Photo

Charlie Jade - Season 2 - There's a chance !

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 ltownsend

ltownsend

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:54 AM

Really??? Really do you think that SyFy will pick up Charlie Jade (which IMHO was one of the best SF ever made) when they just cancelled Eureka? Those in charge at this channel have no good judgement, they cancel shows haphazardly and without reason. This channel was once THE place to go for shows of this genre - not any more. Just look at their show line up - reality b-s is now their claim to fame. Charlie Jade and the rest of good SciFi have no chance.
Babylon5

#22 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:38 PM

Um - the bit about Sci-Fi picking it up was in 2008, before the economy collapse ended lots of projects underway. The show got switched to 3am a few weeks later, showing the channel lost interest in seeing if the show would pick up momentum.

Eureka tho, got 5 seasons, which is pretty darn good. No scripted show does better on this channel. Hopefully next years eps will pay off, as the writers should have been wrapping up storylines and giving us a good ending. In the mean time, if fans turned efforts to spinoff series (as the writers/producers were clearly bored with Eureka as it was, since they decided to reinvent everything in season 4) which will let the favorite characters continue in a new story, or at least try for a mini-series.

#23 Oracle2025

Oracle2025

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:13 AM

Searching Frantically for any news on at least a book about Charlie Jade.
What I don't get is why there is never a book on any of the series' that gets cancelled. If there is even the slightest hint that it might get cancelled the writers should work on putting out a book that the fans can at least turn to for closure.
I miss the old Sci-Fi channel. Ever since ABC bought them out the whole channel has gone to sh*** with reality shows or wrestling. Just like MTV changed from all music to the ***** that it is now.
If anyone has any idea how to get ahold of any of the Charlie Jade creators, I'd love to write to them so I can suggest they put out the book for the second series so I can read it. Heck, I'd even read a graphic novel or comic book if that's all they did.

#24 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

Probably a good place to try would be here:

http://www.charliejade.net/

http://www.charliejade.net/

They have an interesting, if completely different, idea for their second season. I wouldn't mind the idea if there was a way to reset it that saved all three universes. My only objection in reading the synapses, was that a good guy I liked was slated to become a bad guy that I would find less interesting.

Bad guys can be fun... but he was going to become some annoying company man getting rid of a trouble maker. I'd have preferred he wobbled from good to bad or something like that, still a man with a conscience who believed in giving folks a fair chance. Maybe switch to all the way good in season 3, if he survived that long.

#25 ltownsend

ltownsend

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

Searching Frantically for any news on at least a book about Charlie Jade.
What I don't get is why there is never a book on any of the series' that gets cancelled. If there is even the slightest hint that it might get cancelled the writers should work on putting out a book that the fans can at least turn to for closure.
I miss the old Sci-Fi channel. Ever since ABC bought them out the whole channel has gone to sh*** with reality shows or wrestling. Just like MTV changed from all music to the ***** that it is now.
If anyone has any idea how to get ahold of any of the Charlie Jade creators, I'd love to write to them so I can suggest they put out the book for the second series so I can read it. Heck, I'd even read a graphic novel or comic book if that's all they did.

NBC Universal bought the SciFi Channel. I was able to locate the series DVDs in region 1 format. If you are interested:
TIMESFORGOTTENTV@AOL.COM
Babylon5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users