• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SciFiKev

SciFiKev

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:14 PM

I noticed this friday that ION started airing Flash Gordon however I also noticed that in my programming guide that it says Part 1 of 10.... did they condense this or something ? Could it be that ION is only showing half the season? Or was only 10 episodes made? I never watched Flash after the first two episodes but since there isn't much on and saw this I was thinking of sitting through it.

Edit: Actually Flash on ION starts
August 1st 2008, Friday @ 7pm EST/4pm PST

Also for anyone interested ION also shows
Quantum Leap & Dead Zone reruns now also.. seen that in the guide as well.

#2 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:05 PM

Yeah, I noticed that it would be on.

I think that they are showing the premier on 8/1. This is a two-parter so it's 2 episodes but really one whole episode, know what I mean?

I don't know what's coming up after that. Perhaps they mean they will show it over 10 weeks, 2 eps a night. I have all but the first 6 on video anyway, so I'm just hoping they will air the first 6 episodes.
Claudia: Would it have killed you to put a warning label on this thing?
Artie: Saying what? Only put on in case of stupid?

#3 CambiadorDeNombres

CambiadorDeNombres

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:31 PM

I think this is hillarious.

Ion is known for wanting good family flavored shows and movies. When they ran the mini-series LONESOME DOVE, they even blurred stuff onscreen that CBS had aired as-is.

How in the world is Ion going to handle certain portions of the opening credits on some of the episodes? (I won't go into any more detail...those of you who saw it on SciFi know what I mean.)

I've GOT to record this, just to see how it's going to be handled. tongue.gif

#4 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 03:18 PM

They handled it just fine. In fact, though I could be wrong, I think they threw in a few scenes that weren't in the original. I could be wrong. But some of the Zarkov scenes appeared to be a couple of seconds longer. But all in all they are showing it as it was originally aired. I'm just glad they are showing it at all.

BTW: in the 3rd episode, Zarkov refuses to get a cell phone and explains why (brain cancer caused by the phone). Only within the last couple of weeks are the medical researchers claiming that the cell phones could cause brain cancer. I've heard theories like this often enough but "Zarkov" and the writers were a bit ahead of their time by even mentioning the potential for such problems.

#5 bf6067

bf6067

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:26 PM

Now that some months have passed, have you noticed they stopped airing the show after the first episode?

#6 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:02 PM

Maybe by you???? I saw all 10 of the promised rerun episodes on ION. Taped em all too though I've misplaced the tape...grrrr...well, okay, I suspect someone moved it out of the VCR, put it aside and now it's in that place where things go in our house in order to disappear forever. Fortunately, I have all of them from the first airing.

#7 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,064 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

I didn't know ION aired this show back in '08. These days this channel tends to air only police shows.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users