• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 leftkidney

leftkidney

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 10:30 PM

in the Hades Gamma section in the Dis system on planet Jartar in the info about it it says

"...Jatar is noted for the discovery of the "Leviathan of Dis," the apparent corpse of a genetically engineered lining starship..."

the main ship on Farscape was a Leviathan that was a living ship named Moya

#2 Slawman

Slawman

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (leftkidney @ Dec 23 2007, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
in the Hades Gamma section in the Dis system on planet Jartar in the info about it it says

"...Jatar is noted for the discovery of the "Leviathan of Dis," the apparent corpse of a genetically engineered lining starship..."

the main ship on Farscape was a Leviathan that was a living ship named Moya

not necessarily a farscape reference. leviathan is a common name used for very large ships. it's hebrew for whale or seamonster or something like that, and many seamonsters (and the whales in moby ****) are named that.

and a living beast of burden is certainly not a new concept.

that said, i would think it pretty likely that it is, in fact a fs reference.
Posted Image

#3 leftkidney

leftkidney

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:17 PM

but no where has a Leviathan been called a living ship other than Farscape from what I can find

yea they do have other leviathans but they are large ships that have another classification for them as well and mostly arent living

I am not 100% sure about this but I think that farscape was the only place a living ship was called a leviathan

if I am missing something here let me know because if there are other sci-fi shows out there that are dealing with a living ship classified as a Leviathan

#4 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:11 PM

I believe Marvel comics had some. (not an expert, and they didnt look like Moya, but were sort of flesh colored ships that looked slightly more manta-ray ish).

I dont know if Enterprise referred to the living ships they came across as leviathons...but they did call him "Junior" when a baby one attached to their ship for nutirients.

Leviathon isnt a class in Farscape, but a race, so its not so uncommon in use for the living ships in various fictions to referred to as them, as they are really big floating creatures.

All that being said, yes, I'd like to think it was a reference to Talyn's remains at the memorial site <g>

#5 KF7

KF7

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:14 PM

#6 leftkidney

leftkidney

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:11 AM

well I am not really an expert on Frascape stuff and I would like to know if anyone who is has played Mass Effect knows if there are more Farscape references in the game

everytime I play the game I think of Farscape even before I say that about the Leviathon

#7 Lassievorc

Lassievorc

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:36 PM

Well I'm sure it's a FARSCAPE reference! The coolest and smartest people just seem to have knowledge of Farscape concepts...
FARSCAPE itself is ultimately cool and smart, among other things...
Lassievorc/Lindsay
SCAPER
CEO #22

SACC #70-40
Stargater

#8 CambiadorDeNombres

CambiadorDeNombres

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (Lassievorc @ Jan 4 2008, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I'm sure it's a FARSCAPE reference! The coolest and smartest people just seem to have knowledge of Farscape concepts...
FARSCAPE itself is ultimately cool and smart, among other things...

On the other hand, there's a glove.

tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users