Photo

Rumors...Dark Shadows MOVIE, starring.....

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 VickiWintersBradford

VickiWintersBradford

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:53 PM

JOHNNY DEPP (a/k/a Capt. Jack Sparrow) as Barnabas Collins? Has anyone else heard? (That would be just too delicious
a prospect!) rolleyes.gif
I haven't been on the board in a while and was surprised to see how much the format here changed. I'm glad to find y'all again.

#2 MissyPittyKitty

MissyPittyKitty

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (VickiWintersBradford @ Jul 31 2007, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
JOHNNY DEPP (a/k/a Capt. Jack Sparrow) as Barnabas Collins? Has anyone else heard? (That would be just too delicious
I haven't been on the board in a while and was surprised to see how much the format here changed. I'm glad to find y'all again.

Johnny Depp evidently bought the rights to make a movie - it's true!

#3 vampsunite

vampsunite

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (VickiWintersBradford @ Jul 31 2007, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeap it's true and the movie is planned for 2009 or 2010. I like the idea of Depp playing Barnabas Collins. smile.gif

#4 SIDONIAN

SIDONIAN

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:29 PM

First, I would like to say that I am as big a fan of the show as any of you, and second, ANY current interest in DS is a good thing. However, I would rather see a current storyline with new ideas based on the first series, and not just another re-telling of the original. We've already had the original series, the story was re-told in a movie, then the 1991 revival, then the recent remake (although it never aired or went to theaters). That's 3 remakes of the same story plus the original. Rather than a fourth rehashing, I'd like to see something creative such as a modern day sequal based on the original series - sort of a 'Dark Shadows: The Next Generation' type of thing. Some of the original cast could be in it, some of the characters could be re-cast with some imaginative thinking. We've all had some great ideas in the past, and I wish they would be picked up on; ie., Carolyn is mistress of Collinwood, David, Amy, Hallie, all grown up with David married to one of them and the other one could be 'the other woman'. And, since Amy carries the werewolf genes there could always be another werewolf storyline. There are many possibilites.

#5 catsaregreat

catsaregreat

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:08 AM

Johnny Depp would ruin the whole series. He is too much of a big star to be in such a perfect series.

#6 MissyPittyKitty

MissyPittyKitty

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (dsbarnabasfan @ Aug 7 2007, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeap it's true and the movie is planned for 2009 or 2010. I like the idea of Depp playing Barnabas Collins. smile.gif

I will put all of my faith into Johnny Depp, and trust him to bring the best he can to the big screen. Remember "Sleepy Hollow"? What a great job he, and the others, did with that old story. Go, Johnny, go!!!

#7 fresk

fresk

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (VickiWintersBradford @ Jul 31 2007, 01:53 PM) JOHNNY DEPP (a/k/a Capt. Jack Sparrow) as Barnabas Collins? Has anyone else heard? (That would be just too delicious
a prospect!) Posted Image

Johnny Depp evidently bought the rights to make a movie - it's true!

wow that is quite good news,now jhonny depp makes his own films,love to watch movies done by him,if any one want to get here jhonny depp movies for free,i know a site where you can download movies for free,mostly i prefer this site to get my favorite flicks.

http://www.moviesorb.com/

#8 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,389 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:31 PM

More news about the movie:

Kathryn Leigh Scott will make a cameo in the film.

Dark Shadows: Kathryn Leigh Scott Is Still Under Barnabas’ Spell

Posted Image

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2015 as the Year We Move On.

#9 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,389 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:35 PM

Here's the IMDB link for the film: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1077368/

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

#10 knightmustfall

knightmustfall

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

More news about the movie:

Kathryn Leigh Scott will make a cameo in the film.

Dark Shadows: Kathryn Leigh Scott Is Still Under Barnabas’ Spell

Posted Image

Kathryn still looks great! The 90s DS revival had a sexier, darker Maggie than as portrayed by KLS..I hope Burton reverts to the original..I left a comment at that site which I'll share here too. According to imdb, the late actor/game show host Bert Convy was being seriously considered for the role of Barnabas, but lost out to Jonathan Frid for what was originally going to be a 3 week stint..and the rest as they say...

#11 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,389 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:59 PM

I have to say that KLS has aged gracefully, and beautifully!
I'm really looking forward to this especialy since some of the original actors will have cameos.

#12 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,389 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

From Blastr: Check out nearly unrecognizable Johnny Depp in new Dark Shadows pic

Posted Image

#13 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,389 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

From Blastr: 1st (extremely brief, extremely tantalizing) Dark Shadows footage

Don't blink or you'll miss it.

#14 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,389 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

Here's the trailer:

---------------
I have to admit the trailer started off really good, my only concern was they made Barnabas too pasty-white, and his long nails and quick rise out of the coffin reminded me of the film Nosferatu. Then IMO it got worse. If that trailer is an accurate representative sample of the film, then they took a serious and classic gothic story about the tragedy of Barnabas Collins and the Collins family and turned Dark Shadows into a spoof. I've enjoyed most of Tim Burton's films, but why did he have to re-imagine a classic as a comedy?

It's like JJ's Star Trek (INO) all over again! Please tell me I'm dreaming a nightmare. :(

Viewers comments on YouTube: http://www.youtube.c...s?v=upSANQs12p0

I used to take the subway to Manhattan while the show was still on the air to meet the actors and actresses outside of ABC Studio: http://forums.syfy.c...dpost&p=5819667

Some of my DS memorabilia: http://forums.syfy.c...dpost&p=6288330

#15 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,389 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

From Blastr: 1st trailer for Burton's Dark Shadows bizarrely brings on the funny

This is not Dark Shadows. It's seems more like The Addams Family. :(

#16 rg1960

rg1960

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

Trailer makes this look very lame...so lame I do not even cae to see it. (and Dark Shadows--campy and all--my favorite show of all time )

#17 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,389 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

Trailer makes this look very lame...so lame I do not even cae to see it. (and Dark Shadows--campy and all--my favorite show of all time )

Many DS fans feels the same way. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users