Photo
- - - - -

Ghost Hunters Being Canceled?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Ghost Hunters Being Canceled (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Has anyone heard that Ghost Hunters is being caneled

1. Yes have you hear? (4 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

2. No, It's not being cancelled (29 votes [87.88%])

Percentage of vote: 87.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Lynette

Lynette

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:29 PM

I was sent a message while in myspace by myspace saying that ghost hunters was being canceled and was sent to site to either agree or disagree. Has anyone else seen this message? If this is true is there anyway that we can let Sci FI know that we do not want this show canceled. I watch it every Wednesday and do not want it canceled.

#2 Funandgames

Funandgames

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:39 AM

It's been announced that Skiffy ordered 26 new episodes.

If it were to be cancelled, they wouldn't order any.

Believe what you will--you can bet that if it were, we'd have a dozen threads talking about it.

This space for rent

#3 Joeh0efosho

Joeh0efosho

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:40 AM

on jays myspace it says that scifi signed them for season 5

#4 Lynette

Lynette

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (Funandgames @ Aug 7 2008, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's been announced that Skiffy ordered 26 new episodes.

If it were to be cancelled, they wouldn't order any.

Believe what you will--you can bet that if it were, we'd have a dozen threads talking about it.

Great to hear that! Like I said it popped up on myspace today so I was upset about it

#5 MysticalKnight

MysticalKnight

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:15 AM

Looks like the show will be around for quite some time.

#6 ghosthunter01

ghosthunter01

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:28 AM

Sci fi will lose a lot of viewers if they do.

#7 RuthinCastle

RuthinCastle

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:49 PM

I seriously doubt the GH or GHI are going to be taken off the air, though I would do some staff changes to make the show more appealing.

#8 chop1

chop1

Dune Messiah

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:51 PM

Yeah, staff changes that could lead to more credibility would be nice. Changes should begin at the top.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

Flexible People Rarely Are Bent Out of Shape

Be yourself, no one else wants the job

If Ignorance is Bliss, Some of these People Must be in Disneyworld

#9 Celt1114

Celt1114

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:43 PM

I think GH has already done their job of proving that ghosts don't exist and should probably move on to full time plumbing or whatnot.
Just my opinion.
The problem with those who call themselves skeptics is not that they are skeptical. We must all be skeptical. The problem is that they are skeptical in only one direction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A callot
Of boundless tongue, who late hath beat her husband,
And now baits me!
William Shakespeare, The Winter's Tale, 2. 3

#10 falcon1529

falcon1529

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:51 PM

Jay and Grant have done an excellent job of assembling a team that really works together and actually UNDERSTANDS their jobs.

1. They collect as much raw data as they can - through EVP's EMF's,Video and personal experiences.
2. They filter all the information collected by all the team members (a task that takes hours and hours of dedicated attention to monotonous NON-information)
3. While all this is going on they have a researcher or two digging into the background of the location.
4. Then they boil it down to fact and fiction.
4. FINALLY - they present the remaining information to the client in a format they can both understand and interact with ("Tell us what you hear...", "Did you see anything unusual there...", etc...)

In short they operate the way a well run business should run. (The INTEL folks in the AF should watch and learn something here.) ( Sorry - pet peeve from a lot of BAD experiences)

As for people that say there is too much "play" in the show. I strongly disagree. Jay and Grant obviously understand that when people work in a high stress environment such as they do - dark unfamiliar places, close quarters, going into places some people adamantly refuse to enter, etc... - tension and stress can destroy an otherwise sound investigation. A little light by-play by the team members can do a LOT to help people refocus - especially when they realize they've been had. The team deserves kudos too since they all understand that there is no true animousity and they don't "retaliate" - very much.

Well enough soap-boxing.

Back to the point of this thread - ScfiFi is NOT stupid enough to get rid of a working program. At worse they may move them to another time slot but I just don't see them cancelling the show. As the guys down in maintenance keep telling me - "If it ain't broke don't "mess" with it."

#11 GhostGirl14

GhostGirl14

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Celt1114 @ Aug 7 2008, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think GH has already done their job of proving that ghosts don't exist and should probably move on to full time plumbing or whatnot.
Just my opinion.

Have you even watched any of the episodes? o.O

#12 Mortus2k8

Mortus2k8

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (GhostGirl14 @ Aug 7 2008, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. Have you seen a full body apparition that matches a photo from a death certificate database on the show? Everything they catch can be explained naturally, some easier than others. They're never going to be able to prove that ghosts exist without finding something so concrete that no other explanation could possibly arise.

#13 witchagie

witchagie

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (Lynette @ Aug 6 2008, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was sent a message while in myspace by myspace saying that ghost hunters was being canceled and was sent to site to either agree or disagree. Has anyone else seen this message? If this is true is there anyway that we can let Sci FI know that we do not want this show canceled. I watch it every Wednesday and do not want it canceled.

Angie september 30 08
Actually, I got the same message on myspace. They just CANT cancel it! I never miss an episode ! SO, SCI-FI...YOU CANNOT CANCEL THE BEST REALITY SHOW ON TELEVISION!!!!!!

#14 witchagie

witchagie

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (GhostGirl14 @ Aug 7 2008, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TO :::GHOSTGIRL14:::
APPARENTLY YOU HAVENT WATCHED TOO MANY EPISODES OF GHOST HUNTERS. TRUE, THEY DONT ALWAYS FIND APPARITIONS, BUT, THATS WHAT MAKES THE SHOW FACTUAL, NOT FICTIONAL......DUH

#15 LCellini

LCellini

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:32 AM

Dang this is an old thread.

This movie was shot in 3B - three beers - and it looks good, eh?

Hey we found a dead mouse in our beer eh. That means you owe us a free case.

Eh? Take off, you hoser!

Posted Image

#16 7kimberly

7kimberly

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:52 PM

I think Jay and Grant do an excellent job and this show should not be cancelled. I got the same message on myspace and was alarmed by it... I hope that they do not cancel this show.

I think that Jay and Grant do the best job in proving the existence of "paranormal activity" and disproving or debunking the claims that are not paranormal. Even if they do have a personal experience during a case - if there is no evidence that was captured - they have to dismiss it. I think that the biggest evidence that this show is real - is the halloween episode. I sat up for hours on end watching. Sometimes they caught something - sometimes they didn't. I like the fact they are just normal guys with families and honest people with good common sense!!!!!
I love this show. It helps people , brings people together and sheds light on the paranormal .... a field that many people were unaware of before this show
What do you all think?
biggrin.gif

#17 Wiitendo64

Wiitendo64

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (7kimberly @ Nov 29 2008, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Jay and Grant do an excellent job and this show should not be cancelled. I got the same message on myspace and was alarmed by it... I hope that they do not cancel this show.

I think that Jay and Grant do the best job in proving the existence of "paranormal activity" and disproving or debunking the claims that are not paranormal. Even if they do have a personal experience during a case - if there is no evidence that was captured - they have to dismiss it. I think that the biggest evidence that this show is real - is the halloween episode. I sat up for hours on end watching. Sometimes they caught something - sometimes they didn't. I like the fact they are just normal guys with families and honest people with good common sense!!!!!
I love this show. It helps people , brings people together and sheds light on the paranormal .... a field that many people were unaware of before this show
What do you all think?
biggrin.gif

Exactly it gives us proof that their is life after death, and how to accept death. I doubt the show would be cancelled while at it's best, and if they did cancel Ghost Hunters...People WILL die. *Looks at SciFi network.*

~Life is a dream, so try not to wake up.~
Check out my: myspace

#18 Hoobsmom

Hoobsmom

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Wiitendo64 @ Nov 30 2008, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly it gives us proof that their is life after death, and how to accept death. I doubt the show would be cancelled while at it's best, and if they did cancel Ghost Hunters...People WILL die. *Looks at SciFi network.*

Are you giving Scifi the gypsy evil eye?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#19 Wiitendo64

Wiitendo64

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (Hoobsmom @ Nov 30 2008, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you giving Scifi the gypsy evil eye?

Maaaaaaybe.  rolleyes.gif  

~Life is a dream, so try not to wake up.~
Check out my: myspace

#20 Hoobsmom

Hoobsmom

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (Wiitendo64 @ Nov 30 2008, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maaaaaaybe. rolleyes.gif

Well, I have a bunch of voodoo spells if your evil eye doesnt work.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users