32 replies to this topic

#21 2spooked

2spooked

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:28 AM

Haven't seen any Destination Truth, as of yet. But Monster Quest is a great program. They had a marathon not long ago, and I really loved the mystery black cat episode. The Chupacabra and the Sasquatch ones were great, too.

#22 submarineCO

submarineCO

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:11 PM

Destination Truth pales in comparison.
Posted Image

Too bad ignorance isn't painful!

#23 pkellmey

pkellmey

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 08:12 AM

Destination Truth is a joke compared to MonsterQuest. I don't think SciFi could afford their research costs, though. Now if they could only find a way to use the money they use on Josh's bar tab, maybe...

#24 browncoat182

browncoat182

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:44 PM

Destination Truth came to being following the sucess of the rattings rich Ghosthunters. DT does in some ways mimic GH style, but the lack of depth and time into these subjects is crazy. Jason and Grant just do Ghosts... you dont see them trekking around doing the cryptid of the week. Monsterquest does a better job with one episode specials but unlike GH doesnt stick with the subject.

you could do a small series of shows on the bigfoot or big fish episodes of monsterquest.

#25 UNCLE123

UNCLE123

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,622 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (2spooked @ Feb 12 2008, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haven't seen any Destination Truth, as of yet. But Monster Quest is a great program. They had a marathon not long ago, and I really loved the mystery black cat episode. The Chupacabra and the Sasquatch ones were great, too.

Yes MonsterQuest is well done. Destination Truth needs a little work and refinement in their approach. I enjoyed the Giant Fish episode of MonsterQuest. I would like to see something more elaborate and current on the Thylacine in Tasmania and the supposed giant sloths in South America.

cool.gif
Posted Image
"That which has been believed by everyone, always and everywhere, has every chance of being false" -Paul Ambroise Valery

#26 CougarWare

CougarWare

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (submarineCO @ Feb 12 2008, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Destination Truth pales in comparison.

I agree. MQ is a far superior product. I like how they are just as serious about debunking something as they are to prove it exists.

For example: in the black cat episode, they showed the same picture area with something that we could judge the size of. The black cats turned out to be housecats. They were not huge, we just couldn't see the scale in the first pictures.

CougarBob

.Posted Image

Instead of building newer and larger weapons of mass destruction,

I think mankind should try to get more use out of the ones we have"

-Jack Handey

.Posted Image

#27 DoverDemon

DoverDemon

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (CougarWare @ Feb 29 2008, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. MQ is a far superior product. I like how they are just as serious about debunking something as they are to prove it exists.

For example: in the black cat episode, they showed the same picture area with something that we could judge the size of. The black cats turned out to be housecats. They were not huge, we just couldn't see the scale in the first pictures.

They never proved that any of the pictures or footage of the black cats were common house cats. In some instances they may have very well been but in a lot of cases there was no proof and their deminsions were too large to be common cats, they had a couple of "experts" say the might be house cats but there was no concrete proof I saw?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 cathy2

cathy2

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (2spooked @ Feb 12 2008, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cathy2 I have watched both TV programs and Iam still not sure which one is the best one yet I may have to watch a few more of both movies.Sincerely cathy2 aka cat.

#29 Mansquito9

Mansquito9

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:07 AM

i like both equally. smile.gif

i love the mutant dog episode. smile.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Have faith in Josh. smile.gif

they did all this work. to find them. smile.gif

you try finding it yourself people and see what would happen. not everybody will find these creatures. smile.gif
Genesis 1:20-25

20 Then God said, “Let the waters swarm with fish and other life. Let the skies be filled with birds of every kind.” 21 So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that scurries and swarms in the water, and every sort of bird—each producing offspring of the same kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 Then God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply. Let the fish fill the seas, and let the birds multiply on the earth.”
23 And evening passed and morning came, marking the fifth day.

24 Then God said, “Let the earth produce every sort of animal, each producing offspring of the same kind—livestock, small animals that scurry along the ground, and wild animals.” And that is what happened. 25 God made all sorts of wild animals, livestock, and small animals, each able to produce offspring of the same kind. And God saw that it was good.

Job 40:15-18

15 “Take a look at Behemoth, which I made, just as I made you. It eats grass like an ox. 16 See its powerful loins and the muscles of its belly. 17 Its tail is as strong as a cedar. The sinews of its thighs are knit tightly together. 18 Its bones are tubes of bronze. Its limbs are bars of iron

http://Genesispark.org
http://AmericanMonsters.com
http://S8int.com
http://Cryptozoology.com
my myspace
http://myspace.com/i...hearmyofthelord
and
http://myspace.com/t...djplasmicnebula
My Myspace group of Animals and Cryptids...etc.
http://groups.myspac...susistheonlyway

#30 shark1131

shark1131

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE (DoverDemon @ Mar 4 2008, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They never proved that any of the pictures or footage of the black cats were common house cats. In some instances they may have very well been but in a lot of cases there was no proof and their deminsions were too large to be common cats, they had a couple of "experts" say the might be house cats but there was no concrete proof I saw?

That episode was good. I was shocked to learn that Jaguars used to be common throughout a larger area of the U.S. than I once thought. I believe there most likely are big black cats roaming the mountains and countryside. It seems rather obvious that there would be seeings how Mountain Lions do exist in the same areas. A mutation every now and then is inevitable. Could very well be albino mountain lions roaming around too.

As for the house cat theories, they do get quite large. As a matter of fact, there is currently a 20 pound (atleast), 30 inch head to tail, black cat cutting off circulation to my legs as I'm typing this.

#31 pkellmey

pkellmey

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (shark1131 @ Mar 14 2008, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for the house cat theories, they do get quite large. As a matter of fact, there is currently a 20 pound (atleast), 30 inch head to tail, black cat cutting off circulation to my legs as I'm typing this.
I have a neighbor with a bird feeder, with no trees or other large reference objects around it, in the middle of a field. If I did not know how large the pole that the feeder hangs from was, I would swear that several farm cats that prowl the area were the size of a medium or large dog. What they were saying about humans not being able to tell relative size very well without nearby object references is a lot more accurate than the average person would assume.

#32 shark1131

shark1131

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (pkellmey @ Mar 14 2008, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a neighbor with a bird feeder, with no trees or other large reference objects around it, in the middle of a field. If I did not know how large the pole that the feeder hangs from was, I would swear that several farm cats that prowl the area were the size of a medium or large dog. What they were saying about humans not being able to tell relative size very well without nearby object references is a lot more accurate than the average person would assume.

Yep. That can also be applied to the Big Birds episode as well.

#33 CougarWare

CougarWare

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (DoverDemon @ Mar 4 2008, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They never proved they were anything other than house cats. The one in the pasture was definitely a regular cat. Pointed ears, body shape ... it was just a cat. The video of the one that was prowling at a distance and looked so huge suddenly shrunk when a person walked through the same area and the size of everything became apparent.

The scariest thing in the show were the nuts running around with guns shooting at every dark shape that moved. I'd be a lot more afraid of that then running into a one in a million (or less) black cougar.

CougarBob

.Posted Image

Instead of building newer and larger weapons of mass destruction,

I think mankind should try to get more use out of the ones we have"

-Jack Handey

.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users