54 replies to this topic

#1 dav4463

dav4463

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:27 AM

The Ouija board thread was closed, but I wanted to post a true story.

My friend (Jeff) found a Ouija Board in a house where he was doing some work. The house had BURNED DOWN, but the Ouija Board was in perfect shape! It was an old hand-made board (not the kind you buy in a toy store). He put it in his apartment. Two weeks later, his apartment building CAUGHT ON FIRE!

He brought the Ouija board to work at a hotel where we both worked at the time.

There was a man who had committed suicide in a room and the blood stains were still on the wall. Jeff and his roommate suggested we try the Ouija Board to contact the man who committed suicide and find out why. Nothing happened......we thought........The very next day, the hotel had a SMALL FIRE (no injuries or anything, but very weird).

Then he took the Ouija board and left it behind the seat in his truck. A week later, his truck was stolen. He reported it to the Dallas Police, who later found the truck abandoned on Highway 75. It had caught ON FIRE, and burned up! We checked behind the seat and the Ouija board was only SLIGHTLY CHARRED !

We left it there!

This is absolutely a true story and it is the reason I would not touch a Ouija board ever again!

#2 Hoobsmom

Hoobsmom

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (dav4463 @ Apr 28 2008, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My friend (Jeff) found a Ouija Board in a house where he was doing some work. The house had BURNED DOWN, but the Ouija Board was in perfect shape! It was an old hand-made board (not the kind you buy in a toy store). He put it in his apartment. Two weeks later, his apartment building CAUGHT ON FIRE!

There was a man who had committed suicide in a room and the blood stains were still on the wall. Jeff and his roommate suggested we try the Ouija Board to contact the man who committed suicide and find out why. Nothing happened......we thought........The very next day, the hotel had a SMALL FIRE (no injuries or anything, but very weird).

Then he took the Ouija board and left it behind the seat in his truck. A week later, his truck was stolen. He reported it to the Dallas Police, who later found the truck abandoned on Highway 75. It had caught ON FIRE, and burned up! We checked behind the seat and the Ouija board was only SLIGHTLY CHARRED !

We left it there!

This is absolutely a true story and it is the reason I would not touch a Ouija board ever again!

That is a really creepy story. I am so afraid of ouija boards. People can tell me they are harmless but I still will not let one in my house.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 TheNightGoat

TheNightGoat

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:09 AM

That is a fascinating story, I would have kept it but in a box filled with salt to sever the connection to "The Dark World" and sold it on ebay (of course).

One time, we purchased a Ouija at Target for the kids to teach them the alphabet and their numbers. Well, the little crumb snatchers opened up some kind of vortex portal thing to hell and a demon popped out. I seem to remember that he went by the name Carl. Anyhow, this joker ate up all of our food, drank our Diet Sprite and ran up the cable bill ordering PPV movies. I mean c'mon! "Sense and Sensibility?" What kind of demon is this?

Anyways, we ended up giving the board to our neighbors who had the biggest TV on the block (at the time), oh and a jacuzzi (their drowning in debt Ha Ha Ha, and that's not schadenfreude, just the facts)... and it was the last we had seen of Carl, thank goodness.

So if you're using the Ouija as a learning-aid for the kids, DON'T. Get the a proper Speak 'n Spell because it just ain't worth it to skimp.
Evil, hell, Satan, goat, cheese, pickles,
onions on a sesame seed bun.

We will send 'round the most murkiest murkmen from Murkton
On a Monday, which is a murky day....

#4 chop1

chop1

Dune Messiah

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:17 AM

I found that board in the back of the burned out pick up. I put it with my camping and hiking gear. It really comes in handy, never have to worry about starting a fire at my campsites. Just stick in a small pile of brush and your making s'mores in no time. Matches, we don't need no steeenkin' matches
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

Flexible People Rarely Are Bent Out of Shape

Be yourself, no one else wants the job

If Ignorance is Bliss, Some of these People Must be in Disneyworld

#5 blondeness

blondeness

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (TheNightGoat @ Apr 28 2008, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is a fascinating story, I would have kept it but in a box filled with salt to sever the connection to "The Dark World" and sold it on ebay (of course).

One time, we purchased a Ouija at Target for the kids to teach them the alphabet and their numbers. Well, the little crumb snatchers opened up some kind of vortex portal thing to hell and a demon popped out. I seem to remember that he went by the name Carl. Anyhow, this joker ate up all of our food, drank our Diet Sprite and ran up the cable bill ordering PPV movies. I mean c'mon! "Sense and Sensibility?" What kind of demon is this?

Anyways, we ended up giving the board to our neighbors who had the biggest TV on the block (at the time), oh and a jacuzzi (their drowning in debt Ha Ha Ha, and that's not schadenfreude, just the facts)... and it was the last we had seen of Carl, thank goodness.

So if you're using the Ouija as a learning-aid for the kids, DON'T. Get the a proper Speak 'n Spell because it just ain't worth it to skimp.

Ahahahahahaaaaa! Looks like you had yourself a Pansy Demon...

I don't have a creepy Ouija board tale, but an intriguing one. When we were kids, my brothers and I played the Ouija at my cousin's house. They ceaselessly teased me and used the occasion to tease me about a boy named Martin who had a crush on me. They asked the board who I will marry and it started spelling out "M.... A.... R......." And I flipped out and scattered the board everywhere and yelled at them to knock it off... thinking they were spelling out MARTIN to tease me. They swore they weren't doing anything- ya right.

Fast forward the clock 20 years... Only after I was married did one of my brothers bring this up: my married name is M... A.... R.... S.... H. They still swear they didn't move that pointer, but that it moved on it's own. Interesting, huh?

#6 KarinaKay

KarinaKay

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (chop1 @ Apr 28 2008, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found that board in the back of the burned out pick up. I put it with my camping and hiking gear. It really comes in handy, never have to worry about starting a fire at my campsites. Just stick in a small pile of brush and your making s'mores in no time. Matches, we don't need no steeenkin' matches

May I borrow the board for my camping trip Wednesday?

#7 chop1

chop1

Dune Messiah

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (KarinaKay @ Apr 28 2008, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
May I borrow the board for my camping trip Wednesday?

Absolutely!!!, I have even adapted it for baking, it makes excellent Devil's Food Cake
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

#8 KarinaKay

KarinaKay

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (chop1 @ Apr 28 2008, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Absolutely!!!, I have even adapted it for baking, it makes excellent Devil's Food Cake

That'll work!!

I won't try to make Angel's Food Cake. It may anger the board enough to burn down the mountain tongue.gif

#9 chop1

chop1

Dune Messiah

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (KarinaKay @ Apr 28 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That'll work!!

I won't try to make Angel's Food Cake. It may anger the board enough to burn down the mountain tongue.gif

Yes, that would probably be a bad thing, it will quickly boil water for you if you want to make deviled eggs
Voltaire

#10 amara1369

amara1369

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:13 AM

I don't like ouija boards for the fact that so many pple
misuse them...

That and Hollywood has glorified them
I am Porthos... All for one, One for All!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 chop1

chop1

Dune Messiah

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:15 AM

Amara, are you saying I am misusing my board by using it as a cooking and heat source?
Voltaire

#12 amara1369

amara1369

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (chop1 @ Apr 28 2008, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amara, are you saying I am misusing my board by using it as a cooking and heat source?

LOL nope, yer just keeping the spirits nice and toasty wink.gif

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 chop1

chop1

Dune Messiah

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (amara1369 @ Apr 28 2008, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL nope, yer just keeping the spirits nice and toasty wink.gif

OK good, since I found it in a burnt up pick-up truck, the care instructions weren't with it.
Voltaire

#14 amara1369

amara1369

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (chop1 @ Apr 28 2008, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK good, since I found it in a burnt up pick-up truck, the care instructions weren't with it.

lol you should be able to google some instructions wink.gif

After my experience with them, I won't touch another, let alone have one in
my house...

Has anyone heard of a version of one called the psychic circle? Supposedly
the design prevents the nasty lil buggers from showing up.... tongue.gif

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 CougarWare

CougarWare

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (hoobsmom @ Apr 28 2008, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is a really creepy story. I am so afraid of ouija boards. People can tell me they are harmless but I still will not let one in my house.

Same here. Why take chances. And, watch out for those darn checkers boards. They scare me even more than Weegie boards. wink.gif

CougarBob

.Posted Image

Instead of building newer and larger weapons of mass destruction,

I think mankind should try to get more use out of the ones we have"

-Jack Handey

.Posted Image

#16 amara1369

amara1369

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (CougarWare @ Apr 28 2008, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same here. Why take chances. And, watch out for those darn checkers boards. They scare me even more than Weegie boards. wink.gif

*shudders* yeah, I had a checker chip fly at me one...
it then followed me around like a lost puppy dog...
I named it bob wink.gif

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 cbc72

cbc72

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (dav4463 @ Apr 28 2008, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We left it there!

I heard Parker Bros. had to stop making the boards for a while back in the late 60's because they had been making the boards out of asbestos. tongue.gif

Really, though... Freaky story. ohmy.gif

#18 Pinkberry

Pinkberry

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:04 AM

A critique..dont take it personally.

This is easily explained away. Ever notice how teenagers love and live for being sneaky little ****? Well a group of them could have easily enough been playng with one in the ruins of a burnt out house (ooo independent and reckless..at least in their minds) and figured they would leave it there till next time since who honestly hangs out in burnt out houses..except for them.

Im pretty sure they have manditory clean up crews for this kinda stuff..Im pretty sure having brain matter all over the halls would be a biological hazard...
And if the hotel left the blood stains and such they probably werent even up to code thus explaining a small fire..

We left it there!

Well thats not unusual..could have easily been teenagers again. People who steal cars arent exactly the nicest of folk and probably wouldnt think twice about burning the evidence of their little joy ride.
Our days were numbered by nights on too many rooftops..they said were wasting our lives but at least we know that if we die, we lived with passion
When it all comes down to a sunrise on the East side, will you be there to carry home the remains of my wasted youth, this wasted time on you has left me shaking and waiting for something more

#19 CougarWare

CougarWare

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (amara1369 @ Apr 28 2008, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*shudders* yeah, I had a checker chip fly at me one...
it then followed me around like a lost puppy dog...
I named it Bob wink.gif

Cool name. laugh.gif

CougarBob

.Posted Image

Instead of building newer and larger weapons of mass destruction,

I think mankind should try to get more use out of the ones we have"

-Jack Handey

.Posted Image

#20 amara1369

amara1369

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (CougarWare @ Apr 28 2008, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool name. laugh.gif

LOL yeah... he ran away though sad.gif

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users