7 replies to this topic

#1 thomas28

thomas28

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:41 PM

Do you think it was a good idea to replace lt ford with ronon dex ? I fell ronon brings more to the show than ford ever did .

#2 StarChild05

StarChild05

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 276 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:13 PM

actually Ronon didn't "replace" Ford. he is a totally different character with a totally different back ground. One character doesn't have anything to do with the other. It's to bad RSF didn't stay, I would have loved for them to keep Ford and have him and Ronon work together because with Ford and his super juice and Ronon and his awesome bad *** attitude they would have made a great team.
Posted Image

#3 artemisn9

artemisn9

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:26 PM

I'm shocked that I'm actually admitting this.... but I think Ronan is a better character. When I first learned that Ford was leaving and Ronan would be joining the team, I admit I was a naysayer. But Ronan has really grown on me and I love his interaction with the rest of the team.

#4 f4rmerbob

f4rmerbob

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:42 PM

Lt. Ford never grew as a character, whereas Ronon's character is significantly deeper and more developed.

#5 LihtKarmaDjinn

LihtKarmaDjinn

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:56 PM

Sword Ronan has a sword how cool is that .....!
I Am The Rebel Who Freed...

#6 Red_XIV

Red_XIV

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:13 AM

Initially I was thinking that Ronon would be a tacked-on character resulting from the writers deciding "the team needs a Teal'c!", but fortunately he's not the wannabe-Teal'c was afraid of.
Posted Image

#7 J20gU3

J20gU3

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 382 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:23 PM

I do not, the idea of superman is not too much of a fun idea. The concept being Ronnan could take down an entire room of marines without anyone being hurt seriously. In reality they have machine guns and even hitting marines sets it off. Ford was an average marine which i liked. The non-crazy factor.
Your post went a that way :D -------->

#8 MoonBaseZeta

MoonBaseZeta

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:17 PM

I go with Ronon. He's a bad *** with so many possibilities, but still a vulnerable, damaged character. There are a thousand stories they could spin off Ronon, not so many with good-hearted, safe, obedient Marine Ford. Not to mention that Ronon is taller with meaner hair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users