34 replies to this topic

#1 Blkops

Blkops

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:00 PM

Gee...everybody one and all...get your monies together...

Kris Williams is representing TAPS at a conference...with her
vast knowledge and experience, it should be a very special
evening...LOL. Also, check out her publicity photo...not your
Mama's Ghost Hunter...LOL!

http://ap-investigat...t_Rush2008.html

#2 irisheyes888

irisheyes888

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (Blkops @ Jan 1 2008, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ohhh boy, let the fun begin, lol. I could see if some of the other members of TAPS would be guest speakers at conferences, but I don't think Kris Williams has the expertise or knowledge to be speaking at engagements at all yet...... blink.gif

#3 popinjay

popinjay

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 496 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:07 PM

I don`t know whether I should laugh or feel sad for her. Oh, well; people will line up to see the celebrity.
http://richlabonte.net/tvvote/ Vote for the X-Files!

#4 irisheyes888

irisheyes888

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (popinjay @ Jan 1 2008, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don`t know whether I should laugh or feel sad for her. Oh, well; people will line up to see the celebrity.

Oh my goodness, some people will pay to see her speak.....I only hope she doesn't start talking about her ex-boyfriend, and the bitten legs incidences like she did at one of the investigations.... blink.gif

#5 javadude

javadude

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Blkops @ Jan 1 2008, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And it only costs $150 to attend? What a bargain!! haha. At least the conference goers will enjoy the scenery getting there. I've been to Volcano several times... it's a beautiful area.

#6 tindegirl

tindegirl

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Blkops @ Jan 1 2008, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is hilarius. She on the show to provide the "bit of fluff" for all the male viewers and fellow male ghost hunters, but that's about all she is qualified to do. Oh well, she was an obvious network plant from the start, so she would be the obvious choice to represent the network at conferences. I think I'll keep my money, I'm saving up for an emf detector! lol

#7 KarinaKay

KarinaKay

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:06 PM

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it said, "Kris Williams squeaks" and I thought, "well, DUH."

laugh.gif

#8 Bowmore

Bowmore

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (javadude @ Jan 1 2008, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And it only costs $150 to attend? What a bargain!! haha. At least the conference goers will enjoy the scenery getting there. I've been to Volcano several times... it's a beautiful area.

I wonder what she will talk about ......

she probably has a PHD in in Ghost Hunting by now, judging by the rest of the field. You can actually buy PHD:s on the net nowdays .

One place

Another

Java, you being US citizen, does anything have the right to call itself university over there ?

#9 javadude

javadude

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (Bowmore @ Jan 1 2008, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder what she will talk about ......

she probably has a PHD in in Ghost Hunting by now, judging by the rest of the field. You can actually buy PHD:s on the net nowdays .

One place

Another

Java, you being US citizen, does anything have the right to call itself university over there ?

I think any organization can call itself a university in the USA. As far as I know there are no federal guidelines that govern that. That is why there are so many fake online universities that give out diplomas for a fee. I could be wrong.

#10 KarinaKay

KarinaKay

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (javadude @ Jan 1 2008, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think any organization can call itself a university in the USA. As far as I know there are no federal guidelines that govern that. That is why there are so many fake online universities that give out diplomas for a fee. I could be wrong.

I know this one.....

The big thing with a University is accreditation.

For example, I was considering getting a Master's Degree in Library Science. Where do i get my degree? Many universities offer one. But, to be hired, most employers look for my degree to have come from a program accredited by American Library Association - http://www.ala.org/ If they have NOT accredited the program where I earned my degree, it is not worth the piece of paper it is written on.

Same with most other college degrees. Doesn't matter if the courses are all online, through the mail, or on campus.

As for the paranormal, well, it depends entirely on who you are trying to please. TAPS has specifics for it's family members, including PC software, (sorry - I left the group before I got all the details) but no university degree is needed.

#11 geistschlager

geistschlager

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 449 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:17 PM

Karina Kay got it right-- it comes down to accreditation-- and if it isn't the "right kind" of accreditation, then a lot of employers (or if you want to transfer schools) will look down/not allow transfer credit. If ANYONE says they have a PhD in Ghosthunting... be very afraid. I've worked for my REAL doctoral degree-- it isn't all fun and games! And you don't get one for a hobby!

#12 sofien

sofien

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:57 AM

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I just wanted to clarify for you.

Kris isn't speaking at Ghost Rush. She is coming to the conference to investigate, meet fans, and hang out. She's good friends with the conference organizer and is doing this as a favor to her.

You can see the updated web site here: www.ghostrush.com It includes a schedule of speakers and events. Enjoy!

#13 ghostmom

ghostmom

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:05 PM

You people are horrible!! If any of you knew Kris, you would not have even posted this topic. She is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet and she is very intelligent!
She is also a great investigator. How would you all feel if you were in her shoes and people were talking about you like this? Not good huh!

As for Ghost Rush, I will be there. Most of the people who are going to these events are into the paranormal and love to investigate places that they would other wise not be able to investigate. Sure you’ll have your “fans” but the majority of people that are going to these are with an established group.

#14 javadude

javadude

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (ghostmom @ Jan 6 2008, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She is also a great investigator.

Yes, we've seen her great investigating talents on Ghost Hunters, where they were teaching her the very basics.

#15 Dreamsinger

Dreamsinger

Muppet of Science

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (ghostmom @ Jan 6 2008, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You people are horrible!! If any of you knew Kris, you would not have even posted this topic. She is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet and she is very intelligent!
She is also a great investigator. How would you all feel if you were in her shoes and people were talking about you like this? Not good huh!

As for Ghost Rush, I will be there. Most of the people who are going to these events are into the paranormal and love to investigate places that they would other wise not be able to investigate. Sure you'll have your "fans" but the majority of people that are going to these are with an established group.

Sweetness has nothing to do with competency, which is what many people are harping on. This gal knew nothing when they were shooting last summer, unless that is a lie we were fed by the show. But, from what I've seen, there are viewers here that know more about TAPS style of ghost hunting than she does.

As for Ghost Rush, I'd be curious to see the breakdown in numbers between fans and groups, for the past 5 years. BTW, is there anybody attending that does anything more than propogate the unfounded dogma of paranormal investigations?

#16 KarinaKay

KarinaKay

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (javadude @ Jan 6 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, we've seen her great investigating talents on Ghost Hunters, where they were teaching her the very basics.

laugh.gif biggrin.gif

#17 Saxman1

Saxman1

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:11 PM

I really can't see what any of them has to offer at any convention or show. What have they learnesd from this? What have we learned from watching these guys week after week. They go from one place to another finding no really good evidence of anything and the whole show has come down to personalities. Who is backstabbing who and who will Jay blow up at this week? They have no good, new information to add to the field of paranormal and are just milking the public. They are no different then John Edward or Van Praugh charging for sessions. It's a scam and a waste of time and they don,t need your money. They make enough from the show as well as their day jobs. Have you had to pay a plumber lately? Keep your money in your pocket folks. Don't support scams.

#18 FearTurtlesForever

FearTurtlesForever

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:33 PM

Kris is a TV personality. If she wishes to speak at this convention, well then the more power to her. I don't believe anyone who has post in this thread so far has heard her speak. So we have no idea if she will present herself as a Paranormal Expert or not. If she had already then most of the comments here would be justified.

Ghostmama or what every you name is. I seriously doubt that anyone here is actually jealous of Kris or an of the TAPS member (Past or Present). Most of us are simply erritated because TAPS has choosen to waiste a great opprotunity to represent the community in an honest and crediable fashion.

#19 MissDylan

MissDylan

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:33 PM

Is she still a TAPS member?

I am sure she is a "nice person" and no disrespect, but they really need to get a kick *** chick on this show.
Someone who has a great personality and knows what they are doing.
"I don't know about you, Miss Kitty, but I feel so much yummier."

#20 TuathaDe

TuathaDe

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (FearTurtlesForever @ Jan 7 2008, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kris is a TV personality. If she wishes to speak at this convention, well then the more power to her. I don't believe anyone who has post in this thread so far has heard her speak. So we have no idea if she will present herself as a Paranormal Expert or not. If she had already then most of the comments here would be justified.

Ghostmama or what every you name is. I seriously doubt that anyone here is actually jealous of Kris or an of the TAPS member (Past or Present). Most of us are simply erritated because TAPS has choosen to waiste a great opprotunity to represent the community in an honest and crediable fashion.

Well written, FT. I don't think anyone here is jealous of Kris. If she or TAPS was charging $150.00 to see her speak then I would have a real problem based on her limited experience in the paranormal field as I am sure there are many other investigators who have more knowledge than she and could be asked to speak. Actually I have a problem paying ANYONE $150.00 to talk to me. But that is a whole other issue.

~The TRUTH will set you free~

Too many GH obsessed groupies that want nothing but to smell Jason's socks and sniff Grant's underwear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users