dead. Fast action by Natalie and LaCroix, brings Nick back to life. While his physical wounds are healing, his mind is another matter--he has amnesia, and therefore no memories of who he is or what he is. Both Natalie and LaCroix see this as a chance to acheive their goals for Nick. Who will win this little contest, and what will be the price? Meanwhile, Nick must find the killer before he strikes again, as well as find out who he really is.
Slings, Arrows (NO WOODEN SHAFTS, please!)

....Outrageous Fortune?

Knightingale

#2 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:09 PM

This is one of my favourite episodes. I think it shows us a real glimpse into Nick Knight's character, without all the brooding vampire baggage laid on top. This is how he was as a man, inquisitive, independent, and quite a bit stubborn.

The writers made Tracy unnecessarily whiny, IMHO. She was relentlessly annoying, I thought. It was dumb.

What do you think?
'It's the same rain...'

#3 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:10 PM

Anybody? Anybody? smile.gif
'It's the same rain...'

#4 4knight

4knight

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:59 AM

PeridotEyes,
I will try to reply again soon. I did, tried to preview, was wiped out, tried to go back, got a DSN failure, lost my reply all together and now I must sign off as I have an important meeting in the morning to attend. I promise to answer ASAP when I return home.
"The Knight Lives On"

"Listen, I don't tan, I don't burn, I implode"

#5 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (4knight @ Sep 29 2007, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PeridotEyes,
I will try to reply again soon. I did, tried to preview, was wiped out, tried to go back, got a DSN failure, lost my reply all together and now I must sign off as I have an important meeting in the morning to attend. I promise to answer ASAP when I return home.

I hate when that happens.

#6 4knight

4knight

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:40 AM

Night in Question is one of my favorite episodes. It brings forth the relationship between Nick and Nat. When she brings him home and they talk, he tells her he felt there was something between them when he saw her in the hospital.
It’s the only episode where they were allowed to get together. And it’s the conversation they have when he returns from the seen of his shooting that proves they had that one night together.

Nick: “Natalie is this….is what I am the thing that makes you so sad?”
Natalie: “It’s what kept us apart.”
Nick: “But we’re together now. Last night? (He Studies her face, looking at her expression, noting the sadness in there and in her eyes) We can’t be together.”
Natalie: Last night I believed it was possible, that we’d finally won.”

Please notice that she said kept. Kept is the past tense of keep. If they had not been together she would have said it what keeps us apart. Why they ended apart, I don’t know unless she was afraid he might revert in his sleep and wake up hungry. I think it would have been better it he had awaken with her in bed with him after his dream, where he slip out, dressed went downstairs without waking her and left. Then she could have woken up, gone downstairs in time to meet him coming in as they had in the script.

I do know in Gwenn Musicante book, she talk to the write of that episode and had there been a forth year he had planned to address the encounter between them.

P.S. I forgot to mention, in the opening scene where Nick is in the ER, after they pronouce him dead Natalie goes in to see him.
The Er staff leaves her alone for a minute and she quickly drags a bag of blood out and sticks it in his stomach. Well, what I am getting to
is I own that bag of blood used in that scene. I also own the Police radio from the caddy.

"The Knight Lives On"

"Listen, I don't tan, I don't burn, I implode"

#7 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (4knight @ Oct 1 2007, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Night in Question is one of my favorite episodes. It brings forth the relationship between Nick and Nat. When she brings him home and they talk, he tells her he felt there was something between them when he saw her in the hospital.
It’s the only episode where they were allowed to get together. And it’s the conversation they have when he returns from the seen of his shooting that proves they had that one night together.

Nick: “Natalie is this….is what I am the thing that makes you so sad?”
Natalie: “It’s what kept us apart.”
Nick: “But we’re together now. Last night? (He Studies her face, looking at her expression, noting the sadness in there and in her eyes) We can’t be together.”
Natalie: Last night I believed it was possible, that we’d finally won.”

Please notice that she said kept. Kept is the past tense of keep. If they had not been together she would have said it what keeps us apart. Why they ended apart, I don’t know unless she was afraid he might revert in his sleep and wake up hungry. I think it would have been better it he had awaken with her in bed with him after his dream, where he slip out, dressed went downstairs without waking her and left. Then she could have woken up, gone downstairs in time to meet him coming in as they had in the script.

I do know in Gwenn Musicante book, she talk to the write of that episode and had there been a forth year he had planned to address the encounter between them.

P.S. I forgot to mention, in the opening scene where Nick is in the ER, after they pronouce him dead Natalie goes in to see him.
The Er staff leaves her alone for a minute and she quickly drags a bag of blood out and sticks it in his stomach. Well, what I am getting to
is I own that bag of blood used in that scene. I also own the Police radio from the caddy.

Well, my dear, there are various interpretations of the words, and the creators of the show deliberately kept things vague. It certainly seems as though they might have spent the night together, but clearly they wanted to pander to the Immortal Beloveds as well as keeping the NNatpackers happy, too...don't forget Nick never told Natalie he loved her in so many words.

I'm not saying that he didn't, mind you, it's just that they clearly wanted to keep the relationship suspense going as long as they possibly could, because once consummation happens then all the spark goes away and everything becomes mundane and ho-hum. That never happened in FK, now, did it? cool.gif The suspense and titillation between Nick and Nat, the chemistry never got dull and boring, we always wondered if and when it might happen.

In the archives that were destroyed when we lost the board here, someone once said that in Last Knight, Nick did tell Natalie that he loved her in the morgue. The powers that be decided it was better left on the editing room floor, and so it went into the trash, never to be seen. They left us craving what we wanted to hear, Nick unable to commit, never saying the words, and all of us here still arguing, ahem, discussing the subtext of the story. Doesn't that in fact make everything richer and better?

I wonder sometimes, would we still be here if it wasn't so rich and complex and open-ended? cool.gif Would we care so much if it was cut and dried, laid out before us?

I'm thinking not so much.
'It's the same rain...'

#8 ndebrabant

ndebrabant

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (4knight @ Oct 1 2007, 04:40 AM) Night in Question is one of my favorite episodes. It brings forth the relationship between Nick and Nat. When she brings him home and they talk, he tells her he felt there was something between them when he saw her in the hospital.
It's the only episode where they were allowed to get together. And it's the conversation they have when he returns from the seen of his shooting that proves they had that one night together.

Nick: "Natalie is this….is what I am the thing that makes you so sad?"
Natalie: "It's what kept us apart."
Nick: "But we're together now. Last night? (He Studies her face, looking at her expression, noting the sadness in there and in her eyes) We can't be together."
Natalie: Last night I believed it was possible, that we'd finally won."

Please notice that she said kept. Kept is the past tense of keep. If they had not been together she would have said it what keeps us apart. Why they ended apart, I don't know unless she was afraid he might revert in his sleep and wake up hungry. I think it would have been better it he had awaken with her in bed with him after his dream, where he slip out, dressed went downstairs without waking her and left. Then she could have woken up, gone downstairs in time to meet him coming in as they had in the script.

Well, my dear, there are various interpretations of the words, and the creators of the show deliberately kept things vague. It certainly seems as though they might have spent the night together, but clearly they wanted to pander to the Immortal Beloveds as well as keeping the NNatpackers happy, too...don't forget Nick never told Natalie he loved her in so many words.

I'm not saying that he didn't, mind you, it's just that they clearly wanted to keep the relationship suspense going as long as they possibly could, because once consummation happens then all the spark goes away and everything becomes mundane and ho-hum. That never happened in FK, now, did it? Posted Image The suspense and titillation between Nick and Nat, the chemistry never got dull and boring, we always wondered if and when it might happen.

In the archives that were destroyed when we lost the board here, someone once said that in Last Knight, Nick did tell Natalie that he loved her in the morgue. The powers that be decided it was better left on the editing room floor, and so it went into the trash, never to be seen. They left us craving what we wanted to hear, Nick unable to commit, never saying the words, and all of us here still arguing, ahem, discussing the subtext of the story. Doesn't that in fact make everything richer and better?

I wonder sometimes, would we still be here if it wasn't so rich and complex and open-ended? Posted Image Would we care so much if it was cut and dried, laid out before us?

I'm thinking not so much.

Yes, the closest in Last Knight was, and forgive me if I don't have the lines completey correct., "NAT: "Love me as much as I love you." Nick:" You know I do."
I've often wonder if Ger has the set of FK videos or any of his movies. I still say they were togther and knowing this and not being able to repeat it would drive them both crazy as they both would remember the knight. Sexual tension.
Stay out of the sun, keep away from sharp sticks, you'll live forever, that is supposed to be the deal."
I don't tan. I don't burn. I implode.
First night, first feeding, you wake up so hungry, you'll do anything for the blood you need. Take anyone. Enemy, friend, lover. If your first kill isn't human, you don't hunger for humans.
You have to understand that every drop of blood has your whole life in it. It's just not our food. It's the way we feel life. Imagine if you could know someone's soul just by sharing blood. Everything you know, everything you are, transformed into touch and taste. Imagine the temptation to take just one sip. One sip and then another and another, to take them inside you and know every secret, to let them know yours, to be them. That's why it's such a tough habit to break.

#9 stillSpindlewitch

stillSpindlewitch

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

I have to agree. Interesting episode but Tracy at her most annoying.

#10 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

Yes, the writing was frustrating throughout the series. Uneven is the word for the last part of the final season, I guess. My understanding is at the last minute James Parriot was dissuaded from his decision to kill off everyone and everything at the end, so writing revisions were made on the fly. That's why it isn't so cut and dried for our understanding.

Wouldn't it be nice if we had access to the story plans for the fourth season? <sigh> Once upon a time it was all I wanted in the world. Posted Image
'It's the same rain...'

#11 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:40 PM

It's the only episode where they were allowed to get together. And it's the conversation they have when he returns from the seen of his shooting that proves they had that one night together.

Nick: "Natalie is this….is what I am the thing that makes you so sad?"
Natalie: "It's what kept us apart."
Nick: "But we're together now. Last night? (He Studies her face, looking at her expression, noting the sadness in there and in her eyes) We can't be together."
Natalie: Last night I believed it was possible, that we'd finally won."

Please notice that she said kept. Kept is the past tense of keep. If they had not been together she would have said it what keeps us apart. Why they ended apart, I don't know unless she was afraid he might revert in his sleep and wake up hungry. I think it would have been better it he had awaken with her in bed with him after his dream, where he slip out, dressed went downstairs without waking her and left. Then she could have woken up, gone downstairs in time to meet him coming in as they had in the script.

That's one of my favourite episodes. I remember it very well. What I enjoy is that Natalie and LaCroix worked together to preserve both Nick's mortal cover and his immortal life. Congrats on having some key props. Sadly I got involved too late to collect props.
'It's the same rain...'

#12 ndebrabant

ndebrabant

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:24 AM

Yes, the writing was frustrating throughout the series. Uneven is the word for the last part of the final season, I guess. My understanding is at the last minute James Parriot was dissuaded from his decision to kill off everyone and everything at the end, so writing revisions were made on the fly. That's why it isn't so cut and dried for our understanding.

Wouldn't it be nice if we had access to the story plans for the fourth season? <sigh> Once upon a time it was all I wanted in the world. Posted Image

If you ever read Gwenn Musicante book about Forever Knight (Self Published) she interviewed the author of the episode. Had there been a 4th season, he was going to address that yes they had been together, but knowing that and knowing they couldn't repeat it but wanted to would drive the tension higher. Alias, we had no 4th season and no resolution. Yes there are lines drawn on those who say they did and those whao say they didn't. Ger directed LK but I guess he wasn't in the editing room or he "Lost" that battle of Nick saying I Love you to Natalie. Of course TPTB couldn't keep their fingers out of the pie and had to change things. We all know what happens when they do that. It has happened not only to FK, but to other series that were very successful their first year, the dropped in ratings the second when the suits interfered. and "improved" the show to their way of thinking.

Anyway I still love FK, still love reading the FF and still love talking about it.
Stay out of the sun, keep away from sharp sticks, you'll live forever, that is supposed to be the deal."
First night, first feeding, you wake up so hungry, you'll do anything for the blood you need. Take anyone. Enemy, friend, lover. If your first kill isn't human, you don't hunger for humans.
You have to understand that every drop of blood has your whole life in it. It's just not our food. It's the way we feel life. Imagine if you could know someone's soul just by sharing blood. Everything you know, everything you are, transformed into touch and taste. Imagine the temptation to take just one sip. One sip and then another and another, to take them inside you and know every secret, to let them know yours, to be them. That's why it's such a tough habit to break.

#13 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:29 AM

If you ever read Gwenn Musicante book about Forever Knight (Self Published) she interviewed the author of the episode. Had there been a 4th season, he was going to address that yes they had been together, but knowing that and knowing they couldn't repeat it but wanted to would drive the tension higher. Alias, we had no 4th season and no resolution. Yes there are lines drawn on those who say they did and those whao say they didn't. Ger directed LK but I guess he wasn't in the editing room or he "Lost" that battle of Nick saying I Love you to Natalie. Of course TPTB couldn't keep their fingers out of the pie and had to change things. We all know what happens when they do that. It has happened not only to FK, but to other series that were very successful their first year, the dropped in ratings the second when the suits interfered. and "improved" the show to their way of thinking.

Anyway I still love FK, still love reading the FF and still love talking about it.

How on this planet do I obtain a copy of the book?!?? I want it! I need it!! What's the exact title? I must know, tell me, please. Posted Image

Knowing Ger, he may have been the one who left the 'I love you' out of the episode. He believed they would return (as they had in the past) and he wanted the relationship between Nick and Natalie left in question rather than declared openly.
'It's the same rain...'

#14 ndebrabant

ndebrabant

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:38 PM

About the book, it was called Forever Knight A Reference Guide.
It sold out fast. I don't think I've ever seen it for sell anywhere, not
even on Ebay. It was a limited run.

ndebrabant

#15 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:47 AM

About the book, it was called Forever Knight A Reference Guide.
It sold out fast. I don't think I've ever seen it for sell anywhere, not
even on Ebay. It was a limited run.

ndebrabant

So I've learned. I'm now attempting to persuade the author to publish again in KIndle format. So far no good...but I haven't given up yet. Posted Image I can be very persuasive.
'It's the same rain...'

#16 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

I managed to obtain a copy of the book at long last.

Yes. There were to be repercussions from Nick and Natalie's night together. woo woo!
'It's the same rain...'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users