21 replies to this topic

#1 Zimrahil Gaeta

Zimrahil Gaeta

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:57 PM

Well I'm the only one I know that ever watched it, although I got a friend of mine hooked with reruns. It was such a fun concept and had, in my mind, some warm great characters in it. I always felt comfortable watching it, although there was occasionally interesting action. I love animals and interesting landscapes, plus the stories weren't half bad.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Amante di Alessandro | Beware of S.G.G. (Stealth Gaeta Goodness)
AlessandroJuliani.Com

#2 TheAncientOneToo

TheAncientOneToo

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:44 PM

I really enjoyed the show too. I often found the subplots with the Ancient One and the Sorceress the most interesting parts but I loved all of it.

#3 Amazo

Amazo

Caprican

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:46 PM

Yeah i really enjoyed the atomsphere and some characters like the women who protected the animals.

#4 cwo3thomas

cwo3thomas

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:05 PM

Its not a popular show, it would go good with a younger crowd.
The Things That We Believe In The Most Are Things We Should Question The Hardest.

What are we going to do in 20 years when an entire generation has been taught only to the level of the least
intelligent/able to learn person?

"Most universities are no longer temples of knowledge, but of power, and true moderns worship there." Dean Koontz

#5 Jkrwild

Jkrwild

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:36 PM

I also liked the show, though my wife gives me a hard time about it. But, that never bothered me, I thought it was good. I really liked the landscape of the show. The story was good as well, I really liked it when the orginal Dar showed up and was helping with along the way.
Jason

“A nineteenth-century scientist, Thomas Huxley , once asked, 'If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, then how much knowledge does a person need before they're safe?' ... My guess, a whole helluva lot.” - Darien Fawkes - Invisible Man

#6 ognonamis

ognonamis

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:01 AM

Well, we have something in common. I am the only one I know who watches the show as well. Overall, I think it is a great show. I love animals so thats one reason. Also, the landscapes were fantastic. I loved the overall story too. I do have to admit....they could have done more with it...namely ran the show longer. i hate it when i get into a show and it ends or gets cancelled.

that being said...i also dont mind seeing Daniel Goddard and Jackson Raine....they are pretty hott so thats nice too.

#7 parkerfrankb

parkerfrankb

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:07 PM

I can respect that. I watched Sheena simply to see Gena Lee Nolan running around in a fur bikini.

that being said...i also dont mind seeing Daniel Goddard and Jackson Raine....they are pretty hott so thats nice too.
[/quote]

#8 Jax420

Jax420

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:57 AM

I stumbled across Beastmaster over two years ago. I was flipping through channels on the crappy cable service we had (it was a small town, so really had limited channels), and nothing was on. I came across a glance at the show, and kept watching, and didn't stop until the mini-marathon of a string of episodes ended. I was hooked! I luckily caught it back when they aired the show in the daytime on SciFi. Now I DVR the episodes if I'm not up when they come up.

This show is up definitely up there in one of my top favorite shows of all time. The character of Dar is such a positive, inspiring role model. I love everything about the show...from the characters and animals that make you care, to the battle scenes, to the special effects, to the plots, to the editing and directing. It's great all-around, and could've easily been a phenomenon had it gotten more of the chance to be.

Oh, and for the record, I was the only one I knew who watched it for 2 years, and I just barely found someone about a month ago who also watches it. I wish SciFi would start showing it in prime time slots again so more people can experience the beauty that is this show.

#9 maracruzz

maracruzz

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (Jkrwild @ Dec 8 2007, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also liked the show, though my wife gives me a hard time about it. But, that never bothered me, I thought it was good. I really liked the landscape of the show. The story was good as well, I really liked it when the orginal Dar showed up and was helping with along the way.

Me too i like the show it was like a young Hercules but of course its still a different concept...

#10 joiseyguyexit13

joiseyguyexit13

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:31 PM

I loved watching this show, I wish it was still on.

#11 parkerfrankb

parkerfrankb

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 344 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (bionicboy10 @ Feb 16 2008, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I loved watching this show, I wish it was still on.

So do I. And I miss Herc and Xena very much.

#12 Teethwhitening

Teethwhitening

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:19 AM

I really enjoy reading your post Such a wonderful post

Teeth whitening

#13 dont

dont

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:23 AM

i think being able to talk to animals is one for the coolest supers of them all
for anyone who reads this post please don't take it as a personal attack

#14 techbuddy

techbuddy

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:42 AM

During my childhood years, I used to watch this series, and I totally like it, when he has the power of forest animals that gave him strength. Beastmaster was indeed a great successful TV series.

#15 TheEvilDoctor

TheEvilDoctor

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 275 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (techbuddy @ Aug 7 2009, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
During my childhood years, I used to watch this series, and I totally like it, when he has the power of forest animals that gave him strength. Beastmaster was indeed a great successful TV series.

Probably would have worked better as a cartoon in the 80's
I love being EVIL! Evil makes me feel good! Evil is as Evil does! What do you call an ill tempered beetle? An Evil Weevil!

#16 luirik

luirik

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 443 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:15 PM

Lest we forget, the bod that started it all.

Posted Image

#17 Dreadful

Dreadful

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:31 PM

Yes, I liked the show too. I was so glad when it arrived on DVD.
The thing about it was, when it ran on television it never seemed to be in a consistent time slot (at my location, anyway).
I felt lost much of the time.
Then when the series came out on DVD I picked it up and realized that the whole series was like one AMAZINGLY long film. If you missed a few episodes, you missed a lot.
I think My favorite character was King Voden. The guy was just so unlikeable, but he was also humorous.
I also appreciated the way this series actually had a conclusion, -unlike, "The Lost World" (I am still so irked).
I've viewed the entire BeastMaster series twice, and could definitely go for a third time, someday.
I remember seeing the original film at the theatre back in the early 80's and this TV series was definitely long overdue . . .

#18 BeastmasterMyth

BeastmasterMyth

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:35 PM

THE BEASTMASTER IS BACK!

One Of The Most Beloved Fantasy Heroes Of Our Time
crosses swords and magic with science fiction in BEASTMASTER: MYTH,
the new epic novel published by Simon & Schuster

“A FRESH, DRAMATIC, AND THRILLING TALE…
that will intrigue and enlighten all the legions of this epic hero’s fans,
and will undoubtedly bring many new fans into the fold.”
—Bestselling author Doug Niles

Meet the authors at a special book signing:
Wednesday, January 20th, 7:00 pm
Borders at Century City Mall
Los Angeles, CA.

You can order the book online at amazon or other online retailers.

#19 nerdatnight

nerdatnight

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:29 PM

[quote name='parkerfrankb' post='6344180' date='May 31 2009, 11:11 AM']So do I. And I miss Herc and Xena very much.[/quote]

I've been hoping these shows, especially Hercules: The Legendary Journeys will show up again soon. They were a lot of fun.
Ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

#20 haryzac

haryzac

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:52 PM

I watched the show from the time it premiered during its original run which started in 1999. It used to come on Saturday afternoon. When I was a kid growing up there were tons of Saturday action/ adventure/ fantasy/ scifi shows on the air.

The Adventures of Sinbad
Hercules
Xena
The Lost World
Beastmaster
Mutant X
Earth Final Conflict
Andromeda
The Queen of Swords
Relic Hunter

Anyone else remember these shows? I didn't mention a few of them because they were very short lived. Anyway, I remember Beastmaster and I actually had a few friends who watched it once or twice, but none of them watched it every weekend like me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users