11 replies to this topic

#1 lizbit

lizbit

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,589 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:24 AM

Has anyone seen this show? Do anyone know any of the cast members? I don't know them. Did they play in any other show or movie? Could this be the reason why the show didn't last long?

Fab Filippo
Role: Roland Travis

Romany Malco
Role: Jerry Hooten

Max Martini
Role: Wiley

Kate Hodge
Role: Annie Price

Tim Guinee
Role: John Burrows

Michael Kelly
Role: Wilbert 'Tibbs' Thibodeaux

Susie Park
Role: Joss Nakano

Kim Murphy
Role: Sosh

Esteban Powell
Role: Jargon

#2 jason.cinema

jason.cinema

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (lizbit @ May 18 2007, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone seen this show? Do anyone know any of the cast members? I don't know them. Did they play in any other show or movie? Could this be the reason why the show didn't last long?

Romany Malco
Role: Jerry Hooten

I never saw Level 9 when it originally aired but since he was on the cast and I've enjoyed his work, I'll check it out when SCI FI airs it.

Of all of these actors, Malco's star has consistently been on the rise.

His most recent role was in the Zach Braff/Jason Bateman/Amanda Peet comedy The Ex.

The role's he's most known for at this point was as one of the friends of Steve Carell's character in The 40 Year-Old Virgin; he is currently a cast member on the Showtime TV series Weeds.

Here's his biography, via SCIFI.COM's Level 9 site.

When Romany Malco came to Los Angeles from Baytown, Texas, in the early '90s, his perseverance paid off almost immediately. He fell in with a crew of such up-and-comers as Snoop Dog, Ricky Harris and Chris Tucker, who made the VIP record store in Long Beach their headquarters. Soon, Malco's band, the College Boyz, landed a recording deal with Virgin Records and scored a No. 1 rap hit with the single, "Victim of the Ghetto".

Malco's acting career grew more out of serendipity than drive. Happily making his way as a successful musician — contributing songs to feature-film soundtracks (Independence Day, Home Alone II, White Men Can't Jump) and producing hits for such recording artists as Paula Abdul, CC Peniston, Randy Crawford and a spoken-word record for Ernie Hudson Jr. — Malco was introduced to acting while producing music for the John Leguizamo feature film The Pest. Leguizamo was so impressed with Malco's talent, especially his gift of gab, that he encouraged him to pursue acting. Approximately one year later, Malco signed with a talent agent and has been working regularly ever since.

Malco's feature-film acting credits include King, Corrupt, The Wrecking Crew, White Boy, Johnny B. Good, The Prime Gig, Le Chateau, Ticker, True Vinyl, The Tuxedo, The 40-Year-Old Virgin and Blades of Glory.

Malco's television appearances include guest-starring roles on Touched by an Angel, For Your Love and Martin & Claudia. In addition, his portrayal of the navely hilarious West Indian busboy Patrick Thomas on MTV showcased his natural comedic timing and led to his appearances in national television campaigns for such brands as Coca Cola and AT&T.

Most recently, Malco has become familiar to viewers as Conrad on the Showtime original series Weeds.

In addition to acting, Malco's interests include e-commerce, music production, vinyl collecting, fishing and travel.
Formerly BestBrains Inc (though I'd like to go back to that username; why was it changed?)

#3 J20gU3

J20gU3

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 382 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:46 AM

I don't even know what level 9 is. Is it new?
Your post went a that way :D -------->

#4 Starscream77

Starscream77

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (J20gU3 @ May 26 2007, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't even know what level 9 is. Is it new?

No its not new it was a 3rd rate show on a 4th rate American televison network that no longer exists ...thank the maker for that
Posted Image

#5 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 10:48 AM

I didn't see Level 9 when it was first on, just like I didn't watch Special Unit 2 and a few other repeats they've purchased in the last few years. I will watch at least a few episodes to see if it is worth my time.

Fab Fillipo played Scott Hope, a potential boyfriend of Buffy the Vampire Slayer in Season 3, appearing in only three episodes.

Tim Guinee was The Occupant in The Lost Room mini-series.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#6 redheadmama

redheadmama

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:44 PM

Max Martini is currently on The Unit on CBS - just renewed for a THIRD season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (repeats of Season 2 start May 29th at 9pm) and Season 1 is out on DVD.

WWW.Maxmartini.com

He has been in Contact, Saving Private Ryan and The Great Raid amongst several Lifetime movies and independant films.

He is currently in production on Redbelt with Tim Allen amongst others.

Not to mention he is a SERIOUSLY good looking man!

I had the opportunity to meet him at CAN Walk LA (2007) and he is a wonderful person and a great family man as well.

#7 MasterSidious

MasterSidious

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,106 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (easygordon @ May 27 2007, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tim Guinee was The Occupant in The Lost Room mini-series.

Tim Guinee also plays Tomin on SF1.

By and largely, I've never heard of any of these actors or even of Level 9 before now.

Looks like it was on one season and got the axe.

I might watch the first episode to see if I like it.

Posted Image

#8 KILLERMOTH

KILLERMOTH

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:40 PM

Kate Hodge starred in She Wolf of London, a nineties series,that went on for a few years. A couple as Shewolf than it changed to a lighter tone and became Love and Curses. She pretty much disappeared after that. I'm surprised that wasn't mentioned in the SciFi synopsis of her career. Esp. since it has been shown on SciFi channel.

Greetings by the way, I've never been to these boards before but this show intrigued me. Largely because I recognized Kate's face on the home page! smile.gif

#9 MACJR

MACJR

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:51 PM

I wonder who did the hatchet job on the graphic on their page?

It seems to me that someone could spend a little more time on that and fix it. wink.gif

MACJR
To boldly sit where I have sat before

#10 MasterSidious

MasterSidious

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,106 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:54 PM

As it turns out, I did watch the series before.

I liked it, even though is was short lived.

The whole cast is nerd and geeks. cool.gif
Posted Image

#11 javadude

javadude

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (KILLERMOTH @ May 28 2007, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kate Hodge starred in She Wolf of London, a nineties series,that went on for a few years. A couple as Shewolf than it changed to a lighter tone and became Love and Curses. She pretty much disappeared after that. I'm surprised that wasn't mentioned in the SciFi synopsis of her career. Esp. since it has been shown on SciFi channel.

Greetings by the way, I've never been to these boards before but this show intrigued me. Largely because I recognized Kate's face on the home page! smile.gif

I've been a fan of Kate Hodge since She-Wolf and am now watching Level 9 because of her. She's been very active the last few years appearing in shows like Law&Order: SVU, NCIS and Boston Legal as well as several movies.

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0388082/

#12 lizbit

lizbit

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,589 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:01 PM

The cast all sound fate when the talk. Their dubbing's not good. I still don't recognize anyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users