• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 cap21

cap21

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:44 PM

Does anyone know or have an idea what it would take to get sci-fi channel to make episodes for the culmination of the series?
I guess they would have to contact Gerry Anderson to do that , but I would think that a sci-fi adaption would be great!!

#2 zzombie8

zzombie8

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:40 PM

I doubt Gerry Anderson would approve or want a reimagined version.
Let's just enjoy the original series and be happy with that.
We don't need another classic Sci-Fi show re imagined just cause we have writers who think they can "do it better" or cause we have better computer FX now to add to it.Unimaginative people(for lack of a better word) have already raped one of my favorites(Battlestar Galactica) and turned it into a whiny emo version of it's former self.Not to mention giving characters sex changes too. rolleyes.gif
And now they're redoing another classic 70s sci fi show Bionic Woman.
What a bunch of talentless boobs we have today that just COPY other shows and slap their own "created by" signatures on them.
We DON'T need a new version of Space 1999 updated for todays emo lovin generation.. We need NEW IDEAS and new SHOWS.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 G_Foyle

G_Foyle

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:45 AM

Unfortunately creativity has nothing to do with it. TV and Movies in particular, cannot afford new ideas. They just re-hash old series they have right to because they would have to pay out large sums of profits for a hot new property. It's all about cost cutting, especially for SciFi. I think we're back in the 70s again with the mentality of dump a rocket or clone in it and the masses will watch.

That being said, and because there was some work done on it five or six years ago, I would like to see a different Anderson series get a facelift...UFO. You know people have linked UFO and Space 1999 together, so one could dovetail into the other.

Just a thought...
My name is Gully Foyle and THE STARS My Destination...

#4 SylvreWolfe

SylvreWolfe

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18,715 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (zzombie8 @ May 27 2007, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We don't need another classic Sci-Fi show re imagined just cause we have writers who think they can "do it better" or cause we have better computer FX now to add to it.Unimaginative people(for lack of a better word) have already raped one of my favorites(Battlestar Galactica) and turned it into a whiny emo version of it's former self.Not to mention giving characters sex changes too. rolleyes.gif
What a bunch of talentless boobs we have today that just COPY other shows and slap their own "created by" signatures on them.
We DON'T need a new version of Space 1999 updated for todays emo lovin generation.. We need NEW IDEAS and new SHOWS.

AMEN!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For God and Farscape---Steve Palmer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See, falling for Farscape was easy, because Farscape was me.
---Ross Ruediger Quote site
Regardless of the snark I spew, Ben Browder is one hell of
a man.

Stupid and hydrogen, the two most common elements in the
universe.

Posted Image

#5 A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:08 AM

smile.gif WHAT WOULD YOU THINK OF NOT A REMAKE OF SPACE: 1999

BUT A STORY OF HUMANS MINING THE MOON, WHAT WOULD THAT OPEN FOR MANS FUTURE BEYOND FUSION REACTORS

(HELIUM 3 FALLING ON THE LUNA SURFACE FROM ITS FORMATION)

HOW WOULD HUMANS SUPPLY THE LUNA BASE

(A RAIL GUN LAUNCH, A 20 MILE LONG RAIL GUN LAYED UP THE SIDE OF A MOUNTAIN IN MEXICO AIMING AT A GEOSYNCHRONISS POINT IN SPACE WITH A ORBITAL SPACE STATION SENDING SMALL ELECTRIC POWERED SHIPS OUT TO COLLECT 18'X60' METAL CYLINDERS FOR TRANSEPORT TO THE MOON BASE)

HOW WOULD HUMANS SUPLY He3 TO EARTH

(A RAIL GUN LAYED UP THE SIDE OF A LUNA MOUNTAIN WITH A LUNA ORBITAL STATION AS TARGET FOR RELAY BACK TO EARTH)

WHAT ELS

(NOW HUMANS CAN GO OUT IN SPACE SEVERAL DOZEN AU's AND MINE ASTEROIDS TO CONSTRUCT HEAVY NICKEL IORN SHIPS MANUFACTURED IN SPACE)

HOW WOULD THAT CHANGE THINGS

(OUR BODIES WOULD BEGAIN TO CHANGE, WE ARE BUILT FOR A ONE ATMOSPHERE 15 PSI AND IN EARTHS GRAVITY)

WHAT IF? smile.gif

#6 zzombie8

zzombie8

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG @ May 29 2007, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile.gif WHAT WOULD YOU THINK OF NOT A REMAKE OF SPACE: 1999

BUT A STORY OF HUMANS MINING THE MOON, WHAT WOULD THAT OPEN FOR MANS FUTURE BEYOND FUSION REACTORS

(HELIUM 3 FALLING ON THE LUNA SURFACE FROM ITS FORMATION)

HOW WOULD HUMANS SUPPLY THE LUNA BASE

(A RAIL GUN LAUNCH, A 20 MILE LONG RAIL GUN LAYED UP THE SIDE OF A MOUNTAIN IN MEXICO AIMING AT A GEOSYNCHRONISS POINT IN SPACE WITH A ORBITAL SPACE STATION SENDING SMALL ELECTRIC POWERED SHIPS OUT TO COLLECT 18'X60' METAL CYLINDERS FOR TRANSEPORT TO THE MOON BASE)

HOW WOULD HUMANS SUPLY He3 TO EARTH

(A RAIL GUN LAYED UP THE SIDE OF A LUNA MOUNTAIN WITH A LUNA ORBITAL STATION AS TARGET FOR RELAY BACK TO EARTH)

WHAT ELS

(NOW HUMANS CAN GO OUT IN SPACE SEVERAL DOZEN AU's AND MINE ASTEROIDS TO CONSTRUCT HEAVY NICKEL IORN SHIPS MANUFACTURED IN SPACE)

HOW WOULD THAT CHANGE THINGS

(OUR BODIES WOULD BEGAIN TO CHANGE, WE ARE BUILT FOR A ONE ATMOSPHERE 15 PSI AND IN EARTHS GRAVITY)

WHAT IF? smile.gif

Well that would be fine and dandy by me(and I do like your idea for a Moon Based tv series)..as long as they don't slap a known name(Space 1999 or 2099) on it and try to lure people to it by trying to pass it off as something its not like redux battlecrap galaxative and the new unimproved bubonic woman show.
Every thing today is remakes this, and reenvisioned that.NEVER before in the history of TV and Film has there been such a stampede of remakes and such.We seem to be stuck in this vile era where filmakers are allowed to totally rip off other filmakers work and not even as homages but as "Oh I can do that better than the original" mentality here.

#7 WarshipAngelus1

WarshipAngelus1

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (zzombie8 @ May 27 2007, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I want to see a American show about a TimeLord, but not the Doctor from Doctor Who.

I have a idea about a show with a TimeLord who lives in US, but in the 52 century that travel back in time to fix the problems cause in the past by aliens or other things that go bump in the night and he would happen to be a CIA agent which is like the American version of the CIA, but for Time and Space.

He would also have a cool space ship that would look nothing like a Blue Police Box, but rather a real space ship with a bunch of lazer guns and other cool stuff and he would also have travel companions that he would meet on the way that would teach him how to act with humans and stuff.

I think it cool work if only someone would listen to my idea.

#8 WarshipAngelus1

WarshipAngelus1

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (G_Foyle @ May 28 2007, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfortunately creativity has nothing to do with it. TV and Movies in particular, cannot afford new ideas. They just re-hash old series they have right to because they would have to pay out large sums of profits for a hot new property. It's all about cost cutting, especially for SciFi. I think we're back in the 70s again with the mentality of dump a rocket or clone in it and the masses will watch.

That being said, and because there was some work done on it five or six years ago, I would like to see a different Anderson series get a facelift...UFO. You know people have linked UFO and Space 1999 together, so one could dovetail into the other.

Just a thought...

Also, have you notice in the past ten years that StarTrek and StarWars and a couple of other shows and movies based around prequal that noone cares about.

I agree with you that noone wants to use their brains anymore nor have the creativity to make a new show that is really different.

#9 A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:31 AM

HAY ZOMBI8 I LIVE IN MICROSOFT WINDOWS 98 WORLD WITH A 56 MODEM

I LIKE YOUR STUFF BUT IT TAKES 20 MINUTES TO LOAD

PLEASE SLOW IT DOWN MAN

TRACE

P.S.
MAN IM DRUNK
smile.gif

#10 questmaker

questmaker

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (zzombie8 @ May 29 2007, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Every thing today is remakes this, and reenvisioned that.NEVER before in the history of TV and Film has there been such a stampede of remakes and such.We seem to be stuck in this vile era where filmakers are allowed to totally rip off other filmakers work and not even as homages but as "Oh I can do that better than the original" mentality here.

I agree. We need more original ideas. I realize that there are only so many twists on a theme that a writer can do but they need to get away from these 're-imagined' impostors they are trying to pass off on us. Making a show about a lunar settlement wouldn't have to be a bad attempt at recreating Space 1999. A_Boy_And_His-Dog's idea sounds interesting. There are so many things that can be done with it that wouldn't have to even reference 1999.
Posted Image

#11 zzombie8

zzombie8

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG @ May 29 2007, 06:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HAY ZOMBI8 I LIVE IN MICROSOFT WINDOWS 98 WORLD WITH A 56 MODEM

I LIKE YOUR STUFF BUT IT TAKES 20 MINUTES TO LOAD

PLEASE SLOW IT DOWN MAN

TRACE

P.S.
MAN IM DRUNK
smile.gif

What takes time to load? My signature ?
If so that's why I only used it once..I thought it was a smaller sized file
but it's almost 2 mb.. I plan to change it soon. wink.gif

#12 A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:27 PM

smile.gif He3 LESSON FOR ANY WOULD-BE WRITER

http://www.asi.org/a.../he3-intro.html

AND HERES ONE FOR THE ION ENGINE

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/ion/

SPACE MEDICINE 101

http://science.nasa....acemedicine.htm

QUOTE (zzombie8 @ May 29 2007, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What takes time to load? My signature ?
If so that's why I only used it once..I thought it was a smaller sized file
but it's almost 2 mb.. I plan to change it soon. wink.gif

smile.gif ZZOMBIE8 IT WAS THE SIGNATURE

I GOT A CHUCKLE FROM YOUR GODZILLA MOVIE

TRACE

#13 A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:58 AM

smile.gif COILGUN LAUNCH

Attached Files

#14 A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:48 AM

smile.gif I JUST HAD A THOUGHT,

MARS LOST ITS EARLY ATMOSPHERE AFTER IT LOST ITS MAGNETOSPHERE, THE SOLAR WINDS THEN WAS ABLE TO ERODE MOST OF THE MARSHAN ATMOSPHERE

LEAVING MARS OPEN TO THE DEPOSIT OF HELIUM 3 FROM THOSE SAME SOLAR WINDS, JUST LIKE ON THE MOON.

JUST THINK, A HUGE COILGUN LAUNCH PLATFORM LAYED UP THE SIDE OF OLYMPUS MONS POWERED BUY A He3 FUELED FUSION REACTOR.

WHAT IF? smile.gif

#15 A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:21 PM

smile.gif IN SEARCH OF EVEN MORE HELIUM 3 WE FIND NOT ONLY He3 BUT WATER AT THE EDGE OF OUR SOLAR SYSTEM THE OART CLOUD

WITH HEAVY SHIPS CONSTRUCTED OF NICKLE IORN FROM ASTEROIDS HUMANS CAN VENTURE FAR OUT TO THE KUIPER BELT TO HARVEST COMET MATERIAL

THATS RIGHT, ICE COVERED WITH FROZEN SOLAR PARTICLES FROM THE SOLAR WINDS smile.gif

Attached File  he3.gif   4.04K   12 downloads Attached File  Kuiper_oort.jpg   54.5K   22 downloads

#16 invaderzim_7

invaderzim_7

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:38 PM

If anything was to come of it, it couldn't be called "Space 1999" simply for the fact that we are well beyond 1999 and some of the ideas envisioned for the show did not come to pass.

#17 A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 366 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:14 PM

smile.gif AND IF THE RATINGS SHOULD SLIP A BIT, A SHOW LIKE THIS COULD EASLY SAVE THE WORLD FROM A END OF THE PLANET ASTEROID IMPACT.

JUST SIMULATING WHAT WOULD HAPPEN (IF THAY SHOULD FAIL) WOULD STILL BE GREAT VISUALS smile.gif

Attached File  DOOMS_DAY_s.jpg   13.3K   24 downloads

#18 A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:42 AM

smile.gif AND JUST WHAT KIND OF A WORLD WOULD THE LUNA BASE BE SAVING?

WELL WITH THE NEW M.I.T. LITHIUM NICKEL MANGANESE BATTERY http://www.eurekaler...t-mpu021606.php COMING NEXT YEAR 2008 WE NOW HAVE ELECTRIC CARS THAT CHARGE IN TEN MINUTS A 350 MILE CHARGE http://www.zapworld....tric-cars/zap-x

EVEN ELECTRIC PLANES

WHAT IF? smile.gif

#19 Gnarlygod

Gnarlygod

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:34 PM

Space 1999 liked to use space warps a lot, so i say the show could be brought back with a few changes.

-Einstien/Rosen bridge wormhole studies allow for the moon being removed from earth orbit, if the power is there to do it. They could still be always trying to find out how to get home.

-Change the name SPACE: 2059

-Keep the international theme.

A few decent tweeks and we would have a show I could really like.

I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of a show called STARLOST either, a show about an ark carrying the last survivors of a ruined earth.

#20 shadokp

shadokp

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:55 AM

Gerry Anderson probably does not own the rights to Space 1999 or UFO. The only shows he still owns is everything from 1982 to present. He sold off everything else (That is why we got the Thunderbirds movie) but he was able to have some stock in merchandising. He did purchase rights to create the New Captain Scarlet and was hoping to do the same thing for Thunderbirds (until the movie was made). So Space:1999 and UFO are being controled by others (Granada).

There was talk of a Canadian made UFO but haven't heard anything on that for a couple of years.

Gerry Anderson's company recently went bankrupt after poor handling of "The New Captain Scarlet." There was a new CG project in the works and the Sci-Fi Channel was interested but not sure where that is right now. Despite the fact that New Captain Scarlet was a very good show, the lack of viewers and interest probably will prevent any other Anderson made or Anderson remake from being made because people are too scared right now.

Space 1999 is my favorite show but I never was interested in seeing a remake (I love remakes and loved New Captain Scarlet). I always thought that a straight to DVD sequel with supporting cast members (Landau and Bain would probably not be involved) would be the route to go and certainly the new books are to an extent and continuation into new stories.

Since everything is being remade it seems then it probably will happen although UFO seems more of a logical choice.

KP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users