• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#161 Clancy

Clancy

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:14 PM

If you scroll down to m2327's post you can see why I don't like Hyperlinks that well, too many websites have policies prohibiting hyper linking to pics files and sound bites FROM there websites. Her link is obviously broken, I still miss the old News group style Apache forums that allow binary attachments "In line as text" so the pic plays in the post independent of some other Bozo's website and policy. I learned this lesson when all my files at putfile.com went belly up. Never again will I subject myself to that situation, accept if I write my own Website and pay the hosting fees then I control the hyperlink rules. Of course Photo-bucket disallows audio binaries to show off evps, go figures.
A ghost hunters website that allows the posting of audio video and still pics independently is ripe for the market right now. As a network engineer I am tempted.
If I sense you are trying to control the way I think you are automatically considered a criminal in my passages. "To rob one of free thought is mans biggest mortal sin".

#162 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Tipi .. Can you tell me how to modifiy the number of topics you can see per pages?
I used to an "option" link all the way to the bottom but it's gone. Also there seems to be only one page of worth of topics.

#163 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

Not a problem, DeepVoid.
At the top of the list of topics there is a purple bar.
You can pick the way you view the forum there it lists: Recently Updated, Start Date, Most Replies, Most Viewed, and Custom.
Go to Custom.
There you can choose from Show Topic Type, Sort By, Sort Direction, and Time Frame.
Go under Time frame and Chose the one you want… I set mine to Show All.
After you have the settings they way you like check the box that says Remember Filters (if you don’t you will have to reset it each time you view the forum.)
And then click on Update Filters.
That should show you what you are looking for.

native2.gif

#164 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

Thanks! I appreciate it.

#165 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Did it work out the way you were trying for?

native2.gif

#166 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Tipi .. I noticed that some of our old regulars are still missing in action.
I suspect that it might have to do with the fact that the "Forums" link is not showing on the main page of Syfy's website.

Any idea why haven't they put back a link to the forums?

#167 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

That I haven't heard anything on.
I know it drives me nuts when I go to the main page and can't find the tab!

will ask.

native2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users