18418 replies to this topic

#17101 DutyCalls

DutyCalls

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

Q - Quandary I have about something concerning one of my matches at eHarmony. He's from Sioux Falls, and he hasn't written in over a week. I have a friend here who says to just move on to another match, but that's easier said than done. I keep thinking is it something with me? Is that the reason he's not writing me? Then I remember that he sent me a message over a week and a half ago that said he was busy training at work and it has his days pretty tied up.

What should I do? Should I wait and let him answer me, or should I forget about him and move on? I just don't know what to do. :(

S - Sounds like eHarmony is giving you a hard time babe? These dating sites are supposed to make it easy for everyone because it's 'remote' .. But you still have to be quite *strong* to go on one because if the other person is not interested - then you MUST NOT take it Personally, ..Or let it make you become 'Needy' - How long have you known him? If it's a month and he's distancing himself because of this or that, then your friend is probably right and you should move on! .. If it's a week, then give him another couple of weeks and see what he does .. (or till his training ends - & if he did not say when then leave now! ) Give each of your 'prospectives' a time limit. .. say 2- 4 weeks, and see how they behave in that time! If they mess you around or if they treat you badly (REGARDLESS of how much YOU like them, or if they are Handsome or rich etc, etc ) then move on! But if you are Both interested, then you will both keep communicating no matter what other things are going on in your life - Right? In the end it's all about compatibility and if he is dragging his feet then it just means that you are not really that well matched! That's all, no big deal, Although, if you Keep getting bad-Matches, then you have to make sure that you have been honest on your 'Choices' forms, otherwise you will keep getting all the wrong matches sent to you.. Remember, there IS Definitely a perfect person for you out there, - you just have to go through a ton of others to get to him so I would not let it worry you Shirl. It's a learning curve for when you do meet *Mr Right!* ... So relax! Be happy and have fun on there because happiness and fun attract! x
:) DC

"Let me assure this House that her Majesty's Government has never been approached by people from outer space..." ( - 1979 Government briefing for the House of Lords)

... are you out of your Vulcan mind ?

#17102 LadySciFi

LadySciFi

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,434 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

T - Truth may be that he is just busy. You may want to leave a "just thinking of you....hope the training you are doing at work is going great!!" email. Then leave it at that. If he responds, great if not, move on. Its not you. Some of these guys like to go to these sites cuz they are players. Some people also get kind of weird during holidays.

U - Ugh, getting up early sux, and training drains me. I am ready for bed and it is not even 10 yet :blink:

Posted Image Posted Image

#17103 imzadi35

imzadi35

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

V - Very glad I am to have you all as friends. I plan to leave him one more message, then let it go at that. If he responds, then it's because God wanted it to be so. But telling me not to get 'attached' is not so easy with this one. I already am. But I'm still keeping my options open.

W - Wish it weren't this hard. :(

XYZ says thank you for your advice everyone. :)

John 3:16
sttngsigoq1.png

stargatesg1SIG.jpg

#17104 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,896 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

V - Very deep thoughts about what I learned during my extreme period of unemployment: humility.

W - When I start Monday, I can't wait for that 'new job smell'. :P

XYZ - Wrote a list of things I need to purchase now that I'll have an income. With my first paycheck, I going to buy a scanner that will scan film negatives. Then I'll buy the real important things. :)

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#17105 imzadi35

imzadi35

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

A - And I wish you all the best, pscard.

B - Baby puppies on the Animal Planet Channel tonight. They were featuring three different breeds. Jack Russel Terrier, Portuguese Water Dogs, and the Bull Mastiff. Too cute! :wub:

C - Can safely say that I want a doggie when and if I get married. I love cats, but I love dogs, too.

sttngsigoq1.png

stargatesg1SIG.jpg

#17106 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,896 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

D - Delightful surprise when I checked in on the habanero plants. Three of the peppers changed color from green to orange! That's a good sign that they're almost mature enough to pick.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

#17107 imzadi35

imzadi35

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

E - Ever so worried for a friend of mine up here. Her son is missing, and has been since Thursday. :(

F - Find him, I hope they do.

G - Good for you, pscard! I don't like peppers all that much myself, but I'm glad yours are doing so well. :)

sttngsigoq1.png

stargatesg1SIG.jpg

#17108 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,896 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

H - Hope everyone has a very happy and blessed Easter!

#17109 imzadi35

imzadi35

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

I - I agree...
Posted Image

J - Just hope everyone has a safe holiday, too.

K - Kind of sad that I can't go to my mom's for Easter. I have to work. :(

sttngsigoq1.png

stargatesg1SIG.jpg

#17110 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,896 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

L - Loved my first day at work! Boy did it feel good to sit in a cubicle once again and I really missed that new job smell. :)

#17111 imzadi35

imzadi35

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

M - My congrats again, pscard. :)

N - Not so warm here. Some parts of SD are even under a freeze warning. Brrrrrrrrrrrr! :(

O - Oh I am tired! I had to go to work earlier than I'm used to today. So time to go home and get some sleep. Night all! :D

sttngsigoq1.png

stargatesg1SIG.jpg

#17112 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,896 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

P - Pretty tired myself. I was up late and woke early.

Q - Quite nice day at work. I and two other team members brainstormed the project we're working on. The team leader was impressed. :)

#17113 imzadi35

imzadi35

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

R - Really pleased for you, pscard. WTG!! :D

S - So cold today. I don't think the temps broke into the 50's at all today. A little breezy too, unfortunately. Posted Image

T - Thankfully tomorrow should be warmer and less windy. :)

sttngsigoq1.png

stargatesg1SIG.jpg

#17114 imzadi35

imzadi35

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

U - Umbrellas were needed today as it was cold and rainy today. Brrrrrrrrrrr! :(

V - Very cold tonight it's supposed to get. I'll have to turn on my heated mattress pad again. I just love that thing! :D

W - Where oh where is pscard? Is he here? Posted Image

sttngsigoq1.png

stargatesg1SIG.jpg

#17115 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,896 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

XYZ - I had no internet connection since Wednesday and the TV reception was a bit distorted. I called the cable company and one guy, then another came by to fix things. They were here for about three hours.

#17116 LadySciFi

LadySciFi

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,434 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

A - And here I am to save the day!!! :D

B - Boy work is tough, but like you said pscard, it is sooo nice to finally be back in the main stream. My boss told me I was doing a good job..whew...I am so glad.

C - Cooking is the only thing that has been hard with my back and working all day. My poor family. My hubby's schedule changed too. He now works from 10pm to 6:30am. Ugh...I am leaving for work when he is just coming in.

D - Do have my own office. It is nice. I will be moving after May 1st, so won't get comfortable until then. Yay!!! And it is just a cubicle too. But it's my cubicle.

E - Ever so nice that things are finally looking good.

F - Finally, I was wondering about that gentleman you met that you were having issues with imzadi. Did he ever contact you again?

Posted Image Posted Image

#17117 imzadi35

imzadi35

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

G - Gee, no he didn't. :(

H - Haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks now. Posted Image Posted Image

I - I just chalk it up to a learning experience, but I am getting discouraged about ever finding my soul mate. :(

sttngsigoq1.png

stargatesg1SIG.jpg

#17118 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,896 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

J - 'Just Another Day in Eureka' - The title of Eureka's final episode.

K - Kouldn't say this for a long time: TGIF! :)

L - Liked the fix the cable guy did. The reception is so much more clearer than it EVER has been, even on the stations that were always a bit distorted.

M - Most of the work was done outside. He had to locate and replace the underground cable wire. He was here from around 7:15 PM to after 10 PM. The problem was locating and digging up the ground and he found tree roots that were in the way.

N - Night had fallen and gotten dark, but I helped by holding my work light for him. I know he appreciated it because he said most people just stay inside while waiting for him to do the work. I did feel sorry for him because of all the problems he encountered, so I offered him a bottle water.

O - Only problem was when his co-worker came by to help out. He had crawled into the garage attic and accidentally broke the attic access panel (made out of sheet rock). I had originally laid it across the 2x4s, and when he went up there, he started to lose his balance and his knee smashed into it. The two guys and I talked about it and said it would be reported and the manager would come by after I asked if the cable company would pay for the cost of replacing it.

P - Pretty soon after that, they came in the house and replaced the splitters and some wiring in all the cable sockets. I asked and said I won't be charged for the work they did indoors.

Q - Quite happy overall with the work they did.

R - Ruefully, I missed Grimm and Fringe last night and will have to catch them online at a later time.

#17119 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,896 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

S - Something I wanted to show you. This is a picture of some of the habaneros I'm growing:

#17120 imzadi35

imzadi35

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

T - Thunder and lightning, along with rain, came all day for us today.

U - Ubber happy for you, pscard. Those look like some great peppers. :)

V -Very discouraged I am about ever finding someone for me. I don't want to be alone anymore. Yes, I have my cat Gracie, but that's not the same as a real, live human being. :(

sttngsigoq1.png

stargatesg1SIG.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users