648 replies to this topic

#1 scifimarlon

scifimarlon

Minbari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 349 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:14 PM

Here's where you can post your questions for an upcoming Q&A with Ron D. Moore.

#2 1RenewingSpirit

1RenewingSpirit

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,755 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:26 PM

Hello Ron,

Why did the lights go out five minutes after Romo left the Galactica and where did he go? Also, will Lance be back next season?

Mark said in his podcasts to ask you by sending an email but I thought this would be a better format.

Thank you for all the great work you have done with BSG it has been a wonderful ride biggrin.gif

Posted Image

#3 LittleRedCorvette

LittleRedCorvette

Psychohistorian

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,393 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:26 PM

Hello Ron,

During your formative years, what personality traits and moments of your personal history have contributed to your development and success as a writer, and today, do the same characteristics and experiences remain the impetus or do you draw your stamina and the main themes you address (as opposed to story and character) from different and/or ever-changing sources?

Thanks for the podcasts, most generous of you.

Spinny

Edited for clarity
Posted Image

thanks for the greatest banner ever, Syllver

#4 PKD1178

PKD1178

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:30 PM

In the podcasts, you've been candid about aspects of the show you find unsatisfying - and I really appreciate the insights into the pure hard graft of taking any creative endeavour from concept to finished work. If you had the chance to go back and re-work to your satisfaction one episode - or even a single act or scene - which would you choose?
CRAIG RANAPIA

#5 sighphi

sighphi

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:31 PM

Are you going to explain what the Cylon plan was?

#6 sighphi

sighphi

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:32 PM

Can i get work in your remake of The Thing?

#7 EnGal

EnGal

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:34 PM

Hello Ron,

first question :

Have you any plan to reveal the numbers associated with each humanoid cylons, or do they have a meaning for the rest of the story? If not, can you enlighten us ? biggrin.gif

Second question :

Is the cylon "plan" still " active" ?

Third question :

Do you plan more Bulldog for season 4?

thank for you answers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

( Credit to Frakfest for the bomb)

#8 sighphi

sighphi

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:34 PM

Did you ever look at the plot hole of Hero?
if so was it just a mistake or is that new info the info that is going to use from now on?

#9 Arguendo

Arguendo

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:42 PM

You recently indicated that at the end of season 4 some of the relationships will be left open to interpretation. Does that include the Roslin/ Adama relationship or will we finally have some real sense of that relationship coming to some sort of satisfying "resolution"?
He who decides a case without hearing the other side, though he decide justly, cannot be considered just.
- Seneca (Lucius Annaeus Seneca), Medea
(CXCIX)

Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. . . . The law which is perfection of reason.
- Lord Edward Coke, First Institute

#10 bookmarmf

bookmarmf

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,868 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:44 PM

Will all of the regular cast will be appearing in the Pegasus movie and if so how often?

Will the majority of the episodes be focusing on the Pegasus crew instead?

Also one last little thing, From comments he's made we know Jamie is interested in writing for the show,will he be doing some this season?

Thank you for your time. biggrin.gif

Posted Image

Admiral of the K/L ship

avi by bren, siggy by liebs

*POOF* the Magic Kara lived with her Lee

and frolicked in the A shape halls

Of a Battlestar called the G!

#11 SamStarEagle

SamStarEagle

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:47 PM

Hi Ron!!!

Sad to hear we're almost at the end, but I'm overjoyed that we'll get their on your terms!!!

cool.gif

The other night, your wife left an interesting comment in the K/L shipper thread were she said that writers will ALWAYS keep angst and tension in a story as much as they can. Good idea, but this leads to my question...

How far do you think is (or would be) too far when it comes to delving into the darkness of your story? In other words, what do you feel is a good balance when it comes to keeping the viewers in suspense, but ultimately delivering a great ending?

#12 bsggurl18

bsggurl18

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:47 PM

Hi Ron: At what point did you decide that it was time to end the series, and why? I've heard about the all good things have an end and all of that...but don't you think you certainly could have had a lot more stories to tell? There's something to be said for ending on your own accord, but is there anything that you wanted to do that you will no longer be able to?

I apologize if these have been answered in some interview or podcast...I rarely keep up with everything.

Thanks for your answers, and a shout out to your wife. You're very lucky to have her you know wink.gif
www.myspace.com/Spoiledblonde697 (Go here for blog updates on my life :P)

www.ushisgeek.blogspot.com (Go here for class blogging, and my intense interest in photography :D)

www.facebook.com/Blondebelle21

Laura Roslin, the best president for humanity, period.

#13 TowelOfApollo

TowelOfApollo

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:48 PM

Mr. Moore,

Will there be more Leoben in Season Four, or do you feel his story was completed with "Maelstrom"?
I also wondered if you will be personally writing more episodes in the final season?

Thanks so much for giving us such a great show. I can't wait to find out how it ends, even if I am really going to miss it!

#14 DaruMozu

DaruMozu

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,035 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:55 PM

Hello Ron,

Will we find out in season 4 what Baltar whispered to Gaeta near the end of "Taking a Break from All Your Worries", or can you confirm that it was nothing more than a leftover from the abandoned Sagittaron plotline?

Thanks for taking the time smile.gif

-DM

#15 ddt73

ddt73

Psychohistorian

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:56 PM

Mr. Moore,

Last time you did a Q&A you asked a more detailed explanation of the Hero continuity error. Well Gaeta in the mini said he was glad to serve under Adama for 3 years, which was then basically repeated in Corrabotors this past season when Tigh said he served in CiC for 4 years. Also in "You Can't Go Home Again", Adama says to Apollo that he has served with Kara "on this ship" for more then 2 years. In "Farm" and again in "Sacrifice" we learn that Boomer was aboard Galactica almost 2 years prior to the attacks on the colony.

So basically we had every reason to believe that Adama had been aboard Galactica at least 2 years, so "Hero" comes along and says Adama was in command of the Valkyrie about a year prior to the attacks.

So now that maybe the continuity problem is more clear, can you comment on it? Do you agree this is a continuity error, or perhaps I'm just missing something?

BTW thank you for doing this Q&A, and thanks for the series in general. It's been a blast and I can't wait to finish the ride smile.gif

Posted Image

Thanks to Ruth (NewbieUK) for my wonderful banner!

Ship's Information and Technology Officer

Cause I'm Lee, and you're Kara, the rest of it isn't worth a damn.

#16 Bobzor

Bobzor

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:56 PM

Hi Ron,

First off I am a new fan of the show (just got into it a few weeks ago and watched it all in about a week). With the show as a whole fresh in my mind, the lack of Boomer storyline in season three sorta stuck out. I think her/Athena’s characters are really what pulled me into the show, so I was a little disappointed when Boomer was killed off in season 2. I then got my hopes up when she popped back up in “Downloaded” and the start of season three, but was left confused when she came back mid-season with a different personality just to get her neck snapped.

So with that little rant over my questions are:
-Will Boomer be back in some substantial role in season 4?
-Will we get to see big character interactions between Boomer/Adam, Tyrol, Athena, Cally?
-Will Boomers story be flushed out, will we get some resolution to it or will it just be left a huge tragedy
-Will the poor cylon catch a break (now that she has been murdered by both humans and cylons)?

P.S.: Thanks for taking the time to do this sorta thing.

#17 LawFairy

LawFairy

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:00 PM

Ron,

Next season, will we learn more about Gaeta? I'm particularly interested in why he transitions from extreme loyalty to Baltar, to abject hatred. Did Baltar do worse things on New Caprica that only Gaeta knows about? Did something happen to Gaeta after the occupation? Did Gaeta and Baltar have a romantic relationship (whether actual or in Gaeta's head)?

Also: what happened to Jake???

Thanks for your time.
Excuse me sir, I think I smell my friend's beard.

#18 innealta

innealta

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,654 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:07 PM

Hi Ron,

It's been a great ride, you brought me back to television and cable, but where am I to go from here? "lol* I am glad that you get to end the series the way that you want, but what, if anything do you feel that you will have to compromise to get there in one season instead of another two or more? Are there any plot developments that you had in mind that will have to be abridged or cut out altogether to get to the conclusion in 22 episodes?

Thanks.

BTW, I echo what bsggurl18 (love ya Cort) had to say about MrsRon. We love you, but she... well, you know! wink.gif laugh.gif

Posted Image

Banner by Roslin_is_Gorgeous. And yes, she is. No Airbrushing Required

#19 scrutters

scrutters

Psychohistorian

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,063 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:08 PM

Ron,
You have hinted that some of the relationships on BSG will be left open to interpretation at the end of Season 4.
However which of these relationships during this, the final season will be focused on mainly?

Many Thanks smile.gif
Posted Image

#20 MidwifeonBoard

MidwifeonBoard

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:10 PM

Hi Ron,

Will Roslin have an expanded role in the last season? Mary McDonnell is such an amazing asset to the show, I'd love to see her doing so much more than the reduced role she seemed to have in season 3.

Thanks!
MoB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users