130 replies to this topic

#81 jimmyjoejimbobb

jimmyjoejimbobb

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

Grant and Jason may have gotten their @sses grabbed but on the 03/09/12 episode of GA (6.01 "Shanghai Tunnels"), Zak has a spirit prostitute tell him "Let's get naked". What next, Susan hearing someone telling her "let's make sweet, sweet love, sugar cheeks" on GHI?

Nope. The ghost will be asking Susan for the website to check out the rest of her more explicit pictures.

Then Kris will be complaining that this time, it wasn't the camera man taking an inappropriate shot of her, it was a ghost doing a Porky's shower scene.

#82 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

Whoever said GH was only investigating location already investigated by GA.

For the record, GA is currently taping at the Hellfire Caves, investigated by GH almost 5 years ago.

#83 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

Whoever said GH was only investigating location already investigated by GA.

For the record, GA is currently taping at the Hellfire Caves, investigated by GH almost 5 years ago.

Will be interesting to see the results and how they are portrayed. GA has gone to places GH went to first, and GH has gone to places GA went to first so I don't see that either is "copying" the other...can't remember who originally said that GH was following them, but they were only telling a quarter of the story. I believe that a few places have had triple visits as GL went to a few places that GA and GH had been to.

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#84 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

For something like "quality control", and I use the term loosley, have all 3 investigate the same several places, sorta like replicating a lab project, and see what the results are from each team,from each site, knowing that none of the teams will know that the particullar location has been or will be investigated again, unless they are the last team to do said investigation. Now that I would pay my hard earned money to see. ;)
Everybody lies.

If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

Your biggest problem...hell I don't know what it is!!! Ask somebody else.

#85 Briock

Briock

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State, and Ghost Adventures are all fakes. Paranormal State was pulled after a client exposed them as completely fake and exposed all their dirty little secrets. Ghost Hunters has been faking for the last sevral years, and is steadily declining. Ghost Adventures as now been proven to be fake as well. The last 3 episodes you can clearly see Zak and Nick slightly turn their heads and their jaws clearly move when they claim they have picked up EVPs. The only show more ridicoulsly stupid is Finding Bigfoot.

#86 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

Will be interesting to see the results and how they are portrayed. GA has gone to places GH went to first, and GH has gone to places GA went to first so I don't see that either is "copying" the other...can't remember who originally said that GH was following them, but they were only telling a quarter of the story. I believe that a few places have had triple visits as GL went to a few places that GA and GH had been to.

True about GL.

Oh and you know where I said that GA had amazing EVPs; I completely forgot about GL's EVPs. Some of those were exceptionally clear.

#87 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

Were it left up to me, I'd replace everyone, get some legtimate parapsychologists, some folks with an interest, and some who are willing to stop, look, and listen but aren't going to bite on the first creepy thing. Have it unscripted, the folks say what comes to mind, well, hopeully all that can't be beeped out every other word, try ssome "supernatural "suff" and see what happens. I mean how much harm can a real with do? that likes the show and for argument , one that doesn't.Just keep it honest, no creative thinking , like, what if we did this and that, will this and that happed??? NO!!! In fact, hav competion at one site and at the end of 2 hrs., yes even perhaps 2 hrs., or longer, why not all nigh? Compare the results with all participants around a table aand see who gets insulted first, middle or last and where the fur settles.Yeah, I sorta like that. No offense, but any negative comment on this, I will simply IGNORE. :blink:
Everybody lies.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

#88 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

Were it left up to me, I'd replace everyone, get some legtimate parapsychologists, some folks with an interest, and some who are willing to stop, look, and listen but aren't going to bite on the first creepy thing. Have it unscripted, the folks say what comes to mind, well, hopeully all that can't be beeped out every other word, try ssome "supernatural "suff" and see what happens. I mean how much harm can a real with do? that likes the show and for argument , one that doesn't.Just keep it honest, no creative thinking , like, what if we did this and that, will this and that happed??? NO!!! In fact, hav competion at one site and at the end of 2 hrs., yes even perhaps 2 hrs., or longer, why not all nigh? Compare the results with all participants around a table aand see who gets insulted first, middle or last and where the fur settles.Yeah, I sorta like that. No offense, but any negative comment on this, I will simply IGNORE. :blink:

Ignore away but: A competition? That's the surest way to get things "enhanced". The rest of your suggestions...well, quite frankly your description is too chopped up to really understand. Are you saying you're against creative thinking? "Just keep it honest, no creative thinking , like, what if we did this and that, will this and that happed???"

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#89 Marlow

Marlow

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

Agree.

Doestn matter.. i have seen them Overlap for years.. Makes for interesting correlations though.

Again.. i was impressed with GA this Week.
And GHI.. gives us more.. " What i Saw, .. this and that.. '.. But never caught on camera.
Waste of our time, and gets boring...

If they Saw Something, but not on Camera..Edit it out.. it means Nothing to the Audience.
Just Ghost Stories by the Camp Fires.

GA edits out things they cant show us... for the most part.

Wish GH and GHI used better equipment.. it's out there... GA Has them

#90 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:05 AM

Wish GH and GHI used better equipment.. it's out there... GA Has them

I don't know if it would make much difference. It's not the equipment so much as how it is used. Use of scientific equipment does not a scientific investigation make.

#91 Marlow

Marlow

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

I don't know if it would make much difference. It's not the equipment so much as how it is used. Use of scientific equipment does not a scientific investigation make.

I suppose Raithe. i see the glass half filled, and was in the mind set that IF they
had the more advanced Techs. , they would actually learn to use them.

#92 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

I suppose Raithe. i see the glass half filled, and was in the mind set that IF they
had the more advanced Techs. , they would actually learn to use them.

I saw it more in the manner that if they can't use the lower tech stuff properly, there probably isn't much hope for the higher tech. It's interesting to see how they've actually worked backward in that regard.

For the most part they've gone to IR camera, a flashlight, and an audio recorder. We rarely see the FLIR anymore. We hardly ever see thermometers being used...rather they rely on sensation and goosebumps over the equipment to determine if an area is cold or warm.

Occasionally they break out an EMF detector but as far as I know they've only used a decent EMF detector once...and Britt misused it when they did. (see my comment about it not being about the tool but the tool operator lol) It's like they are going more and more from equipment to just walking around going on "feeling" and personal experience.

#93 Marlow

Marlow

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

I saw it more in the manner that if they can't use the lower tech stuff properly, there probably isn't much hope for the higher tech. It's interesting to see how they've actually worked backward in that regard.

For the most part they've gone to IR camera, a flashlight, and an audio recorder. We rarely see the FLIR anymore. We hardly ever see thermometers being used...rather they rely on sensation and goosebumps over the equipment to determine if an area is cold or warm.

Occasionally they break out an EMF detector but as far as I know they've only used a decent EMF detector once...and Britt misused it when they did. (see my comment about it not being about the tool but the tool operator lol) It's like they are going more and more from equipment to just walking around going on "feeling" and personal experience.

i have been seeing everything you have said in the same way lately.. just hoped that a shake up to Wake up the
team would occur. They have gotten lazy and disinterested.

.. for the First time.. i am losing interest as well.. for the reasons you addressed.

On GHI.. how many times did a REAL event happen.. Rocks being thrown at Susan.. and all WE got to see
was one or two hitting the floor! When Something DOES happen, they dont know how to record it.

As you Say.. it's going Backwards.. i would bet my two Cents it's Production's fault.

#94 Marlow

Marlow

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

BTW.. i posted my shot on you tube.. 'Redemption Island Ghost'
might not be spidered yet in google..

#95 craykclan

craykclan

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State, and Ghost Adventures are all fakes. Paranormal State was pulled after a client exposed them as completely fake and exposed all their dirty little secrets. Ghost Hunters has been faking for the last sevral years, and is steadily declining. Ghost Adventures as now been proven to be fake as well. The last 3 episodes you can clearly see Zak and Nick slightly turn their heads and their jaws clearly move when they claim they have picked up EVPs. The only show more ridicoulsly stupid is Finding Bigfoot.

Ok I have to ask. Where are u getting your information?

#96 Marlow

Marlow

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

Why Cant you just Say.....

.."In MY Opinion"... !? ..Posted Image

#97 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

Ok I have to ask. Where are u getting your information?

PS: http://www.ghosttheo...ing-entire-show
GA: http://forums.syfy.c...dpost&p=6976939

#98 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

Just goes to show you can't make all of the people happy or some of the people happy, so why bother even trying to make anyone happy at all? :blink: So go figure. :huh:
Everybody lies.

#99 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

I seem to be bringing that topic back to life quite often.

Yesterday I watched the episode with the Galka family and I think it was one of the best GA episode. Very touching and for a second there I completely stop over analyzing things and just considered the evidence at face value. If true, what happened was truly amazing.

I mean, the P-SB7 spirit box is still very questionable but I haven't seen any video proving it can be manipulated to make it say the words you want it to say.

Anyways, the Galka episode is Season 6 episode 6 for those interested in watching.

The Galka family is the inventor the Mel-Meter, named after their deceased daughter Melissa which is the why GA did an investigation there.

#100 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

I mean, the P-SB7 spirit box is still very questionable but I haven't seen any video proving it can be manipulated to make it say the words you want it to say.

Well, like all things, they need to have a little explanation segment of how the device works. Then they should continue on with their "theory" of how the entity interacts with the device as it does it's little scan and how it 1) determines what frequency to stop at and 2) at what time it should stop at that frequency and for how long to get the desired word(s)

With EVPs on digital recorders it seems that spirits now are able to know and encode AND edit real time using various codecs (and how do they know if the device is using wma, ra, mp3 etc?) Now with the P-SB7, the spirits are also clairvoyant enough to know which frequency will be broadcasting a program using the right words at the right time. Have they ever explained by what magic the entities are supposed to be able to do this? At least the original Ovilus had a disclaimer in it's instructions that it was "for entertainment purposes only"

I don't recall the specifics of this particular episode, but it, like the flashlight trick, is a case where I'd like to see the entire unedited segment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users