256 replies to this topic

#1 techtois

techtois

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:12 PM

Just a Heads Up for UK'ers to watch out for the latest work of DW's TOBY WHITEHOUSE.. ( School Reunion )..

INFO LINK....

Being Human Just a regular flatshare ... for a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost
Being Human is a warm, funny, aspirational drama with an irresistible twist. Mitchell, George and Annie are supernatural creatures but they are desperate be a part of a life we all take for granted.

It is written by Toby Whithouse (Dr Who), produced by Matthew Bouch (The Sarah Jane Adventures), directed by Declan O'Dwyer (Wire In The Blood) and executive produced by Rob Pursey (The Queen's Sister) and Julie Gardner, Head of Drama for BBC Wales

To me it sounds like it could be Fun ...... Worth keeping an eye out for ... smile.gif

It airs on Monday 18th February, on BBC Three from 9pm

Cheers ....

TechTois .... cool.gif

#2 Kirri

Kirri

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:33 PM

Thanks Tech, I shall watch it but, if it is anything like "PhooAction" ..........well, words fail me!!
Posted Image

#3 viledra

viledra

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:44 PM

I would love to see that! Now if only I could get my husband transferred to the UK.
The sun always sets on those who ride into it.

You willful sprite, how dare you keep such scerets from me!
They're mine to keep.

#4 MortisorLP

MortisorLP

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:49 AM

already booked into my DVR. biggrin.gif
"No, Mr Terrall, I am not a student of human nature. I am a professor of a much wider academy, of which the human being is merely a part... All forms of life interest me."
2nd Doctor - Evil of the Daleks Target Novelisation, p 182

Posted Image

#5 Davros13

Davros13

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:38 AM

Oh yeah, saw the adverts for that. It's also got Alonso from VOTD in it as well which should be cool.
Posted Image

#6 techtois

techtois

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:28 PM

MMM ... So it wasn't a Comedy then .......... Kinda off beat Drama . It turned a bit dark near the end . Not sure if it's suitable for a series in this format .

I still think a COMEDY featuring a Vampire a Werewolf and a Ghost sharing a flat would be great Fun . smile.gif

Cheers ....

#7 Calibanz

Calibanz

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:11 PM

We seem to have missed this little newsflash in all of our Series 4 excitement.

BBC commissions full series of 'Being Human'

Hooray! smile.gif smile.gif

#8 Calibanz

Calibanz

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:13 PM

Oh, and I've just reached Superhero status.

Double hooray! biggrin.gif

#9 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,529 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Calibanz @ May 15 2008, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually mentioned by Morti a couple of weeks ago in the "Fires of Pompeii" thread wink.gif but good news indeed. I thought the pilot episode was very funny and well done. And is it just me or is Russell Tovey cropping up everywhere lately? tongue.gif

P.S. Congrats on your superhero status!

Edited by MockingbirdGirl, 15 May 2008 - 06:57 PM.

#10 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:52 PM

Oh yes- I was very happy to see this series make it -TG it was no PhooFighters...I didnt even make it thru PhooFighters pilot ep!

We were just talking about it during our Doctor Who Columbus meeting tonight, trying to guess when it would air <g>

Sitcom/comedy/drama... so long as the vampire cabal doesnt take over the storyline, I think it's got a real shot smile.gif

And yes, I think all british shows have a required Tovey Content inclusion at the mo - <g>

*hops on bandwagon*
Congrats on your Supes Status too, Calibanz!

*hops off at stop nearer home*

Edited by Mreen, 22 January 2009 - 03:15 PM.

#11 MortisorLP

MortisorLP

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (Calibanz @ May 15 2008, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA - I finally beat you to something. HEE HEE *continues to chortle maniacally over such a small deal, thereby proving that masterminds are like little children*

Ahhh, superhero status, how I remember it well, only Screaming Brain status now awaits for me sad.gif
"No, Mr Terrall, I am not a student of human nature. I am a professor of a much wider academy, of which the human being is merely a part... All forms of life interest me."

Posted Image

#12 Davros13

Davros13

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:22 AM

Oooh yay! I can't wait for that series now! Really enjoyed the one-off and was hoping that a series would be made. So good. smile.gif
Posted Image

#13 Calibanz

Calibanz

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE (MortisorLP @ May 16 2008, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA - I finally beat you to something. HEE HEE *continues to chortle maniacally over such a small deal, thereby proving that masterminds are like little children*

Aw, c'mon - you're generally pretty much on-the-ball with news and the like, so it's not as if you've just taken down the top gunfighter in town... laugh.gif

I know what you mean about cackling baby masterminds, though. I'm occasionally one myself smile.gif

#14 MortisorLP

MortisorLP

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (Calibanz @ May 21 2008, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aw, c'mon - you're generally pretty much on-the-ball with news and the like, so it's not as if you've just taken down the top gunfighter in town... laugh.gif

I know what you mean about cackling baby masterminds, though. I'm occasionally one myself smile.gif

LOL, on the ball, but most often you (and lots of others) do beat me to the juicy news. This one was very dear to my heart though. I loved it and am eagerly waiting the new series.

Posted Image

#15 virtadpt

virtadpt

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:26 PM

For anyone like me that didn't know anything about this show that aired back in Febuary BBC Three did this really great pilot of a show called Being Human. I highly recommend looking it up on youtube.com, you can find the entire pilot there. BBC Three also picked it up for I think it was six more episodes.

The basic premise is 3 twenty something characters living in a flat, however ones a vampire, ones a werewolf, and ones a ghost. Ok yes I know it sounds bad and not overly original but really you have to see it. The dialouge is like something you would expect from a Joss Wheaton project and the amazing acting only amplifies it.

I seriously hope Sci-fi tries to pick this one up so I can watch it on an actual television, especially since it's SO much better then some of the filler shows with mediocre acting that we've been getting. And im not talking pick up and remake it cause I really can't see it without the current actors.

#16 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,529 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:37 AM

Prequel vids:

#17 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,529 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

Final vid:

#18 Calibanz

Calibanz

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:02 PM

And now, after several weeks of tantalising teaser ads on the BBC, there's a confirmed broadcast date... Sunday 25th January on BBC3 at 9pm.

Ie, this Sunday.

Triple hoorah!

#19 Calibanz

Calibanz

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:14 PM

For those who are watching, or who care...

BEING HUMAN - series 1 episode 1 (of 6)
RATE AND DISCUSS AT ANY TIME.
THIS EPISODE IS DISCUSSED OPENLY WITHOUT SPOILER TAGS.

A new comedy-drama series about three twenty-something housemates trying to live normal lives, despite struggling with unusual afflictions - one is a werewolf, one is a vampire and the other is a ghost.

The housemates discover that being human is more difficult than they imagined, as Mitchell struggles to resist his blood lust, Annie is confronted by a ghost from her past and George has nowhere to transform in safety.

(Note - this is not a repeat of the pilot episode screened last year)

FULL LENGTH: ~60m
ORIGINALLY AIRED - BBC3: 25 January 2009, 9pm GMT

I. CAST & CREW
Written by - Toby Whithouse
Directed by - ???

Annie - LENORA CRICHLOW
Mitchell - AIDAN TURNER
George - RUSSELL TOVEY
Lauren - ANNABEL SCHOLEY
Herrick - JASON WATKINS
Owen - GREGG CHILLIN
Seth - DYLAN BROWN
Becca - JESSICA HARRIS
Tully - DEAN LENNOX KELLY
Janey - SAMA GOLDIE

II. EPISODE GUIDE
Official BBC Web Site - Videos, blog, behind-the-scenes features etc (some video content may be blocked for non-UK viewers)

#20 misterbryn

misterbryn

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:35 PM

Oooooo... Some recasting!! but that's fine by me as I happen to like Lenora Crichlow ... been waiting for this a long time.,
hope it lives up to it's potential.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users