Photo

Charlie Jade - Season 2 - There's a chance !

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Dontlk

Dontlk

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:07 AM

Like propably everyone knows, Charlie Jade was ended after only one season, because producers didn't have enough money to make a second season and they wait with it until picking up by US broadcaster (so until now).
Scifi picks it up, so I mailed Chris Roland and asked him, if something change.
He said that "There is no indication at this time whether we will go to a second season, but if the series does well on SciFi in the US this will certainly support the possibility of a second season."
I think it's a great news, and there's still a chance for it, but everything it's up to you now.
So, if you want it back, only you have to do is watch.

First 3 episodes:

06/06/2008

08:00 Pm

Charlie Jade

The Big Bang

06/13/2008

Charlie Jade

Sand

06/20/2008

Charlie Jade

You Are Here
Posted Image

#2 kylenin51

kylenin51

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:28 AM

I was gonna watch anyway.
Posted Image
July 19th -- TOS-R "Spectre of the Gun"

#3 Erasmus01

Erasmus01

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:10 PM

I'll watch, but don't hold your breath about a second season on a series 3 years out of production and no contracts in place.

#4 dDubs

dDubs

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:19 PM

So, i'd never heard of this show before since i'm in the US and most of my friends aren't really into SciFi... i saw the promo a week b4 while watching BSG and did a little research on what the show was about and was very interested. So i checked out the first US airing last week and i was not let down, at all. In fact, i am now on episode 12 via other means, so you can prolly grasp how i feel about the show wink.gif

Anywhen, i really hope ppl tune in and enjoy the show so that it will give a second series a go. Perhaps even SciFi will pick it up from Space if things go well. I feel it could do very well on the network and since most of the original series on SciFi are ***** - mostly the original movies - it would seem like a perfect acquisition.

Also. i'm wondering how SciFi will air the first series since it's 20 episodes long. They could easily treat it like two series to fill spaces splitting in the fall for the return of other show (though i can't remember what shows are coming back?). Ah well, i really hope this show does well as i'm loving it so far and hopefully the second series will get picked up!

#5 iblis666

iblis666

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (Erasmus01 @ Jun 6 2008, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll watch, but don't hold your breath about a second season on a series 3 years out of production and no contracts in place.

there is still a good chance and its one i for one am very hopefull for
"And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy..." Revelation 13:1-2

#6 ltownsend

ltownsend

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (dDubs @ Jun 11 2008, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, i'd never heard of this show before since i'm in the US and most of my friends aren't really into SciFi... i saw the promo a week b4 while watching BSG and did a little research on what the show was about and was very interested. So i checked out the first US airing last week and i was not let down, at all. In fact, i am now on episode 12 via other means, so you can prolly grasp how i feel about the show wink.gif

Anywhen, i really hope ppl tune in and enjoy the show so that it will give a second series a go. Perhaps even SciFi will pick it up from Space if things go well. I feel it could do very well on the network and since most of the original series on SciFi are ***** - mostly the original movies - it would seem like a perfect acquisition.

Also. i'm wondering how SciFi will air the first series since it's 20 episodes long. They could easily treat it like two series to fill spaces splitting in the fall for the return of other show (though i can't remember what shows are coming back?). Ah well, i really hope this show does well as i'm loving it so far and hopefully the second series will get picked up!

I am really #$%^&* about SciFi's lack of concern about their viewers and their bad decision in pulling this show. They did not give it a chance at all. Where can I find this show to watch?
Babylon5

#7 Dontlk

Dontlk

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:50 AM

All 21 episodes:

http://www.veoh.com/...s...u&offset=80

You have to register, turn off the the family filter thing, and download the program.
Posted Image

#8 Duet

Duet

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:06 PM

A good, interesting and mind motivating show gets cancelled again.

Who would of thunk it.

God forbid tv makes you think.

I'm still surprised to this day that LOST made it past 2 eps.
Forever Plus A Day: The Earth Is Ours

#9 Model12

Model12

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:43 AM

Honestly, this show would be better off on a network like HBO or Showtime.

The producers could get away with the adult themed content without having to compromise
the show to satisfy advertisers or network executives.

#10 Dontlk

Dontlk

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE (Duet @ Jun 22 2008, 05:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A good, interesting and mind motivating show gets cancelled again.

Who would of thunk it.

God forbid tv makes you think.

I'm still surprised to this day that LOST made it past 2 eps.

What you mean by "again" ?
This show never wasn't cancelled.
Posted Image

#11 Model12

Model12

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (Dontlk @ Jun 22 2008, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What you mean by "again" ?
This show never wasn't cancelled.

At this point you're arguing semantics or splitting hairs. Charlie Jade lost financial backing to produce a second season. I'd like to see a second season too, but without money this show is in limbo.

#12 Dontlk

Dontlk

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:20 PM

You know, there's still (always) a chance.
We can't give up now.
Posted Image

#13 elfie

elfie

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (Dontlk @ Jun 22 2008, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, there's still (always) a chance.
We can't give up now.

Just discovered this show the week before...looking forward to the Episode tonight. smile.gif I hope Scifi does pick it up for a 2nd Season! I don't think there is any problem with the more adult shows being shown later, hopefully word of mouth will help it along.
Posted Image

#14 comebreakmedown

comebreakmedown

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (elfie @ Jun 23 2008, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just discovered this show the week before...looking forward to the Episode tonight. smile.gif I hope Scifi does pick it up for a 2nd Season! I don't think there is any problem with the more adult shows being shown later, hopefully word of mouth will help it along.

Theres nothing wrong with having it be shown later (10-11pm) but 3am in the morning is an idiotic time. Some people don't have Tivo's or VCR's so watching it live is their only option and I'm definately not staying up or waking up at 3am just to watch the show. I've already seen the entire season but I was going to watch it again live just to help it out but now their just being unreasonable **** heads.
Posted Image

#15 scifijunkyuk

scifijunkyuk
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:11 PM

i think it deserves a second series cos it had a lot of potential. but to b honest i not hopeful, i hate to say it but i think this show is dead

#16 dDubs

dDubs

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:22 PM

Welp, i don't think there's any hope for a second series, nevermind a second month of airing on SciFi since the show has been moved to 3am -- wtf?!?! -- why so soon and why even make this silly move rather than just cancel it? Financial commitment? Hoping for a TiVo miracle? I don't have a DVR anymore but have already seen the entire series. I was gonna help give the numbers a boost by re-watching as much as i could on Fridays but now....

Honestly, 2 weeks?! Either this was a real ****** move or something really strange must have happened behind the scenes... *shrug*
Too bad, i really enjoyed this series, it sort of had a Farscape-esque feel to it

*sigh*

#17 micsal

micsal

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:55 PM

Get real... THERE'S REALLY NO WAY for a SEASON 2... This show has been out of production three years. It's not SCI-FI Channel's fault. It's not really their show in the first place...

We were just teased with Charlie Jade during Prime Time on Fridays for a couple of weeks. And never having seen it before, I was intrigued. I will just set my VCR for 2AM Tuesdays and look forward to the rest of Season 1, as long as it runs on Sci-Fi Channel...

#18 dDubs

dDubs

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (micsal @ Jun 23 2008, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get real... THERE'S REALLY NO WAY for a SEASON 2... This show has been out of production three years. It's not SCI-FI Channel's fault. It's not really their show in the first place...

We were just teased with Charlie Jade during Prime Time on Fridays for a couple of weeks. And never having seen it before, I was intrigued. I will just set my VCR for 2AM Tuesdays and look forward to the rest of Season 1, as long as it runs on Sci-Fi Channel...

perhaps you should have read the first post...

#19 MainFragger

MainFragger

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:04 AM

Theres nothing wrong with having it be shown later (10-11pm) but 3am in the morning is an idiotic time. Some people don't have Tivo's or VCR's so watching it live is their only option and I'm definately not staying up or waking up at 3am just to watch the show. I've already seen the entire season but I was going to watch it again live just to help it out but now their just being unreasonable **** heads.

To be honest, Charlie Jade would be a perfect show to pair with Haven so that Sci-Fi Friday can exist again.. And I bet both shows would do better running back to back than either show can do by itself.

I think sci-fi channel has SORT have figured out that bundling shows together brings more audience for the shows. But it seems like they are only willing to do that one week a night.. THAT I don't get..

I don't mind that shows like Ghost Hunters are on Syfy...but not when EVERY Wendesday is a marathon..thats just rediculous. Pair it up with something else and break up the monotony..

#20 MainFragger

MainFragger

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:07 AM

Just to add something quick.. With shows like Wilfred and Louie being really adult and between 10 and 11, I can't imagine why you'd have to force Charlie Jade to 3AM..I don't recall it really being THAT adult..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users