15 replies to this topic

#1 lexgunner30

lexgunner30

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 07:01 PM

Even though it's a lost cause to help these poor individuals who refuse to believe in reality, I'm going to try anyway. This website, skepticalanalysis.com (SAPS), has debunked the moving chair, evp's and the cloaked figure among others.

TAPS needs to realize if they would just put a disclaimer up before the show admitting to being entertainment, all these sites and people wouldn't have to continually debunk them and catch them in lies. Then there is the off chance these grieving, sad or plain gullible people would finally see the paranormal for what it is. Imaginery.

#2 scribey

scribey

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 07:03 PM

[javadude]The show is referred to as a "docu-soap"[/javadude]

#3 Hoozier

Hoozier

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 07:22 PM

I guess I take for granted, that everything I see on TV is "entertainment". I wont condemn TAPS, and might not defend them in every case, but, I enjoy the show. Now, has your little group of skeptics debunked every find from every show? And by the way, this poor individual keeps his mind wide freakin open, baby.

#4 lexgunner30

lexgunner30

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Hoozier @ Oct 14 2007, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess I take for granted, that everything I see on TV is "entertainment". I wont condemn TAPS, and might not defend them in every case, but, I enjoy the show. Now, has your little group of skeptics debunked every find from every show? And by the way, this poor individual keeps his mind wide freakin open, baby.

That's very good you keep your mind open. Common sense would then dictate this doesn't apply to you then if this is true. You would also know then the ones I was referring to are the die hard TAPS fans who find no fault in what they do and accept every excuse that comes out of their mouths. That's why I have posted in the ghost hunter' forum.

#5 scribey

scribey

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:32 PM

Most diehard taps fans with 10s of thousands of posts on taps website forums default to the notion that 'it is only a television show' when confronted with undeniable evidence of fraud.

#6 lexgunner30

lexgunner30

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:40 PM

That's hard to tell mainly from the ones who pop in here from tap's board. Now it they wouldn't have banned me for asking questions to their findings and new member, I could be asking them also.

#7 Unlucky13akadnl

Unlucky13akadnl

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (lexgunner30 @ Oct 14 2007, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even though it's a lost cause to help these poor individuals who refuse to believe in reality, I'm going to try anyway. This website, skepticalanalysis.com (SAPS), has debunked the moving chair, evp's and the cloaked figure among others.

TAPS needs to realize if they would just put a disclaimer up before the show admitting to being entertainment, all these sites and people wouldn't have to continually debunk them and catch them in lies. Then there is the off chance these grieving, sad or plain gullible people would finally see the paranormal for what it is. Imaginery.

So what you are trying to say is that ghosts don't exist. That in "reality" there is no such thing. Sounds pretty closed minded to me. Maybe you should look at yourself before you call people "poor individuals".

So there are tons of people world wide who are, what, crazy becuase they've seen ghosts. I think you need to open your mind up a little bit. Maybe stop living to try and shoot people's beliefs down. You don't want to believe in ghosts, then don't. Don't tell other people what they should believe though, and definitely don't judge people by their beliefs. Just because someone doesn't believe what you believe, doesn't mean that they are a "poor individual" and a lost cause.

#8 VictoriaHelene

VictoriaHelene

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:25 AM

" Is Ghost Hunters real?"
No.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
François, Duc de la Rochefoucauld (1630-1680):

"There are people fated to be silly; they not only perform silly acts by choice, but are even constrained to do so by fortune. "
The World's Smartest Muppet:
http://paranormal.da...s.com/?author=1
Once Upon a Time:
http://www.badpsychi...s...le&artid=37

#9 xXSpookyXx

xXSpookyXx

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE (Unlucky13akadnl @ Nov 7 2008, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what you are trying to say is that ghosts don't exist. That in "reality" there is no such thing. Sounds pretty closed minded to me. Maybe you should look at yourself before you call people "poor individuals".

So there are tons of people world wide who are, what, crazy becuase they've seen ghosts. I think you need to open your mind up a little bit. Maybe stop living to try and shoot people's beliefs down. You don't want to believe in ghosts, then don't. Don't tell other people what they should believe though, and definitely don't judge people by their beliefs. Just because someone doesn't believe what you believe, doesn't mean that they are a "poor individual" and a lost cause.

Oh but that's not at all what the poster was asking. They were asking if people thought that everything that Ghost Hunters finds is real. There are many people, even on this forum alone that do believe in the existence of Ghosts, but also, do not believe in everything that GH says or does is real. Also the poster explained above who they were referring to as "poor fools" however, that probably was not the nicest way to say things, and certainly would distract any fan that totally believes GH is real from looking into their source.

#10 skeerdycat

skeerdycat

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (xXSpookyXx @ Nov 7 2008, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh but that's not at all what the poster was asking. They were asking if people thought that everything that Ghost Hunters finds is real. There are many people, even on this forum alone that do believe in the existence of Ghosts, but also, do not believe in everything that GH says or does is real. Also the poster explained above who they were referring to as "poor fools" however, that probably was not the nicest way to say things, and certainly would distract any fan that totally believes GH is real from looking into their source.

*hugs Spooky* mellow.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#11 MachinaObscura

MachinaObscura

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:55 AM

Everything TAPS does is 100 percent real...until they find any "evidence,"
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative - Oscar Wilde

#12 Editor30fps

Editor30fps

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:07 PM

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus....
I am therefore I edit.
Posted Image

#13 wendypan

wendypan

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:18 PM

I miss Scribey.
We love Ghost Hunters. Where else could we use our critical thinking skills while in the comfort of our comfy chairs? Where else could we spot fraud without leaving the safety of our living rooms? Where else could we practice our debunking abilities [like J and G claim to do]? Late night infomercials perhaps. But I don't stay up that late.

EVERY VALID PARANORMAL GROUP POSTS EVERY BIT OF EVIDENCE THEY COLLECT. WHY NOT TAPS?

Here's a bit of advice that recent episodes make me think TAPS needs to learn: TELL THE TRUTH, IT'S EASIER TO REMEMBER.

#14 Dreamsinger

Dreamsinger

Muppet of Science

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (MachinaObscura @ Nov 7 2008, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everything TAPS does is 100 percent real...until they find any "evidence,"

That's right. They really run around inside those places. The evidence on the otherhand, that's when the trickery comes into play.

#15 scarypa

scarypa

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:49 PM

I love the show, and would never stop watching it. But now I have my reservations about what happened on Halloween night! I wonder if they are now worried with the new competition with "Paranormal State" & "Ghost Adventures"!

I just really hope what happen to Grant, really happened to him. I have "On Demand" and I have most of there episodes including the reveal on Halloween night. And as I watch Grant walking when he is pulled the first time, I do notice that we only see his left arm and for some reason as he is walking he positions himself in such a way, that it looks like his right hand is doing something. I don't know! I just hope they did not rig that part!

#16 aFaceOnMars

aFaceOnMars

Minbari

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 320 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:29 PM

Yes. It's as real as the Easter Bunny or Santa Clause. The two idiots that front the show (Grant and Jay) worship an entity that many of us desire. That is the all-mighty dollar. They do not care, at this point, that they are selling thier souls to the devil (AKA Pepsi) as they must take care of their own . They feel that they can lie to us all and fake 'evidence' much like corrupt police departments do to arrest innocent people of color. They are sad figures of a short history of TV. The 2000's to 2010's. They will sell thier own mothers and fathers, if need be. They have no soul. They will probably de-exist when thier collective consciences implode on them. So, yes, Virginia, They are real. The evidence they have collected however, is not.
You Want Some Salsa With That Cowbell?

Being an honest man in a den of thieves is not an enviable position.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users