• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 HAZARDouszilla

HAZARDouszilla

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:09 PM

There are so many stories and things about these two places.

Summit Elementary is a large school that has been abandoned since the 60's, the property is owned by San Jacinto Christian Academy and the school is located off the Amarillo Blvd. on Florida St... From how the story goes:
"Summit was one of the first predominatly black elementary schools and back in the 60's when we were desegregating they were sending children from the school to all the white elementary schools. The story goes that the janitor went crazy because they was sending black students to white schools that one night, he kidnapped four children and killed them in the broiler room. You can actually see inside the broiler room from the outside in the back. Rumor has it that he then committed suicide off the smoke stack that is located near the broiler room."
there are steps you can stand on around the back or front(im not so sure) of the school that you will be shoved off of by the children haunting it. Also there have been sightings of kids running across the fields and dark tall figures lurking in the hallways. There used to be swing sets as well as a merry-go-round, which have long ince been taken out. But the swings would swing back and forth without a breeze and if you got on the merry-go-round the kids would play with you. Also people have tried breaking into the school to hear the kids laughing and screaming up and down the halls. The whole place is boarded up also there has been a sighting of a tall adult male figure standing in the halls. The school is unimpregnable because of the alarm system set up inside the school by the church. There have also been sightings of a strange light in the back of the school in a door window next to the ramp that gives off a weird translucent light that will change from an eerie blue to an orange. Also if your vehicle is parked on the same side of the school or in the alley behind the school your car will go nuts(from rumors) your radio will turn on and off, lights turn on and off, it will lock and unlock itself, and the windows will roll down and up. Also there has been a report of someone parking thei vehice in the alley on neutral and they weren't on a hill....this was in daylight, no one was behind the car or nearby, but the car was being pushed from behind.

The Nat Ballroom used to be an indoor swimming pool, which is now filled with cement and was turned into a ballroom which holds concerts, events, and art shows. More information about the haunt can be found at the link below:

http://www.legendsof...marilloNat.html

#2 Pinkberry

Pinkberry

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (HAZARDouszilla @ Apr 5 2008, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Summit Elementary is a large school that has been abandoned since the 60's, the property is owned by San Jacinto Christian Academy and the school is located off the Amarillo Blvd. on Florida St... From how the story goes:
"Summit was one of the first predominatly black elementary schools and back in the 60's when we were desegregating they were sending children from the school to all the white elementary schools. The story goes that the janitor went crazy because they was sending black students to white schools that one night, he kidnapped four children and killed them in the broiler room. You can actually see inside the broiler roomfrom the outside in the back. Rumor has it that he then committed suicide off the smoke stack that is located near the broiler room."
there are steps you can stand on around the back or front(im not so sure) of the school that you will be shoved off of by the children haunting it. Also there have been sightings of kids running across the fields and dark tall figures lurking in the hallways. There used to be swing sets as well as a merry-go-round, which have long ince been taken out. But the swings would swing back and forth without a breeze and if you got on the merry-go-round the kids would play with you. Also people have tried breaking into the school to hear the kids laughing and screaming up and down the halls. The whole place is boarded up also there has been a sighting of a tall adult male figure standing in the halls. The school is unimpregnable because of the alarm system set up inside the school by the church. There have also been sightings of a strange light in the back of the school in a door window next to the ramp that gives off a weird translucent light that will change from an eerie blue to an orange. Also if your vehicle is parked on the same side of the school or in the alley behind the school your car will go nuts(from rumors) your radio will turn on and off, lights turn on and off, it will lock and unlock itself, and the windows will roll down and up. Also there has been a report of someone parking thei vehice in the alley on neutral and they weren't on a hill....this was in daylight, no one was behind the car or nearby, but the car was being pushed from behind.

The Nat Ballroom used to be an indoor swimming pool, which is now filled with cement and was turned into a ballroom which holds concerts, events, and art shows. More information about the haunt can be found at the link below:

Hahah broiler room. Im sure they meant boiler room..unless the kids at the school resembled turkeys and pieces of raw meat. WHOS BRINGIN THE SEASONING?!
Our days were numbered by nights on too many rooftops..they said were wasting our lives but at least we know that if we die, we lived with passion
When it all comes down to a sunrise on the East side, will you be there to carry home the remains of my wasted youth, this wasted time on you has left me shaking and waiting for something more

#3 wjps36

wjps36

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Pinkberry @ Apr 5 2008, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahah broiler room. Im sure they meant boiler room..unless the kids at the school resembled turkeys and pieces of raw meat. WHOS BRINGIN THE SEASONING?!

I have a nice Hickory seasoning that would work.

Also isn't this the Freddy Krueger story?
"Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time."
Terry Pratchett

#4 Hoobsmom

Hoobsmom

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (wjps36 @ Apr 5 2008, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, I love broiler chicken. This thread is making me hungry.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Pinkberry

Pinkberry

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (wjps36 @ Apr 5 2008, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And doesnt almost every town have its version of the "car going up hill while in neutral" story? I know mine does..
Our days were numbered by nights on too many rooftops..they said were wasting our lives but at least we know that if we die, we lived with passion
When it all comes down to a sunrise on the East side, will you be there to carry home the remains of my wasted youth, this wasted time on you has left me shaking and waiting for something more

#6 Pinkberry

Pinkberry

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (hoobsmom @ Apr 5 2008, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, I love broiler chicken. This thread is making me hungry.

PETA

People Eating Tasty Adolescents.

#7 krystalmoore1986

krystalmoore1986

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:02 PM

<-----going to get some lunch.....
-Click here for my myspace!!!
Ghosts cause cold spots and need our hot energy to manifest.
We should strap cameras to the back of our heads pointed at our hineys.
I'm sure thats where the ghosts are going to manifest first.

#8 Pinkberry

Pinkberry

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (krystalmoore1986 @ Apr 6 2008, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<-----going to get some lunch.....

Hopefully its tasty children!

#9 HAZARDouszilla

HAZARDouszilla

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:45 PM

I will say that the person who wrote the story had a lot of misspellings, but then again the school is also in a very bad part of town. The school is also extremely old since it was around in the 60's it was shut down, so there would be a boiler room in the building.
So far I've had an experience there....and if you guys wanna go ahead and make fun of that go ahead. So far I've had my handful of being touched, seeing glimpses of children running across the field or shadows hunkering by the trees, a silhouette of a figure following me for an extremely short time, a friend experiencing horrible pain in her side as we were about to leave the school....to the point she literally was doubled over in pain, she was carried twice(i grabbed her arm once as she was going down and she was extremely tense, also seeing the strange light....etc.

If you ask anyone in town a lot of them will tell you about the school, it's rumors of what goes on there, or personal experiences....but since the school is rigged with alarms(even though it's abandoned) you can't get inside....there were holes punched in the locked and boarded doors and windows from what looked like people breaking in....i dunno. But jut driving up there my cell phone turned on even though it already was on, i heard the chime go off, while my friend who was sitting next to me cell turned off.

The picture attached is a picture of the front of the school....it is extremely large.
8vx44c67.jpg

#10 HAZARDouszilla

HAZARDouszilla

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:52 PM

Book published on Texas Haunts

#11 Hoobsmom

Hoobsmom

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (HAZARDouszilla @ Apr 6 2008, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will say that the person who wrote the story had a lot of misspellings, but then again the school is also in a very bad part of town. The school is also extremely old since it was around in the 60's it was shut down, so there would be a boiler room in the building.
So far I've had an experience there....and if you guys wanna go ahead and make fun of that go ahead. So far I've had my handful of being touched, seeing glimpses of children running across the field or shadows hunkering by the trees, a silhouette of a figure following me for an extremely short time, a friend experiencing horrible pain in her side as we were about to leave the school....to the point she literally was doubled over in pain, she was carried twice(i grabbed her arm once as she was going down and she was extremely tense, also seeing the strange light....etc.

If you ask anyone in town a lot of them will tell you about the school, it's rumors of what goes on there, or personal experiences....but since the school is rigged with alarms(even though it's abandoned) you can't get inside....there were holes punched in the locked and boarded doors and windows from what looked like people breaking in....i dunno. But jut driving up there my cell phone turned on even though it already was on, i heard the chime go off, while my friend who was sitting next to me cell turned off.

The picture attached is a picture of the front of the school....it is extremely large.
8vx44c67.jpg

So are you saying people who grow up in the wrong part of town have a lower degree of education? Because I did not grow up in the best part of town and I am now college educated. And both of my sister went to college also. So concluding that living in a bad area equals not being able to spelll is a blanket statement.

#12 JoeGeist

JoeGeist

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (hoobsmom @ Apr 7 2008, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So are you saying people who grow up in the wrong part of town have a lower degree of education? Because I did not grow up in the best part of town and I am now college educated. And both of my sister went to college also. So concluding that living in a bad area equals not being able to spelll is a blanket statement.

What's a blanket? ...and what does spelll mean? tongue.gif

No siggy for you!

#13 Hoobsmom

Hoobsmom

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (JoeGeist @ Apr 7 2008, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's a blanket? ...and what does spelll mean? tongue.gif

Silly Joe laugh.gif

#14 JoeGeist

JoeGeist

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (hoobsmom @ Apr 7 2008, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Silly Joe laugh.gif

Hey ...it's my job. smile.gif

No siggy for you!

#15 tuesbails

tuesbails

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (hoobsmom @ Apr 7 2008, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I not know what you talk bout! I growed up in a great pert of town and I not sow smartly. laugh.gif tongue.gif
Be nice to your kids! They are the ones to choose your nursing home!

#16 tuesbails

tuesbails

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (HAZARDouszilla @ Apr 6 2008, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

8vx44c67.jpg

What do you mean? How did your cell turn on if it was already on?

#17 Hoobsmom

Hoobsmom

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (tuesbails @ Apr 7 2008, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what you mean Tues. I read that sentence 5 times and I am still confused.

#18 tuesbails

tuesbails

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (hoobsmom @ Apr 7 2008, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know what you mean Tues. I read that sentence 5 times and I am still confused.

Yeah, me too! Still waiting for an answer.......

#19 Dreamsinger

Dreamsinger

Muppet of Science

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE (HAZARDouszilla @ Apr 5 2008, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Summit was one of the first predominatly black elementary schools and back in the 60's when we were desegregating they were sending children from the school to all the white elementary schools. The story goes that the janitor went crazy because they was sending black students to white schools that one night, he kidnapped four children and killed them in the broiler room. You can actually see inside the broiler room from the outside in the back. Rumor has it that he then committed suicide off the smoke stack that is located near the broiler room."

I'm curious, were the reports of the figure in the halls from before the building was boarded up?

Has anyone actually documented the thing with the car on video, or at least attempted to document it?

#20 Dreamsinger

Dreamsinger

Muppet of Science

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (tuesbails @ Apr 7 2008, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think they mean it chimed like it was turning on, even though it was on when he was approaching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users