• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Earthbound

Earthbound

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:36 AM

I saw Roswell New Evidence Found. It has recently caught my interest because while the man moon landing as a hoax has plausible explanations, the one I can not get past is radiation. I could go on with facts, but the bottom line is:... There is to much radiation in space, past the Van Allen belt, for human survival, unless you solve the weight problem.

So my theory is this, Apollo missions go up, they go through the the lander docking. They then park the capsul, with the 3 aboard behind a satellite, and send the lander to the moon. Roll tape. The lander picks up samples, they catch lander under the Van Allen Belt. Splash down. This covers all scenarios including Apollo 13. My conclusion is something like this when it comes to a man on the moon. (The motive, scare the Soviets into believing that we have the technology to withstand radiation.)

Then one day I am reading about Roswell and the material of the crash site. The foil with weird properties, the light wieght properties of the solid metal I beam material. An astronauts comment that the landing module was paper thin. I came up with another scenario. JFK say's we will land a man on the moon by the end of the century. Van Allen, who is working on the radiation issue for NASA just does not see it happening. Then someone in his circle (Air Force eyewitness) tells him of the material recovered from the crash site. Problem solved. Sort of. The use of material is like a filter, another words, it gets used up. We never discover how to produce this out of the world material. Finally, there is not enough of the material to continue the "outer" space program. Real life, before Van Allen dies, he say's the man mission to Mars that GW Bush prroposes, is stupid, because of the radiation danger.

If nothing else would make a great Sci-Fi book. It is interesting how Science Fiction and fact parralell.

My thing is, we are farther behind then people think. Earthbound.

#62 RobertMBlevins

RobertMBlevins

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:59 PM

It's true there is radiation in space, but not enough to just kill you outright in a spacecraft beyond Earth orbit.

That is...unless there is a solar event. In that case, you would be dead within an hour from the outward flow of protons from the sun. This is the big risk in going to Mars, i.e. what happened in the film 'Red Planet' near the start when they were hit by the solar storm. At the same time, if you were running around on the lunar surface when such an event hit, then you are dead unless you are protected. See the book 'Space' by James Michener on this one, since he wrote about a disasterous Apollo 18 mission where this happened. In Michener's book, (which was highly researched) the two astronauts on the moon were out in the rover. They got the word they were being hit by a big solar event, so they tried to make it back to the LEM and get the heck out of there.

By the time they reached the LEM, one of them was getting sick and passed out in the doorway. The other astronaut, Claggett, managed to drag his friend inside and did an emergency liftoff. However, he got sick a mile above the lunar surface and passed out. The LEM crashed back into the moon. The astronaut in orbit, Pope, was partially protected by the heat shield and managed to get back to Earth.

The solar radiation danger is real, but remember...we've had people up there for long periods of time since the 70's. Mir, the ISS, and the earlier ones.

Earthbound says, in part:

'An astronauts comment that the landing module was paper thin...'

The actual quote is: 'About as thick as a couple of sheets of tinfoil...'

Well, it was a little thicker than THAT, but not a whole lot. More like sheet metal, and only SOME areas of the spacecraft. There were two reasons. One, because the LEM was only designed for use in vacuum, that is, for space. It had no need for protection from the heat of a reentry. The other was to save weight and enable the carrying of enough fuel for both a landing and a liftoff.
'Don't give up reaching for the stars...
just build yourself a bigger ladder.'
Adventure Books of Seattle

#63 BackInTheDay

BackInTheDay

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:52 PM

...you eventually come to a few witnesses who were solid, reliable, and had something to say. It's as simple as that, really... <_<

I find it incredulous that Jesse Marcel, with his responsibility, training, familiarity with base operations, and knowledge, would mistake a surveillance or weather balloon for something else.

And that one point makes me unable to completely dismiss the now famous Roswell event.

Still, I remain skeptical despite my sig (which might have one think otherwise). :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#64 JJB54

JJB54

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 259 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:05 PM

I get it now - after reading this thread and specifically your posts....

YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL YOU BOOK!! (LMAO!!)

What, mom, wife and such were the only ones to buy it??? So you are trying to find suckers here? Seriously.....

Cool that you followed your dream and wrote the book .... but at least be honest about it.

HEY I WROTE A BOOK AND NEED PEOPLE TO BUY IT - Please ....

The Roswell Crash story persists because of the nature of the witnesses involved. Dr Jesse Marcel had no axe to grind, nor any reason to lie. In my novel, 'The Corona Incident', he was helpful in some of the research.

It's NOT going to go away, because if you dig down past all the baloney, you eventually come to a few witnesses who were solid, reliable, and had something to say. It's as simple as that, really... <_<

#65 JJB54

JJB54

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 259 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:18 PM

That was and is exactly the goal -> For people to remain 'skeptical' - for the very reasons U stated. As long as you are not dismissing the story - it continues to serve them as an excellent "Cover Story" -

I find it incredulous that Jesse Marcel, with his responsibility, training, familiarity with base operations, and knowledge, would mistake a surveillance or weather balloon for something else.

And that one point makes me unable to completely dismiss the now famous Roswell event.

Still, I remain skeptical despite my sig (which might have one think otherwise). <_<

#66 SylvreWolfe

SylvreWolfe

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18,715 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:49 PM

I get it now - after reading this thread and specifically your posts....

YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL YOU BOOK!! (LMAO!!)

What, mom, wife and such were the only ones to buy it??? So you are trying to find suckers here? Seriously.....

Cool that you followed your dream and wrote the book .... but at least be honest about it.

HEY I WROTE A BOOK AND NEED PEOPLE TO BUY IT - Please ....

That's pretty much it. A good 90% of the stuff that the *believers* post about Jesse Marcel, Sr. * the big witness in their entire conspiracy tripe* is a load of bunk that has been debunked, especially all that stuff about who he was and what his job was suppose to be in the cover-up and what units he was assigned to and Jesse Jr isn't exactly a credible *witness* himself. Jesse Jr was debunked by his own dad, the alleged credible military witness to all this stuff.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For God and Farscape---Steve Palmer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See, falling for Farscape was easy, because Farscape was me.
---Ross Ruediger Quote site
Regardless of the snark I spew, Ben Browder is one hell of
a man.

Stupid and hydrogen, the two most common elements in the
universe.

Posted Image

#67 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

The wat this story has been handled by the USAF, ther has got to be more to it than is allowable to talk about. Had a relatiive who got involved in it due him being in USAF Intellignce and wouldn't dicuss anything about it to his grave. The only thing I ever got from him was that if "the American people knew all that is know from the crash, it would turn the world on it's ear". I guess coming from a "high ranking' officer, it must have some validity to it. :blink: :huh:
Everybody lies.

If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

Your biggest problem...hell I don't know what it is!!! Ask somebody else.

#68 lonegnat

lonegnat

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:26 AM

SylvreWolfe says, in part:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"I want proof of his service, I want records. I won't take anyone's word for anything on the internet."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Can't say I blame you there. But I also say, <i>do your OWN research.</i> I did mine on Roswell and Marcel for almost two years. Your turn.

On a different note, could you HAVE any more signatures? And what's with the purple font? Readers of your posts have to wade through quite a bit just to get to the main message. It's distracting.

Book editors can be hard on their own mothers, BTW.

Well, Robert, I'm for voting your posts up^, but once again, when I try, I get the message that I have reached my quota for the day. Haven't voted at all today(or for years), I have this prob every time I come here.
Keep up the good work, Robert, you seem to be a sensible guy, and your comments & reactions to these comments seem valid.
And I'm with you, why do some have signatures that take up 1/2 or of the page?
Also, the "do your own research" is something many people should do. But sadly, few of them do. They just like to criticize.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users