11 replies to this topic

#1 Strontium90

Strontium90

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:43 PM

Hi all,

Space 1999 remains one of my all time favourite series , at least Season 1. Theres a new website up where another die-hard fan has remastered the original series and has some interesting thoughts on continuity etc . There are next millenium "adverts " for each episode too. Really worth checking out. A labour of love for this guy and his crew . Apologies if anyone has posted this before .

http://space2099.tv/

#2 STRBUK

STRBUK

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 398 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:50 PM

That site was great. Unfortunately, the studio made them take down their videos (copyright infringement and stuff). Some of the remade trailers are on YouTube. Search Space:2009 and they'll pull up. Good stuff. A lot of the "glitches" which drove the die-hard fanbase crazy were corrected. Also, in the remade epis, the pace was sped up a bit for today's ADHD audiences.

#3 cmdrkoenig67

cmdrkoenig67

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:22 PM

I'd rather have an outright remake than stomach the tampering that was done to the original episodes on that website.

#4 FdbSym

FdbSym

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:33 AM

space 1999
leggendary great show
Posted Image

#5 nypdretired

nypdretired

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:44 PM

why do all series end up having to throw a shapeshifter into the cast?

I'm not always right but I am never wrong.

The above posts are my opinions.

#6 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,522 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

Good news everyone!

From Blastr: Latest sci-fi TV reboot: V's producers bringing back Space: 1999

From The Hollywood Reporter: 'Space: 2099' to Be Revived for Television

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#7 MrDarkwood

MrDarkwood

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

I think a remake could work. However, it ought to be a total rewrite. The main thing I'd change myself would be to get rid of the whole idea of the moon bogging off on some pan-galactic, faster than light, tourist trip. Would be a lot more believable if it were just a large space ship of some sort.

#8 cmdrkoenig67

cmdrkoenig67

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

I think a remake could work. However, it ought to be a total rewrite. The main thing I'd change myself would be to get rid of the whole idea of the moon bogging off on some pan-galactic, faster than light, tourist trip. Would be a lot more believable if it were just a large space ship of some sort.

Then it would be a remake of Lost in Space, not Space:1999.

#9 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,522 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

From Blastr: Here's an upbeat update on that long, long-delayed Space: 1999 reboot

112d1328823413-poster-2.jpg?itok=_3I7sv7

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

#10 RScottus

RScottus

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:20 AM

Long time response to MrDarkwood and cmdrKoenig: A good premise would have been off a book "Ship of Fools" by Richard Paul Russo. Premise, a huge "generation" ship with thousands of humans has spent hundreds of years in space. So long, no one remembers exactly where they came from or where they are headed and why. The book itself has a very intriguing plot storyline, but I could see an impressive series built off that as well.

#11 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,522 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

Long time response to MrDarkwood and cmdrKoenig: A good premise would have been off a book "Ship of Fools" by Richard Paul Russo. Premise, a huge "generation" ship with thousands of humans has spent hundreds of years in space. So long, no one remembers exactly where they came from or where they are headed and why. The book itself has a very intriguing plot storyline, but I could see an impressive series built off that as well.

---------------
That sounds similar to the premise of The Starlost.

#12 RScottus

RScottus

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

Wow, would have been worth watching for the 70s cheese alone. "Fools was more a little weird. I would not want to give away the book story (did have a story). I picked it up on chance waiting for a flight for work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users