347 replies to this topic

#1 bo130

bo130

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:09 PM

O.k., I've done a little bit of digging around and I have not been able to find any topics about Brian Harnois departure from TAPS.

The official forum's stance is that Brian Harnois is a non-topic. In other words, they won't let people discuss him anymore.

Along with that, TAPS has claimed that there was a definet reason why he was let go. And apparently that differs from what Brian Harnois has been claiming.

I'm just curious if anyone has any information on this at all.

#2 Beheader

Beheader

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (bo130 @ Aug 5 2007, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
O.k., I've done a little bit of digging around and I have not been able to find any topics about Brian Harnois departure from TAPS.

The official forum's stance is that Brian Harnois is a non-topic. In other words, they won't let people discuss him anymore.

Along with that, TAPS has claimed that there was a definet reason why he was let go. And apparently that differs from what Brian Harnois has been claiming.

What do you mean ? He and his wife has just had a baby , so he has taken time off.
" Duuude what was that !!!! Did you see that ?!! ... No ? oh well neremind then .. "

#3 Dreamsinger

Dreamsinger

Muppet of Science

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (bo130 @ Aug 5 2007, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There were some threads discussing this and while I can find them with a search, I get an error when trying to open them. Makes me suspect more of the TAPS PR machine, manipulating their image, and if what you say is true about him being a non-topic on the TAPS forum, only cements those ideas even further.

From what I saw of the whole ordeal is that there has been a parting of the ways. Brian's version I saw was that he left to pursue other opportunities. Jason's version was that he was fired.

#4 bo130

bo130

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (dreamsinger1997 @ Aug 5 2007, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There were some threads discussing this and while I can find them with a search, I get an error when trying to open them. Makes me suspect more of the TAPS PR machine, manipulating their image, and if what you say is true about him being a non-topic on the TAPS forum, only cements those ideas even further.

From what I saw of the whole ordeal is that there has been a parting of the ways. Brian's version I saw was that he left to pursue other opportunities. Jason's version was that he was fired.

Thanks for the reply, Dreamsinger. As I read in more detail at the official forum I guess the members of TAPS are allowed to talk about it (you can message them, apparenty). Jason and Grant have said that he has been let go, and that they don't have any desire to go into more detail unless it 'becomes necessary', or words to that effect. So yeah, I'd agree that he was fired.

I also should correct myself in that according to TAPS, they say that they (Jason and Grant and other TAPS) know why he was fired, and that everything else is rampant rumor. I guess Brian has not publicly gone into detail about why they parted ways. (contractual, I bet)

I can see Brian being fired for just being, well... Brian. But it sounds like it was a little more severe than what had Brian leave the group before.

#5 cowbud1

cowbud1

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Beheader @ Aug 5 2007, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you mean ? He and his wife has just had a baby , so he has taken time off.

um no he was either let go or he quit.and a few others about the same time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

katie

#6 Beheader

Beheader

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:45 PM

ok ,
" Duuude what was that !!!! Did you see that ?!! ... No ? oh well neremind then .. "

#7 Deck_Officer

Deck_Officer

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:59 PM

On some TAPS Magazine DVD disc, there's some 10 minute look at was goes on during an investigation, and Jason says on the disc that Brian was acting up, and missing cases again, and that the group was going to vote to let him stay.
"Have you been spying on me, on my own ship?" - Commander Adama

#8 chad 386

chad 386

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:41 PM

Check this out. Project X: the Gathering

looks like Brian and company are starting to ride the cash wave created by TAPS.

I know Brian was scheduled a few months ago to be at ComicCon here in town by himself to give a talk. He cancelled due to "sickness."

I think Jay and Grant (read Jay) finally got tired of his extracurricular, non TAPS approved appearances; especially if he wasn't giving them their cut. I'm sure big boy Jay is furious, but he really doesn't have a legal leg to stand on unless Brian were to use his or Grant's name, the TAPS logo, or the Ghosthunters name in his appearances.

Something else interesting is that Andy, Donna, and Brian are starting something called "the Project." I bet Jay is hard as hell to work with. He reminds me of an alpha male gorilla with Down's syndrome. Just an average, underwhelming guy who happened to be at the right place at the right time. But he'll be damned if anyone he made famous branch out on their own. I think if he and Grant were more reasonable guys, you wouldn't see this mass exodus of cast/support members. What do you guys think?

here's a link to donna's blog about the Gathering thingy.

#9 bo130

bo130

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (chad 386 @ Aug 5 2007, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check this out. Project X: the Gathering

looks like Brian and company are starting to ride the cash wave created by TAPS.

I know Brian was scheduled a few months ago to be at ComicCon here in town by himself to give a talk. He cancelled due to "sickness."

I think Jay and Grant (read Jay) finally got tired of his extracurricular, non TAPS approved appearances; especially if he wasn't giving them their cut. I'm sure big boy Jay is furious, but he really doesn't have a legal leg to stand on unless Brian were to use his or Grant's name, the TAPS logo, or the Ghosthunters name in his appearances.

Something else interesting is that Andy, Donna, and Brian are starting something called "the Project." I bet Jay is hard as hell to work with. He reminds me of an alpha male gorilla with Down's syndrome. Just an average, underwhelming guy who happened to be at the right place at the right time. But he'll be damned if anyone he made famous branch out on their own. I think if he and Grant were more reasonable guys, you wouldn't see this mass exodus of cast/support members. What do you guys think?
here's a link to donna's blog about the Gathering thingy.

I'm not quite so certain that the mass-exodus. Donna's group was, at least at first, female-centric (it was originally just her and two of the other girls from TAPS) And then suddenly Andy and then Brian is involved. I don't know if Donna is now fronting two seperate groups (doubt it) but I do recall that she went out of her way to say that her departure was completely issue-free. (there was some speculation along those lines)

I agree about Andy. I almost stopped watching because of him. Early (season 1 and 2-ish) TAPS had a great deal of interpersonal drama, and I thought that Andy's in particular was always petty.

#10 chad 386

chad 386

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (bo130 @ Aug 5 2007, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not quite so certain that the mass-exodus. Donna's group was, at least at first, female-centric (it was originally just her and two of the other girls from TAPS) And then suddenly Andy and then Brian is involved. I don't know if Donna is now fronting two seperate groups (doubt it) but I do recall that she went out of her way to say that her departure was completely issue-free. (there was some speculation along those lines)

I agree about Andy. I almost stopped watching because of him. Early (season 1 and 2-ish) TAPS had a great deal of interpersonal drama, and I thought that Andy's in particular was always petty.

I agree with you on that. He came across as overly skittish to me, which was very annoying. Be a man, Andy! tongue.gif

#11 trevics

trevics

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:30 AM

Um, it's because he's ***.

#12 DavyMack

DavyMack

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (chad 386 @ Aug 5 2007, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

agreed. He seems like a typical alpha dog control freak who surrounds himself with smaller (and shorter) guys or guys who are much more submissive in their personalities, "yes men".
I would LOVE to hear the real reason behind their departure and am actually quite surprised that Brian hasn't spilled the beans. Must be some serious legal stuff hovering over them. I could totally picture Jason suing Bri if he said ANYTHING negative. Probably had stuff in their contract through SciFi.
One day, some disgruntled tech person, (cameraman, sound guy...) will let the proverbial cat out of the bag. Wouldn't surprise me to eventually see outtakes show up like MH had showing them faking things...
FranBro rockin' the house....
CD coming soon...!

http://www.myspace.com/franbro

sister's tunes with me on the instruments

http://www.myspace.com/yesfrancesca

#13 DavyMack

DavyMack

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:47 AM

Whoops! DP
FranBro rockin' the house....
CD coming soon...!

http://www.myspace.com/franbro

sister's tunes with me on the instruments

http://www.myspace.com/yesfrancesca

#14 Stacia

Stacia

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (dreamsinger1997 @ Aug 5 2007, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also couldn't find anything on a search here, but went back to look at the LiveJournal GH group and what dreamsinger said is correct. On June 11th someone noticed Brian's MySpace had a new post which said he had quit GH so he could spend time with his family. (A poster on LiveJournal said she spoke with Brian directly and he told her the same thing. I'm not really sure who she is or how she knows Brian, though.)

After Brian's MySpace post appeared, apparently Jason posted a retort on his own MySpace that said Brian didn't quit, he was fired, and he was obviously mad that Brian was "lying" about it. He implied we'd all find out what happened in a future episode. Jason took his post down later that day, and Brian eventually deleted his, too. You used to be able to see Brian's in Google archives but that disappeared a couple weeks ago.

The weird thing was that Brian was allegedly let go in December and no one released that info. The fans didn't know until June when Brian said he quit. I think Brian only mentioned it because they were just about to reveal The Project, but that's speculation on my part.
Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer.

#15 mrjoecat

mrjoecat

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (Stacia @ Aug 6 2007, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The weird thing was that Brian was allegedly let go in December and no one released that info. The fans didn't know until June when Brian said he quit. I think Brian only mentioned it because they were just about to reveal The Project, but that's speculation on my part.

It was talked about on this board as far back as February / March. Donna's departure was discussed in November, right after the Stanley Halloween special.

#16 bo130

bo130

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Stacia @ Aug 6 2007, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also couldn't find anything on a search here, but went back to look at the LiveJournal GH group and what dreamsinger said is correct. On June 11th someone noticed Brian's MySpace had a new post which said he had quit GH so he could spend time with his family. (A poster on LiveJournal said she spoke with Brian directly and he told her the same thing. I'm not really sure who she is or how she knows Brian, though.)

After Brian's MySpace post appeared, apparently Jason posted a retort on his own MySpace that said Brian didn't quit, he was fired, and he was obviously mad that Brian was "lying" about it. He implied we'd all find out what happened in a future episode. Jason took his post down later that day, and Brian eventually deleted his, too. You used to be able to see Brian's in Google archives but that disappeared a couple weeks ago.
I remember reading Brian's post in his myspace account. I think it said something to the effect that he left and that he had new opportunities that had sprung up. Of course he didn't mention anything about being fired.

He also said that, contractually, he was not allowed to reveal that he left TAPS until recently. (this summer).

#17 bo130

bo130

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (Davy Mack @ Aug 6 2007, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
agreed. He seems like a typical alpha dog control freak who surrounds himself with smaller (and shorter) guys or guys who are much more submissive in their personalities, "yes men".
I would LOVE to hear the real reason behind their departure and am actually quite surprised that Brian hasn't spilled the beans. Must be some serious legal stuff hovering over them. I could totally picture Jason suing Bri if he said ANYTHING negative. Probably had stuff in their contract through SciFi.
One day, some disgruntled tech person, (cameraman, sound guy...) will let the proverbial cat out of the bag. Wouldn't surprise me to eventually see outtakes show up like MH had showing them faking things...
This was what was posted on the "offical" board as to the reasons for his departure:

This is going to be the only post regarding Brian leaving the show. I called Jason to get the okay to post it.

I don't want any other threads created about Brian or why he left or bashing Brian or TAPS for him leaving. If a new thread is created, you will receive a warning.

"TAPS and Brian came to an agreement and thought it best for Brian to leave TAPS and Ghost Hunters"

Brian was asked to leave TAPS and the show GhostHunters for numerous issues which we will try not to get into unless we have to.
Feel free to ask, Tango, Dustin, Steve, Grant, myself and numerous production crew members.
He can state what he wants and anyone can believe either but some have proven track records with the facts.

We are trying to keep this honest and polite but can only do so if certain people stop be dishonest with the fans. It was within our best interests to remove him. At least we know the truth.

At least I have stated the facts. We want to wish him the best with future endeavors.

#18 javadude

javadude

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (chad 386 @ Aug 5 2007, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bet Jay is hard as hell to work with.

Here's a great quote from the Ghost Hunters IMDB memorable quotes page that seems appropriate.

"Donna LaCroix: Jason is like a brother to me... A very mean brother. "

http://imdb.com/title/tt0426697/quotes

#19 lastcigarette

lastcigarette

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (bo130 @ Aug 6 2007, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This was what was posted on the "offical" board as to the reasons for his departure:

This is going to be the only post regarding Brian leaving the show. I called Jason to get the okay to post it.

I don't want any other threads created about Brian or why he left or bashing Brian or TAPS for him leaving. If a new thread is created, you will receive a warning.

"TAPS and Brian came to an agreement and thought it best for Brian to leave TAPS and Ghost Hunters"

Brian was asked to leave TAPS and the show GhostHunters for numerous issues which we will try not to get into unless we have to.
Feel free to ask, Tango, Dustin, Steve, Grant, myself and numerous production crew members.
He can state what he wants and anyone can believe either but some have proven track records with the facts.

We are trying to keep this honest and polite but can only do so if certain people stop be dishonest with the fans. It was within our best interests to remove him. At least we know the truth.

At least I have stated the facts. We want to wish him the best with future endeavors.

Makes you wonder if Brian is the one who has been faking **** and got caught. Still wouldn't explain the Manson stuff.
Posted Image

#20 ydnim

ydnim

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:52 PM

I think that as the show winds down (however long from now that may be), we may hear more and more, not just about this, but about everything behind the scenes of the show. As contracts expire, people almost always start talking about experiences. Brian may not be saying anything because he may still be under some sort of obligation.
Posted Image
Do you Dose?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users