• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rocky6464

Rocky6464

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:26 PM

I would imagine they would have a pretty big paycheck considering how big the show was, but I just got done listening to an interview with Amanda Tapping on Gateworld, and she said after she had her baby the house she was living in was very small, and her baby was in the same room with her. I was like "How"? And she's still making money with Atlantis, so yeah, does anyone know what she and the cast was making for SG-1? And as a side question, what's she making for Atlantis?

Vote for Stargate Atlantis at the people's choice awards- http://www.pcavote.c.../showvoting.jsp

#2 SylvreWolfe

SylvreWolfe

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18,715 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:30 PM

Too damned much.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For God and Farscape---Steve Palmer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See, falling for Farscape was easy, because Farscape was me.
---Ross Ruediger Quote site
Regardless of the snark I spew, Ben Browder is one hell of
a man.

Stupid and hydrogen, the two most common elements in the
universe.

Posted Image

#3 DebraDownSth

DebraDownSth
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:31 AM

One of the reasons they make movies in Canada and not here is it is far cheaper, pay scale much less.

That said the papers have reported this so I would imagine that the SG1 people who had been there much longer probably were getting at least 30 percent more. I am sorry but I have a (small) 3 bedroom house on a patheticly TINY FRACTION of that amount so I doubt her concept of "small house" is the same as mine. Nor would it be because after 10 yrs and surely way over 10 MILLION DOLLARS for those 10 yrs and the movies that she can't afford it.

UTA sues 'Stargate' actor
By Leslie Simmons

Sept 25, 2007

UTA filed suit Monday against "Stargate: Atlantis" actor Joe Flanigan in Los Angeles Superior Court, claiming that the actor owes $99,225 in commissions.

The agency claims Flanigan entered into an oral contract with it in 1998, agreeing to pay 10% commissions on projects, including his deal to play Lt. Col. John Sheppard on the Sci Fi Channel series.

Flanigan paid the agency for Seasons 1-3 of the series but has not paid commissions on his $992,250 salary for Season 4, UTA claims.

#4 maggiemayday

maggiemayday

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 12:53 PM

UTA? Utah Transit Authority? No, huh?

My photo album
MMD's Other Blog
My deviant Art

MaggieMayDay, Daniel's Armorer, Munitions Expert, and Blade Wrangler

I'd rather climb a mountain then crawl in a hole.

#5 DebraDownSth

DebraDownSth
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2007 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (maggiemayday @ Nov 22 2007, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
UTA? Utah Transit Authority? No, huh?

LOLOL I started to come up with other possibilities but I'm too full and sleepy.

I put in the link. They also sued and won against Wesley Snipes.

it is the United Talent Agency. smile.gif

#6 Aelfgyfu

Aelfgyfu

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:55 AM

Yeah, the big stars get paid outrageous amounts.

But remember that actors' salaries are generally gross; out of that, they pay 10-20% for agents and managers. They also have to put some aside for the lean years--and for women, that can be a lot of the years over a certain age! For some men, too! I'd give you a link if I could remember where I read it, but I saw an estimate that 1100-1200 actors make a good living in Hollywood; the rest average around $10,000/year.

That said, I'm surprised Amanda Tapping can't afford a house with a separate room for the baby! But she's a producer on Sanctuary; did she invest a chunk of her own money in that? Stars often do things like that. (David Hewlett and Jane Loughman paid for A Dog's Breakfast, and the cast and most of the crew were paid nothing; that was donated time. He promised if it did well, he'd make a second movie, and everyone would get paid for one of the two movies. So buy ADB!)

Joe Flanigan was quoted at a con recently as saying he fired his agent for refusing to let him even look at parts in plays. I do not know if that was related to the UTA lawsuit; if they had a verbal contract and then he verbally fired his agent, did the agent truly consider himself or herself fired? They'll probably settle, so we may never know. (Flanigan's manager said he was mystified at the whole thing, and he first heard of the suit from the press; it would be more normal to go to the manager first. Assuming everyone's telling the truth here.)

#7 arobsum

arobsum

Psychohistorian

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,136 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:17 AM

we're doomed. people see $$ and go ape $hit...........
Posted Image
compliments of WTGJUNIOR
formerly known as amokman

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users