38 replies to this topic

#1 SteveoUK

SteveoUK

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:28 AM

No, not a kinky request! In fact it's a new film staring Tricia Helfer that's now in post production.
I wonder if Tricia Helfer is the dominatrix? Her icy performance on Galactica would seem to make her an obvious choice.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0907680/

#2 GenniferGrievous

GenniferGrievous

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (SteveoUK @ Jun 14 2007, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, not a kinky request! In fact it's a new film staring Tricia Helfer that's now in post production.
I wonder if Tricia Helfer is the dominatrix? Her icy performance on Galactica would seem to make her an obvious choice.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0907680/

To answer your question, Yes. She is the dominatrix. Ooh, la la! (Might be that she got some tips from Lucy Lawless [aka Three] who played the Dominatrix Madam Van Der Sexxx in Eurotrip! LOL)

Official Press Release:

March 30, 2007/WINNIPEG - The cameras began rolling today in Winnipeg on Calgary-based CHAOS a film company’s feature, “Walk All Over Me,” a comedy thriller about a small town girl who runs into big time trouble as she assumes the dominatrix identity of her roommate to pay the bills.

"Walk All Over Me" stars multiple Golden Globe nominee Leelee Sobieski (“Joan of Arc”) as the runaway and Tricia Helfer (“Battlestar Galactica”) as the dominatrix. In addition, the feature stars Genie Award winner Lothaire Bluteau (“Jesus of Montreal”) as an unsavoury man looking to recover his stolen money. Also featured in the cast are Genie Award winner Jacob Tierney (“Twist”), Michael Adamthwaite (“Catch and Release”) and Michael Eklund (“88 Minutes”).

General Sci-fi nerd. Television/favorites include, thus far:

Xena:Warrior Princess; Firefly/Serenity; BSG: TNS; Stargate: Atlantis; Farscape; SG-1

Authors: Robert Asprin; RA Salvatore; Piers Anthony; Robert Heinlein; Isaac Asimov; Frank Herbert

#3 SteveoUK

SteveoUK

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for that. It's as I suspected. Tricia Helfer is the real dominatrix and Leelee Sobieski is the woman who is impersonating her. ****, we have to wait until next year though!

A brief thought flashed through my mind. I wouldn't be surprised if a director would create such a film just so that he could have Tricia Helfer onscreen as a dominatrix. Then I noticed that the writer is also the director! smile.gif

#4 AgentOnion

AgentOnion

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:07 PM

Wow, I hadn't heard about this. I can just imagine the jokes when she does the rounds to promote this film. I can imagine Jonathan Ross in the UK interviewing her for Film 2007.

Jonathan Ross: So, Tricia Helfer. Walk all over me [long comedy pause] is your latest film...

Maybe she'd call his bluff though smile.gif Then again, Jonathan Ross is so crazy on his show, he wouldn't be fazed at all.

#5 whaa?

whaa?

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (GenniferGrievous @ Jun 14 2007, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(Might be that she got some tips from Lucy Lawless [aka Three] who played the Dominatrix Madam Van Der Sexxx in Eurotrip! LOL)

she played one in Xena: Warrior Princess first.

#6 SteveoUK

SteveoUK

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:15 PM

I hadn't thought of that! It's the obvious joke. Yeah, she'd be making a mistake trying to call Jonathon Ross' bluff. He had Patsy Kensit on the show recently and within minutes she was straddling him on the interview table demonstrating some resisitation method, much to the delight of the audience.

So either you'd end up with Tricia Helfer looking really embarassed or Jonathon Ross would end up with high-heel marks all over his back smile.gif

#7 AgentOnion

AgentOnion

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (SteveoUK @ Jun 14 2007, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hadn't thought of that! It's the obvious joke. Yeah, she'd be making a mistake trying to call Jonathon Ross' bluff. He had Patsy Kensit on the show recently and within minutes she was straddling him on the interview table demonstrating some resisitation method, much to the delight of the audience.

So either you'd end up with Tricia Helfer looking really embarassed or Jonathon Ross would end up with high-heel marks all over his back smile.gif

Yes, that could easily turn into a painful display of brinkmanship smile.gif
It's quite a provocative title for a film really. It's like calling a film "Twist My Nipples" or something. Still it's always good to see Tricia on screen. I wonder how big her part is though, or whether it's just some kind of cameo at the beginning.

#8 NathanAdams

NathanAdams

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:55 PM

Well in the press release it says Tricia is the dominatrix and Leelee Sobieski is impersonating her. So it could just be that Tricia appears once at the beginning or something. That would be a real shame since she is really captivating on Galactica when they give her the screen time (and they don't give her enough!). Looking at the cast list, Tricia Helfer is the only name I recognise, so I think she is really going to be the big star in this film. It would be kind of silly to give the star only a few minutes of screen time.

I hope she put her foot down (pun intended smile.gif ) and demanded to be in lots of scenes.

#9 StevenJMUK

StevenJMUK

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:13 PM

It's rather a kinky title for a film. I wonder if they will keep it, or change it to something less naughty. I can't imagine a huge poster stuck up in a Cinema with "Walk All Over Me" in big captial letters, or saying "Walk All Over Me" to the woman in the ticket office biggrin.gif Nathan is right though. It would be stupid to have Tricia Helfer as the big name and then not use her much.

#10 GenniferGrievous

GenniferGrievous

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (AgentOnion @ Jun 14 2007, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jonathan Ross: So, Tricia Helfer. Walk all over me [long comedy pause] is your latest film...

*chokes and spits up iced tea*

Oh boy, that was funny....

*waves hand in front of eyes*

Xena:Warrior Princess; Firefly/Serenity; BSG: TNS; Stargate: Atlantis; Farscape; SG-1

Authors: Robert Asprin; RA Salvatore; Piers Anthony; Robert Heinlein; Isaac Asimov; Frank Herbert

#11 GenniferGrievous

GenniferGrievous

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (whaa? @ Jun 14 2007, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
she played one in Xena: Warrior Princess first.

Xena as a dominatrix? Well, maybe that one scene in Heart of Darkness. Or as The Conqueror in the Hercules cross-over ep.

But Xena's a WHOLE 'nother topic altogether!!!

cool.gif

#12 AgentOnion

AgentOnion

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (GenniferGrievous @ Jun 14 2007, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*chokes and spits up iced tea*

Oh boy, that was funny....

*waves hand in front of eyes*

You laugh smile.gif, but that's exactly the kind of naughty stuff Jonathon Ross would do. I'm sure there are comedy interviewers in the States like Jay Leno who may be tempted to pull the same trick.

It looks like quite a small production company though. They've only done 3 films, so I wonder whether they could actually afford Tricia Helfer for more than one days filming, which in film terms is not enough time to put the boots on, let alone "Walk All Over" anyone! I hope I'm wrong. Tricia has really proven herself on Battlestar Galactica and should be getting bigger roles with more screen time.

#13 GenniferGrievous

GenniferGrievous

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (AgentOnion @ Jun 14 2007, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tricia has really proven herself on Battlestar Galactica and should be getting bigger roles with more screen time.

You ain't kidding!

Personally, I find her voice fascinating (never mind that I have a thing for voices anyways). She sounds so smooth and articulate...

I just rented MEMORY (which came out in 2005) from Netflix ... Billy Zane is the lead and Tricia's the dark-haired artistic girlfriend (there's a NICE story twist too)... recommended for TH fans.

#14 GenniferGrievous

GenniferGrievous

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (StevenJMUK @ Jun 14 2007, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
saying "Walk All Over Me" to the woman in the ticket office

I worked at a second-run movie theater when I was younger.... I can relate. We were showing Woody Allen's "Everyone says I love you" - the jokes got real old real fast, let me tell you!

wink.gif

I gotta get off this thread -- I get really chatty at times... so - my pardons.

#15 SteveoUK

SteveoUK

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:57 PM

She's really the obvious choice for a dominatrix though. I mean, if I was casting for a dominatrix (and it wasn't just a one-scene bit part) I'd go for Tricia Helfer. Of course, Anglelina Jolie looks like a dominatrix, but for a small production company she'd be too expensive (and she's already played one before).

#16 AgentOnion

AgentOnion

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (GenniferGrievous @ Jun 14 2007, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I worked at a second-run movie theater when I was younger.... I can relate. We were showing Woody Allen's "Everyone says I love you" - the jokes got real old real fast, let me tell you!

wink.gif
I gotta get off this thread -- I get really chatty at times... so - my pardons.

Hey, don't worry about being chatty. That's a good thing!

#17 NathanAdams

NathanAdams

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (SteveoUK @ Jun 14 2007, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She's really the obvious choice for a dominatrix though. I mean, if I was casting for a dominatrix (and it wasn't just a one-scene bit part) I'd go for Tricia Helfer. Of course, Anglelina Jolie looks like a dominatrix, but for a small production company she'd be too expensive (and she's already played one before).

I agree. She's definitely a bit of a dominatrix with Gaius. I can't think of anyone better suited on Galactica.
Maybe other people here would disagree though. Who do you think would be the best choice for a dominatrix in this film?

And Gennifer, Chat away! smile.gif

#18 GenniferGrievous

GenniferGrievous

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:19 PM

Awww, thanks, guy(s?)!!

QUOTE (SteveoUK @ Jun 14 2007, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope Tricia doesn't get type-cast as The Beautiful Tough Ball-buster though (not that I dislike her in that role, oh, believe you me, I like it very much). But she has SUCH a tender side too (she speaks volumes with her face; she's mesmerizing).

/start fangirl mode

#19 SteveoUK

SteveoUK

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (NathanAdams @ Jun 14 2007, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. She's definitely a bit of a dominatrix with Gaius. I can't think of anyone better suited on Galactica.
Maybe other people here would disagree though. Who do you think would be the best choice for a dominatrix in this film?

And Gennifer, Chat away! smile.gif

Since it's a small company, they can't really cast outside of their budget, so that rules out Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman etc etc.
I don't know about Famke Janssen though. She looks like a dominatrix (and has been given Villianess roles a few times) and is probably within the budget.
I'd still prefer Tricia in the role though.

#20 GenniferGrievous

GenniferGrievous

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (NathanAdams @ Jun 14 2007, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who do you think would be the best choice for a dominatrix in this film?

Well, I AM a long-time (12 years!) Lucy Lawless fan too -- wink.gif --- but even she didn't get me watchin' BSG; friends of mine kept quoting the show and I finally just rented - and bought - Seasons 1 & 2; so, no , I haven't seen S3 yet!

However, Tricia KEPT me watching...

(I wonder how many times she's heard THAT before. Probably a lot.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users