648 replies to this topic

#41 squirrely24U

squirrely24U

Ascended

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,929 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:59 PM

**CAUTION*** Fanbois cover your eyes....scroll down.....shipper question...alert!

Dear Mr. Moore,
Recently at a con Katee mentioned that she thought that Kara loves Sam more than Lee. This has thrown a considerable amount of K/L shippers over the edge...not a good thing!! What does canon say about the history of K/L and how much Kara loves Lee in relation to Sam??

This will help ease alot of shippers....who are well.....jumping ship as of late!! Thanks!! Oh and if you can give us some little hope that K/L will end up together that would be great...but you'll probably ignore this part......which is cool....I'm just askin!! Thanks for doing this!! I am a professed emotionally committed BSG junkie and I am saving now for my withdrawl therapy once the show concludes!!! laugh.gif

Posted Image

#42 MrsRon

MrsRon

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,219 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (whaa @ Jun 5 2007, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ron: after BSG ends, will you mark the significance of the event by returning to a shorter haircut?

Absolutely not.

#43 SamStarEagle

SamStarEagle

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:07 PM

Ron...

One thing we've learned from the podcasts is that you're a man that obviously enjoys his scotch. However, it seems to me like you'd be almost completely out by now, so here's my question...

Are you planning on celebrating the end of the show by going on a tour of the British Isles with Jamie and James to replenish your stockpiles of your oh so precious beverage?

#44 squirrely24U

squirrely24U

Ascended

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,929 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:14 PM

Ron,

Let's just cut to the chase.....Will Starbuck and Apollo end up together? Those two have been through hell together....let us feel the love for fraksake!! *Hee*....sorry.... I just had to do it!! Can't help myself.....we're dyin here!! laugh.gif

Posted Image

#45 cylonjoebob

cylonjoebob

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:17 PM

Is Earth the 13th colony and does that effect the number of Lords and Cylon skinjob models?

Are head beings "real" or imagined?

Was the Six in "Six degrees" a physical manifestation of Head Six or Gina? or What?

Does the music we heard in Crossroads continue or is a part of the space they occupy now?

Thanks for a great show...can't wait to see what happens. Oh, and I'm pulling for Lee and Kara too!
.....................Posted Image
............................................................................... Inconceivable!

#46 Zephyrchild

Zephyrchild

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,695 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:52 PM

Ron,
Will there be a lot of longer, more in depth story arcs this season? Also will the fleet continue the trend of being divided (emotionally or physically) when Lee and Kara are divided?
Posted Image
Does prophecy=destiny? All coming together...
Posted Image

#47 Lily#7

Lily#7

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:12 PM

At the end of the mini-series when we first learn that Boomer is a cylon is that copy Athena or a random Number Eight?

#48 maxbell

maxbell

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,782 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (MrsRon @ Jun 5 2007, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Absolutely not.

*Applauds women who support long hair and beards*

How closely related, developmentally speaking, are the skin jobs to the model fives? Structural differences aside, the virus contracted from the probe discovered in "A Measure of Salvation" affected skinjobs and raiders alike -- were the model fives similar enough that they'd have been able to contract the disease as well? And since we've already seen differentiation in the identities of individual skinjobs of the same model, and it can be extrapolated that model fives would then have individual identities as well, why haven't we been given any hints about what became of them? It wouldn't seem that they're hiding behind the scenes and pulling strings and there's been nothing so far that suggests that they've become extinct.

So what became of the model fives, anyway?

C A P R I C A N

#49 Elipsos

Elipsos

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:17 PM

Hi Ron-

First, thanks for the great ride you've taken us on and thank you for sticking to your own guns about keeping the integrity of the story, something I would think is rare in your line of work. Quality vs. Quantity (like the viewers) will always win in the end.

Thanks too to your lovely wife for being on the boards and for the show in general to be so interactive with fans.

My questions have to do with writing: There was a discussion in the Reduced Role of Women thread about whether or not Roslin had a larger role in the resistance and, it turns out, Mrs. Ron handed you the computer and you divulged your story/the backstory of how involved she was, which I never would have known, had another poster not unearthed it from the thread.

In writing and rewriting the series, sometimes on set or sometimes going along with the actors adlibbing/additions, are the writers working from the director's cut of episodes or from what was originally intended? Or is the timing of production such that this is impossible? This show seems much more relaxed and fluid in allow the the story to evolve from input on so many levels- which I hear is another rare thing in your business.

In a related question, should the 'show Bible' that was originally posted on Sky One still be considered as main canon? If not, will there be a show Bible at some point for obsessed fans to read (like the Cylon Bible Tricia has often referred to?)? (This again relates to my fascination with Roslin and her backstory and whether or not the premise set up in the show Bible is still something to refer to ::hoping Roslin gets a backstory ep in S4:smile.gif.

Oh, and since its going to be the last official con for the last season, it'd be really nice if you could use your authoritativeness and encourage all writers, actors, directors, producers, etc. (yourself and Mrs.Ron included) to be there in November. Gotta go out with a big party!!

Thanks again!!

Posted Image
Sig by the artist formerly known as Pennyfeline

#50 Londo

Londo

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:33 PM

Dear RDM,

Thank you for creating this amazing show -I've gotten so much enjoyment from all three seasons. Sad as I am that next season will be the last, I'm grateful that the story will get the proper ending that it deserves. I'm having a hard time picking just one question, but an answer to any of these would be most appreciated.

- Since Starbuck is back from the dead (horay!!), I'm wondering why it was necessary/important for her to die to fulfill her destiny. Is it a hero's journey type thing? When she came back she seemed calmer and happier that ever before, as if her rebirth was spiritual as well as physical. Has she been changed by this experience in ways that we'll see more of next season? I'm also curious about the role Leoben played - she was so damaged by her captivity with him on New Caprica that there was no doubt in my mind that what he had done amounted to psychological torture, but then in her vision "not-Leoben" appeared as something of a benevolent spirit-guide. Are the two Leobens actually operating under different agendas?

-I actually loved season three as a whole very much. But one thing I noticed was that we seemed to see less of the main characters than we had the previous two seasons, Starbuck, Roslin, and Sharon in particular. At the end of the season it seemed that all of them were being set up for strong storylines next season, but I've also heard that many new characters are being brought on board and that some of the actors are taking major roles on other shows. Do you think it will be possible for these characters to be featured in the final season as much as the were in one and two?

Last Fall "Ask Ausellio" reported that a major character was going to be relieved of duty at the end of season three, and that s/he wouldn't go quietly. You said in the podcast that Kara wasn't originally supposed to "die" in Maelstrom, so was that going to be her?

Thanks very much for your time!

#51 Scully4Apple

Scully4Apple

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:34 PM

Hi Ron,

I started the "Reduced Role of Women" thread and I wanted to say "thank you" for the great work you've done for female characters and, in turn, your female (and male!) fans. We've been given these great characters to watch and enjoy and it's a rare show to provide a cadre of great characters (male and female) -- that also celebrates a woman over 50 in all of her glory.

That's why I'm thankful for BSG.

QUESTION: Why do you (and Joss Whedon) have an ability to create and write strong and well-rounded female characters of all types while this is so lacking in other series? Do you experience pressure from the suits not to do this? What can be done by producers and fans to promote more diversity in this medium?

For example, as I see it, BSG and "Brothers and Sisters" are the only current shows with a woman over age 50 in the lead. sleep.gif

- S4A

My passions were all gathered together like fingers that made a fist.
Drive is considered aggression today;
I knew it then as purpose.

- Bette Davis

Posted Image

I also think we forget that you can be hellishly boring if the body is all you're exercising. -
Dame Diana Rigg

#52 zoenova

zoenova

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:43 PM

Hi and thanks for a wonderful show.

If you get this far in the thread, we're just wondering if the cyclic nature of BSG is due to karma or divine punishment, or is it just the inherent nature of the universe youíve imagined?

#53 ProgGrrl

ProgGrrl

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,316 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:44 PM

Hi RDM, thanks for doing this and all the nice things you do for us. We're a well-fed fandom.

So, I can't help asking: was this just a costuming coincidence?

#54 fenderchick

fenderchick

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:45 PM

Might as well give this a shot...

Ron,

I find the relationship between Lee and Kara compelling as hell. Do you have any plans to tie in that relationship with the overall mythos of the show?

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions!

P.S. I loved the Quadrangle of Doom.

"I figured that, you know, in my spare time I would build an ark and then pull a rabbit outta my butt!" - KS, 'Cort and Fatboy'
Posted Image

#55 punchface

punchface

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,094 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:50 PM

Sir,

Are the Sig 7 capable of what we humans call "suffering"?

Do they feel despair, sorrow/regret, hatred, rage, melancholy, loneliness, fear, embarassment, and other forms of emotional distress OR do they just have operational imperatives and capabilities set up by programing. Do they feel, or are they simply imitating feelings?

Thanks for your time,

punchface

#56 cherylad

cherylad

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,098 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:53 PM

Hi Ron:

Thanks for the great ride.

I've found the hallmark of this show has been inventive creative writing. One of the last frontiers of drama is writing a story in such a way to allow your young hot angst-tortured leads to come together and not crash your whole drama or then kill them off. It has been tried and failed in many shows over the years (most notably Remington Steele and Moonlighting).

Well.. you and your BSG writers... how about impressing us with your abilities?

Dare you. wink.gif

Posted Image

Banner from Proggrl & Avi from Liebes

Ship XO

#57 LawnmowerFace

LawnmowerFace

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:57 PM

Ron,

There has been some debate on the relationships between Baltar and the various models of Six he has associated with including Gina, Head Six and Caprica Six.
Can you tell us if he in fact ever truly loved any of them?
Personally I feel that he loved Gina because she was real and tangible compared to Head Six and that after his tumultuous relationship with the Six in his head that 'finding' a real life version that he was able to 'save' really brought his emotions and feelings to the table and made him fall in love with her over the course of season two up until she blows herself up.

Baltar seems to pull back after that and revert to his 'old ways' of sleeping with multiple women and even before the Cylons arrived on New Caprica he seemed to have been in a funk like he was depressed.

Personally I feel it is because Gina died and he truly loved her, which is why he is reluctant with Caprica Six towards the end of Season Three.

Can you shed some more light on this particular aspect if at all possible?

Thanks.

-justin

=============

Ron,

Since BSG is coming to an end can you tell us what has been
1) your greatest personal achievement with this show and
2) what has been the biggest mistake you have learned from while making this series?

=====================

Ron,

Hypothetically who would you vote for? Roslin or Baltar?

=====================

Ron,

You stated at one time that the 12 Cylon models were a representation of the basic 12 types of human beings.
Which model of Cylon do you think you are most akin to?

======================

Ron,

Will we see any other types of Cylons other than what we've already seen? (which have been the 11 models + the super secret model we have yet to see, raiders, heavy raiders, Centurions, hybrid children and the hybrids of the Basestars)

Justin,

I told you that if I continued to received reports of disruption from you, that you would be banned without further notice. Your off-topic political posts that attempt to derail the Mrs.Ron 411 thread and bait the posters there have brought this about.

You are permanently banned from SCIFI.COM's forums. I expect you to respect this ban and stay off the forums here from this point forward.

Sincerely,
admin1

#58 boudiceaborn

boudiceaborn

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:21 PM

Hi there Ron!

I've really loved the portrayal of religion on the show, and how the show includes more depth than a simple presence/absence of religious feeling. For example, as I currently see it: Caprica Six and Three are zealots; Roslin is a visionary; Starbuck is passively religious, and turns to it in times of need; Admiral Adama is uncomfortably agnostic; Baltar is a fervent atheist in S1, and now perhaps an unwilling cult leader. I also like the way the Kobol and Eye of Jupiter plotlines worked out so that they support the archaeological "truth" of Colonial scripture, but not necessarily the religious "truth."

I'm curious:
Do you plan to reveal whether the Colonial gods exist?

How have the religious beliefs of the production team (or lack thereof) informed the religious story arcs of BSG?

Are crises of faith going to be strong motivations in S4 character development?

Thanks so much for being so accessible to the fan community, the whole BSG team seems to devote a lot of energy and time into fan interaction. BSG will be sorely missed, but I am going to follow any future projects of the production team. To the best show on TV!

#59 MalteseCrichton

MalteseCrichton

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,444 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:29 PM

Dear Ron,

When you began the show, did you have a more or less clear vision of where and how you wanted it all to end?

And where did you get the idea of a new Battlestar Galactica, or was it poresented to you, 'Hey, we want this done, find a way?'

Also I am curious as to where you got the idea of religious Cylons?

Posted Image.Posted Image.Posted Image.Posted Image.Posted Image.

Posted Image

#60 Lolabuck

Lolabuck

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:56 PM

Hello Ron!!

In TOS, the Ship of Lights houses 5 ethereal beings known as the Seraphs. Itís hard not to notice the parellelís between the Seraphs and the Final Five. The Seraphs state that they were once mortal and have since evolved into the current state. They also state that it is not Apolloís destiny to die (which can be interchanged with Starbuckís death in the re-imagined series). The also state that Starbuck and Apolloís continued fellowship is important to the fleetís fate and then provides them with coordinates for Earth. Are you able to comment on the correlation between the Seraphs and the Final Five? How big of a role do Starbuck and Apollo, as a team, play into the quest to find Earth?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users