Photo
- - - - -

Who/what was SHELLEY GODFREY?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Who/what was Shelley Godfrey? (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Which description reflects your take on the character?

1. A real person/human who worked with Dr. Anorak (1 votes [2.17%])

Percentage of vote: 2.17%

2. A Cylon copy stowed aboard the fleet (24 votes [52.17%])

Percentage of vote: 52.17%

3. A "drone" sent by the Final 5 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. A "drone" sent by Head Six (2 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

5. A manifestation of one of the Lords of Kobol (2 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

6. A manifestation of the Cylon "God" (1 votes [2.17%])

Percentage of vote: 2.17%

7. Head Six in disguise, temporarily appearing to more than just Baltar (13 votes [28.26%])

Percentage of vote: 28.26%

8. An alien being (0 votes [0.00%])

9. A collective hallucination of the BSG crew (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Other (write in) (3 votes [6.52%])

Percentage of vote: 6.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DaruMozu

DaruMozu

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,035 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:38 AM

Rewatching s1 can be illuminating and at the same time confounding.

Who was Shelley Godfrey?

Will we see her again?

#2 DaruMozu

DaruMozu

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,035 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:47 AM

Why did she seduce Adama?

How could she vanish so quickly?

#3 EYEofAERELON

EYEofAERELON

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:07 AM

It was quite obviously Head Six. That this Head Six is a supernatural being should be clear by now...
Posted Image
http://forums.scifi....owtopic=2268527 THX to HardParade for making this awesome Soprano spoof signature!!!
Posted Image

#4 frakkintoasterluuva

frakkintoasterluuva

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (Moonrider @ Aug 14 2007, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was quite obviously Head Six. That this Head Six is a supernatural being should be clear by now...

No, it shouldn't.

Head Six can only be seen by Baltar.

Shelley Godfrey was the same thing that Baltar's Cylon Detector and the Glowing Spine were:

GIANT PLOTHOLE.
You may abuse a tragedy, though you cannot write one. You may scold a carpenter who has made you a bad table, though you cannot make a table. It is not your trade to make tables.
- Samuel Johnson

Posted Image
Posted Image

The Triangle-From-Hell banner courtesy of Daria from ATS (Anti-Triangle Ship) from http://www.lost-forum.com

#5 Alex-the-Cylon

Alex-the-Cylon

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17,271 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (Daru Mozu @ Aug 14 2007, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why did she seduce Adama?

How could she vanish so quickly?

I think she was H6, she tried to seduce Adama to start a dubt about her, her intent wasn't to accuse Baltar but to convert him, if the humans would've believed her story too much too early, it've have been risky for Baltar himself, they could have executed him without a process.

If she's H6 it explains why she appears when H6 disappear and the opposite, so I think it's a good theory...
"You've buried both characters under a banal ton of details that only a a former Air Force Officer with a huge fetish for planes and ships and military stuff would care about."

Thanks Punchface!I loved this sentence!

#6 Alex-the-Cylon

Alex-the-Cylon

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17,271 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (frakkintoasterluuva @ Aug 14 2007, 05:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, it shouldn't.

Head Six can only be seen by Baltar.

Shelley Godfrey was the same thing that Baltar's Cylon Detector and the Glowing Spine were:

GIANT PLOTHOLE.

I disagree, there are a lot of hints about H6 being more than a allucination, she can manipulate objects, it's clear she's physical if she wants to. And she's supernatural for sure.
"You've buried both characters under a banal ton of details that only a a former Air Force Officer with a huge fetish for planes and ships and military stuff would care about."

Thanks Punchface!I loved this sentence!

#7 EYEofAERELON

EYEofAERELON

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (Alex_the_cylon @ Aug 14 2007, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I disagree, there are a lot of hints about H6 being more than a allucination, she can manipulate objects, it's clear she's physical if she wants to. And she's supernatural for sure.

That's it! Anything else would be very disappointing storytelling.
Posted Image
http://forums.scifi....owtopic=2268527 THX to HardParade for making this awesome Soprano spoof signature!!!
Posted Image

#8 DaruMozu

DaruMozu

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,035 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:16 PM

bump

#9 dawninmi

dawninmi

Psychohistorian

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,258 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:04 AM

I would say a drone sent by Head Six. But, I also thought she was thought up before the writers had a clear idea on who the twelve were going to be. Or, what exactly head six was going to be.

If she is a 'messenger of god', she might have known that Ms. Godfry was going to show up, and played to her. But, really don't think it was that well thought out.

We Are The Ones We've Been Waiting ForPosted ImageYes, We Can

#10 MHall

MHall

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,826 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:35 AM

One thing you have to understand is the true extent to which Head Six is manipulating events. You know the scenes with Head Six on Caprica in this episode? I'm absolutely sure that she recorded these scenes, in the flesh, on Caprica, before the attacks. (I'm certain the scenes are recorded by transmitting and archiving the sensory nerve signals of another Baltar... the one you call "Head Baltar," though he is also very real, just like Head Six.) So I'm sure Head Six had planned this whole episode before the attacks... before you even believe she existed!

So, I think Shelly Godfrey was Head Six in the flesh... or possibly not even in the flesh. Adama has Head Creatures, Baltar has Head Creatures, Tigh hears things, and Gaeta repeatedly does suspicious things, perhaps starting with this episode, where he suddenly vindicates Baltar once he prays to God. Did anyone else see Shelley? Tigh ordered two marines to follow Shelly, but again, Tigh hears things, and may have only thought he spoke to marines on the telephone. (I do believe that RDM had picked Tigh, if not the others, to be a probable Cylon from season 1.) The glasses could have been left by Baltar, whose motor nerves are well known to be remotely controllable (head bashing, necktie strangling, etc.)

Since I already firmly believe another Baltar exists and was on Caprica and in Baltar's apartment before the attacks, I have to wonder if the photo of Baltar placing a bomb in the defence mainframe was real - only not our Baltar.

And that weasely Gaeta... I so want to nail the guy to a cross, but he is slippery. He's definitely something. Maybe a Cylon agent or actual Cylon or "angel" of "God". In Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down, Tigh is like, "Gaeta, dude, has our reconnaissance detected any outgoing communications since it straightened out its flight pattern?" And Gaeta is like, "Yes, but it's likely just another distress signal. Pay no attention to the Cylon Raider's transmissions. These aren't the transmissions you're looking for. Move along." And Tigh is like, "I'm a Cylon. Mind tricks don't work on me! Only alcohol! Launch the alert fighters!"

#11 hansioux

hansioux

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:00 AM

After reading I am more convinced it's head six showing herself. So head six is not the Cylon god, but definitely some sort of supernatural being. She mentioned herself that is was angel sent by god to protect Baltar.

I am very interested to see what the writers will do with the head six and the head Baltar inside Caprica Six's head.

That being said, I am a little disappointed by how many of the main characters turned out to be Cylons. So please, leave some humans on the ship. Let Gaedar just have his Gaydar, and not turn into something else, Cylon, supernatural or otherwise...

#12 AdamaRoslinLoveChild

AdamaRoslinLoveChild

Psychohistorian

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,175 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (Daru Mozu @ Aug 14 2007, 04:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rewatching s1 can be illuminating and at the same time confounding.

Who was Shelley Godfrey?

Will we see her again?

According to some: SHELLEY GODFREY was LAURA ROSLIN.

ROSLINS MAO SUIT:

SHELLEY GODFREYS MAO SUIT:

Baltar told six/shelley she'd look better if she unbuttoned her top buttons...a few scenes later...ROSLIN DID JUST THAT.

Shelley went for ADAMA not BALTAR...and...she wore ROSLIN-ESQUE glasses...and don't forget ROSLIN overdosed herself and fainted around the time SHELLEY SHOWED up...projection perhaps(?)

Someone has the theory on their blog...

ARLC
......................................I heA/Rt them...

Posted Image

#13 MHall

MHall

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,826 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 09:00 AM

Wow. But what is "MAO"? When I search the Internet for MAO Galactica, I get pages talking about Mao Tse-Tung and Battlestar Galactica.

Edit: Oh, you do mean that Mao, as in Mao suit.

#14 AdamaRoslinLoveChild

AdamaRoslinLoveChild

Psychohistorian

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,175 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (MHall @ Dec 27 2007, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow. But what is "MAO"? When I search the Internet for MAO Galactica, I get pages talking about Mao Tse-Tung and Battlestar Galactica.

Edit: Oh, you do mean that Mao, as in Mao suit.

LOL...yes, I meant that Mao.

ARLC
......................................I heA/Rt them...

Posted Image

#15 JUMP DRIVES

JUMP DRIVES

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (AdamaRoslinLoveChild @ Dec 27 2007, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL...yes, I meant that Mao.
ARLC

wow. i love the mao suit theory. going back to the ep to see if shelley and roslin share any scenes.

i still think she was just another six copy. as razor demonstrated, promiscuity and creating close sexual bonds (while with gina it was a completely different approach with admiral cain) with people in important positions is a trait of the entire six line. when shelley went after adama it was in her "programming"

also cylons have shown amazing skill at evasion from pursuing forces (gina on cloud nine, athena on caprica, etc.) so her escape is not very noteworthy for me.
JUMP DRIVES!!!?!?!?!?!!?!!!?!
**helo shakes his head**

#16 hansioux

hansioux

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (JUMP DRIVES @ Dec 27 2007, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow. i love the mao suit theory. going back to the ep to see if shelley and roslin share any scenes.

i still think she was just another six copy. as razor demonstrated, promiscuity and creating close sexual bonds (while with gina it was a completely different approach with admiral cain) with people in important positions is a trait of the entire six line. when shelley went after adama it was in her "programming"

also cylons have shown amazing skill at evasion from pursuing forces (gina on cloud nine, athena on caprica, etc.) so her escape is not very noteworthy for me.

awesome theory.

tho sad to see that being called the Mao suit. oh well, Sun didn't live long enough it make it his own i suppose.

#17 katemarie777

katemarie777

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Alex_the_cylon @ Aug 14 2007, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
she can manipulate objects, it's clear she's physical if she wants to. And she's supernatural for sure.

Can h6 manipulilate objects or does Balter manipulate the objects/ events believing that h6 does this? Psychosis is a very tricky thing.

#18 Nazaleuna

Nazaleuna

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (Alex_the_cylon @ Aug 14 2007, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think she was H6, she tried to seduce Adama to start a dubt about her, her intent wasn't to accuse Baltar but to convert him, if the humans would've believed her story too much too early, it've have been risky for Baltar himself, they could have executed him without a process.

If she's H6 it explains why she appears when H6 disappear and the opposite, so I think it's a good theory...

I voted.
And I completely agree with you, Alex.
Obviously! ... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Posted Image Posted Image
Jr.Lt. Nazaleuna "Rezin" - Anti-Shipping Squadron
Quello che il bruco chiama Fine Del Mondo il resto del mondo chiama Farfalla. (Lao Tze)
comunque spero di non diventare farfalla tanto presto ...

#19 EnGal

EnGal

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:24 PM

Head six helped baltar commits suicide by pushing with her feet the things he was standing on ... Baltar could'nt have done it himself... :x

Posted Image

Posted Image

( Credit to Frakfest for the bomb)

#20 jongos

jongos

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 09:11 PM

I think she was just another Six. I think Baltar suffers from mental illness but his intellect is so high that it borders on foresight and mind reading, which is why when imaginary Six tells him the future or what other people are thinking, things happen exactly as she tells him. I don't think he's a Cylon, but he does have some kind of supernatural power that manifests to him as imaginary Six to help him mentally cope with everything he's done.
=====
"I want you to turn around and get your fat a.s.s. outta here!!!!" - Bill Adama to Lee Adama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users