#41 mweebles

mweebles

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 535 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:26 AM

blink.gif

Always wondered who the heck that old lady was on that one episode I saw of 'A Haunting'
Weebles wobble but they don't fall down...Mweebles just falls down.

Posted Image

GHI: You think the ghosts are intense? You should see them play fooseball!
GHI hangout of greatness!

#42 EBathory

EBathory

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (mweebles @ Dec 16 2007, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blink.gif

Always wondered who the heck that old lady was on that one episode I saw of 'A Haunting'

"That old lady"...That's so funny! laugh.gif

People in the UK are barely acquainted with the Warrens, if at all. On a UK message board, I had posted a link to that video of the little girl who supposedly was targeted by a poltergeist. When I saw how she was flipping the wooden chair she was sitting in, I knew right away the kid was doing it. I used to flip the same kind of chair like that when I was a kid....anyway...

One of the funniest comments someone made from England about Lorraine Warren was "What's up that HAIR?" I still remember that today, it was so funny. I always thought she looked like she had gotten hit by lightning.
Conformity is the death of the soul.

#43 Saxman1

Saxman1

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 367 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:19 AM

I'd really love it if they found one place that was really haunted. Some house or building or anywhere that there is actual full bodied apparitions all the time. Not a funny noise on a recorder or dust or mist. Why do these guys keep showing the same old "evidence" time after time. Nothing new at all' except the big boom in new shows on the subject. God' now you can't turn on the tv without seeing some show on ghosts' paranormal stuff or UFOs'.

Thats all good fun but until bigfoot walks in from the woods or a UFO lands or I see some real ghosts' I gotta stick with whats real and not with speculation. IMO ghosts do excist but thats just my own feeling. Hopefully' we will all some day get to see a ghost and bigfoot land in a UFO-that would pretty much rap it all up and cover all the bases.

#44 KarinaKay

KarinaKay

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (EBathory @ Dec 13 2007, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think someone mentioned John Zaffis. If memory serves me right, he is the nephew of the Warrens. Didn't Jason mention way back when that it was John who he went to with his "experience"? Coincidentally, Discovery had an episode of "A Haunting" on (can't remember the title) and Zaffis had been involved and appeared to give his story (though an actor portrayed him in the film). Everything I saw indicated he is no different from his famous or infamous relatives.

Zaffis is also a member of TAPS. No surprise there.....

#45 Blkops

Blkops

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (Funandgames @ Dec 15 2007, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like most news organizations...

I would clarify that by saying 'most cable news organizations'... biggrin.gif

#46 Garbo2007

Garbo2007

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Tuatha De @ Dec 12 2007, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have some concerns about this lawsuit being done so many years after the incident as well as a show recently done on it and now a new book.  The timing just seems off to me.  I am not commenting on the validity of the lawsuit, mind you, just the timing of it.  Everything seems to be about $$ now.

Given that the guy (Carl Glatzel) was basically still a kid when the Bittle/Warrens book was originally published, it doesn't seem entirely implausible that he just let it alone all these years until he recently learned that not only was the book now back in print but that a movie based on the book was in the works. As for the opportunity to tell the other side of his family's story, why not?

Evidently the pending law suit has already had some impact. According to Bittle, the author of "The Devil in Connecticut," the publisher has stopped selling the book.  http://www.thedemono...t.net/work7.htm  The author of course swears the book is completely true and factual.

Interestingly, Ray Garton, author of "In a Dark Place," another Warrens case, makes no claims that his book is factual. Quite the contrary. Apparently he has said on more than one occasion that the family in that case had real issues (dysfunctions) and they couldn't keep the story straight.  He thought he was writing a nonfiction book and it was a problem that the family kept changing their stories. Ed Warren told him not to worry, the family was "crazy," and to just make stuff up, incorporating what details from the family he could, and to "make it scary." Garton has said he couldn't afford the attorney fees to get out of the contract so he went ahead with the book.  An interview with Garton is linked to on this page: http://www.amityvill...interviews.html

Clearly Glatzel is aware of Garton's comments since he includes a quote from Garton on his website.

#47 EBathory

EBathory

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Garbo2007 @ Dec 16 2007, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Given that the guy (Carl Glatzel) was basically still a kid when the Bittle/Warrens book was originally published, it doesn't seem entirely implausible that he just let it alone all these years until he recently learned that not only was the book now back in print but that a movie based on the book was in the works. As for the opportunity to tell the other side of his family's story, why not?

Evidently the pending law suit has already had some impact. According to Bittle, the author of "The Devil in Connecticut," the publisher has stopped selling the book. http://www.thedemono...t.net/work7.htm The author of course swears the book is completely true and factual.

Interestingly, Ray Garton, author of "In a Dark Place," another Warrens case, makes no claims that his book is factual. Quite the contrary. Apparently he has said on more than one occasion that the family in that case had real issues (dysfunctions) and they couldn't keep the story straight. He thought he was writing a nonfiction book and it was a problem that the family kept changing their stories. Ed Warren told him not to worry, the family was "crazy," and to just make stuff up, incorporating what details from the family he could, and to "make it scary." Garton has said he couldn't afford the attorney fees to get out of the contract so he went ahead with the book. An interview with Garton is linked to on this page: http://www.amityvill...interviews.html

Clearly Glatzel is aware of Garton's comments since he includes a quote from Garton on his website.

Very interesting....I thought the comments on the website were hilarious!

The only thing that bothers me is that now "The Devil In Connecticut" will become a collectors' item and sell for $350 in the Amazon sellers' marketplace. wink.gif

#48 picklepatty

picklepatty

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:01 PM

John Zaffis.... I remember when he was on an episode of Ghost Hunters. Jason even said that he didn't put much stock in what the Warrens said. I still like the show, though. I am immensely gullible, but, if the evidence is not real, at least it's entertaining. Paranormal State sucks, in my opinion.

#49 m2327

m2327

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (picklepatty @ Jan 6 2008, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
John Zaffis.... I remember when he was on an episode of Ghost Hunters. Jason even said that he didn't put much stock in what the Warrens said. I still like the show, though. I am immensely gullible, but, if the evidence is not real, at least it's entertaining. Paranormal State sucks, in my opinion.

Then, by your rationale, TAPS sucks as well? wink.gif
Life Behind the Irony Curtain

Posted Image

#50 MissDylan

MissDylan

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:03 PM

Wow.
It is just to easy to be a complete liar in this field.
"I don't know about you, Miss Kitty, but I feel so much yummier."

#51 Kichiel

Kichiel

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:32 AM

This is so depressing. I grew up as a kid idolizing Ed and Lorraine Warren. I used to carry THE DEMONOLOGIST in my back pocket as a manual. It's no wonder I can't find it anymore.

#52 DevilbustedinCT

DevilbustedinCT

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:01 PM

Thank you all so much for your interest and support. I started a new topic as to not disturb this one too much. It is very interesting to hear all your opinions. Thanks and regards,

FXR

#53 DevilbustedinCT

DevilbustedinCT

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:16 PM

Lorraine Warren has been served... http://www.geocities...bustedinct/news

#54 xXSpookyXx

xXSpookyXx

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:37 PM

Thank you for the update and thank God some one is finally taking Mrs. Warren to task. Actually I think the families that endured harrasment, and subjected to all kinds of nut jobs that tried to live in the Amityville house ought to slap a lawsuit of their own on her as being part of the reason why they've gone through the problems with the general public that they do.

#55 EBathory

EBathory

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:59 AM

This has made my day! Thank you so much for the update. This has been long in coming and hopefully will send a chill up the spines of other alleged frauds. I can't even watch Paranormal State if I know she is going to put in an appearance.

I have always contended that people have been more harmed then helped by the Warrens (and now just Lorraine), inferring that demons were responsible for everything. Especially despicable was the way they frightened any children that might be in the house. Both plaintiffs in this case were stigmatized by her allegations. But even if it doesn't go that far, imagine the nightmares impressionable young children can have as the result of their forcing their delusions on others.

Now, let's see if justice will be done. Does anyone know if this has made the media--newspaper, TV etc.? I think more people should be made aware of this, since she is now on TV again via PS.

#56 cherryturner

cherryturner

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:17 PM

I donít think this will damage any of the paranormal shows. I have seen a video of the warrens in an investigation that is quite compelling. True or not, there field of demonology is a real one. How real all things THEY do are however debatable. As for the Johnsonís I donít think their integrity will falter. Even if they were ďtrainedĒ by the Warrens, demonology is something that is learned in more ways than just from one person. Itís deeply rooted by faith, and the education is mostly through experience in faith than it is from a book, or a Warren. I would imagine its more their faith coming under the gun, than their true ability. Many people proclaim Catholics as non Christians because of their reverence for the evil side. Because they respect it itís devil worship or something like that. I find it quite stupid personal. Not a catholic myself, but itís the first place Iíd run if my husband began throwing up green goo!
Everyone tells ghost stories, but few have ever seen a ghost.check out who I am

#57 EBathory

EBathory

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (BettyBondage @ Feb 4 2008, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I donít think this will damage any of the paranormal shows. I have seen a video of the warrens in an investigation that is quite compelling. True or not, there field of demonology is a real one. How real all things THEY do are however debatable. As for the Johnsonís I donít think their integrity will falter. Even if they were ďtrainedĒ by the Warrens, demonology is something that is learned in more ways than just from one person. Itís deeply rooted by faith, and the education is mostly through experience in faith than it is from a book, or a Warren. I would imagine its more their faith coming under the gun, than their true ability. Many people proclaim Catholics as non Christians because of their reverence for the evil side. Because they respect it itís devil worship or something like that. I find it quite stupid personal. Not a catholic myself, but itís the first place Iíd run if my husband began throwing up green goo!

Of course you are free to have your own opinion, but I have yet to see anything at all that would convince me of demons, possessions etc. And if the Warren video is the one I'm thinking about, the little girl pulled off a lot of stuff and fooled a lot of grownups. IMO the Warrens shared a "folie a deux" or shared delusion regarding demonic activity and were able to convince very vulnerable and scared people of something that did not exist. IMO they did a LOT of harm, but then again, you simply cannot protect people from themselves.

#58 rainbowsaftertherain

rainbowsaftertherain

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (EBathory @ Feb 4 2008, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course you are free to have your own opinion, but I have yet to see anything at all that would convince me of demons, possessions etc. And if the Warren video is the one I'm thinking about, the little girl pulled off a lot of stuff and fooled a lot of grownups. IMO the Warrens shared a "folie a deux" or shared delusion regarding demonic activity and were able to convince very vulnerable and scared people of something that did not exist. IMO they did a LOT of harm, but then again, you simply cannot protect people from themselves.

AMEN ON HER BEING SERVED... I hope this shed some light on other cases they have done in the past. Please post the out come of this matter when judgement is renderd. I think this news should be added to fourms on Haunting,PS, and others whom claim the Warrens creidtablty is genuine.

#59 xXSpookyXx

xXSpookyXx

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:33 PM

I would question anything and everything that has the Warren's stamp of approval on it. Whether or not demon's exist and demonology is real or not, I don't know. I am skeptical of it all, but if it does exist, this doesn't mean that one should believe every Tom, **** or Harry (or Warren for that matter) that claims to be able to cast out demons. I think it is quite possible for some one to believe in Demons and demonologists yet doubt the Warrens and consider them chartlons of which I am quite certain that they are. I remember reading through the website they had before Ed passed away (not sure if it is still up) and I came across info on preparing for demon excorcism. It looked interesting and then suddenly I see them saying (I paraphrase) "open up all containers and closets so that the demon can't hide in them." Once I got over the urge to burst out laughing I had many questions come to mind such as: Since when does, and according to whom is it that "containers" and "closets" have this awesome power to protect demons? Why on earth would a Demon need to hide in a container? etc. and etc. In short, I definitely spotted a fraud there making some silly claims about containers. lol

Oh I would like to share a letter written by the author of "A Haunting in Conneticutt" where he discloses his dealings with the Warrens as well as how spurious that story was as well...

Snips from the letter...

I've posted about the Warrens in another thread, Cleo, but at the risk of
repeating myself, I felt the urge to do it again here, with more details.
You
asked for Warren stories ... well, I've got one. Please don't take this as
a
personal attack, because it's not, really. Neither is it an opinion. This
really happened. I'm going to tell you what I *think* of the Warrens, but
first I'm going to tell you what I *know* of the Warrens.

I wrote IN A DARK PLACE: THE STORY OF A TRUE HAUNTING, in which a family had
lived in a house that used to be a mortuary (allegedly...I never saw the
inside of the house myself), which was, according to the Warrens, infested
with demons. But the family involved, which was going through some serious
problems like alcoholism and drug addiction, could *not* keep their story
straight, and I became very frustrated; it's hard writing a non-fiction book
when all the people involved are telling you different stories. So I went
to
Ed Warren and told him my problem. He told me not to worry, that the family
was "crazy". I was shocked. He said, "All the people who come to us are
crazy. You think *sane* people would come to us?" He knew I'd written a
lot
of horror novels prior to that, so he told me to just make the story up
using
whatever details I could incorporate into the book, and make it scary.
Because I couldn't afford the attorney fees it would take to get out of the
contract, I had to go through with the book, but I didn't like it.
Since
then, other writers who have worked with the Warrens have told me the EXACT
SAME STORY, but they've done so quietly because they don't want to make any
waves with publishers.

I spent several days with the Warrens during that time. I spent time with
them in their home and ate with them and went on long drives with them. Of
the two, Lorraine is the sanest. She's an "enabler". Years ago, before
their career in the "supernatural" began, Ed suffered from mental illness.
It was bad enough to keep him from working, and the only way he could make
money was to hand paint haunted houses on dinnerplates and sell them door to
door. Once Ed decided that Lorraine was "psychic", selling the haunted
house
plates eventually led to "investigating" haunted houses.
At first, they
found "ghosts". But after the tremendous success of THE EXORCIST -- both
the

Not only are the Warrens frauds, not only do they give a bad name to people
who are SERIOUSLY investigating paranormal phenomena, I think they're EVIL
because of the way they exploit families already deep in despair and ready
to
shatter. I can ignore a simple con job ... but the Warrens are actually
damaging people who are already damaged, who are desperate and vulnerable,
using them for the sake of a book, maybe a lucrative movie sale, or another
story to add to their traveling dog and pony show. Before I worked on that
book, I'd followed the adventures of Ed and Lorraine Warren faithfully since
I was a little boy. I was excited to work with them. Boy, was that a big
disappointment. It's nice to believe there's a smiling, grandparently
couple
out there chasing demons ... but not when you know they're hurting people
for
the sake of publicity and the almighty dollar.

Ray Garton

http://groups.google...ce9a0178e6c2330

#60 cherryturner

cherryturner

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (EBathory @ Feb 4 2008, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I used to watch PS, I just wondered what a lady of her age was running around like that forÖ Sheíll break a hip! (Iím a CNA itís my job) Now I just look for the details of the crew leading her to say just the right thing and notice exactly how vague her ďreadingĒ is. Everything is evil with her.

I was watching the video where the whole table movesÖ The little girl was sitting at a table doing her home work, but I wasnít so much impressed by thatÖ itís too humanly tainted to be taken at face value; but making all the table and chairs move was what I wanted debunked. I canít think of anything so complex yet. Iím working on it though!
Everyone tells ghost stories, but few have ever seen a ghost.check out who I am

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users