Embersrise

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (haunted1 @ Jul 14 2008, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone seen this movie?

Elaborate??? What's the story?? Is it an actual movie???
Posted Image
There two types of people in this world. Those of us who love Neil Diamond and those who should have their ears boxed and kidneys battered.

#4 skywalker07

skywalker07

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (Embersrise @ Jul 14 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Elaborate??? What's the story?? Is it an actual movie???

I found this.....

muh ha ha

Posted Image

#5 LCellini

LCellini

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:58 PM

im still confused...is this a real movie or what?

and trailer is lame tongue.gif look at me peeping around the corner at you jay and grant style!!!

This movie was shot in 3B - three beers - and it looks good, eh?

Hey we found a dead mouse in our beer eh. That means you owe us a free case.

Eh? Take off, you hoser!

Posted Image

#6 MysticalKnight

MysticalKnight

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:50 PM

Fictional ...

SYNOPSIS

In 2002, renowned "ghost hunter" Carter Simms was offered five thousand dollars to conduct a paranormal investigation of the famous Masterson House. Joined by a videographer, a reporter and a spiritual advocate, Carter attempts to prove the existence of life after death... She succeeded.

#7 stanman

stanman

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:03 PM

I recently rented "death of a ghost hunter" from blockbuster and they cover protrays a true story.....So i rented it and watched it and was amazed that something like this could actually happen....i have firmly believed in "ghosts" from child hood experiences...there isnt a person in this enitre world that could tell me otherwise...ive seen it....but anyways the movie is about Carter Simms a female ghost hunter in which she was given 5,000 dollars to spend three days in the famous"Masterson house" in Queen Creek Arizona...the Masterson family was said to be muredered in the house along with their two children...as the movie goes on you find out how sick these people were....alright enough about the movie...im going to cut to the chase....Im not finding any info on the Masteson house or Carter Simms or any deaths in Queen Creek Arizona like that...The ending of the movie Carter Simms dies and goes in front of a nightvision camera and tells you she is dead and there is life after death...if anyone else has seen the movie and can send me any links to anything proving that this story is true I personally will come out of pocket and shell out 5,000 of my own money for any true video evidence and any pictures from that 3 day trip in the Masterson house. personally I call ****

#8 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

I have found no information that it is a true story or even based on a true story.
In fact I found references to it as 'true story feel'
but a review said
"The film has an eerily true story feeling about it, like Blair Witch meets an American Haunting."

where does your info that it is real come from please?

native2.gif

#9 stanman

stanman

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (stanman @ Aug 13 2008, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recently rented "death of a ghost hunter" from blockbuster and they cover protrays a true story.....So i rented it and watched it and was amazed that something like this could actually happen....i have firmly believed in "ghosts" from child hood experiences...there isnt a person in this enitre world that could tell me otherwise...ive seen it....but anyways the movie is about Carter Simms a female ghost hunter in which she was given 5,000 dollars to spend three days in the famous"Masterson house" in Queen Creek Arizona...the Masterson family was said to be muredered in the house along with their two children...as the movie goes on you find out how sick these people were....alright enough about the movie...im going to cut to the chase....Im not finding any info on the Masteson house or Carter Simms or any deaths in Queen Creek Arizona like that...The ending of the movie Carter Simms dies and goes in front of a nightvision camera and tells you she is dead and there is life after death...if anyone else has seen the movie and can send me any links to anything proving that this story is true I personally will come out of pocket and shell out 5,000 of my own money for any true video evidence and any pictures from that 3 day trip in the Masterson house. personally I call ****

#10 stanman

stanman

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:22 PM

The beginning of the movie it states that all events where taken from Carter Simms journal.....It also says the Masterson house is one of the top 10 most haunted places in the United States....and i quote"What tranpired is the most terrifying and tragic paranormal investigation in the history of modern"ghost hunting" ".....I mean if you make a movie that is completely fictional dont say these type of things misleading people....deffenantly not cool in my book

#11 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:27 PM

From what I read about it it is like the Blair Witch project in that they made a movie that was to look like it was a real documentary.
It is listed under horror/thriller category when I looked for it.
If it was real I'd hope they'd put it under documentary.
when they made the movie off of the Grizzly Nan they had all his film and it was released as a documentary...
of course they did not include the part where the bears killed him.

I am suspicious that what you saw is actually a fiction movie filmed like a documentary to give it an extra creepy feel.

But I have not seen it, perhaps someone else on the bb has and will relpy.

native2.gif

#12 ann202124

ann202124

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:35 PM

Ya actually i watched it last night.It is really disturbing.I was wondering?Is it really a true story or is it one of those blair witch movies that are just fake? I cant find anything on that Carter Simms lady. huh.gif

#13 stanman

stanman

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:43 PM

did you not see my post under yours? read it and tell me what you think

#14 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:46 PM

Death of a ghost hunter
by stanman

MERGED with

has anyone seen Death of a Ghost Hunter movie?, Is this movie based on a true story?
by haunted1

native2.gif

#15 TheNightGoat

TheNightGoat

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

I'm guessing this is on TV for free somewhere, probably why everyone has seen it. wink.gif

So what station is it on?
Evil, hell, Satan, goat, cheese, pickles,
onions on a sesame seed bun.

We will send 'round the most murkiest murkmen from Murkton
On a Monday, which is a murky day....

#16 Embersrise

Embersrise

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:07 PM

Ok, I really don't have to watch anymore than the trailer to tell it's a B movie based on as much fact as the Blair Witch Project. I'm puttin my money on it not being real. I live near Queen Creek and have never even heard about this movie or anything like it happening. Masterson house??Its news to me!!
Posted Image
There two types of people in this world. Those of us who love Neil Diamond and those who should have their ears boxed and kidneys battered.

#17 chop1

chop1

Dune Messiah

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:12 PM

News of my death has been greatly exaggerated - Mark Twain
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

Flexible People Rarely Are Bent Out of Shape

Be yourself, no one else wants the job

If Ignorance is Bliss, Some of these People Must be in Disneyworld

#18 Unicorn0

Unicorn0

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:26 PM

Yeah, Tipi it does look a little Blair Witchy to me too. laugh.gif

Best Ghost Movie: The Haunting (1963)

#19 LiteraryOne

LiteraryOne

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:31 PM

This is employing a very common literary ploy of constructing a "true or fictional" story behind the story.

Pick up The Scarlet Letter by Hawthorne. The preface of the story is how Hawthorne in his position as a clerk in the counting house found the elaborately embroidered "A" and the story of Hester Prin.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 chop1

chop1

Dune Messiah

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (LiteraryOne @ Aug 13 2008, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is employing a very common literary ploy of constructing a "true or fictional" story behind the story.

Pick up The Scarlet Letter by Hawthorne. The preface of the story is how Hawthorne in his position as a clerk in the counting house found the elaborately embroidered "A" and the story of Hester Prin.

Or, "The Man Who Would be King" by Kipling, framed stories are quite common
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

Flexible People Rarely Are Bent Out of Shape

Be yourself, no one else wants the job

If Ignorance is Bliss, Some of these People Must be in Disneyworld

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users