Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:01 AM

After reading, or listening rather to Rob's music link for vampire s
QUOTE (arjay2813 @ Feb 18 2008, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hahaha these also works for the amv forum, but i saw this one first

this is...interesting Vampires. anyone know the song or who sings this by any chance? or the non-hellsing anime used for it?

at about 2:05 on that video of Rob's (arjay2813) there was clips from my personal fav, Vampire Princess Miyu
I began thinking... (I may have strained a muscle in my head) there is a LOT and I mean a LOT of vampire anime out there...

So I will start with miyu my top vamp right above Vampire D. Miyu is much more an anti-hero for she does drink blood, of victims she deems pretty. At her side is a masked individual dedicated to her, Lava (larva in some translations). She seems almost detached to the world which I really liked, and she was not bound by many of the Vampire hold backs like light, and crucifixes, they just did not do anything to her. I guess i found it a great blend of dark looking animation (the oav especially) and great character designs.
(before there ever was Saya and Haji there was Miyu and Larva.)
Vamp D, well, he is just a bad *** and talks to his hand... and it is a nostalgic anime to me.

anyone else?
Killer times, work well.

#2 Riudo

Riudo

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:18 AM

you know this is a very HARD question, there isnt just 1 for me.... Blood+ is nice though, in sub anyway.....

Riudo*

Edit: my reasoning behind blood + being i really like the story its very sad, a trajic story about two sisters one evil one good, the ending is good, allowed me to walk away feeling satisfied, some of the anime like Trinitiy Blood (the one makashi lik3z) leave you wanting more, they dont really finish anything off...

#3 Makashi

Makashi

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:37 AM

This here is a nigh impossible question for me, but if I had to choose I would have to say Trinity Blood.

And sorry to disappoint you, Funk, but I haven't seen that much vampire anime.

Posted Image
SETSUNA IS MY HOMEBOY

#4 DeadMorgoth

DeadMorgoth

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 465 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:27 PM

I need to watch more vampire anime so I can comment here dammit. sad.gif

The only things that come to mind are Vampire Hunter D and Blood(TLV and +) which have both been mentioned. Loved D, tho it does show it's age now it's a sentimental favorite I guess. Blood+ I really like despite it's incessant efforts to make me hate it, TLV was probly cooler but felt a bit rough[my judgement could be clouded by seeing the series first...]. Must do some research.

Actually now I remember I did see two or three episodes of Trinity Blood on CN but I didn't have a clue what was going on, I just about decided I liked it and then it disappeared, come to find that was the end of the series. It didn't feel like much of an ending to me.
Legion of the Unlight, Bane of the Cleansed

#5 SocialSecurity

SocialSecurity

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:06 PM

You know maybe I should have titled this thread vampire/dark supernatural (cause I kinda was including things like Wicked City/and Witch Hunter Robin in my mind; but those are NOT vampire)
I am like you all, as sometimes annoying Blood+ can be, there is just enough in it, that is entertaining to watch.
That said...No one for Hellsing?
Killer times, work well.

#6 AlucardNoLifeKing

AlucardNoLifeKing

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (Funkgun @ Feb 19 2008, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know maybe I should have titled this thread vampire/dark supernatural (cause I kinda was including things like Wicked City/and Witch Hunter Robin in my mind; but those are NOT vampire)
I am like you all, as sometimes annoying Blood+ can be, there is just enough in it, that is entertaining to watch.
That said...No one for Hellsing?

HELLSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Others that I think are very good are Rosario + Vampire, Blood Trinity, and Vampire Hunter D!

On another note, NOTHING BEATS A 200 YEAR OLD MAN THAT IS A PERVERT FROM WICKED CITY!!!
Posted Image

#7 SocialSecurity

SocialSecurity

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (Alucard-No-Life-King @ Feb 20 2008, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Others that I think are very good are Rosario + Vampire, Blood Trinity, and Vampire Hunter D!
On another note, NOTHING BEATS A 200 YEAR OLD MAN THAT IS A PERVERT FROM WICKED CITY!!!

That is what I knew I would hear from ya man biggrin.gif

and yup old pervert from Wicked City (he was the first real old pervert that I rememeber seeing)
Killer times, work well.

#8 Hisami

Hisami

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:32 PM

i have wicked city >.> that movie did a 180 on me

oh look a sex scene.......m'kay time for some fighting and kil--eh....another!?....okay now its done TIME FOR SOM-.....what the hell....>.> what kind of movie is this!?

xD i thought it was just a horror movie
but i was wrong >.>

Hellsing!!!!!! yay they should get that on sci-fi i think thats another title funamation is looking in to buying

so far from what i heard is that ADV and Funmation are fighting for some of Geneon Titles
Geneon U.S is dead i wonder if the japan company will create a new company to bring their titles to the U.S
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion........It's just that yours is stupid

#9 arjay2813

arjay2813

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:50 PM

oh so its an H movie eh? o.O

i only recently found out geneon is gone (fell behind only on distributers though, not anime or manga), but its interesting that they are, since they had (some) good titles
For Shinigami-sama call:

The poster formerly

42 - 42 - 564

known as

shini-shini-koroshi

Rob the Otaku

#10 BluMeino

BluMeino

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 348 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:10 PM

Karin.

#11 DarianVanLancing

DarianVanLancing

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Alucard-No-Life-King @ Feb 20 2008, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree! but there was a unicyclist old man in Vampire Hunter D bloodlust that would come pretty close,lol!
The Watcher Under The StarsThe KnightVigil 2005
ps:My link is purple, if you do check out my site
let me know what you thought, so I can continue my
mission of bringing justice to the innocent

#12 Hisami

Hisami

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (arjay2813 @ Feb 22 2008, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh so its an H movie eh? o.O

i only recently found out geneon is gone (fell behind only on distributers though, not anime or manga), but its interesting that they are, since they had (some) good titles

yep actually ADV was in a deal with them to be their Distributer but for some reason they had a disagreement
so with out a distributer they pretty much went bankrupt
cause i think they were doing some anime at the time and their now floating around with out a license and probably not completely dub
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion........It's just that yours is stupid

#13 diblack2

diblack2

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:54 AM

good topic...

here's mine in order:
hellsing
miyu
vampire hunter d
blood: the last vampire
vampire hunter d: bloodlust
blood + (poor soloman...)

anyone seen hellsing ultimate??? hellsing has been one of my top 5 for a long time... i'm dying to get my hands on it... i'd love to hear an opinion...
Posted Image

#14 Funkgunn

Funkgunn

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (diblack2 @ Mar 2 2008, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blood + (poor soloman...)

Aye, he just didn't fit in in either side. sad.gif
The Good, the Bad, and the Funk
Posted Image

#15 diblack2

diblack2

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Funkgunn @ Mar 2 2008, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aye, he just didn't fit in in either side. sad.gif

btw, i agree with your earlier comment on the show's tendency to annoy (and drag things out!!!)... but, yeah, unrequited love gets me almost every time... it's one of the reasons that i enjoy things like tenchi, ranma 1/2, and love hina so much... well, and the violence... biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#16 arjay2813

arjay2813

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 553 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:45 PM

mmmm, unrequited love and violence. thats a very tasty mix. did u notice all three of them are also harem anime? and tenchi i liked when i saw it, <3 hina i want (new or old release i dont care, but i want it not just my manga)
For Shinigami-sama call:

The poster formerly

42 - 42 - 564

known as

shini-shini-koroshi

Rob the Otaku

#17 diblack2

diblack2

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (arjay2813 @ Mar 4 2008, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mmmm, unrequited love and violence. thats a very tasty mix. did u notice all three of them are also harem anime? and tenchi i liked when i saw it, <3 hina i want (new or old release i dont care, but i want it not just my manga)

not that you mention it, i do see it!!! niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice... tongue.gif love hina is just plain fun. for purchasing actual dvds, i'd recommend one of the import sites like sphiatt.com or meganimedvd.com... they tend to carry everything in one neat bundle and have a pretty good chance of stocking the dubbed versions, if you're into that... for other means of obtaining it i'd say $^&$*^*$ or news groups'd be your best bet... and some of the trader sites can be cool, but i'm waaaay too selfish to trade... i collect. biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#18 Funkgunn

Funkgunn

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (arjay2813 @ Mar 4 2008, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A tastey mix indeed. Tenchi in all of it's encarnations is fun. Love Hina, should have been friggin longer) And you know I like Ranma.
I never put Ranma in a harem category. There is just as many people trying to get with Akane as Ranma. The cast is also almost 50/50 in gender. Probably because the writter is female. It is in that whole huge cast of muli relationship thing going on.
DiBlack, remind me not to talk baseball cards with you... not a trader! ohmy.gif
The Good, the Bad, and the Funk
Posted Image

#19 diblack2

diblack2

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Funkgunn @ Mar 4 2008, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A tastey mix indeed. Tenchi in all of it's encarnations is fun. Love Hina, should have been friggin longer) And you know I like Ranma.
I never put Ranma in a harem category. There is just as many people trying to get with Akane as Ranma. The cast is also almost 50/50 in gender. Probably because the writter is female. It is in that whole huge cast of muli relationship thing going on.
DiBlack, remind me not to talk baseball cards with you... not a trader! ohmy.gif

heck, yeah, love hina should've been longer... and ranma's awesome... i need a new copy of trouble in nekrowhateverthenameofthecityis...

*raspberry* to baseball, anyway!!! biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#20 EVILFURY

EVILFURY

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 377 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:33 PM

i have seen many vampire anime's and like most of them the last i watched was "Black Blood brothers" i liked it but i am not saying that its everyones cup of tea. blood the last vampire is a good one as well. i have watched some of Vampire Princess Miyu but didn't get very far its hard to find some of the lesser known or older animes on the internet unless you know where to look. i like vampire hunter D as well having seen both movies and owning bloodlust. but my fav is hellsing tho some may think of it as to mainstream but its a good show.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users