#101 Penguinkeeper

Penguinkeeper

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:57 PM

plattitudeseeker,
you might want to point out which areas we should look at, because all's I can really see is light refractions. It would help everyone decipher what areas you are talking about.
DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK!

*Disclaimer* I am not being mean, I just enjoy humor.

Now, who wants pie?

#102 plattitudeseeker

plattitudeseeker

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:02 PM

the photo of the window, does anyone see any faces or just reflections

The photo with the quilt hoop, the two lights my be orbs and are in every picture I take of that area, but move around a bit. So, it isn't dust, but it has been suggested that some sort of lens refraction?

These were taken at about 6 pm today.

Plat

#103 DarkVisions

DarkVisions

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Penguinkeeper @ Jul 16 2007, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
plattitudeseeker,
you might want to point out which areas we should look at, because all's I can really see is light refractions. It would help everyone decipher what areas you are talking about.

The first photo i just see the reflection of the quilts in windows, the second just looks like light refractions, not orbs. Maybe you could take a few more at diffrent angles. smile.gif

#104 scribey

scribey

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:13 PM

You know when I look at the wood/scraggle pile, I can see all sorts of odd figurative things. Not that I think they are of course. It is like seeing figures in cloud formations.

#105 cowbud1

cowbud1

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (scribey @ Jul 16 2007, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know when I look at the wood/scraggle pile, I can see all sorts of odd figurative things. Not that I think they are of course. It is like seeing figures in cloud formations.

Yeah me too,but my imagination sees faces and stuff all the time when they arent there.Then there are two small lights in the left bottom corner,are they reflection?or something else.

could the eyes/red lights you saw be a reflection?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

katie

#106 kellybug

kellybug

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:33 PM

In the first pic I did not see anything till you said a face or reflection...I looked again and I can kinda see a face down in the bottom right side. Half in the window and curtains. It looks like a reflection to me. With the glass, lighting, outside area, and the (beautiful) quilt pieces kinda combined to my tired eyes. Also, when you said it and I looked again is when i noticed it. I am sure it was matrixing on my part. MHO, reflections and trick of your lights.
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SERVE TO KEEP US SAFE AND FREE!
]Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#107 DarkVisions

DarkVisions

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (kellybug @ Jul 16 2007, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the first pic I did not see anything till you said a face or reflection...I looked again and I can kinda see a face down in the bottom right side. Half in the window and curtains. It looks like a reflection to me. With the glass, lighting, outside area, and the (beautiful) quilt pieces kinda combined to my tired eyes. Also, when you said it and I looked again is when i noticed it. I am sure it was matrixing on my part. MHO, reflections and trick of your lights.

I also took a second look at the picture of the window, in the bottom right corner it does look like a face. ohmy.gif

#108 necreoinphreak

necreoinphreak

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 544 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:25 PM

I see reflections, and I also see a red "face" in the bottom right corner where the glass is cracked. You may want to consider moving all of the pink and red colored objects from the area and taking more photos to determine whether it is still appears.

#109 emeraldwitch

emeraldwitch

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:12 PM

I know that i said to get a box cam and take pixs but. it looks like the flash is causing too much reflections-- I am only a wanta be photographer, but i do have over 2.000$ worth of cam equip. and have had lots of photos come out with bad reflections causeing flares and rainbow glares and all kinda weird stuff. but the other poster who said to remove all your fabric squares and reds and even pinks and oranges from the room before shooting will help. if you can get some one with a digital cam and make sure that the flash is disabled. and the cam is set to low light . I would feel better about some of the *faces* that you can make out in and by the wood pile... I surely know how much the dark and things can get you to seeing things. about a week ago i had to go out and lock up the chicken pen, cuz I forgot untill about 11:30 at nite-- now I do know that there are a few bear siteings within a block of here and a friend has seen a cougar several times in her back yard(she does live out from town a ways* but after seeing the pic she took it is very clearly a cougar(the dnr says we don't have them around here). and i have checked they have a range of about 10 to 20 miles(radius). she only lives about 4 miles from me--so i do take my big flash light with me== well after locking them up i heard a loud rush of sound like something snorted-- when i swong the lite that way -- it was only a deer eating my beans. and it ran away. but then i saw in my little woods two large red eyes glowing. scared the you know what out of me, but instead of running to get the hubby and the shotgun, i noted that my two cats where right there not hissing or growling or anything ( they will hiss and growl at the racoons and possums and skunks- the only think i get scared of running into at nite.lol- ) so i deceided to get a little closer as they were not even blinking or moving == i got closer and closer--- only to find out that i was stalking my soon to be son-in-laws dune buggy trailer. so sometimes i think that we need to step back and get a little grip. get more info before flipping out. p/s i am not making any kinda fun of you at all i hope that you know that you have all my support and i want you to be happy with your home. emerald
The bigger the village--- the more idiots you have to keep an eye on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
all things typed here on the bb are just my opinion.

#110 vonkarolinas

vonkarolinas

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (emeraldwitch @ Jul 14 2007, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
get some sea salt and put a line at all the windows and thresholds-- dosn't have to be large just a thin line-- say this in your head or out loud whichever makes you feel better-- * keep out all evil and all that would cause me evil* it is a warding to keep you safe.. p/s it works no matter what you have faith in. I may be a wiccan but, my mom is a lutheran and she has used this to help with a problem she had. any which way it won't hurt. also get a cheap box camera-it could be neighbor hood kids trying to freak you out.

I may be a little rusty, but isn't that supposed to be black sea salt?

#111 vonkarolinas

vonkarolinas

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (LugoMan @ Jul 14 2007, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly, I too don't mean to denigrate myself, but when I first came here it was straight on topic, intelligent discussion, jokes would slip in here and there but it stayed on topic for the most part.

If you go to other forums on this site, it's not like what this one has become which only goes to show, to me that people are losing interest in the show and only going through the motions as viewers much like TAPS appears to be going through the motions until the contracts run their course.

I'm not losing interest in the show, it's just that I like to talk about other things and some of the people I can only talk to in these forums, but I of course take care to clearly mark my OT threads as OT. And I also do some serious posting and...oh, that wasn't meant for me...shutting up now.

#112 emeraldwitch

emeraldwitch

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Von Karolinas @ Jul 16 2007, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I may be a little rusty, but isn't that supposed to be black sea salt?

well I looked into the sea salt-- all salt is supposed to ward off evil-- i haven't heard that one kinda sea salt is better than the other..I would like to say that the closer to home you can get the better(think global buy local or eat local). but if you were in new orleans the best thing for repeling evil is red brick dust.. I do know that many wiccans and pagans think that sea salt is best because all things started in the sea aka the big birth waters but don't quote me asmany different religens all think different things ok... p/s my hubby says that if you are *in the carolinas* please visit Myrtle Beach and lay on the beach for him he misses it...LOL
The bigger the village--- the more idiots you have to keep an eye on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#113 plattitudeseeker

plattitudeseeker

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:49 PM

Even with the pictures, the first time I saw the red "demon" face in the window, the windows were up. So, that leaves out reflection on that one.

I don't know what to make of it all. My "orbs" are probably some kind of lens thing with the camera. I am not a big picture taker. I am still scared to photograph at night. I am not in the mood to go in there tonight. I tried to sew today, but too distracted with the stuff. It did feel clearer or not as stuffy after the pictures though. I don't know if that means anything. I didn't feel like anything was mean spirited, just hovering and watching. But, not oppressive.

I can pick out several possible faces in the woodsy picture. Something has been out there and knocked over some of my wood pile. Right in front of the sewing room window. Probably some animal looking for other critters in the wood pile. Had to be something kind of big though.

I hope some of the taps people read some of this. I'd like their opinion on everything. I don't know when the paranormal people will be in contact with me, the local ones.

Not in Myrtle Beach, sorry, can't lay on the beach for anyone. Live in NC.

That is about all I have to add for the moment.

Plat

#114 emeraldwitch

emeraldwitch

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (plattitudeseeker @ Jul 16 2007, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even with the pictures, the first time I saw the red "demon" face in the window, the windows were up. So, that leaves out reflection on that one.

I don't know what to make of it all. My "orbs" are probably some kind of lens thing with the camera. I am not a big picture taker. I am still scared to photograph at night. I am not in the mood to go in there tonight. I tried to sew today, but too distracted with the stuff. It did feel clearer or not as stuffy after the pictures though. I don't know if that means anything. I didn't feel like anything was mean spirited, just hovering and watching. But, not oppressive.

I can pick out several possible faces in the woodsy picture. Something has been out there and knocked over some of my wood pile. Right in front of the sewing room window. Probably some animal looking for other critters in the wood pile. Had to be something kind of big though.

I hope some of the taps people read some of this. I'd like their opinion on everything. I don't know when the paranormal people will be in contact with me, the local ones.

Not in Myrtle Beach, sorry, can't lay on the beach for anyone. Live in NC.

That is about all I have to add for the moment.

Plat
Having chickens here in Michigan i know how bad the racoons can be I have had them move cinder blocks that held the plywood board in place. and had them also open the big trash bins with the handles that lock over the lid so i never dismiss racoons from any equasiton(again with the poor spelling sorry) i also know that many paranormal groups say that to look for and see faces and figures in random patterns is human nature.. so it is hard to ssay if what i see is real p/s it kinda looks like a toad face in the wood pile on the far right.....

#115 emeraldwitch

emeraldwitch

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (emeraldwitch @ Jul 16 2007, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Having chickens here in Michigan i know how bad the racoons can be I have had them move cinder blocks that held the plywood board in place. and had them also open the big trash bins with the handles that lock over the lid so i never dismiss racoons from any equasiton(again with the poor spelling sorry) i also know that many paranormal groups say that to look for and see faces and figures in random patterns is human nature.. so it is hard to ssay if what i see is real p/s it kinda looks like a toad face in the wood pile on the far right.....

p/ss the ? about the beach was for von karolinas sorry

#116 Freeman74

Freeman74

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:59 AM

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Pareidolia

A phenomenon that we have evolved to use. Its speculated that it is for infants to recognize their mother's face and form a bond easier.

Basically the same as matrixing. My personal opinion is that Grant just made up the word because he didn't know there was already a term for it. I have not seen any definition of matrixing that matches Grant's outside the realm of Ghost Hunting.

Anyway, humans are very good at seeing patterns in randomness. We developed them over time as survival techniques.
The plural of anecdote is not data.

#117 sonofempyre

sonofempyre

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:10 AM

freeman- i have nothing more to add. your last two posts summed up my thoughts quite nicely.

-empyre.
"God isn't interested in technology. He cares nothing for the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time, forty-three species of parrots! Nipples for men!"
"Slugs."
"Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?"

-time bandits

#118 Freeman74

Freeman74

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:15 AM

For completeness we cannot rule out.........

Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!
The plural of anecdote is not data.

#119 sonofempyre

sonofempyre

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (Freeman74 @ Jul 17 2007, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For completeness we cannot rule out.........
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

that just totally made my day. i even heard it in the rick moranis voice.

outstanding.

-empyre.
"God isn't interested in technology. He cares nothing for the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time, forty-three species of parrots! Nipples for men!"
"Slugs."
"Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?"

-time bandits

#120 mst3kster

mst3kster

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (returnofempyre @ Jul 16 2007, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i did see that, tipi. my big worry is neurological, though, and diet or environmental factors probably wouldn't play into that. (i was thinking much nastier things, such as cancer or schizophrenia. i'm a dark little monkey.)

my advice to you, tipi? more chocolate. ALWAYS more chocolate. and rum. smile.gif

-empyre.

Plat, if you do seek medical advice, I would go to an infectious disease doctor first. They specialize in testing for things like cancers and other diseases and also neurological and psychological disorders too.

After screwing around for over a year with various doctors, I finally went to one. He referred me to an oncologist who performed a bone marrow biopsy on me. He found that I have MGUS. This oncologist then referred me to a neurologist who is treating me for headaches due to a fall (I ended up having have spinal cord surgery) and also due to stress. Finally, after more than eight years my bad headaches are few and far between.

One last thing. Do research first in finding a good doctor. Early on, one labeled me with having migraines, but never tested me for them. Do you know how frickin' hard it is to shake a label like that?

Whatever you do, best of luck and keep us all updated.

P.S. empyre, I'm not putting you down here. Your reply was a good thoughtful one (for a dark little monkey). It's just that your post was two pages ago.

Be yourself. Nobody else wants to be you.

Another day--another dollar's worth of work.

Being persnickety is just plain stinko.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users