• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 talos2

talos2

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:14 AM

I'am from Croatia ( Europe ), and I know that chevap isn't Serbian meal it is Bosnian national meal.And they look like this >>

You could inform yourself before you put incorrecte information on the show!!

This information is seen in Eureka 2x11 -Maneater

#2 Myrealana

Myrealana

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:25 AM

Except, he didn't say "chevapi."

He said "chevapchichi."

http://www.travelser...oodanddrink.php

Local favorites are chevapcici (small rolls of mixed minced meat), which are eaten with plain onions and warm bread.

QUOTE ("Wikipedia")
Serbian cevapcici from Leskovac are made of beef (usually of three mixed types of cuts) and served on a plate with lepinja beside. The only proper traditional way of grilling cevapcic is to use glowing coals beneath a grill. Both expressions cevapcici and cevapi are common in Serbia. Although cevapcici is a formal deminutive, cevapcici from Leskovac are longer (10-12 cm) then Bosnian cevapi (5-8 cm). The Leskovac-recipe was the one that become popular in Belgrade in the 19th century and than spread all over Yugoslavia (except Bosnia and Herzegovina) and Europe and United States.[1] Also famous are cevapcici from Kosovo.

Bosnian cevapi from the Bascarsija district of Sarajevo and Banja Luka are probably the most famous cevapi in the Balkans. Travnik and Tuzla are known for its cevapi made of beef stewed with spices. This dish is very popular in some parts of former Yugoslavia as well. The stew is poured on lepinja or somun flatbread and few chunks of meat left there. Banja Luka is known for cevapi which are multiple rolls (usually four) joined together. Bosnian cevapi are made from two times minced beef meat, hand mixed and formed with funnel. Formed cevapi are grilled. Some people consider that the best cevapi are found in "Bascarsija ", Sarajevo.

Sounds like the two dishes are very similar, but not identical - not unusual.
"You don't fix faith. Faith fixes you." - Shepherd Book
Posted Image

#3 DivaGoddess

DivaGoddess

Ascended

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,193 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:27 AM

You guys are making me hungry. dry.gif
Posted Image

#4 PravilnyeMuzh

PravilnyeMuzh

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (talos2 @ Sep 20 2007, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'am from Croatia ( Europe ), and I know that chevap isn't Serbian meal it is Bosnian national meal.And they look like this >>

You could inform yourself before you put incorrecte information on the show!!

This information is seen in Eureka 2x11 -Maneater

Talos, that looks really yummy! Is the white stuff sour cream? Where can I get a recipe? smile.gif

One of the problems about a place like America is that there is so much mixing of nationalities that food names and descriptions can become really messed up. When I lived in North Dakota, there was a dish there called "pirogy" that was bread stuffed with a mixture of spiced ground beef and cabbage. I was told that it was a food popular with the "Germans from Russia" ethnic group. When I left North Dakota I found quite a few other places that had dishes called "pirogy" or "piroghi" (which in American English are pronounced the same), usually recipies handed down through the families, but none of them looking or tasting like what I had in North Dakota. tongue.gif It's very possible that what was shown on the show is what one of the writers or producers remembered as what their Serbian grandmother made; since their grandmother was Serbian it must be a Serbian dish.
The problem isn't that we shot ourselves in the foot; it's how quickly we reloaded and fired again.

#5 talos2

talos2

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (PravilnyeMuzh @ Sep 20 2007, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Talos, that looks really yummy! Is the white stuff sour cream? Where can I get a recipe? smile.gif

One of the problems about a place like America is that there is so much mixing of nationalities that food names and descriptions can become really messed up. When I lived in North Dakota, there was a dish there called "pirogy" that was bread stuffed with a mixture of spiced ground beef and cabbage. I was told that it was a food popular with the "Germans from Russia" ethnic group. When I left North Dakota I found quite a few other places that had dishes called "pirogy" or "piroghi" (which in American English are pronounced the same), usually recipies handed down through the families, but none of them looking or tasting like what I had in North Dakota. tongue.gif It's very possible that what was shown on the show is what one of the writers or producers remembered as what their Serbian grandmother made; since their grandmother was Serbian it must be a Serbian dish.

that white is onion smile.gif..., but you can use sour cream also smile.gif.....

Myrealana> it's same thing smile.gif...or chevapi or chevapchichi, but this meal came in this region by Turkish Empire

#6 malibu14

malibu14

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

You should really check your facts firs before spreading your national hate! i suggest you stop eating them all together cause both kinds origin from Turkey and since you hate Serbians so much i guess you are one of those single minded ustasa nationalists and you hate Bosnian Muslims as well!So just change your chevapi with zagorske strukle and you are good to go with your vendetta!

#7 Gertrude73

Gertrude73

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

Posted ImageI'am from Croatia ( Europe ), and I know that chevap isn't Serbian meal it is Bosnian national meal.And they look like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users