#41 GhostH07

GhostH07

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (aJadeSky @ Apr 3 2008, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gosh darn wonder what I was talking about now? lol... might of been a good show too. Hmmm unsure.gif
Names are never my strong suit. sad.gif Sorry Uncle...

And yes I agree, just how much energy is it going to take though to change over our systems to run on other products for the oil replacement though is a question and is it going to be done in time? They would need oil to produce power to make enough viable wind mills or solar panels even as they would need many for them to be effective in helping out and when oil runs out making them will not be so easy.
And for desalinzation I think that is one of the ideas they are working on here in Florida.
They haven't decided a way to go yet as cost is a big factor and hinderence though they have known for many years where we were headed in terms of water here. I fear a sink hole will swallow my house one day with the amount of water being drained from the land with wells even. Let alone the cost for water is supposed to triple in the next five years.

Anyone want to buy a house in Florida? And ah tell me where water issues are not going to be a problem with the glaziers melting and changing paths of fresh water supplies to some states? Who has lots of water er clean water that is? And not on a fault line and not near one of the 3 dormant volcanoes and not in tornadoe ally or heck... what's Canada like? mellow.gif

Ah it's okay J - heck, just arrived back from the Florida keys smile.gif

#42 aJadeSky

aJadeSky

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:43 AM

Welcome back Ghost. I figured you would be back about now. How was the trip and ah did you like Florida enough to maybe want to buy a house here lol? j/k .... smile.gif
Posted Image Hi

#43 chop1

chop1

Dune Messiah

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (WhatTheFrig @ Feb 13 2008, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2012= pole shift

The Poles are leaving Poland?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

Flexible People Rarely Are Bent Out of Shape

Be yourself, no one else wants the job

If Ignorance is Bliss, Some of these People Must be in Disneyworld

#44 panamarandy

panamarandy

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,427 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:03 PM

hey, i like it here in Florida, at least up here in the panhandle anyways.
Posted Image Posted Image

#45 Bob1j

Bob1j

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:45 PM

UFOs just will not die. There was a disc seen over Ohare airport last year. It was seen by pilots and many workers. It was over a runway in restricted airspace without a beacon.
The airport tried to say it did not happen and tried to silence the people that saw it. A smart reporter did a Freedom of information request and guess what turned up. All the lies and denials were a cover up.

When it finally took off it blew a hole in thick clouds so wide that they could see the sky.

It was investigated and was thought not to be military (Why would they do that in the daytime risking a crash)

Stuff like that keeps on happening and its getting harder to cover it up. They look like fools when they get caught.

The people that saw it were furious that they tried to make them look crazy.

http://www.ufoeviden...ses/case958.htm

QUOTE (ghostinabox @ Nov 15 2007, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just this recently I notice for the past 2 weeks there has been a climb in public interest in UFO's and Aliens. Has someone come out and talked? I've seen cable channels re airing old show's like UFO files on History channel and some new ones retelling the stories of Roswell and that one that happen in UK in and around the a U.S. airforce base being talked again. Also Larry king live talking again about UFO's. This is kind of odd to see this popping up again, so I just wonder if there was something that happen and the media got on it. Do anyone know why there's been a spike in interest in UFO's latley?

#46 Bob1j

Bob1j

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:51 PM

2012 may not literally mean the end of the Earth. More likely the end of a certain way of life or belief system.

A full disclosure of an Alien Presence might do that. Then again it might be another year 2000 fizzle. Remember how many worry worts got everyone upset over 2000? All that happened was computer sales went way up.

#47 UNCLE123

UNCLE123

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,622 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (Bob1j @ Jun 5 2008, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2012 may not literally mean the end of the Earth. More likely the end of a certain way of life or belief system.

A full disclosure of an Alien Presence might do that. Then again it might be another year 2000 fizzle. Remember how many worry worts got everyone upset over 2000? All that happened was computer sales went way up.

There is really no way any "prophecies" could predict such things any how.

Posted Image
"That which has been believed by everyone, always and everywhere, has every chance of being false" -Paul Ambroise Valery

#48 MAJ12

MAJ12

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 325 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (UNCLE123 @ Jul 26 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is really no way any "prophecies" could predict such things any how.

There have been prophets who were spot-on accurate in the past of what they saw of the future.
ie.Daniel,Ezekiel,..
I don't think you will find any on TV.

#49 MAJ12

MAJ12

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 325 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (Bob1j @ Jun 5 2008, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The real "disclosure" will be when the messiah descends from heaven with great power and glory
and all flesh shall see it togeather,and every eye will see it.The Revelation will not be televised.

#50 UNCLE123

UNCLE123

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,622 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Dione-Sapphire @ Nov 16 2007, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of the possible reasons is that..(according to the Aztec or Mayan calendar, the world is coming to an end),

That is a common misinterpretation of the astronomical record.....the Mayan calendar is merely a tool to predict star positions based on the precession of the earth.....a 26,000 year cycle which is one of the components of the Milankovitch cycles.

2012 is not the end...it is where the odometer rolls over from 9 to zero so it can begin counting again.

cool.gif
Posted Image
"That which has been believed by everyone, always and everywhere, has every chance of being false" -Paul Ambroise Valery

#51 UNCLE123

UNCLE123

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,622 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (MAJ12 @ Aug 31 2008, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There have been prophets who were spot-on accurate in the past of what they saw of the future.
ie.Daniel,Ezekiel,..
I don't think you will find any on TV.

Vague prophecies that only seem to fit with hindsight are not all that great at "predicting" anything......are they? If you can't notice the "prophecy" until after the event occurs, it's really not a "prediction" that is of any use is it now?

Anyone can get in on that game......watch, I will show you......

**places hands over eyes and begins to chant**

.....Oh Wah

.........Tagu

.........Siam......

now...everybody repeat with me....faster please.

Now.....I predict that there will be economic downfalls in our near future with some economic recovery. There will be intense flooding in India and Myanmar.....there will be violence in the middle east......there will be earthquakes and mudslides in California. A flu outbreak will spark concerns in China....NBC's upcoming program lineup will peter out once baseball season resumes.....Global warming will increase....African nations will see an increase in communicable diseases....blah blah blah......

These things always happen.....always.....there will always be natural disasters....there will always be war and political upheavals somewhere....there will always be deaths and tragedies....that's how nature works...that's how life works and to try and see you're a prophet because you can "foresee" these things is really absurd.

The sad part in all of this is that some people really get scared about these things. Some people read these things and start to believe it's true and they live in fear when they don't need to. Stop scaring people with bogus prophecies. 2012 is just another year to come. It will come and it will pass. IN 2013 we will continue this discussion and some wacko will come out of the woodwork with a new prophecy he found on the walls of some new tomb from some other culture and we will keep hearing about how the world will end in 2020 or 2033 or 999999999 or whatever......There will always be predictions of doomsday. We all just lived through the Y2K threat.....nothing bad happened......An omnipotent God who creates life does not want to destroy it. A loving God is not a god of wrath and destruction. Stop using religion to scare people and promote fear. That is the work of a "devil" not a person of faith.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users