#1 MadcowVulcan

MadcowVulcan

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:03 PM

WOW!!!!!! ohmy.gif

LONDON The men were air traffic controllers. Experienced, calm professionals. Nobody was drinking.

What they saw has never been explained. And they were so worried about losing their jobs that they demanded their names be kept off the official reports.

No one, they knew, would believe their claim that an unidentified flying object landed at the airfield they were overseeing in the east of England, touched down briefly, then took off again at tremendous speed.

But that's what they reported happening at four in the afternoon on April 19, 1984, at an unspecified small airport near the eastern coast of England.

Their "Report of Unusual Aerial Phenomenon" is one of more than 1,000 pages of formerly secret UFO documents released Wednesday by Britain's National Archives.

Click here to visit FOXNews.com's Space Center.

The air traffic controllers, each with more than eight years on the job, describe how they were helping guide a small plane to a safe landing on runway 22 when they were distracted by a brightly lit object approaching a different runway without clearance.

RelatedStories
Vatican: It's OK for Catholics to Believe in Aliens Primitive Alien Life May Exist, Stephen Hawking Says "Everyone became aware that the object was unidentified," the report on the incident said. "SATCO [codename for a controller with 14 years' experience] reports that the object came in 'at speed,' made a touch and go on runway 27, then departed at 'terrific speed' in a 'near vertical' climb."

The incident is one of the more credible in the newly public files because it was reported by air traffic controllers, said David Clarke, a UFO expert who has worked with the National Archives on the document release.

"They were absolutely astonished," he said. "It was a bright, circular object, flashing different colors, and after it touched down it disappeared at fantastic speed. The report comes from very qualified people, and it's one of the few that remained unexplained."

He said other incidents were at times reported by aircraft crews whose members also asked to remain anonymous because they did not want to jeopardize their careers by seeming to believe in UFOs.

In one case, the pilot of a commercial plane crossing the Atlantic reported an unidentified object just 1.5 nautical miles from his wing. He speculated that it might be a meteor or a missile.

Although there are some unexplained cases, there is no reported instance in which Britain's Ministry of Defense found any evidence of alien activity or alien spacecraft, said Clarke, who nonetheless expects conspiracy theories about a UFO coverup by the British defense establishment to persist.

"The Ministry of Defense doesn't have any evidence that our defenses were breached by alien craft," he said. "They never found one, no bits of one, that's all we can say."

Clarke said the documents released Wednesday, dealing with the late 1970s and early 1980s, are the first batch of a series that will be made public in the next few years.

The National Archives is releasing the files now because of numerous Freedom of Information requests seeking information about the government's UFO reports.

Officials said names of many individuals had been blacked out to protect their privacy and the entire files had been reviewed to make sure their release did not compromise national security.

Ministry of Defense officials indicate in the files that UFO reports were only investigated to make sure that no enemy aircraft had illegally entered British airspace. This was crucial during the Cold War when Russian planes posed an ongoing threat.

But officials say they did not try to solve the UFO riddles once an enemy attack had been ruled out.

The vast majority of the reports come from members of the public who see strange things in the sky and jump to the conclusion that a UFO is involved even though there is likely a logical scientific explanation for what they are observing, experts say.

"Mostly it's well-intentioned witnesses who are misidentifying things," said Nick Pope, another UFO expert who helped the Ministry of Defense investigate the phenomenon. "The most common things are aircraft lights, bright stars and planets, satellites, meteors, airships and things like that."

Some of the reports are fairly easy to explain and quite possibly influenced by a pint or two of beer.

This was the case when a number of people leaving a Tunbridge Wells pub at 9:30 at night reported seeing a strange craft "with red and green" lights.

Asked by police where it seemed to be traveling, the pub crawlers said it appeared to be heading for London's Gatwick Airport.

Case closed.

It didn't take a scientist to figure out it was a commercial plane making a routine approach.

Liberals suppress free speech more then any other group. Bill Maher On CNNs reliable sources.

#2 StargateIndy

StargateIndy

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:12 AM

Yes, I read this on MSNBC so it is a legit article.

I'm not sure what is going on, didn't France last year unveil it's on declassified documents on UFO's?

Sounds like TPTB are slowly leaking the info out and getting people used to the fact UFO's exist.

Britain AND the Vatican talking about UFO's at the same time? It must have been coordinated....

#3 Solarstorm1972

Solarstorm1972

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (StargateIndy @ May 14 2008, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure what is going on, didn't France last year unveil it's on declassified documents on UFO's?
Sounds like TPTB are slowly leaking the info out and getting people used to the fact UFO's exist.
Britain AND the Vatican talking about UFO's at the same time? It must have been coordinated....

There is a theory out there that suggests that all of these are correct, and it is part of one gigantic plan to slowly acclimate the population of the world to the concept that there is actual extraterrestrial life out there.
"It's magic, we don't need to explain it."

"MONKEY WANTS MY BURGER!!!!"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbuster

City of Heroes Altoholics Anonymous member #12637763
"Stop me before I alt again!!!"

Myspace

MSN Spaces

#4 MAJ12

MAJ12

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 325 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (MadcowVulcan @ May 13 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW!!!!!! ohmy.gif

The MOD spokesman seems to be ignorant or short memory about "No instance of alien
activity recorded by ministry of defense.."He doesn't remember BENTWATERS AFB?
What is a few unauthorized flying machines landing and taking off,flashing spotlights
on an unauthorized nuclear depo doing on a heavily guarded NATO base?What's that?
I'ts obvious by now we are dealing with military officials who are trained and sworn to deny
knowledge. "The truth is so precious,it must be protected by a bodyguard of lies".-Winston Churchill

#5 MAJ12

MAJ12

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 325 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Solarstorm1972 @ May 14 2008, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is a theory out there that suggests that all of these are correct, and it is part of one gigantic plan to slowly acclimate the population of the world to the concept that there is actual extraterrestrial life out there.

The shock to the public psyche is not that there"Really are extraterrestrials out there".
Put it all in historical perspective;We have always known.That's what all of our religions
have repeated all along..We are not alone".Someone visited me today and taught me a few things
I think We should remember..because he came from the sky".
What is most dangerous is the distinct possibility that people will change their trust and alliance from
Human Administration to an emerging global conscience,an awareness of a more efficient organization
with faster vehicles that don't need arab oil. Better tools and technics for DNA manipulation and skin
renewal. Cloning could become the next resurrection of the chosen dead.Industry protects their secrets
jealously,but the military denies them entirely because nations with an industry no one else has,can
ruin another nation's economy with it without firing a shot.vis a vis Venezuela/U.S. -China/U.S.A lot of powerful people invest
in AMERICA,but they won't for long if someone else develops an industry everyone needs,but can't find elsewhere.
(That's one reason our economy sucks..We buy all the junk the rest of the world manufactures,and they have all our
Dollars. Paper dollars.(The more you print,the less it's worth..Backed by nothing.)
Come-on,Do you really think the Government Powers-That-Be are CONCERNED about your "acclimation"? Whether you sleep OK?
"Not to worry Johnny, Yes there ARE little grey men..sort of but, we have it all covered."

"We Sleep Soundly In Our Beds Because Rough Men Stand Ready In The Night To Visit Violence On Those Who Would Harm Us."-Orson Wells

#6 MAJ12

MAJ12

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 325 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:13 PM

quote name='StargateIndy' date='May 14 2008, 10:12 AM' post='5227908']
[/quote)
Remember;The world is RUN by lawyers.
There are said to be two distinct factions inside NASA concerning disclosure of discovery
artifacts and evidence;"OWLS"who want to hold on to everything and not let anyone know anything
about it.These say there is nothing to hide. " ROOSTERS"who suspect a great deal of coverup and want to tell the world,
but want to keep their job too and can't do both.One side says let's look at the data carefully,the other says"what data?"
One side says" those conspiracy nuts have nothing to base their suspicion on",The other side says,"Show them the footage
and maybe they will go away." thank heavens for guys like Mike Bara who left the aerospace industry telling about the dishonest
airbrushing,obfuscating,smudging,photoshopping,switching,gain manipulation,contrast degrading practices at JPL and NASA "ALL
TO PROTECT OUR SENSITIVE PEOPLE'S BELIEF SYSTEMS?-Yeah, Right.."That's the ticket."

#7 aJadeSky

aJadeSky

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:37 PM

I concur the knowledge with held from us is most likely to keep power in someones hands.

I do not believe though that all who mislead do so for their own gain.

Some most likely know something that might make disclosure at the wrong time a disadvantage to the human race.

Some know enough only to fear disclosure for their own personal reasons.

It is a wide range of people in the mix.
There will no doubt be many personalities with varied investments & beliefs causing different reasons for the actions they take.

Some will be lead into thinking disclosure is a threat.
Some will be lead into thinking disclosure is an advantage.

I believe for every door opened another closes.
We have to open doors and not stay in one room;
but should we perhaps also check for heat before we choose which doors?

MadCowVulcan thanks for the post.
Posted Image Hi

#8 Guy Incognito

Guy Incognito

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:06 PM

What a coincidence, Britain opens up secret UFO files and the Vatican says that believing that the universe is full of life is totally in line with christian belief.
Good or bad, I think disclosure is essential.

#9 MAJ12

MAJ12

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (Guy Incognito @ May 16 2008, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a coincidence, Britain opens up secret UFO files and the Vatican says that believing that the universe is full of life is totally in line with christian belief.
Good or bad, I think disclosure is essential.

If the Vatican really wants to be open and honest,they should open-up their VAULT of treasures and that "UFO stored there."
Too bad the people don't get to decide.Democracy or not,we are free to know about everything that doesn't
matter.One case for disclosure is the disreputable behavior towards civilians by those we trust with the
information/data.Threats,false inprisonment,murder.That's not polite,civil, ethical or legal,but it kept the secrets
away from our enemies. Today,we don't know who our "enemies "are.The chip delivered to us in 1947 from heaven,has opened
up communication and understanding at light-speed,but has sacrificed personal privacy and autonomy with it.
(If the Nations hate each other out of fear,Give them Computers/internet and they won't be so afraid of each other.)
Like the film;"The gods must be crazy"-The "bottle" has been tossed into the scene,and the primates are studying it.

#10 StargateIndy

StargateIndy

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 05:21 PM

Isn't it amazing that as much as some countries don't get along with each other, the one thing they all seem to be tight lipped on are UFO's?

You would think one of these so called rogue nations or axis of evil countries would just come out and prove once and for all what they know and how other government's all agree on keeping it a secret.

I really hope China's space program can really get up and running, as we know, the USA will only work it's butt off and get things done if there's competition....

We all know if Russia had no interest in space, our NASA would look completely different.....

#11 aJadeSky

aJadeSky

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:40 AM

MAJ I agree with you that the Vatican has a wealth of knowledge stored and kept from people. It seems to me just as wrong to use donations from the congregation as it is wrong for the governments using tax money to keep knowledge from us. I understand the many possible reasons why, but the degree knowledge I believe is staggering and depths they go to keep the secrets is scary, IMHO.
IS that movie you mention 'The Gods Must Be Crazy' any good other than a the basic concepts one might get out of it?
I have not heard of it, but am bad with names. Can it be rented?

StargateIndy yes if it were not for Russia and their space program we would of had little to push the US into a serious enough attempt at space travel at that time. Competition seems to bring that out in man.

Oh I recommend ... Way of the Peaceful Warrior .. out for rent on DVD if you can find it. Only had a couple copies at the rental I went to and glad for whatever reason I saw it. Based on a true story by Dan Millman and very uplifting.
Posted Image Hi

#12 StargateIndy

StargateIndy

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (aJadeSky @ May 19 2008, 03:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MAJ I agree with you that the Vatican has a wealth of knowledge stored and kept from people. It seems to me just as wrong to use donations from the congregation as it is wrong for the governments using tax money to keep knowledge from us. I understand the many possible reasons why, but the degree knowledge I believe is staggering and depths they go to keep the secrets is scary, IMHO.
IS that movie you mention 'The Gods Must Be Crazy' any good other than a the basic concepts one might get out of it?
I have not heard of it, but am bad with names. Can it be rented?

StargateIndy yes if it were not for Russia and their space program we would of had little to push the US into a serious enough attempt at space travel at that time. Competition seems to bring that out in man.

Oh I recommend ... Way of the Peaceful Warrior .. out for rent on DVD if you can find it. Only had a couple copies at the rental I went to and glad for whatever reason I saw it. Based on a true story by Dan Millman and very uplifting.

Isn't that movie, The Gods Must Be Crazy a comedy?

Anyways, Russia/China and possibly India are the only countries that can give the US a run for it's money. India will most likely be in our back pocket. You might get Russia/China who seem to be a bit more tightly knit with each other to possibly work together to compete with the US. I think all countries have their own reasons to hide secrets but if Russia/China can find a way to make a profit they will unveil the truth...

The US doesn't have the capital pull anymore to side pocket these bigger nations since our dollar value is horrible....

#13 MAJ12

MAJ12

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 325 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (StargateIndy @ May 19 2008, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't that movie, The Gods Must Be Crazy a comedy?

Anyways, Russia/China and possibly India are the only countries that can give the US a run for it's money. India will most likely be in our back pocket. You might get Russia/China who seem to be a bit more tightly knit with each other to possibly work together to compete with the US. I think all countries have their own reasons to hide secrets but if Russia/China can find a way to make a profit they will unveil the truth...

The US doesn't have the capital pull anymore to side pocket these bigger nations since our dollar value is horrible....

Yes,the movie is a comedy, and well done. Did you see the video movie ;"greatest story ever denied"?
One possible reason the rest of the world wants to go to the moon is that the old excuses don't work any more;
that "there isn't anything there".

#14 StargateIndy

StargateIndy

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (MAJ12 @ May 20 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes,the movie is a comedy, and well done. Did you see the video movie ;"greatest story ever denied"?
One possible reason the rest of the world wants to go to the moon is that the old excuses don't work any more;
that "there isn't anything there".

I'm watching it now, I will post my review....

#15 DocOck

DocOck

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:00 AM

Yeah a lot of this makes me wonder if these governments have actually gotten word from the aliens that they want to come down and actually make public contact, thus the governments attempting to prepare the public for the most monumentous event since Jesus. Don't know, it does seem that way, guess we'll know soon.

#16 StargateIndy

StargateIndy

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (DocOck @ May 21 2008, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah a lot of this makes me wonder if these governments have actually gotten word from the aliens that they want to come down and actually make public contact, thus the governments attempting to prepare the public for the most monumentous event since Jesus. Don't know, it does seem that way, guess we'll know soon.

All Earthly govt's know that have no shot in negotiation with EBE's. If that is in fact what is going to happen, the slow preparation is beginning.

Forums like this on sci-fi for us to speak about are surely being visited by agents to see how much the average person wants to know the truth....

EBE's have all the leverage, if they say they are coming down soon, they are coming down and we can't stop them...

#17 MAJ12

MAJ12

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (StargateIndy @ May 21 2008, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All Earthly govt's know that have no shot in negotiation with EBE's. If that is in fact what is going to happen, the slow preparation is beginning.

Forums like this on sci-fi for us to speak about are surely being visited by agents to see how much the average person wants to know the truth....

EBE's have all the leverage, if they say they are coming down soon, they are coming down and we can't stop them...

When Nebraska State Trooper Schermer asked the UFO Pilot that accompanied him on a tour of the ship,"Why don't you just come out in the open,
Don't you want people to believe in you?", the reply was; "We want people to believe in us;But not too much".

"Again,The Kingdom of Heaven is like Fishermen who let down a great net into the sea,and brought it up with all kinds of life.
Then they sat down and separated out all the good kinds into baskets,and threw the bad ones away.That's how the End Times will
be."-Matt.
I'm reminded of this passage every time I hear or read about EBE behavior towards people they examine.The "watchers" seem to evaluate,
and discern motives and value judgements in the "selected subject of direct observance";The abductee. Ref. Ed Walters/Gulfbreeze,FL
There seems to be a purpose towards EVALUATING HUMANS BY INHERENT VIRTUE by multiple choice challenges in COURAGE,FEAR,ALTRUISM,
SELF-SACRIFICE,ATTITUDES TOWARD AUTHORITY,LOYALTY.
This Repeating pattern has been documented thoroughly by Dr.John Mack, Budd Hopkins and Yvonne Smith separately in their independent
research on Abduction and memory enhanced regression.Their work has been outstanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users