• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 snickbick

snickbick

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:48 PM

Lambertville New Jersey Inn of the Hawke ... I was upstairs and I felt very uneasy passing room 2 and I just felt very weird the whole time I was there, for more information visit theshadowlands.com

Lambertville New Jersey Lambertville High School ... Weird occurences have happened there visit theshadowlands.com for more info

Gettysburg Pennsylvania Farnsworth House ... I smelt cherry tobacco on a tour there, also there have been many tales of strange occurences

#2 TheNightGoat

TheNightGoat

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:34 PM

Was this just an advertisement for theshadowlands.com? And why do I suddenly crave the chocolaty, rich taste of Ovaltine?
Evil, hell, Satan, goat, cheese, pickles,
onions on a sesame seed bun.

We will send 'round the most murkiest murkmen from Murkton
On a Monday, which is a murky day....

#3 MbS1965

MbS1965

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:39 PM

..."Be sure to drink your Ovaltine. Ovaltine? A crummy commercial? Son of a _!".... ooopppss, I might get the LifeBouy for that one
Be y'all a Martin or be y'all a Coy,? Well, my friends say I'm *very* coy

#4 Meagan

Meagan

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:41 AM

As far as haunted places in Jersey-
"Shades of Death Road" has always been the stuff of legend around northwestern NJ. There is also haunted lake on the road called "Ghost Lake". Both are always featured in some way or another in Weird NJ magazine.
Also, Centenary College, also in NW NJ has a famous haunting- that of a young woman named "Tilly" who was raped and killed in the Seay Building and still haunts the grounds.
There are also the closed-down portions of the famous mental institution Greystone Park in Morris County where many strange things happened, and many unique methods were used on patients. Very sad and dark history. I would certainly say its haunted, and unfortunately they're going to tear it down soon due to it being structurally unsound/unsightly.
Ringwood Manor- with history concerning Revolutionary War etc.- very creepy yet beautiful victorian mansion located in Ringwood State Park, Ringwood.

As far as haunted places in PA, I only have one that I visited several years ago. In my opinion it was definitely haunted-
The Buck Hill Inn/Inn at Buck Hill Falls. Absolutely HUGE- 142 acres, opened in 1901, eventually came to have 400+ rooms. Lot of violence happened here, lot of death- very weird vibes. Like I said, I believe it's haunted- without a doubt.

If Ghost Hunters visited ANY of these places it would be absolutely awesome for me, being that NJ is my home state. biggrin.gif
Plus, all of these places are not that far from Rhode Island!!! *wink, wink wink.gif

#5 JustKar

JustKar

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Meagan @ Aug 21 2008, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as haunted places in Jersey-
"Shades of Death Road" has always been the stuff of legend around northwestern NJ. There is also haunted lake on the road called "Ghost Lake". Both are always featured in some way or another in Weird NJ magazine.
Also, Centenary College, also in NW NJ has a famous haunting- that of a young woman named "Tilly" who was raped and killed in the Seay Building and still haunts the grounds.
There are also the closed-down portions of the famous mental institution Greystone Park in Morris County where many strange things happened, and many unique methods were used on patients. Very sad and dark history. I would certainly say its haunted, and unfortunately they're going to tear it down soon due to it being structurally unsound/unsightly.
Ringwood Manor- with history concerning Revolutionary War etc.- very creepy yet beautiful victorian mansion located in Ringwood State Park, Ringwood.

As far as haunted places in PA, I only have one that I visited several years ago. In my opinion it was definitely haunted-
The Buck Hill Inn/Inn at Buck Hill Falls. Absolutely HUGE- 142 acres, opened in 1901, eventually came to have 400+ rooms. Lot of violence happened here, lot of death- very weird vibes. Like I said, I believe it's haunted- without a doubt.

If Ghost Hunters visited ANY of these places it would be absolutely awesome for me, being that NJ is my home state. biggrin.gif
Plus, all of these places are not that far from Rhode Island!!! *wink, wink wink.gif

HEY, what a coincidence!
NJ is my home state too! wink.gif laugh.gif

All the places that Meg mentioned are absolutely worth an investigation.
Greystone, the former psychiatric institution does indeed have a VERY dark history. There are underground tunnels that lead from the actual institution to other buildings all over the grounds, used to transport patients. I would be very surprised if nothing turned up there.

Many people have claimed to see strange lights and visions in the graveyard on the grounds of Ringwood Manor...it's a place that NO ONE goes after dark. The manor itself and the grounds are breathtaking.

And yes, it is absolutely true that Centenary College has a ghost; it is a well-known legend in this area.

C'mon, Jason and Grant.....NJ is Tango's home state! smile.gif I know you've already done an investigation here, but these places are SO worth it!

I truly believe that individuals can make a difference in society. Since periods of change such as the present one come so rarely in human history, it is up to each of us to make the best use of our time to help create a happier world.

......Dalai Lama.....

#6 Meagan

Meagan

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:24 AM

That's right JustKar-
C'mon over to NJ Ghost Hunters!!! You will not be disappointed!!! biggrin.gif

#7 VyvyanBasterd

VyvyanBasterd

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:41 PM

i have been told by the workers that the tower theater in upper darby is haunted.

#8 FASherman

FASherman

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

Bolton Mansion
Levittown, PA

#9 sonofred

sonofred

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:27 PM

Plus one on Greystone Park. Has to be one of the creepiest looking buildings ever constructed. Literally miles of tunnels under the grounds. All sorts of stories about escaped patients living in the tunnels, feeding on bodies in the morgue. Someone I used to know (a policeman), swore he saw a gray colored man with a long beard creeping around by the morgue one night. Ghost? Cannibal? I don't know but Jay and Grant have to get there before they tear it down!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users