69 replies to this topic

#1 EBathory

EBathory

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:08 PM

Sorry if this is repeated elsewhere. I did a search on her name and nothing showed up.

Seems at least some of her former clients (victims) have had enough of her alleged chicanery and are suing big time. And rightly so, if what they state is true.

http://www.mmdnewswi...ook-2347-2.html

Too much to go into here but this conjures up the ghost of Amityville, if you will pardon the pun. Only it's much more serious.

I have always been alarmed at how the Warrens would carry on with their magical mumbo-jumbo and their talk of demons, demonic possessions and other stuff meant to instill fear into people who had turned to them for help. Especially upsetting to me is how the Warrens would include any children in these houses in their scary shenanigans. I am sure many a child has been scarred by them.

My thoughts on the Warrens (now of course just Lorraine) is that either 1) they are possibly charlatans; 2) they suffer from "Folie a deux" (again, now just Lorraine perhaps believing in a delusional belief system) or 3) All of these things. Of course without some members of the Roman Catholic church aiding them, their impact is that much greater.

The Glatzel brothers certainly believe the first and feel they had been exploited and damaged by this famous couple. I was wondering how long it was going to take for their putting all this negativity and fear into people was going to come home to roost.

An excellent website, The Devil Busted In Connecticut, outlines even further how serious the whole affair is.

http://www.geocities...evilbustedinct/

Finding this out has made my day....Grownups should know better but their children should never be subjected to such scary stuff--yes, I know it's in so many movies but the Warrens presented it as reality. I hope this doesn't end in one of those closed settlement deals. It's way too interesting to have the proceedings sealed by a court.
Conformity is the death of the soul.

#2 LadyDragonfly4

LadyDragonfly4

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:26 PM

I bet that makes Paranormal State look even more foolish....

If you could see the future,
but you couldn't do anything to change it,
would you still wanna know?

~ Harry Dresden Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Funandgames

Funandgames

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (LadyDragonfly4 @ Dec 11 2007, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that possible?
This space for rent

#4 KarinaKay

KarinaKay

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:10 PM

Thanks for the information, E!! About time one of the Warren victims stood up to be counted and told the truth about what they really experienced. Cannot WAIT to get my hands on the book!!

#5 LadyDragonfly4

LadyDragonfly4

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:14 PM

Cannot WAIT to get my hands on the book!!

smile.gif I hear ya....

Posted Image

#6 m2327

m2327

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (LadyDragonfly4 @ Dec 11 2007, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why lump Paranormal State in with this, after all it is Jason and TAPS who are attached at the hip to the Warrens, and their son as well.
Life Behind the Irony Curtain

Posted Image

#7 LadyDragonfly4

LadyDragonfly4

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:02 PM

Why lump Paranormal State in with this, after all it is Jason and TAPS who are attached at the hip to the Warrens, and their son as well.

Because Lorraine was on PS last night....thats all.

I was just being a weisenheimer smile.gif

Posted Image

#8 Luvachild2

Luvachild2

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:36 PM

I was really disappointed when I watched the premier of Paranormal State...and Lorraine showed up at one of their "investigations"...what a bunch of hogwash!

It all was too much of the mumbo-jumbo that seems to draw the people in, lots of ***** if you ask me. I would much rather stick to my favorite...Ghost Hunters!

#9 Saxman1

Saxman1

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:45 PM

She was on last night and it really lowered the the credibility of the show the moment she walked in. Also Chip Coffee who has been posting on here was virtually useless in the show last night. The whole show was so scattered and peice-meal it didn't make any sense at all. They kept coming up with different things to make their trip and the show worthwhile. Lorraine walked into a house where a boy had lost his dad and had already shown alot of anger over that' and she says' " I feel alot of anger here"-duh!!-What the boy needs is a counsler to work it out not a house full of kids from college and a hack psychic from Georgia (Chip) and an old lady who made a ton of money from a fake haunted house in Amittyvile. The show sucks-Just another money grab from a network looking to make money from the ghost trade.

#10 KarinaKay

KarinaKay

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Saxman1 @ Dec 11 2007, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She was on last night and it really lowered the the credibility of the show the moment she walked in. Also Chip Coffee who has been posting on here was virtually useless in the show last night. The whole show was so scattered and peice-meal it didn't make any sense at all. They kept coming up with different things to make their trip and the show worthwhile. Lorraine walked into a house where a boy had lost his dad and had already shown alot of anger over that' and she says' " I feel alot of anger here"-duh!!-What the boy needs is a counsler to work it out not a house full of kids from college and a hack psychic from Georgia (Chip) and an old lady who made a ton of money from a fake haunted house in Amittyvile. The show sucks-Just another money grab from a network looking to make money from the ghost trade.

I just watched the show.

The one thing I noticed is that they DID refer the son to a counselor. And the conclusion was that the house was not demon-infested, like I thought they would decide.

#11 m2327

m2327

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (LadyDragonfly4 @ Dec 11 2007, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because Lorraine was on PS last night....thats all.

I was just being a weisenheimer smile.gif

I must have missed that part when I was writing my Christmas cards, I thought I was paying better attention. Sorry. smile.gif

Still though, Jason and TAPs are up the Warren family ying yang, big time. Now that I think about it, the Johnson's claim to have been trained or something by the Warrens as well.

Now I have to wonder if any of TAPS clients are going to do the same.

Posted Image

#12 KarinaKay

KarinaKay

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (m2327 @ Dec 11 2007, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I must have missed that part when I was writing my Christmas cards, I thought I was paying better attention. Sorry. smile.gif

Still though, Jason and TAPs are up the Warren family ying yang, big time. Now that I think about it, the Johnson's claim to have been trained or something by the Warrens as well.

Now I have to wonder if any of TAPS clients are going to do the same.

Lorraine is going to be on upcoming episodes, too....... She was in the previews.

#13 irisheyes888

irisheyes888

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Karina_Kay @ Dec 11 2007, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorraine is going to be on upcoming episodes, too....... She was in the previews.

isn't Keith and/or Carl Johnson gonna be on some episodes too??? I could have swore I read it somewhere......

#14 holdthatghost

holdthatghost

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (irisheyes888 @ Dec 11 2007, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
isn't Keith and/or Carl Johnson gonna be on some episodes too??? I could have swore I read it somewhere......

Yes they are on one of the shows. I'll let Keith or Sandra tell you about it though, as I don't want to be a spoiler to the show.
David Manch
DIRECTOR
Earthbound Phantom Paranormal Research Group
Author of "There Are Ghosts In Our World", Trafford Publishing, 2008
Posted Image

#15 Dreamsinger

Dreamsinger

Muppet of Science

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:06 PM

Hold on ** drops hammer. checks light bulbs. checks outside for rainstorm of frogs or plagues of locust ** for a moment there I thought I was on a different planet. I thought I would never see the day those people would wind up victimizing the wrong person and get themselves into real trouble (those: Ed and Lorainne). I what he's saying is true, I hope he cleans them out and sets a precedent where all the people who have been victimized by charlatans such as the Warrens, start seeking legal recourse and financially destroy said people.

#16 KarinaKay

KarinaKay

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (dreamsinger1997 @ Dec 11 2007, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
, I hope he cleans them out and sets a precedent where all the people who have been victimized by charlatans such as the Warrens, start seeking legal recourse and financially destroy said people.

Uh, you mean "clean HER out." Forgive me for being so blunt, but Ed is dead........

#17 m2327

m2327

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Karina_Kay @ Dec 11 2007, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh, you mean "clean HER out." Forgive me for being so blunt, but Ed is dead........

The article indicates that the writer (sorry, can't remember his name Brittle or something similar?) is a co-defendent in the suit, so technically it's not just her.

Posted Image

#18 KarinaKay

KarinaKay

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (m2327 @ Dec 11 2007, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The article indicates that the writer (sorry, can't remember his name Brittle or something similar?) is a co-defendent in the suit, so technically it's not just her.

Right, but Dream is referring to Ed and Lorraine specifically.

#19 Dreamsinger

Dreamsinger

Muppet of Science

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Karina_Kay @ Dec 11 2007, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup. I goofed. It should have been (Those: Loraine) but I glitched biggrin.gif Not sure why, but that third brain cell has been glitching lately.

I'd also like to see it spread across that paranormal community. Maybe it could cleanse the more prominent shysters.

#20 KarinaKay

KarinaKay

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (dreamsinger1997 @ Dec 11 2007, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd also like to see it spread across that paranormal community. Maybe it could cleanse the more prominent shysters.

I second that!!! Here! Here!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users