• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 falieson

falieson

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:30 AM

So I found another topic, similar to this, but it was locked so I'm going to restart it.

Does anyone remember the anime with the kid that sneaked aboard the space ship and got whirled away on an adventure, maybe there was a train in there at some point? (probably like 10 years ago) The really memorable scene would be the kid standing on a frozen lake talking to this chick and looking down and there are bodies floating in the ice. Maybe it had something to do with androids?

Gosh I wish I could remember more about it!

#2 SilentSymphony

SilentSymphony

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (falieson @ Oct 8 2008, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I found another topic, similar to this, but it was locked so I'm going to restart it.

Does anyone remember the anime with the kid that sneaked aboard the space ship and got whirled away on an adventure, maybe there was a train in there at some point? (probably like 10 years ago) The really memorable scene would be the kid standing on a frozen lake talking to this chick and looking down and there are bodies floating in the ice. Maybe it had something to do with androids?

Gosh I wish I could remember more about it!

No clue...

BTW welcome to Ani-Monday Forums!
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 TommyTwoTacos

TommyTwoTacos

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:39 PM

I'm thinking Hakugei: the legend of moby the **** but what you're describing sounds a bit more violent. Let me ask, was the captain of the spaceship really into raving and were they salvaging other ships? Maybe Queen Emeraldas, was it a pirate spaceship? This feels more likely as it's a derivation of Galaxy Express 999, which does involves "trains" and androids.
Posted Image

#4 supun

supun

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:55 PM

Here is a list of anime shown on the Sci Fi Channel back in the 90's. (from Wikipedia)

* 8 Man After
* Adieu, Galaxy Express 999
* Akira (Streamline Pictures dub)
* Armitage III: Poly-Matrix
* Casshan: Robot Hunter
* Demon City Shinjuku
* Dominion Tank Police
* E.Y.E.S. of Mars
* Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture
* Galaxy Express 999
* Gall Force
* Green Legend Ran
* Iria: Zeiram the Animation
* Lensman
* Lily C.A.T.
* Odin: Photon Sailer Starlight
* Project A-ko
* Record of Lodoss War (1990 OAV series, first three episodes only.)
* Robot Carnival
* Roujin Z
* Tenchi Muyo! in Love
* Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer
* Vampire Hunter D
* Venus Wars
* Wizards

I think some shows are missing because I remember they showed other Project A-ko movies and they are not listed.

BTW: I recommend Green Legend Ran, especially if you liked Here And There, Now And Then.

#5 TommyTwoTacos

TommyTwoTacos

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:59 PM

galaxy express 999 is the only one on that list that fits the bill as best I can tell. AND I figured it out without even knowing what anime had been shown on sci fi channel! I'm the greatest (cheers for himself and dances around)
Posted Image

#6 BluMeino

BluMeino

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 348 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:48 AM

Yeah? Well, I've actually seen the Galaxy Express 999 movie and I'm currently watching the show. It's amazing and I wish they'd play it and many of those others again.

And for Green Legend Ran, it was done by the same studio, so it has the exact same look and feel. Odin might be the one I need to re-watch, if I'm remember correctly.

#7 Funkgunn

Funkgunn

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:43 AM

I Loved Galaxy 999 (the movies not the series) The bodies were the human bodies because you traded it for a machine one. That is where I dump bodies, Pluto biggrin.gif

QUOTE (supun @ Oct 8 2008, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is a list of anime shown on the Sci Fi Channel back in the 90's. (from Wikipedia)

* 8 Man After
* Demon City Shinjuku
* Dominion Tank Police
* E.Y.E.S. of Mars
* Galaxy Express 999
* Gall Force
* Green Legend Ran
* Lensman
* Lily C.A.T.
* Project A-ko
* Robot Carnival
* Roujin Z
* Tenchi Muyo! in Love
* Vampire Hunter D
* Venus Wars
* Wizards

I think some shows are missing because I remember they showed other Project A-ko movies and they are not listed.

BTW: I recommend Green Legend Ran, especially if you liked Here And There, Now And Then.

Yeah, it feels like that is where I saw Plot of the Daitokuji Financial Group the first time, because I cringed at the bad dub.
The Good, the Bad, and the Funk
Posted Image

#8 DeadMorgoth

DeadMorgoth

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 465 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:51 PM

I'm pretty sure I recorded every anime(which I knew about) that sci-fi played back at that time and I only got the first A-KO and 'Battles.' Not sure if I just missed it or not, but I'm also fairly sure that when I watched the tape I bought of Plot of the... it was new to me. Just FWIW. From that list, the only one I don't seem to have is Wizards, so maybe I did miss a couple.

And yes, the OP has got to be referring to Galaxy Express 999, tho I can't tell you which one of the two it was specifically this far removed, guessing probably the first. I saw a little of the first one over again on some other channel a year or two ago, but didn't watch it all. I never saw the series.

Green Legend Ran was very cool, but then so were a lot of those movies IMO. Oh and they played the second Dominion Tank Police too.
Legion of the Unlight, Bane of the Cleansed

#9 Pezman2000z

Pezman2000z

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:08 AM

If you can get FUNimation channel on MyTv, they have gaaxy railway, black cat and other anime from funimation.

#10 Funkgunn

Funkgunn

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (DeadMorgoth @ Oct 9 2008, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure I recorded every anime(which I knew about) that sci-fi played back at that time and I only got the first A-KO and 'Battles.' Not sure if I just missed it or not, but I'm also fairly sure that when I watched the tape I bought of Plot of the... it was new to me. Just FWIW. From that list, the only one I don't seem to have is Wizards, so maybe I did miss a couple.

And yes, the OP has got to be referring to Galaxy Express 999, tho I can't tell you which one of the two it was specifically this far removed, guessing probably the first. I saw a little of the first one over again on some other channel a year or two ago, but didn't watch it all. I never saw the series.

Green Legend Ran was very cool, but then so were a lot of those movies IMO. Oh and they played the second Dominion Tank Police too.

I forget, your the man with a million taped Sci Fi anime in the day.

QUOTE (Pezman2000z @ Oct 10 2008, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you can get FUNimation channel on MyTv, they have gaaxy railway, black cat and other anime from funimation.

Man, I only wish I did... but maybe it is good I have enough i am trying to watch as we speak.
Posted Image

#11 diblack2

diblack2

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Pezman2000z @ Oct 10 2008, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

welcome, welcome!!! biggrin.gif

i heard that verizon fios is adding funimation to their basic cable line-up, too...
Posted Image

#12 BTsdragon

BTsdragon

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (supun @ Oct 8 2008, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

* 8 Man After
* Demon City Shinjuku
* Dominion Tank Police
* E.Y.E.S. of Mars
* Galaxy Express 999
* Gall Force
* Green Legend Ran
* Lensman
* Lily C.A.T.
* Project A-ko
* Robot Carnival
* Roujin Z
* Tenchi Muyo! in Love
* Vampire Hunter D
* Venus Wars
* Wizards

Thanks so much for posting this list! I'm pretty sure that Venus Wars was my first anime movie, if not, it definitely was the first one i watched on Sci Fi back in the day. I've seen most of these but.... they played Urusei Yatsura? Now that's one i definitely missed!

QUOTE (DeadMorgoth @ Oct 9 2008, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Um, do you still have those tapes... wanna trade? Huh? Huh? Pllleeeaaassse? I told ya i missed some...
QUOTE (diblack2 @ Oct 10 2008, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i heard that verizon fios is adding funimation to their basic cable line-up, too...

I wish cablevison would add it to mine. dry.gif sad.gif
aka blueTamsia

Posted Image

#13 Funkgunn

Funkgunn

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:46 AM

Oh, thanks BT you found it! I was looking for it the other night, this list from Supun.
Posted Image

#14 GATO008

GATO008

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (supun @ Oct 8 2008, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

* 8 Man After
* Demon City Shinjuku
* Dominion Tank Police
* E.Y.E.S. of Mars
* Galaxy Express 999
* Gall Force
* Green Legend Ran
* Lensman
* Lily C.A.T.
* Project A-ko
* Robot Carnival
* Roujin Z
* Tenchi Muyo! in Love
* Vampire Hunter D
* Venus Wars
* Wizards

I'm pretty sure they passed Macross II movie not the OAV, wow some awesome stuff they passed back then! BTW i really wanted to comment on this before but now that you brought it up Here And There, Now And Then is remarkedly similar to Green Legend Ran, i even thought it might have been sequal or prequel, been sometime since i've seen GLR but i remember a boy that looks like the protagonist and girl with blue/white hair and blue eyes, also i remember that the world looks post-apocalyptic just like Here And there... dunno but i also think it had some crazy big head aliens!

#15 BTsdragon

BTsdragon

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (Funkgunn @ Oct 27 2008, 03:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, thanks BT you found it! I was looking for it the other night, this list from Supun.

Sure! It's a good quick reference! Thanks again to supun!

QUOTE (GATO008 @ Oct 27 2008, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure they passed Macross II movie not the OAV, wow some awesome stuff they passed back then! BTW i really wanted to comment on this before but now that you brought it up Here And There, Now And Then is remarkedly similar to Green Legend Ran, i even thought it might have been sequal or prequel, been sometime since i've seen GLR but i remember a boy that looks like the protagonist and girl with blue/white hair and blue eyes, also i remember that the world looks post-apocalyptic just like Here And there... dunno but i also think it had some crazy big head aliens!

Is that why Lalaru always looked kind of familiar to me? I've been trying to figure out what other anime character she resembled for the longest.
aka blueTamsia

Posted Image

#16 Ventrik

Ventrik

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:06 PM

I too have the same problem, in stead of making a new thread I will post here.

Being that I was a little kid at the time (I'm 22 now) I have no idea when this was played. I only caught the final minutes of this Anime and I never got the name. But this was my first, if you can even say that. This was back when Sci-Fi used to list the shows and times with a hells gate theme (Gargoyles and red/black Gothic frame) All I remember was this boy gets up, I think his outfit was white, looks around what seemed to have been a battle field and said something a long the lines of "It's all gone... It's over." Then it fades to a sunset over their destroyed lands and he takes his helmet off and since you are behind him you never see his face.

When I looked at that list I thought it might have been Casshan. Still unsure though because I remember in the credits it said something about an Anime Collection. Like the show might have been a collection and snip-its of a wide ranges of amime. But than again I don't really know, I remembered I was trying to take every bit of the credits into memory so I could figure out what it was. I have yet to and I just thought I seeing if Sci-Fi had a forum I could ask this on...

Sooo yeah, if anyone can confirm Casshan having an ending scene similar to the one above that would be amazing.*

#17 Funkgunn

Funkgunn

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (Ventrik @ Oct 28 2008, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I too have the same problem, in stead of making a new thread I will post here.

Being that I was a little kid at the time (I'm 22 now) I have no idea when this was played. I only caught the final minutes of this Anime and I never got the name. But this was my first, if you can even say that. This was back when Sci-Fi used to list the shows and times with a hells gate theme (Gargoyles and red/black Gothic frame) All I remember was this boy gets up, I think his outfit was white, looks around what seemed to have been a battle field and said something a long the lines of "It's all gone... It's over." Then it fades to a sunset over their destroyed lands and he takes his helmet off and since you are behind him you never see his face.

When I looked at that list I thought it might have been Casshan. Still unsure though because I remember in the credits it said something about an Anime Collection. Like the show might have been a collection and snip-its of a wide ranges of amime. But than again I don't really know, I remembered I was trying to take every bit of the credits into memory so I could figure out what it was. I have yet to and I just thought I seeing if Sci-Fi had a forum I could ask this on...

Sooo yeah, if anyone can confirm Casshan having an ending scene similar to the one above that would be amazing.*

Similar, maybe not exact. at the end of the one, that was played on Cable back in the day, it ended with him in his outfit, (don't remember if he takes off his helmet.) overlooking a wasteland/desert , with his mechanical dog. It is a sunset and such. I do not remember what is said. I have not seen it in ages. he had just got done defeating the big bad boss guy.
Posted Image

#18 TommyTwoTacos

TommyTwoTacos

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:22 PM

does this look familiar to you?

Posted Image

#19 HitmanHellsing

HitmanHellsing

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (TommyTwoTacos @ Oct 8 2008, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm thinking Hakugei: the legend of moby the **** but what you're describing sounds a bit more violent. Let me ask, was the captain of the spaceship really into raving and were they salvaging other ships? Maybe Queen Emeraldas, was it a pirate spaceship? This feels more likely as it's a derivation of Galaxy Express 999, which does involves "trains" and androids.

I think it was the Sunday they showed old animes/mangas... like "Blue Sonnet" "Devilman" "Megazone 23 part 3" and so on.... there was one that I watched that was all about a green orb, it was a horror anime I think... the orb could bring the dead to life or kill them brutally, I think it played through story's of how people used it for themselves, the story's that I can kind of remember was the bit that an army fighter plain is fly over an island and on the island is the orbs, there all the dead army dudes that are still on the plain coming back from a fight come to life and the last guy that flying the plain to get home gets attacked and jumps out the plain for safety he lands on the island where the orb is, the guy thinking he's safe really isn't cuz the island is crawling with zombie, and skeleton cuz of the orb... and the over story a remember is the taxi drive that uses it to kill people that threaten him when he's driving they to places... soz I cant give you much else to go on, but if one of yous remember the title so I can look it up and maybe get it on DVD id be really grateful.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 TommyTwoTacos

TommyTwoTacos

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:49 PM

hmmm a green orb and zombies and ****? Sounds like Heavy Metal to me.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users