• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 IamSkimMilky

IamSkimMilky

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:50 PM

i thought that it was interesting that these entities were "answering" the investigators questions. supposedly. thats a little too good to be true in my book. i would have loved to see a few things during that segment. unfortunately, every answer was yes. this is strange. they should have done more research and asked a question that maybe the ghost, if it was the victim that the show implied, would have known. maybe ask if X was your mother? ask if this or that was their hobby or profession. also, i would have liked to see them ask the ghost to make the meter read no, or ask it not to answer a particular question. i feel this would have lended a bit of credibility.

#2 gruyere

gruyere

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:28 AM

I felt this whole episode had very little credibility. The house where the murders took place was not "just up the hill" from this residence, and why would Sharon Tate haunt that residence, when there were more residences closer to where she died? I know the house where she died was demolished in 1994, but why would her spirit inhabit this other residence? I don't recal reading about any hauntings of the house where she died, except when I lived in LA people were rather wary of living there, but never heard any real stories about hauntings.

I thought the owner of the residence they were investigating really wanted his house to be haunted by Sharon Tate. I thought he was disappointed there wasn't more tangible evidence.

#3 Dreamsinger

Dreamsinger

Muppet of Science

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (IamSkimMilky @ Jan 11 2008, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i thought that it was interesting that these entities were "answering" the investigators questions. supposedly. thats a little too good to be true in my book. i would have loved to see a few things during that segment. unfortunately, every answer was yes. this is strange. they should have done more research and asked a question that maybe the ghost, if it was the victim that the show implied, would have known. maybe ask if X was your mother? ask if this or that was their hobby or profession. also, i would have liked to see them ask the ghost to make the meter read no, or ask it not to answer a particular question. i feel this would have lended a bit of credibility.

Try this thread:
http://forums.scifi....amp;hl=flemming

#4 gruyere

gruyere

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:59 AM

dreamsinger,

thanks for the link. What a fraudulent episode. Sounds just like the synopsis of the movie. I hope that Jay and Grant were only required to do this episode because of contractual obligations. If not, then they have lost more than just a little credibility in my eyes. Not that they had 100% credibility prior to this episide...

#5 MissDylan

MissDylan

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 540 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:31 AM

I know this has been discussed to death but I just wanted to add....

A haunting or a ghost would be from someone who either did not know that they were dead, or did not want to move on.

From all the things I have read about Sharon Tate, neither of those two things would be true.
"I don't know about you, Miss Kitty, but I feel so much yummier."

#6 iamabeliever2

iamabeliever2

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (Gruyere @ Jan 15 2008, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I felt this whole episode had very little credibility.  The house where the murders took place was not "just up the hill" from this residence, and why would Sharon Tate haunt that residence, when there were more residences closer to where she died?  I know the house where she died was demolished in 1994, but why would her spirit inhabit this other residence?  I don't recal reading about any hauntings of the house where she died, except when I lived in LA people were rather wary of living there, but never heard any real stories about hauntings.

I thought the owner of the residence they were investigating really wanted his house to be haunted by Sharon Tate.  I thought he was disappointed there wasn't more tangible evidence.

Initially, i thought the same thing about the episode. but when i heard about the owner using a ouiji board there, my feelings changed. I believe that all that happened there isnt too incredible, because of the things i have experienced as a result of someone using the ouiji board. Anyone who has experienced it knows what im talking about. NEVER, mess with one of those....

#7 iamabeliever2

iamabeliever2

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:48 AM

I felt this whole episode had very little credibility.  The house where the murders took place was not "just up the hill" from this residence, and why would Sharon Tate haunt that residence, when there were more residences closer to where she died?  I know the house where she died was demolished in 1994, but why would her spirit inhabit this other residence?  I don't recal reading about any hauntings of the house where she died, except when I lived in LA people were rather wary of living there, but never heard any real stories about hauntings.

I thought the owner of the residence they were investigating really wanted his house to be haunted by Sharon Tate.  I thought he was disappointed there wasn't more tangible evidence.

Initially, i thought the same thing about the episode. but when i heard about the owner using a ouiji board there, my feelings changed. I believe that all that happened there isnt too incredible, because of the things i have experienced as a result of someone using the ouiji board. Anyone who has experienced it knows what im talking about. NEVER, mess with one of those....

#8 xXSpookyXx

xXSpookyXx

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:02 PM

I felt this whole episode had very little credibility. The house where the murders took place was not "just up the hill" from this residence, and why would Sharon Tate haunt that residence, when there were more residences closer to where she died? I know the house where she died was demolished in 1994, but why would her spirit inhabit this other residence? I don't recal reading about any hauntings of the house where she died, except when I lived in LA people were rather wary of living there, but never heard any real stories about hauntings.

I thought the owner of the residence they were investigating really wanted his house to be haunted by Sharon Tate. I thought he was disappointed there wasn't more tangible evidence.

Good points. I don't get it either for the same reasons you do not. People were creeped out by the death house, but because of the gruesome murders that took place there, rather than anything paranormal. And why would these spirits just crash this guy's house? Surely they are mobile spirits (if they exist) and as such can find places by far more luxerious to dwell in, in that area. Even if I were to suppose that there were actual spirits there at all, I saw nothing that would confirm that they are the victims of the Mason murders.

#9 Dreamsinger

Dreamsinger

Muppet of Science

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (iamabeliever2 @ Jan 23 2008, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love Oujia boards. Great game. What's really fun is to let a couple of people play around with one for a while and the blindfold them. After you're sure they can't see the board, turn it 90 or 180 degrees and see what gibberish they spell biggrin.gif

#10 javadude

javadude

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (dreamsinger1997 @ Jan 23 2008, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love Oujia boards. Great game. What's really fun is to let a couple of people play around with one for a while and the blindfold them. After you're sure they can't see the board, turn it 90 or 180 degrees and see what gibberish they spell biggrin.gif

I'll take Ouija boards more seriously when they put out a model that can move without having people's fingers on it. Until then I'm just going to assume that it's useless to people without overactive imaginations.

#11 Gravin

Gravin

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (Gruyere @ Jan 15 2008, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dreamsinger,

thanks for the link. What a fraudulent episode. Sounds just like the synopsis of the movie. I hope that Jay and Grant were only required to do this episode because of contractual obligations. If not, then they have lost more than just a little credibility in my eyes. Not that they had 100% credibility prior to this episide...

During the entire ghostly Q&A session I could almost hear Jason groaning and thinking "Here goes every bit of cred that we have." - obviously, if they thought that there was anything that happened in that house with a basis in reality, they would have picked it as a favorite (conversation with a specific spirit should be exciting enough for at least a mention.)

#12 Dreamsinger

Dreamsinger

Muppet of Science

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Gravin @ Jan 23 2008, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
During the entire ghostly Q&A session I could almost hear Jason groaning and thinking "Here goes every bit of cred that we have." - obviously, if they thought that there was anything that happened in that house with a basis in reality, they would have picked it as a favorite (conversation with a specific spirit should be exciting enough for at least a mention.)

I think they're hoping this episode would die because of peoples reaction to Chris Fleming, and the docotored thermal footage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users