• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 cabela

cabela

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:13 AM

We are wondering if anyone has heard of this "haunted" house in Hinsdale NY? It was on the show A Haunting. The former owner of this house has also written a book called "echoes of a haunting" it is about her expierences. There is ongoing updates on the house, we would be curious to see if there is any actual EVPs captured or any REAL proof that it is haunted. We live approx. 25 miles from this location and would really like to have documentation. Let us know you opinion!

#2 DKMcMillen

DKMcMillen

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (cabela @ Aug 14 2008, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are wondering if anyone has heard of this "haunted" house in Hinsdale NY? It was on the show A Haunting. The former owner of this house has also written a book called "echoes of a haunting" it is about her expierences. There is ongoing updates on the house, we would be curious to see if there is any actual EVPs captured or any REAL proof that it is haunted. We live approx. 25 miles from this location and would really like to have documentation. Let us know you opinion!

My grandmother used to tell me stories of this house when i was younger. It is just over the hill from where she lives in Hinsdale NY and from where I grew up. Many people have investigated this supposed haunting through out the years since the early 1970's when the first reported hauntings began. Yes this is a real house and yes the residents of Hinsdale do believe this to be a genuine haunting. This house is the main thing that peaked my interest in the paranormal and eventually drew me into getting my degree in Parapsychology.

#3 SargeJarlinda2

SargeJarlinda2

Viper Pilot

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (DKMcMillen @ Sep 9 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My grandmother used to tell me stories of this house when i was younger. It is just over the hill from where she lives in Hinsdale NY and from where I grew up. Many people have investigated this supposed haunting through out the years since the early 1970's when the first reported hauntings began. Yes this is a real house and yes the residents of Hinsdale do believe this to be a genuine haunting. This house is the main thing that peaked my interest in the paranormal and eventually drew me into getting my degree in Parapsychology.

A degreed parapsychologist, and what esteemed university granted that degree?

#4 blondeness

blondeness

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:05 PM

The International Global Universal Galactical University of the Subconsciously Conscious

...or, TIGUGUSC for short. Dorm life there is insane!

#5 Celt1114

Celt1114

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (DKMcMillen @ Sep 9 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very interesting.
Some people aren't aware that courses in parapsychology are available.

The study must have been interesting, and the exams....ouch! smile.gif

Actually NY is just a hop skip and jump away from me. Where is Hinsdale?
I'm always looking for new places to check out!
The problem with those who call themselves skeptics is not that they are skeptical. We must all be skeptical. The problem is that they are skeptical in only one direction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A callot
Of boundless tongue, who late hath beat her husband,
And now baits me!
William Shakespeare, The Winter's Tale, 2. 3

#6 skywalker07

skywalker07

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (Celt1114 @ Sep 9 2008, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very interesting.

Here is a well known Parapsychologist!

Posted Image

#7 SargeJarlinda2

SargeJarlinda2

Viper Pilot

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (Celt1114 @ Sep 9 2008, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very interesting.

I am aware there are courses, but no accredited programs in the United States that would offer a bachelor's degree or higher

#8 Celt1114

Celt1114

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (skywalker07 @ Sep 9 2008, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is a well known Parapsychologist!

HAHAHA! I don't know you dude but your posts bring a smile to my face......LOL!! biggrin.gif

The problem with those who call themselves skeptics is not that they are skeptical. We must all be skeptical. The problem is that they are skeptical in only one direction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A callot
Of boundless tongue, who late hath beat her husband,
And now baits me!
William Shakespeare, The Winter's Tale, 2. 3

#9 pauliek

pauliek

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (cabela @ Aug 14 2008, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi cabela,
I can tell you from personal experience that the house is truly troubled. I was extensively involved with the house in '73-74. Clara wrote of the families experiences in her book that you mentioned, "Echoes of a Haunting." I've just recently finished a 600+ page novel on my experiences with the house during the same period. Since moving back to NY in '99, I, and a small group have once again begun investigations on the nature of the haunt. An elderly couple now live in the house and they have become weary of all the people dropping in to seek proof of 'life after death' and because of this, have asked that we no longer come to the house. Dr. Michael Rambacher was offering tours on weekends during the summer months until recently. With his hectic schedule, he was no longer able to conduct the tours at which time, I asked the residents if I might continue them -- their answer was a resounding NO! My book, "You Know They're Here" should be available soon. You'll be able to get a copy at any Barnes and Noble bookstore. If there is anything else you'd like to know, send me an email and I will do my best to answer any questions.
Regards,
Paul

#10 DrObvious

DrObvious

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:26 PM

HMMMM....

First post for Cabela, DKMcmillen, and pauliek.........

I smell fish............
The Doctor

#11 LiteraryOne

LiteraryOne

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (DrObvious @ Sep 10 2008, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HMMMM....

I smell fish............

It's either dinner or a publicity stunt!
I hope it's dinner ...I'm hungry!

rolleyes.gif

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 BrendaMS

BrendaMS

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (cabela @ Aug 14 2008, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I went on tour of the Hinsdale House in Hinsdale NY. The first one that they had. I have some very interresting pictures that were taken there. I have tried to find away to send them to Ghost Hunters TAPS but have not been able to. I know the man who did the tours was involved with the Father from Bonas when the lady and her family who wrote the book lived there.

#13 wendypan

wendypan

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (DrObvious @ Sep 10 2008, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HMMMM....

I smell fish............

And they have not been back either. Double hmmmm.
We love Ghost Hunters. Where else could we use our critical thinking skills while in the comfort of our comfy chairs? Where else could we spot fraud without leaving the safety of our living rooms? Where else could we practice our debunking abilities [like J and G claim to do]? Late night infomercials perhaps. But I don't stay up that late.

EVERY VALID PARANORMAL GROUP POSTS EVERY BIT OF EVIDENCE THEY COLLECT. WHY NOT TAPS?

Here's a bit of advice that recent episodes make me think TAPS needs to learn: TELL THE TRUTH, IT'S EASIER TO REMEMBER.

#14 faustlove

faustlove

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (wendypan @ Jan 24 2009, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And they have not been back either. Double hmmmm.

No Doubt!! I thought I smelled STINKIN' FISH! Why doesn't someone take out the trash around here?? That FISH has been sitting in the can for far too long! YUCK!
I'm just "Fluido en miedo!"
Posted Image Posted Image A foolish consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds. Emerson
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." Galileo
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little. George Carlin

#15 MrBowl2U

MrBowl2U

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (BrendaMS @ Jan 24 2009, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went on tour of the Hinsdale House in Hinsdale NY. The first one that they had. I have some very interresting pictures that were taken there. I have tried to find away to send them to Ghost Hunters TAPS but have not been able to. I know the man who did the tours was involved with the Father from Bonas when the lady and her family who wrote the book lived there.

What a coincidence... rolleyes.gif
-bOwL

Posted Image--------Bowl_is_Forever @ Xbox live-------Posted Image

Adam Gibson: You should clone yourself now, while you're still alive.
Drucker: Why, so I can share your unique perspective?
Adam Gibson: No, so you can go screw yourself.

Skywalker is a Honky MoFo!

#16 pauliek

pauliek

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (MrBowl2U @ Jan 24 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a coincidence... rolleyes.gif

I've been back several times, but there hasn't been anything to reply to. We still go to the house and do investigations nearly every week. I've recently contacted Ghost Hunters and am waiting for a reply.
Paul

#17 Spiritedgirl

Spiritedgirl

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:48 AM

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum.

I'm not familiar with the house but it sounds interesting and now am curious. I'm guessing since you have written a book about this house that you believe it is haunted. Can you tell us what brought you to that conclusion? Maybe something you and your team have experienced or caught there?

You said the older couple in the house now are tired of the investigations and have stopped the tours. Have they experienced anything in the house? It sounds like they are not afraid of whatever may be there?

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. ~ Gandhi

Spiritual People Inspire Me, Religious People Frighten Me.

#18 October31st

October31st

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (pauliek @ May 5 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been back several times, but there hasn't been anything to reply to. We still go to the house and do investigations nearly every week.

I'm confused. In your original post you wrote "An elderly couple now live in the house and they have become weary of all the people dropping in to seek proof of 'life after death' and because of this, have asked that we no longer come to the house." And in your second post you write "We still go to the house and do investigations nearly every week."

?

#19 FeliciaF

FeliciaF

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:53 PM

I was at this house a month ago, I was with a friend and we decided to do some voice recordings. We got some interesting voices. One was angry, a man, and almost yelled "Who's there", and the other was a woman saying "Help me, oh please oh god". We left when we heard a faint woman in the house say "hello?". No other cars we're there but mine and we yelled in the house several times to see if anyone was there. I also got a picture of a face in the back window!! It creepy, white face, you can see its features and its looking at the camera.

No one lives there now, the couple passed away. By the looks of the house, people are fixing it up but i don't know what they're going to do with it. It's pretty beat up.
I started to visit the house after i read about it. Echos of a Haunting by Clara Miller.
Hinsdale is about 40 minutes away from my house, i went there alot this year. But the last time i was there was about a week after i went there with my friend and it was dark out. No cars we're there so i pulled around back and light was on downstairs so i left. I hope they don't tear the house down.

#20 John777777

John777777

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:37 AM

Posted Imageyeah, bro. That's what's up Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users